Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE

Good game Pats. Next week's game against the Jets should be a good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Boy! I am beginning to like Ochocincho! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Nice win Boys

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

happy for the win, but not giving up 419 yards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We win, Colts lose. 

Good weekend. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Good opening game.

Some tweaking is needed on both sides of the ball, but I can't say that I'm disappointed with either the offense or the defense.

Hopefully all the gloom and doom'ers that proclaimed our run defense too weak, and our secondary too bad, will shut-up.

Great way to start a new season. We're contenders folks. Anytime you have Brady and Belichick at the helm, you're a contender. Maybe people will realize now, that we're contenders, and maybe people will realize that we have a young, athletic, and good defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Nice chat guys and gr8 way to start the season!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE:
    [QUOTE]I have to imagine the D intentionally played softer the second half.  They proved themselves first half.  Palmer made a lot plays on the run and Ocho Cinco kept them in it.  Overall our D looks F'in awesome.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I agree.  390 yds allowed is f'ing "awsome".  Of course Denvers' amazing D held the Bungles to what, 200 yds in the first game last year?  LOL, and of course, any yds Cincy did get this game was due to Pats playing soft in the second half.

The excuse meter is pretty high already for you guys I see.  Good win though, on the offensive side of the ball the Pats look top 5 again.  And good ol' Bill even held his shorts and didn't throw a last minute garbage touchdown so everyone would oooh and ahhh over another blowout.

10-6 or 11-5.  I lean toward 11-5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]We win, Colts lose.  Good weekend. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

add to that the Raiders lose !! GREAT weekend!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]happy for the win, but not giving up 419 yards
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Yea, but we still played well against a very good offense. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]happy for the win, but not giving up 419 yards

The score, well, it's deceiving, as is the yards. When the Bengals passed it as much as they did, you should expect to give up that many yards passing.

When the game was close, and both teams were playing a more conventional style of play, we outplayed them.

We had pretty good pressure throughout, and the secondary looked very good, and they were flying around to the ball.

As I said, the yards, and the score are deceiving. They should have one less TD if Meriweather had been given the INT.

And let's not forget - we played a very good offensive team.

The run defense looked great, and the pass-defense was very good. As I said before, when the opposing team passes it that much, you're going to give up a lot of passing yards. 

Just imagine what we'll do to the Jets. Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Remember before the half the hail mary for 50+ yards, the d stops that they hold'em under 400 yards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE : I agree.  390 yds allowed is f'ing "awsome".  Of course Denvers' amazing D held the Bungles to what, 200 yds in the first game last year?  LOL, and of course, any yds Cincy did get this game was due to Pats playing soft in the second half. The excuse meter is pretty high already for you guys I see.  Good win though, on the offensive side of the ball the Pats look top 5 again.  And good ol' Bill even held his shorts and didn't throw a last minute garbage touchdown so everyone would oooh and ahhh over another blowout. 10-6 or 11-5.  I lean toward 11-5.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

Some people are never happy unless we blank the opposing team, hold them to 5 yards of offense and get double digit picks. 

I won't disagree with 11-5 though. I have them going 13-3 at best, 11-5 at the worst. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE :  And let's not forget - we played a very good offensive team. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

That is true, they have some good weapons

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Look, we were playing a soft-defense for most of the game.

We were preventing the deep ball, and keeping everything in front of us. 

Gauging the defense based on the second half won't exactly give you a clear picture of what happened. 

Overall, the pressure was good, the coverage was good, and we won the game. The latter is what matters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Since everyone's throwing out how the defense allowed so many yards there's another reason why it's so high. The Pats had a pick 6 and a kickoff return for a TD. If those don't happen the Pats offense is on the field longer and runs down the clock. It also puts the Bengals offense offense on the field more so they're going to have more yards.

The Pats won the turnover battle which is extremely important.

McCourty looks like a top CB already. Wow.

