Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami

Evidently Big Brother didn't like the pop culture reference to the LMFAO song that I made in the title to the other board I started, but it's time to move on to next week.

The storylines:
    The Hangover, pt. 2.1?
    The offense stalled in New Orleans - did Miami learn anything that it can use?
    The defense gave up big plays last week - Can Henne and company also make the Pats pay?
    Vollmer was out - will he be back this week?  And where would he play?
    Edelman was also out last week - will he break the starting lineup?
    How many injuries is too many?  The Dolphins have played tough after losing nose tackle Jason Ferguson and cornerback Will Allen, but is Ronnie Brown too much for them to overcome?
    On the Road Again - Can the Patriots beat the Dolphins in their house?  Only the Colts and Saints, through late game heroics, were able to beat Miami in Miami

It's the first game in December - let's hope the Patriots are priming to play their best football as the season comes to a head.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami

In Response to Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami:
    [QUOTE]Evidently Big Brother didn't like the pop culture reference to the LMFAO song that I made in the title to the other board I started, but it's time to move on to next week. The storylines: The Hangover, pt. 2.1? The offense stalled in New Orleans - did Miami learn anything that it can use? The defense gave up big plays last week - Can Henne and company also make the Pats pay? Vollmer was out - will he be back this week?  And where would he play? Edelman was also out last week - will he break the starting lineup? How many injuries is too many?  The Dolphins have played tough after losing nose tackle Jason Ferguson and cornerback Will Allen, but is Ronnie Brown too much for them to overcome? On the Road Again - Can the Patriots beat the Dolphins in their house?  Only the Colts and Saints, through late game heroics, were able to beat Miami in Miami It's the first game in December - let's hope the Patriots are priming to play their best football as the season comes to a head.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Clean your act up Nick, I can't be repeating myself all night LOL.

Yes Ronnie Brown is a big loss. He killed us as a running back and the keyman in the wild cat. I expect a highly motivated team to take the Dolphins apart at the seams. My prediction is the Patriots 31, the Dolphins 13.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I see the Pats defense tearing Miami into little pieces.  Unless they get confused and crawl into the fetal position again. 

If the defense doesn't come out and make a statement this game than they don't have the talent and skill to make a statement.  This game will define who the Pats are this year:

Good but they weren't hungry enough or

Hungry but not good enough to do anything about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I want to see this Sunday.
    Vollmer.....Mankins......Koppen.....Connelly......Light

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami:
    [QUOTE]I want to see this Sunday. Vollmer.....Mankins......Koppen.....Connelly......Light
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

And lots of running plays to the left.  I really think the Mankins & Vollmer combo can create some good lanes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see this Sunday. Vollmer.....Mankins......Koppen.....Connelly......Light
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

I prefer that other guy's idea lol:
    Vollmer ... Mankins ... Koppen ... Neal ... Vollmer

I don't think they have the technology, though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Clean your act up Nick, I can't be repeating myself all night LOL. Yes Ronnie Brown is a big loss. He killed us as a running back and the keyman in the wild cat. I expect a highly motivated team to take the Dolphins apart at the seams. My prediction is the Patriots 31, the Dolphins 13.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Come on E.W...31 to 13? 

Nah, you seem smarter than that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

History tells us this will be a good game.  Although lopsided victories have occurred, these two teams usually play each other tough.  It really doesn't matter what their records are.  I like this rivalry the best of all.  Sure, Pats-Colts is good, but Pats-Phins goes back a looooong way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It is a rare occurence, under even the best of circumstances, for the Pats to go into Miami and throttle the Dolphins convincingly. Just doesn't happen very often. Carawayseed is right. The Dolphins are the ultimate incarnation of evil. The Baltimore Hoosiers are so pathetic the NFL had to create a Special Ed division for them to win every year, and I am here to tell you that that "rivalry" won't survive beyond Brady v. Manning. Green New Jersey is a poseur which always barks louder than its bite can cover. Miami is an actual enemy which gives the Pats fits more often than not no matter who is wearing the jerseys. The Pats will win this game. Your fingernails (and mine), however, will not survive it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

