Pre Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Pre Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection

QB:  (2)  Brady, Mallett

I still can't see where Tebow helps this team

RB:  (5)  Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Bolden, Blount

WR:  (6)  Amendola, Dobson, Edleman, Thompkins, Boyce, Slater

This position is seemingly shaking itself out, baring injury of course...

TE:  (4)  Hooman, Sudfeld, Ballard, Fells  *Gronk on PUP

I want to replace Fells with Ford, but for now I'll stick with the vet.

OL:  (8)  Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Wendell, Cannon, Svitek, Connelly, Green

DT:  (4)  Wilfork, Kelly, Fortson, Vellano  *Armstead on PUP

DE:  (6)  Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Benard, Buchannon, Bequette

Bequette barely hanging on...

LB:  (5)  Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Collins, Fletcher

Beauharnis should be able to sneak through to P.S.

CB:  (5)  Talib, Arrington, Dennard, Ryan, Cole

I have no faith left that Ras-I can ever consistently stay healthy enough to contribute.

S:  (5)  McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Gregory, Harmon

ST:  Ghost, Mesko, Aiken

Allen is pushing hard, but BB sticks with the proven commodity.

Practice Squad:

Zusevics, Harrison, Winn, Aiken, Grisson, Vega, Allen, Beauharnis

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Pre Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

DT:  (4)  Wilfork, Kelly, Fortson, Vellano

I have no faith left that Ras-I can ever consistently stay healthy enough to contribute.

Practice Squad:

Great projection but no Armstead?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Thanks PATSchamp.  Forgot to note that I'm projecting him to start on PUP list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Agree for the most part, except... 

RB:  (4)  Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount

DT:  (5)  Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead (They cut a lot of guys because they believed in him, he won't get 86ed), Fortson, Vellano

LB:  (5)  Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher, Beauharnis, Kutovides(Polish dude)

Beauharnis won't sneak past the PS, Spikes is done here. Too vulnerable in coverage and not that much better than Mayo against the run. Mayo is much better off at the Mike than Will because he would be able to make reads easier as the Captain of the defense anyway, audible to fit the offense. 

CB:  (6)  Talib, Arrington, Dennard, Ryan, Cole, Dowling 

Assuming he's not IRed, Dowling sneaks in. Too much talent to let slip by. He'll be cut if he's not bac by monday to play against the Eagles, but I'm hoping he just tweaked something and not something that would kill his career.

S:  (4)   McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon

No to Gregory, Wilson and Harmon make it because of ST. Gregory doesn't play ST.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Dowling gets cut, Gregory takes his place.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If I keep reading about James Delvin playing with the first team, I may have to consider switching him with Blount...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If I keep reading about James Delvin playing with the first team, I may have to consider switching him with Blount...

Would be interesting to see a FB again.  A FB who is a good blocker and decent receiver, plus a powerful short yardage runner would be more useful than Blount, I think.  Such a player could replace Blount or maybe one of the TEs. 

Overall, the lists above are pretty reasonable given what we know now.  I'm mixed about Spikes' future here.  During the draft, I felt he might be traded for picks, and I tend to agree with 49Patriots that he's not a long-term solution given his poor pass coverage skills (and general flakiness).  At the same time, he's a good run defender who has persisted as a starter, so I think there's a good chance he plays out his contract--unless, maybe, BB can work a trade for him, which I suspect BB would love to do if Spikes isn't in the long-term plan. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Spikes isn't getting cut. I can see a Mesko cut to save a few cap dollars. If you asked me last year I'd have thought it a lot more likely they'd replace Ghost than him, but is anybody even competing with Ghost?

Somebody (or two) will get hurt and IRd, and everything will change. My gut tells me Tebow is on the team, somehow, some way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Spikes isn't getting cut. I can see a Mesko cut to save a few cap dollars. If you asked me last year I'd have thought it a lot more likely they'd replace Ghost than him, but is anybody even competing with Ghost?

Somebody (or two) will get hurt and IRd, and everything will change. My gut tells me Tebow is on the team, somehow, some way.

Spikes won't get cut but I think you may see his playing time reduced. 

Mesko is a prime candidate becasue Allen is a legitimate replacement.

