Pre-AFC Championship game between the Pats vs. the Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Pre-AFC Championship game between the Pats vs. the Colts

This game is very interesting to see if the Pats can beat the Colts.  If they beat the Colts they are an Elite team.  If they don't they are just above average team to make to the post season but not deep into the Title game.  Sofar, we 've seen the Pats defense stayed on the field longer the Pats offense.  They have win games by the Young defense stand tall.  For the Colts games, if the Pats defense cannot create a turn over then the Pats have no chance to win this game.
    For this week game, I see the Pats 7-1 vs. the Browns due to the "Spy gate" drama that Eric made.
    Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Pre-AFC Championship game between the Pats vs. the Colts

You mean it will be interesting to see if the Colts can beat the Pats, NOT the other way around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with Davedsone....

There are no elite teams in the NFL this year. This year, I think the SB is up for grabs. The Colts are not elite, neither are the Pats, but the Pats do own the better record and therefore, I think we have to look at it other way around for now. Plus we are playing at home in late November...that means bighead won't have his comfy dome, fabricated crowd noise and daddy playing with the thermostat to trouble the Pats. 

This will be a big game because each team at this point could be in the playoffs and be contending in the AFC title game. Homefield advantage is key especially when you are playing Indy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope it snows. That's the mighty Peyton's kryptonite...and being clutch in the playoffs. Those are his kryptonite. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We've got a bigger game than this one coming up in Bitchburgh (not to mention the once and future Cleveland Browns this weekend) before even thinking about the Colts, but you cannot deny the significance of the matchup, nonetheless. It will be important for someone (the Pats? the Steelers? Tennessee? Green New Jersey?) to get the Colts out of that cozy little indoor home of theirs in the playoffs. The hope is that with the emergence of the Law Firm and the return of Logan Mankins (and who knows, maybe even Fred Taylor for two or three plays), the Pats might be able to play a little smashmouth with these guys. It's reasonable to assume that Manning will have an extended picnic over the middle of the field against the Pats "Break but Don't Crumble" defense, so the key (as always) will be ball control and winning the turnover battle.

Of course, all of this is secondary to the task of tooling up on Rico Mangini and the Brownies on Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patriots by 14

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What's our record against the Colts during the past 5-6 seasons?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't think the colts will make it to the afc championship. the pats will be playing pitt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I favor Pitt too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd say that Pittsburgh is a tougher opponent.  They have zero holes.  With that kid Pouncey, even their once-weak blocking is better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-AFC Championship game between the Pats vs. the Colts:
    Agree with Davedsone.... There are no elite teams in the NFL this year. This year, I think the SB is up for grabs. The Colts are not elite, neither are the Pats, but the Pats do own the better record and therefore, I think we have to look at it other way around for now. Plus we are playing at home in late November...that means bighead won't have his comfy dome, fabricated crowd noise and daddy playing with the thermostat to trouble the Pats.  This will be a big game because each team at this point could be in the playoffs and be contending in the AFC title game. Homefield advantage is key especially when you are playing Indy. 
    Posted by PatsLifer

pat's lifer needs to get a life. different year same excuses. grow up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Very UnBelichick of you to think that far ahead. The (6 and 1) Pats are playing the Browns in a trap game, then Pittsburhgh, then Indy. one game at a time.... haven't you learned that from ten years of Belichick coaching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pre-AFC Championship game is gonna be the Steelers-Pats game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

agree one game at a time. Though Pats playing against Moss does sound tempting. We could win then Randy could give another press conference on how much he loves the Pats with a salute to the new SB champs that he could have been a part of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I can see the game in Pitt being very tough, although the Steelers do have holes and BB will figure out a way to allow the Pats to win the game. Now as far as Indy goes, we finally have them at home. The Pats have been waiting for this day for a long time, I too hope it snows and we wipe the floor with them. If we win both these games we would have a great shot at grabbing the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts