Practice Squad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Practice Squad

Reiss is reporting Kettani is on it.  No big surprise there.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Practice Squad

Also apparently deals are in the works for Silvestro, Kopa, and Tarpinian.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I thought that Patriots can't actually get players on practice squad until Tuesday?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nope, they're signing them today. I think they had to wait until noon Saturday to start the signings. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think Pro was right. Waivers went until noon, which is why the Pats got Salas because they were the only ones to put in a claim on time 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The Patriots announced the following players have been signed to their practice squad (the team leaves one spot open):

G Thomas Austin (former Patriot who had been claimed by Texans in 2011)
    FB Eric Kettani (spent 2011 on Patriots practice squad)
    WR Sam Kirkland (rookie free agent from Kent State who was with Redskins in preseason)
    OT Matt Kopa (spent 2011 on Patriots practice squad)
    TE Alex Silvestro (spent 2011 on Patriots practice squad as defensive end)
    LB Jeff Tarpinian (appeared in 7 games, with 1 start, for Patriots last season)
    DB Malcolm Williams (2011 seventh-round draft choice of Patriots; 5 games played in 2011; also practice squad)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One spot open. I'm guessing they are going to try to find a QB. Kind of surprised Bolden didn't get the PS. Did another team claim him or sign him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

One spot open. I'm guessing they are going to try to find a QB. Kind of surprised Bolden didn't get the PS. Did another team claim him or sign him?

the Pats Did

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Isn't he on the 53 man roster?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol, yes you two both are correct. My bad, for some reason I didn't think he made it. Never mind my bad.

Still think they will add a PS QB though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

lol, yes you two both are correct. My bad, for some reason I didn't think he made it. Never mind my bad.

Still think they will add a PS QB though

Yep, a practice squad QB makes a lot of sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my understanding bolden made teh original 53

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

my understanding bolden made teh original 53

heard something on nfl network today pats one of 5 teams interested in kafka

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Pro was right. Waivers went until noon, which is why the Pats got Salas because they were the only ones to put in a claim on time 

Except Salas wasn't waived.  They had to trade to get him.  He actually made the Rams' roster.  He's likely a higher quality player, I think, than most of the waived guys.  From what I gather the new OC at the Rams liked some of the other receivers better, so Salas had slipped down the depth chart.  McDaniels, however, had moved him up the depth chart and, from what I've read, a lot of fans in St Louis are not happy to see him go.  He was having a pretty good impact in his last four games before he was injured last year.  In fact, he had 22 receptions for 216 yards in those four games, which is pretty decent.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Kettani has just been released and that opens up a spot in the PS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Kafka - the QB they just worked out??

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ebert must have shown very little.  I thought he'd be on the PS. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Jeremiah Warren signed back to PS. At least they are trying to develope someone in an area where the Pats are thin presently.

Sections
Shortcuts