I agree with you 100% about someone going on IR. I will go out on a limb and say Bequette if they feel he is not ready this year and Ebner if they don't cut Gregory and think Harmon can contribute immediately.

I just don't see where TT can contribute on this team but I think your gut may be correct. It seems that from all reports they are trying to find a place for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Would be interesting to see a FB again.  A FB who is a good blocker and decent receiver, plus a powerful short yardage runner would be more useful than Blount, I think.  Such a player could replace Blount or maybe one of the TEs. 

Overall, the lists above are pretty reasonable given what we know now.  I'm mixed about Spikes' future here.  During the draft, I felt he might be traded for picks, and I tend to agree with 49Patriots that he's not a long-term solution given his poor pass coverage skills (and general flakiness).  At the same time, he's a good run defender who has persisted as a starter, so I think there's a good chance he plays out his contract--unless, maybe, BB can work a trade for him, which I suspect BB would love to do if Spikes isn't in the long-term plan. 

Yeah, Spikes will be a player to moniter.  I tend to think that BB might like him more than most people think.  The dude changed 3 games last year in our favor with bone-crushing hits that forced fumbles.  I know he isn't very good in coverage, but I think he has a role.  I'd be very suprised if he was traded, and shocked if he was cut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, Spikes will be a player to moniter.  I tend to think that BB might like him more than most people think.  The dude changed 3 games last year in our favor with bone-crushing hits that forced fumbles.  I know he isn't very good in coverage, but I think he has a role.  I'd be very suprised if he was traded, and shocked if he was cut.

[/QUOTE]

Tend to agree.  He has stuck as a starter despite his obvious weaknesses, and because of that and his strength against the run, I doubt he'll be cut (though I could see a trade).  Still, I think BB is rethinking the LBs.  Collins may give them another starting outside LB, which means either Hightower or Mayo could end up moving inside and displacing Spikes.  Plus Beauharnais has the potential to be a Spikes-like player if Spikes is more in a back-up role. Worth watching how Beauharnais develops.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

DT:  (4)  Wilfork, Kelly, Fortson, Vellano  *Armstead on PUP

Practice Squad:

You are right about Ras I , but Tim Tebow will make the team according to all sources, also ballard has been seen limping around the practice field all camp thus far so Ford or one of the Fullbacks might get the job over him, unless BB brings in a herd of Te's to fight it out for the last spot. Beauharnais won't sneak through to the PS with Schiano coaching in Tampa, and Harmon will also make this squad barring injury.Let me also add in Logan Ryan makes it also as Dennard has legal issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

QB: (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

RB: (4) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington

WR: (6) Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Slater

TE: (5) Gronk, Ballard, Huey, Fells, Sudfeld

OL: (8) Vollmer, Solder, Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, Wendell, Svitek, Green

DT: (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Forston

OLB/DE: (5) Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Bequette, Buchanan

LB: (5) Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher

CB: (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

S: (6) Adrian Wilson, McCourty, Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Harmon, Ebner 

ST: (3) Ghost, Mesko, Aiken

53 players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

QB: (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

RB: (4) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington

WR: (6) Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Slater

TE: (5) Gronk, Ballard, Huey, Fells, Sudfeld

OL: (8) Vollmer, Solder, Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, Wendell, Svitek, Green

DT: (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Forston

OLB/DE: (5) Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Bequette, Buchanan

LB: (5) Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher

CB: (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

S: (6) Adrian Wilson, McCourty, Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Harmon, Ebner 

ST: (3) Ghost, Mesko, Aiken

53 players

Pretty good Wozzy.  I kind of like the 5 TE idea and I think we could see that if Gronk is doing well and doesn't start on PUP.  Benard is having a good camp.  I could see him making it and possibly replacing Ebner.  We'll see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah Benard was my last cut, I did it more because I believe he'll be an injury risk or won't finish preseason healthy.     Ebner I kept also because there's a strong chance McCourty could be moved back to corner if Dennard is unavailable or there's more injury there and because Nate will show up on special tems.     If everyone gets through camp and preseason healthy I think Connolly, Fells and Gregory could be cut for contract reasons, not performance...

Sections
Shortcuts