Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : Actually they are somewhat at peace with what they are which is probably an 8-8 or 9-7 team. Everybody is still looking for Dan Marino and as I enjoy reminding them...Dan Marino ain't walking through that door! Fins fans and media are hopeful about Chad Henne and to be honest I do think he is the QB of there future. Big question is if Ronnie Brown will still be a Dolphin next year. Anyway Parcells will probably make them a contender next year and then bail just like he has on every team not named the NY Giants.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Their only chance is to get up quick somehow and force the Pats to fight back. If the Pats get up quick this ones over early.
    Should be a completely opposite look on O. Pats slinging and the Fins on the ground.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Patriots pass offense is second in the league and seems to be accelerating.  Dolphins pass defense is 21st in the league, but that is generous because due to injuries, last week the Fish started 3 rookies in their defensive backfield.  The rookies are facing perhaps the NFL's most complex offense. 

Also in coverage, Joey Porter is fighting a hammy.  Channing Crowder missed last week's game with a bum shoulder.  Crowder will probably be on the field but he might be both rusty and ill-practiced.  Miami has a special problem hiding all five of these weak spots because Tom Brady's favorite receiver is whoever is open.  Brady may go five receivers wide more than usual.  Who's going to stop them?

Chad Henne gets sacked about 4 times as often as Tom Brady, per hundred pass attempts.  14 sacks, 124 pass attempts.  BB usually doesn't blitz much but in this case he's stacking up the box anyways to stop the run, and a scared rookie QB with no targets is wearing a "sack me" sign on his back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

the wildcat is a joke...

I got the Pats winning this one by 2 TD's.  Look for Brady and Moss to connect and have a big day.

just my 2 cents!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : Good teams are SUPPOSED to POUND bad teams.. oh, and I seem to recall the Pats did defeat two teams along the way who were undefeated at the time they played them.  So, what is your point?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    bragging about beating the jets is like bragging because you beat up a bunch of corky's

im a diehard dolphins fan and wouldnt dare brag about beating the jets, nevermind twice

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Who's braggen about beating the Jets??? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

The key to this week's game will be whether the Miami D puts pressure on Brady with the blitz.  In the last two weeks, in the first halves, the fins have shut down Brees and sanzchsucks by blitzing heavily.  Still don't understand why they got away from the blitz in the second half the last two weeks and allowed Brees and the punk to sit back and make some plays.  If they blitz and pound the crap out of Brady the entire game, the Fins have a chance.  If they don't, the fins lose big. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Who's braggen about beating the Jets??? 
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]
    my point was, beating a team that was 1-0 or 2-0 really isnt saying all that much, ya know?

this should be a heck of game sunday

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : Will look forward to your post after the game: Run will be stuffed, Henning will be forced to throw, game will be ovah. But you enjoy the view
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Oh, Ill enjoy the view. I'll be sitting behind the dolphins bench. I'll be back after the game..win or lose. I think Miami will put up a fight but lose. They haven't been blown out this year by any team and they've had the nfl's toughest schedule. I'm not a homer just a realist. I think New England should be concerned about stopping the run because they are going to have the kitchen sink thrown at them.
    Miami has a very big offensive/defensive line. The Pats have a very medicocre running offense. If JT and company can put pressure on Brady it will be closer than you think. Parcells and Sparano are no dummies. They will have their team prepared. Miami could easily be 5-2 right now if their receivers din't stink on ice. If they make some plays it could be very interesting. Henne will make the throws, it's just a question whether or not they will actually catch the damn ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : Oh, Ill enjoy the view. I'll be sitting behind the dolphins bench. I'll be back after the game..win or lose. I think Miami will put up a fight but lose. They haven't been blown out this year by any team and they've had the nfl's toughest schedule. I'm not a homer just a realist. I think New England should be concerned about stopping the run because they are going to have the kitchen sink thrown at them. Miami has a very big offensive/defensive line. The Pats have a very medicocre running offense. If JT and company can put pressure on Brady it will be closer than you think. Parcells and Sparano are no dummies. They will have their team prepared. Miami could easily be 5-2 right now if their receivers din't stink on ice. If they make some plays it could be very interesting. Henne will make the throws, it's just a question whether or not they will actually catch the damn ball.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying. I think your team knows what it has to do to stay competetive and give themselves a chance to win. I just don't think you guys have the players to achieve those goals. Pats win big in this one! December 6th might be tougher after Chad Hennington has some time to develop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Ginn is no big deal... he just had 1 great game... we left larry izo go for some reason !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying. I think your team knows what it has to do to stay competetive and give themselves a chance to win. I just don't think you guys have the players to achieve those goals. Pats win big in this one! December 6th might be tougher after Chad Hennington has some time to develop.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

You patriot fans are mighty cocky and arrogant--but your team earned the right for you to be so arrogant and dismissive, even if you may prove to be foolish.

But as far as your statements that Miami doesn't have the players to match up, you may want to remove the delusional lens from your glasses and look again at your defense.  Your defense, ranked 14th against the run, is not the same as in years past because you lost some key players; and this week you ain't playing Tampa Bay or Tennessee.  So if you and your friends want to say "oh, the jets stopped Maimi's running game; so we will too", get ready for a rude awakening.  I am not saying Miami will win; but I guarantee you that Miami will run all over that pourous run defense you got up there. Henning will make the changes necessary and Miami's strong o-line will rebound and push that weak defensive line to martha's vineyard.  And if Miami blitzes and pounds Brady all day like they are capable, Miami has a great shot.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

As you delusional patriot fans continue to predict a wild, lopsided victory by the almighty and superior Patriots, over the outmatched, inferior and weak Fins, you may want to remember that Miami played the 2 remaining undefeated teams, the Colts and the Saints, the toughest this year--and had a chance to win both games.  No, Miami is not there yet and still needs to improve.  And they may very well lose to the Patriots.  But at the end of the game, you're going to know that you played a tough team and you just might lose this game.  Now go back to your fun in delusionville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE] I am not saying Miami will win; but I guarantee you that Miami will run all over that pourous run defense you got up there. Henning will make the changes necessary and Miami's strong o-line will rebound and push that weak defensive line to martha's vineyard.  And if Miami blitzes and pounds Brady all day like they are capable, Miami has a great shot.    
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

I think your half right, miami may give Brady problems with blitzes but i think you will be surprised at how well our ''weak defensive line'' contains your running game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : I think your half right, miami may give Brady problems with blitzes but i think you will be surprised at how well our ''weak defensive line'' contains your running game.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

We'll see... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]As you delusional patriot fans continue to predict a wild, lopsided victory by the almighty and superior Patriots, over the outmatched, inferior and weak Fins, you may want to remember that Miami played the 2 remaining undefeated teams, the Colts and the Saints, the toughest this year--and had a chance to win both games.  No, Miami is not there yet and still needs to improve.  And they may very well lose to the Patriots.  But at the end of the game, you're going to know that you played a tough team and you just might lose this game.  Now go back to your fun in delusionville.
       By your theory NE had a chance to be undefeated too. We lost in OT to an undefeated team (Denver) and lost be a TD to the Jets. WOW!!! I feel much better now.The fact is that we lost two games. No excuses. Now here's your wake up moment. The wildcat is out of the bag and were gonna just smoothly ride over the speed bump of a team that the Phins have always been in the AFC this decade. Now go cry over your Dan Marino photos.
       BTW tell Joey he needs to step it up a bit,with only 2 sacks this season he's going to find his way to Detriot next year for a 3rd rounder. His jersey is cleaner than your punter's. Final score 42 Pats, 13 Phins. and thats only if we put in our back-ups.
       If you think your team is going to play us tough,then what does that mean to us? EVERY team plays us tough. We are the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! We went to 4 SB's this decade,winning three,undefeated regular season, ect,ect,.If you don't like it then tell your team to do something about it or go back to the Dolphins dead fish board and cry with Mercury Morris.
       Miami was exposed as the fraud of an NFL team they are by Baltimore in your 27-9 playoff loss.When was the last time Miami won a playoff game? Now you're here with a 3-4 record talking tough. Yeah right dude. Parcells was never anything without BB and never will be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots :    By your theory NE had a chance to be undefeated too. We lost in OT to an undefeated team (Denver) and lost be a TD to the Jets. WOW!!! I feel much better now.The fact is that we lost two games. No excuses. Now here's your wake up moment. The wildcat is out of the bag and were gonna just smoothly ride over the speed bump of a team that the Phins have always been in the AFC this decade. Now go cry over your Dan Marino photos.    BTW tell Joey he needs to step it up a bit,with only 2 sacks this season he's going to find his way to Detriot next year for a 3rd rounder. His jersey is cleaner than your punter's. Final score 42 Pats, 13 Phins. and thats only if we put in our back-ups.    If you think your team is going to play us tough,then what does that mean to us? EVERY team plays us tough. We are the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! We went to 4 SB's this decade,winning three,undefeated regular season, ect,ect,.If you don't like it then tell your team to do something about it or go back to the Dolphins dead fish board and cry with Mercury Morris.    Miami was exposed as the fraud of an NFL team they are by Baltimore in your 27-9 playoff loss.When was the last time Miami won a playoff game? Now you're here with a 3-4 record talking tough. Yeah right dude. Parcells was never anything without BB and never will be.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]The key to this week's game will be whether the Miami D puts pressure on Brady with the blitz.  In the last two weeks, in the first halves, the fins have shut down Brees and sanzchsucks by blitzing heavily.  Still don't understand why they got away from the blitz in the second half the last two weeks and allowed Brees and the punk to sit back and make some plays.  If they blitz and pound the crap out of Brady the entire game, the Fins have a chance.  If they don't, the fins lose big. 

I love your selective amnesia. You lost both those games just as you got spanked the second time you played us last season. The wildcat works on teams that never played against it for the first half then teams shut it down and kick your butt. You've beat Buffalo and the Jets and you're bragging about it? Pathetic

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Jason Ferguson and Crowder out for fins d.  Crowder is easily replaced by Torbor.  But losing Fergy at the nose is huge.  Solai has been playing the nose really well  all year in the rotation with Fergy.  Don't know if he can handle the whole game without help.  Could be huge for pats running game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Jason Ferguson and Crowder out for fins d.  Crowder is easily replaced by Torbor.  But losing Fergy at the nose is huge.  Solai has been playing the nose really well  all year in the rotation with Fergy.  Don't know if he can handle the whole game without help.  Could be huge for pats running game.

Dude,
    Pats lineup 4 wide right out of the box. They're going straight after your defensive backs.No doubt in my mind. If you start bringing Blitzes too much they're going to screen you and go to the draw with Faulk. You have to be concerned that the Pats can put 30 up this week against you. What's your prediction on how many points Miami can put up and do you think they will be able to run the wildcat as much as they say they want to.(I think they're lying about Brown throwing it)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : bragging about beating the jets is like bragging because you beat up a bunch of corky's im a diehard dolphins fan and wouldnt dare brag about beating the jets, nevermind twice
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

???????   who said anything about the Jets?  Apparently you DO NOT watch the Pats much. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : my point was, beating a team that was 1-0 or 2-0 really isnt saying all that much, ya know? this should be a heck of game sunday
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Let's see... Atlanta, 2 - 0 , which also beats your "scary" Phins in week one and the Ravens 3 - 0 and picked by many to beat the Pats the day they played.  Either way, a couple decent teams. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

oggieman, you sure are selective with your rationale.  You call Pats fans arrogant, yet here you are spouting off about the Dolphins.  The Dolphins lost BOTH games to the Colts and Saints AT home!!  How much more of an advantage did you want your Phins to have?  The Pats won't have that advantage as they will face these two teams in their domes!  I can imagine what the odds would be for these games if the Colts and Saints had to face the Pats in Foxboro in November, in the COLD and weather instead of their cozy domes.  Also, your Phins offense put up a WHOPPING NINE points against the Jets while giving up 31 points (without the benefit of KO or defensive TDs) to the rookie led Jets offense!  If Sanchez and the Jets can put up 31, what about the Pats O?  hmmmmm..  and you say Miami has the D to slow down Brady and Co?  The Jets have yet to match the intensity of the game they played against the Pats, too.  Oh, sorry if I sound arrogant!