I think the pats will win but not cover. As I stated before their secondary is horrible. Expect a big dose of Ricky. Henne will bounce back, as will Brady. If Miami can control the clock expect an upset.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]I think the pats will win but not cover. As I stated before their secondary is horrible. Expect a big dose of Ricky. Henne will bounce back, as will Brady. If Miami can control the clock expect an upset.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Controlling the clock against Brady isn't enough. Brady didn't need a lot of time to score last game against Miami in foxboro.  The key to the game is putting pressure on Brady.  He's going to be up for this game and looking for a bounce back performance.  Miami has to pressure Brady early and often to have a real shot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Controlling the clock against Brady isn't enough. Brady didn't need a lot of time to score last game against Miami in foxboro.  The key to the game is putting pressure on Brady.  He's going to be up for this game and looking for a bounce back performance.  Miami has to pressure Brady early and often to have a real shot. 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]
    i dont know why but i think starks and langford have a big game and get to brady a few times...will it be enough? time will tell but they cant let TB and welker dink and dunk their way down the field

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think the pats will win but not cover. As I stated before their secondary is horrible. Expect a big dose of Ricky. Henne will bounce back, as will Brady. If Miami can control the clock expect an upset.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Miami has the receivers to exploit the Pats' secondary.  The Saints have Colston, Meachem, and Henderson.  The Dolphins have Camarillo, Bess, and Ginn.  Big difference.

The other major difference is Drew Brees and Chad Henne.  Brees could fool Merriweather into biting on misdirection pass plays.  I doubt either Henne or the Dolphins' offensive coordinator could devise and execute anything near as creative in the passing game.

I think Oggie is partially right - the Dolphins have to be able to pressure Brady early (the blueprint says to blitz early - particularly delayed and zone blitzes), then get to him without sending extra rushers as the game progresses.  I think this will be where Miami misses Jason Ferguson, though.  I see the Pats possibly committing more to the run than they did last game (abandoned it after the first drive in favor of the spread formation and immediately surrendered an interception).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree with most this one will be tight. I don't know how many more different formations Sparano has left but I think he's gonna need them. I don't see them beating the Pats in a conventional set. We all know that BB is real tough to beat the second meeting and the Pats are tough coming off a loss. On the flip Miami's playing good home.
    The Pats can close out the division with a win and I think that'll take them over the edge. I look for something close to last time, tight game with the score not indicating it. Pats 30-17

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I have been to every Pats Phins game held in Miami(Broward) for the past 8 years. While I think we will win I don't think we should be surprised by a close game. Miami will fight for there season and they will throw everything they have at us. Brady does not like to play down here and now they have moved the game to 1:00 I think the heat will be a factor. I hope we bounce back and crush the Dolphins but Im not sure we will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : I'm not sure if Miami has the receivers to exploit the Pats' secondary.  The Saints have Colston, Meachem, and Henderson.  The Dolphins have Camarillo, Bess, and Ginn.  Big difference. The other major difference is Drew Brees and Chad Henne.  Brees could fool Merriweather into biting on misdirection pass plays.  I doubt either Henne or the Dolphins' offensive coordinator could devise and execute anything near as creative in the passing game. I think Oggie is partially right - the Dolphins have to be able to pressure Brady early (the blueprint says to blitz early - particularly delayed and zone blitzes), then get to him without sending extra rushers as the game progresses.  I think this will be where Miami misses Jason Ferguson, though.  I see the Pats possibly committing more to the run than they did last game (abandoned it after the first drive in favor of the spread formation and immediately surrendered an interception).
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick, I agree big time on the missing Fergy part.  He's our Woolfork

as for the receivers and the Miami passing game, Miami's best receiver is brian Hartline.  The coaches have been talking about getting him more action this week. Ms. Ginn is not a receiver.  Other than Hartlne and Bess, most of the action will be thrown to the Tight ends---Fasano came back nicely last week and SPerry is the big surprise. 

Don't count out Henne in this one.  I have been watching him since his days at Meeeechagan (I'm a buckeye fan).  He's going to bounce back;  he always does.  And he plays much better at home

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Keys to the game, control Ricky Williams and get to Chad Henne.  On offense, run the ball and score in the red zone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Come on E.W...31 to 13?  Nah, you seem smarter than that. 

