Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami:
    In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : That sounds an awful lot like Dolphins 40 Pats 2 to me. I'll write that down.Lol I know the games going to be close. The Pats need some of these guys that have been beat up to be somewhat healthy for the game and it looks like Volmer and light will both be in there on the offensive line this week. That's a plus.
    Posted by ewhite1065

No EW, actually I was thinking 45-10---just kidding  no chance of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Both teams coming of a bad loss. Both teams like to play each other. As Pats have been the better team coming in to Miami @ Miami in the past few years and still gotten beat or close to it, I have to beleive that Miami feels pretty good for this week end.

No Ronnie, but Ricky is enough.

That said, Most of the Pats will be back this week end, TB is wanting to shine and D wants to show they don't stink....we should have the edge

Will be a great game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

it will be 59-0 in the 1st qtr GAME

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

What the Pats need to do is put the ball in the ball in the endzone more than the other team does. That's my John Madden impression.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I wonder if Fred Taylor comes back.

I also wonder if this is the week to focus on the run - or if they would bring him back to have a full stable of running backs to keep Miami honest as opposed to gearing up for the pass like the Saints did.

I feel like running the ball might play right into Miami's hands.  They want to slow the pace of the game so they can stay close.  The Patriots' biggest advantage is their passing game and hopefully they find ways to use it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami:
    In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Patriots at Miami : Controlling the clock against Brady isn't enough. Brady didn't need a lot of time to score last game against Miami in foxboro.  The key to the game is putting pressure on Brady.  He's going to be up for this game and looking for a bounce back performance.  Miami has to pressure Brady early and often to have a real shot. 
    Posted by oggieman

You are right, controlling the clock against Brady is not the answer.  In the NO game, Pats had about 7 more minutes of possession time and 20+ more plays than NO.  The Saints D-Backs played superbly and TB had no one to throw to who was wide open.  He is used to pressure.  The key is how the Pats D plays.  In that NO game, EIGHT NO plays accounted for 300+ yards of offense!  Only 8 plays!  I think Miami knows what it is like to be lit up with so few plays, though, given what happened in the Colts game.  Let them play!!

Sections
Shortcuts