Pre-Game discussion: Titans vs. Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Pre-Game discussion: Titans vs. Patriots

Thanks to Skiman for the 5 most unproductive comments in the history of Boston.com discussion boards.  He makes Leon look like a contributor.

Old friend Mike Reiss gives his preview here:

One pertinent point that I forgot is that the Titans' defensive coordinator (Jim Schwartz) was hired by the Lions to be head coach, so their defensive play calling is probably going through the same transition that the Patriots' offensive play calling is going through.

And before we anticipate a Pats' blowout, let's wait and see if All-Pro cornerback Cortland Finnegan will be back on Sunday.  The Titans have a lot of talent - I wouldn't write them off the same way some people wrote Denver off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Titans vs. Patriots:
    Does it really matter? Even if they crush them it will be, "Big deal, the Pats beat a 0-5 team at home".
    Posted by KellieMB

Good point.

There is no victory here.

It's a game the Pats simply must win -- and a potential win that will do nothing to quiet the nerves of generic Pats fan, who is apparently never more happy than when he is miserable. A Pats victory here tells you nothing about the state of the team.

A Pats loss, however, at home, to one of the dregs of the league . . .

Well now, that is the proverbial horse of a different color.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

While the Titans are better than their record (look at the Jets game, they should have won it had it not been for Ryan Mouton or however you spell the guys name), they're still not the caliber of team of the Ravens, Colts, or even the stupid Broncettes. 

I just hope we win the game by 2 possessions, whether its 10 points or 30 points. 

They neeeeeed to win this game and the next, go into the bye week with momentum and come out like a bunch of crazed animals attacking everything in sight after the bye week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Titans also gave the superbowl champions a game, lest you forget.  First 3 games were lost by a total of 13 points (i think). 

but - Nick Harper is now gone.  There is no guarantee that Finnegan will play.  That puts 2 rookies in at db that are not nearly as good as the colts 2 rookie dbs currently starting.  No Haynesworth.  No Schwartz.  Last week Jevon Kearse was deactivated.  What does that mean for this week.  The point, a titans d that ranked 7th in yds and 2nd in pts. is a shell of its former self. 

I still wouldn't take them lightly.  Oh and Bullock left the game last week with an injury.  What is his status?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The Titans also gave the superbowl champions a game, lest you forget.  First 3 games were lost by a total of 13 points (i think).  but - Nick Harper is now gone.  There is no guarantee that Finnegan will play.  That puts 2 rookies in at db that are not nearly as good as the colts 2 rookie dbs currently starting.  No Haynesworth.  No Schwartz.  Last week Jevon Kearse was deactivated.  What does that mean for this week.  The point, a titans d that ranked 7th in yds and 2nd in pts. is a shell of its former self.  I still wouldn't take them lightly.  Oh and Bullock left the game last week with an injury.  What is his status?
    Posted by underdogg

Bullock would be a huge blow to their defense - he's one of their biggest playmakers.  

I think if they were going to try to put all their marbles into one last effort at a win, though, it would be this week.  10-6 and a shot at playoff contention is still a realistic goal for them right now, but if they lost this week the best I think they could hope for is 9-7.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and see what Finnegan's, Bullock's, and Kearse's statuses are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

My prediction. Brady and Moss hook up for 2 long scores and the defense adds another. Complete debacle! 41-16 Pats roll...

and PLEASE STOP RUNNING on 2nd and 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I would also love to see and empty backfield hurry up offense 5 WR right out of the gate. Why not, let's mix it up. Put Galloway out there and see what happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

My prediction. Brady and Moss hook up for 2 long scores and the defense adds another. Complete debacle! 41-16 Pats roll... and PLEASE STOP RUNNING on 2nd and 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jam757

Doesn't that drive you crazy?

Incomplete pass on first down.

Maroney goes sideways on second down.

Faulk gets six on third down.

Hanson punts into the endzone on fourth down.

Net gain: 16 yards.

Mike's head explodes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Yeah when you watch other teams get creative with their offense it makes the Pats offense look that much worse. I understand about "keeping them honest" and sticking with the run but the only thing the Titans do well is stop the run. Let's air it out in the first half! How about some motion as well!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Titans vs. Patriots : Bullock would be a huge blow to their defense - he's one of their biggest playmakers.   I think if they were going to try to put all their marbles into one last effort at a win, though, it would be this week.  10-6 and a shot at playoff contention is still a realistic goal for them right now, but if they lost this week the best I think they could hope for is 9-7. I'll keep my ear to the ground and see what Finnegan's, Bullock's, and Kearse's statuses are.
    Posted by NickC1188

Haven't heard anything on Bullock and could not remember if he came back in the game.  Kearse was a "healthy" scratch, so he must have been in hot water.  There is some speculation that Finnegan might be back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Titans vs. Patriots : Doesn't that drive you crazy? Incomplete pass on first down. Maroney goes sideways on second down. Faulk gets six on third down. Hanson punts into the endzone on fourth down. Net gain: 16 yards. Mike's head explodes.
    Posted by prairiemike

I thought I was the only one who hated this.  That O'Brien guy must have something to prove ... "See, I'm committed to the run!"

Sections
Shortcuts