Sadly enough I'm not much smarter than that. It's a little optomistic but what heck I'll stick by it. The Patriots usually bounce back well after defeats like that and I think losing Brown hurts you guys against us. The Pats should do better defending a straight up running attack with Williams back there. My one fear is that this defense is completely shot mentally in which case all bets are off. I do think the Pats are going to score in the low to mid 30's though..What's your prediction?
    In fact I'll revise it and say Pats 31 Phins 16. It's "on" in Miami

By the way, Is Ronnie Brown a Free agent at the end of the year? I'd love to see the Pats grab him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Sadly enough I'm not much smarter than that. It's a little optomistic but what heck I'll stick by it. The Patriots usually bounce back well after defeats like that and I think losing Brown hurts you guys against us. The Pats should do better defending a straight up running attack with Williams back there. My one fear is that this defense is completely shot mentally in which case all bets are off. I do think the Pats are going to score in the low to mid 30's though..What's your prediction? In fact I'll revise it and say Pats 31 Phins 16. It's "on" in Miami By the way, Is Ronnie Brown a Free agent at the end of the year? I'd love to see the Pats grab him.
    depends on the CBA outcome whether or not he is eligible this year or next...and with the pending retirement of ricky after 10'...i think they lock him up for a few years...cant see ronnie leaving mia to come to new england via free agency but who knows?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : depends on the CBA outcome whether or not he is eligible this year or next...and with the pending retirement of ricky after 10'...i think they lock him up for a few years...cant see ronnie leaving mia to come to new england via free agency but who knows?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I know it..Everyone is holding their breath on that. Plus if it happens every team gets 2 franchise tags which mucks up free agency even more. Sure would like to have him though. Makes us a little better and the Phins a little worse. That being said they'd have to be soft to let him get away. I know it was a huge mistake letting the Jets steal Curtis Martin from us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What worries me is the protection Brady will get. It's a guessing game but if Vollmer is healthy it'll help especially if one can't maintain the Dolphins pass rush.
    Anybody surprised I'm not worried about the D ???
    I'm passed that.
    Pats must score and anything less than a 4th and 5 GO FOR IT !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Come on E.W...31 to 13?  Nah, you seem smarter than that. 

You think that's crazy? Someone said 56 to 10, Pats! I think this will be a 10 point match like last time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : I know it..Everyone is holding their breath on that. Plus if it happens every team gets 2 franchise tags which mucks up free agency even more. Sure would like to have him though. Makes us a little better and the Phins a little worse. That being said they'd have to be soft to let him get away. I know it was a huge mistake letting the Jets steal Curtis Martin from us.

Ronnie aint going anywhere--look elsewhere.

I don't have a prediction.  If I bet on the Dolphins or predict a win, I seem to always jinx them. 

But I will predict this: going into the 4th quarter it will be anyone's game; and possibly Miami's game to lose.  But what happens in the 4th quarter....that's when I pray after watching these dolphins' 4th quarter melt downs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Ronnie aint going anywhere--look elsewhere. I don't have a prediction.  If I bet on the Dolphins or predict a win, I seem to always jinx them.  But I will predict this: going into the 4th quarter it will be anyone's game; and possibly Miami's game to lose.  But what happens in the 4th quarter....that's when I pray after watching these dolphins' 4th quarter melt downs.

That sounds an awful lot like Dolphins 40 Pats 2 to me. I'll write that down.Lol

I know the games going to be close. The Pats need some of these guys that have been beat up to be somewhat healthy for the game and it looks like Volmer and light will both be in there on the offensive line this week. That's a plus.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Ronnie aint going anywhere--look elsewhere. I don't have a prediction.  If I bet on the Dolphins or predict a win, I seem to always jinx them.  But I will predict this: going into the 4th quarter it will be anyone's game; and possibly Miami's game to lose.  But what happens in the 4th quarter....that's when I pray after watching these dolphins' 4th quarter melt downs.

It should be a very interesting battle of two teams that don't like to win in the second half.

I hope this is the game that the Patriots make headway in the fourth quarter and take a small baby step towards playing good football in the fourth quarter by doing it against the worst 4th-quarter team in the league.  It would be embarrassing and a terrible sign for the team's prospects if they can't finish strong against the Dolphins.

I think Jake Grove would be just as big of a loss as Ferguson has been if he can't play.  I think Wilfork would OWN Grove's backup.

Sections
Shortcuts