Is it just me or did Chung look like a monster out there? He was hitting hard and wrapping up tackles. He looked very good. Edit: Just checked his stats on NFL.com. He had 12 tackles and four assisted tackles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE : I agree.  390 yds allowed is f'ing "awsome".  Of course Denvers' amazing D held the Bungles to what, 200 yds in the first game last year?  LOL, and of course, any yds Cincy did get this game was due to Pats playing soft in the second half. The excuse meter is pretty high already for you guys I see.  Good win though, on the offensive side of the ball the Pats look top 5 again.  And good ol' Bill even held his shorts and didn't throw a last minute garbage touchdown so everyone would oooh and ahhh over another blowout. 10-6 or 11-5.  I lean toward 11-5.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

i don't think mighty made an excuse. yeah, they gave up alot of yardage in the second half, but it might have been part of a greater strategy by BB.

am i happy they gave up 419 yards?  no. but the fact they were up 31-3, had a special teams TD and a pick 6, plus our offense was outstanding,shows we pretty much dominated

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This win took a combined effort.

The offense produced, the defense flew around and held the Bengals to 3 points in the first half, and the special teams produced.

When we had a big lead, the defense kept everything in front of them and forced the Bengals to burn clock, and the offense finished the game.

Neither the offense, nor the defense were "spectacular", but they both did their job, and we got the win.

Butler looked great (aside from a few plays) and McCourty looks like a bona-fide starter.

I don't think the Bodden loss helps us, but I don't think it necessarily hurts either. Same goes for the Ty Warren injury. Gerard Warren, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, and Ron Brace have all looked better than he did last year.

We're 1-0, and that's what matters. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

the patriots looked great, the dolphins looked like crap, the colts and raiders lost, now a jets loss would cap a great first week of football for the pats. 15 more to go, its as early as it gets, now lets get ready for week 2. go pats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Look, we were playing a soft-defense for most of the game. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

not from what i say in the first half

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE : not from what i say in the first half

I was referring specifically to the second half, and late second quarter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Very good game today, with the offense looking dominant against a solid defense in the Bengals.  Brady spread the ball out and Moss, Welker, Tate, Faulk, Hernandez, Gronk, Taylor, and Crumpler (called back) all had catches.  Much better than the 2-3 who would be targeted last year.  Also, this was with Edelman out.  The running game looked solid, and it appears that the Pats could do fine riding Taylor and BJGE as the primary backs this season, should they stay healthy.  Faulk also remains a weapon and an elite 3rd down back.  I think Maroney will have a hard time seeing the field should this continue.  The defense looked decent, and showed flashes of greatness against a very strong Bengals offense.  This defense showed promise and should improve oer the course of the year.  For now, the defense looks good enough to keep us in games, with the potential to be one of the better units in the game as the season goes on.  Special teams looked terrific minus Ghostowski. Hopefully he turns it around as the season moves forward.  Otherwise, Tate got a good chunk of yards on returns, and the coverage teams held the Bengals to very short returns.  Solid game all around.
    Offense: A- (92/100)
    Defense: B- (82/100)
    ST: A- (91/100)
    Overall: B+ (88/100)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Offense gets an A, Defense gets a B-.  Good game. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

not just because we belong to a fanbase who love to disagree with each other, i ahve to say the opposite.

the d gave up yards and 24 pts, but i have to give them credit for forcing two turnovers, one of which resulted in a TD. thatw as missing last year. so in my book the d had a 14 pt game (gave up 24 pts, but got back 7 on guyton's int plus 3 pts on the missed fg after the fumble). i had really low expectations on this d, so i was really happy with the performance.

i set a 28 pt expectation for the o prior to the game (yes i am harder on the o), given all the new weapons. they scored 24 when they should have scored 31, with the short field after the fumble.

essentially, the d topped expectations and the o slightly disappointed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Also nobody got injured...no small feat considering all the bad luck we've had in that department this year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Thread Cinn vs NE : I was referring specifically to the second half, and late second quarter.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

I saw a lot of 2s in there, in the second half.  Correct me if I am wrong.  

Sections
Shortcuts