pre-season game two.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: pre-season game two.

sure its pre-season,but these are the guys who will step in if a starter goes down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

......and another f'n penalty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

that was a nice throw.illeagal formation.alex smith just lets the safety run by and cream hoyer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

In Response to Re: pre-season game two.:
    [QUOTE]that was a nice throw.illeagal formation.alex smith just lets the safety run by and cream hoyer.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

That sack was nasty, welcome to the NFL kid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Can't drop them if you want to make the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I'm not sure of anything positive to take from this game. Maybe BB should just burn this tape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what kind of feilding the ball was that?what an ugly game.BB will be rolling some heads this week.look for some cuts,and signings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Wow, what an annoying game of errors. I do like B. Hoyer. I hope they consider holding on to him over walter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hoyer is looking good.forget the thirdstring spot,he may challenge the back-up spot,if he keeps playing like this.cant beleive green ellis fumbled the ball.there went that drive,and the lead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, beaten by the Bengals AT home!!  I guess the Pats could have emailed this game in tonite!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you guys are totally nuts with the over analyzing of this meaningless game. however, alex smith S#CKS! what did bill see in this guy? no wonder watson isn't concerned about his roster spot even though he missed most of camp...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Granted, this is pre-season, but, you want to see your team look good, even when the subs are in.  From the boxscore it appears the Pats haven't played well at all.  For those who are watching, has the defense really been that decent to keep the Bengals off the scoreboard except for that one TD?  What has the offense been doing?  Trying plays we may not see in the regular season?  From the game blog, Brady didn't appear to be sharp at all and the Bengals defense was able to apply pressure when the Eagles, who we expected to, didn't at all last week?  So much for that one glorious half from last week carrying over!

Yes, it IS pre-season, but, you got to look good some time!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's the preseason...

In the first game you saw our D get some sacks and pressure, from here on out all you're going to see is gap responsibilities, tackling and coverage; in other words "vanilla."

I'd like to see Kaczur get replaced by either Vollmer or O'Callaghan but he will probably have to give up 3 sacks a game for that to happen.  BB is pretty loyal to his guys...

Hoyer won't make the final cut, Walters will have to regain some of the confidence that getting the stuffing beat out of him in Oakland took from him.  I think they'll resign Guts if he hasn't been snapped up by somebody already...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes its a meaningless game thank god,but i would hate for one of these guys step in right now for a starter.why didnt o-connell run out of bounds?game over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hoyer will be battleing the back-up spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How many of you would have thought the Pats would lose to the Cinncinati Bengals by the score of 7 - 6 at home??!!  Thankfully this is pre-season, pre-season, pre-season....  
    Now- if the Ravens can beat the Redsknins 23 - 0, how do we think the Pats will do next game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after BB rolls some heads this week.we will see a better game.at least a crisper one.even if it is pre-season.i know some say its a meaningless game,but no its not.these guys are not only trying to make this team,but other teams also,if they were to get cut.so yes you would think there would be better game play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The penalties jump out more then anything 9 for 96. I havent seen the game yet but it sounds like we did have an effective pass rush. We brought the house against the starters in the first qtr on the 4rth down play and forced a turnover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

The O line better get there head out of there u no whats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Darius Butler is going to be something special.

The O-line would have to be the worst part of this game for the pats, I know the starters didn't play much but it didn't even look like their was an o-line on some plays.

Glad to see Tom get "blasted" like he wanted and still be okay though. Looking forward to next week already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Preseason or no, this can't be tolerated: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/20/after-the-patriots-preseason-opener/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: pre-season game two.:
    [QUOTE]     Preseason or no, this can't be tolerated: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/20/after-the-patriots-preseason-opener/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] texas- i saw that hit.the first thing brady did was grab his knee.i know he wished for a big hit,but to take a chance on reinjuring his knee is foolish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Sloppy game, lot of penalties, missed assignments, and bad decisions.  Shows me that they still have a ways to go.

On the plus side, maybe this game makes it a little easier to cut some guys.  A lot of guys had some bad moments, and on a team this competitive, you just don't know what's going to be the difference between making the 53-man roster or finding other employment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZ. It's f*cking preseason. Y'all remember the Titans preseasons game in 2007? The one where Brady got clobbered. No? That's because these games mean NOTHING!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

"Sloppy game, lot of penalties, missed assignments, and bad decisions."

Welcome to the NFL preseason!

This game was for working on a few specifics and evaluating the back end of the roster. Bill and co have a better idea of which bubble players will make it or not, and which guys they may want to slip onto the Practice Squad. Also, the punt and punt return units got a lot of practice.
    So it was not a completely negative game.

Sections
Shortcuts