Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are.

In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : AGS, I'm a joker?  I would use you to clean my pipe.  Where is your prediction?  I would like to see who is the closest to the correct prediction of Mr. Brady's performance on Sunday.  Isn't that what it's all about?  How they perform on Sunday??  Well Mr. (Salaries don't matter in this game NY yankees beeeootch) where are your fing predictions.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to make predictions of this nature, never have.  On one side of the coin it is wishful thinking, the other just to see if you can be right to brag later.  If you like to do this, fine, if it makes you happy whenever you are right.  My point is you have a BIG thing about Brady's salary, which is well deserved considering he was being paid well below market for a QB of his caliber.  That alone is driving your posts here.  An Oakland DBack getting paid more money than Brady?  Give me a break.  Your rants against Brady are predictable, that's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are.

In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : Laz, The stakes are that I think Brady (while very good) is overpaid.  I don't think it's worth the cost.  Michael Vick will outplay him surely.  I saw him throw a pass out of the endzone 56 yards right into the recievers hands in stride.  Brady will never be able to do that.  Infact lately he can't even hit guys 10 yards down the field.    5/7/2005: Signed a six-year, $60 million extension through 2010. The deal included $26.5 million in bonuses that were paid in the first two years. 2007: $720,000 (+ $5.28 million "signing bonus"), 2008: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2009: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2010: $3.5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011: Free Agent. Cap charges: $7.326 million (2007), $14.626 million (2008). We have had to let alot of good players go as the model that worked in the early 2000s was abandoned.  The 2007 season was an anomoly.  Cassell won 11 games in 08.  Now we have taken an even bigger step in the wrong direction paying Brady even more.  The stakes are that I think he will continue to under perform his contract, and we'll continue to lack depth and experience at other possitions.  I'll be happy if I turn out to be wrong, I like watching the team win.  I don't mind being wrong at all. 

Hey knightsailor, next time you try to be funny or condescending at least learn how to spell! And I am not talking about your clever little tidbits like "Stealers" ect. As far as Brady being overpaid, what pro athlete isn't? But keep in mind Brady is being paid for giving you THREE Super Bowl Championships already. Not sure how old you are (guessing young 20's maybe) but ask your dad if the cash layout is worth the product you have seen and cheered on for the last 10 years as opposed to the product your dad had to suffer with. Your life must be pretty empty when you have to create this trash (stats and all for Sundays game) instead of offering something tangible to us fans/readers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Why do you still insist you're a Pats fan? Your hate for Brady and BB is obvious and all you ever do is crap on the team. Everyone here is on to you and your stupid attempts to get Pats fans to agree with your constant rants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]It's impossible for any of these leptons to imagine the Patriots winning despite  Tom Brady playing poorly.
    Posted by LouieTheLip[/QUOTE]

Thank you Leon. No better reason why knightsailor should be ignored than the fact that trolls like you and springer agree with him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Quagmire,

I'm 41.  You said we should be thankful for the 3 SBs Brady gave us.  Hmmmm correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there other players on the team.  And how many SBs since tom signed his first massive deal in 2005?  How many good players have been sent packing?  How much depth do we have now.  How many quality middle class veterans do we have to depend on? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Quagmire, I'm 41.  You said we should be thankful for the 3 SBs Brady gave us.  Hmmmm correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there other players on the team.  And how many SBs since tom signed his first massive deal in 2005?  How many good players have been sent packing?  How much depth do we have now.  How many quality middle class veterans do we have to depend on? 

41 in dog years? Whatever your physical age is you have the maturity level of a petulant 5 year old.

Is it time for you to threaten to beat me up again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]I still don't understand your hatred for Tom Brady.  That's why I find it hard to believe you're a Patriots fan.  After everything he has done for the franchise and because he had an off game, you throw him under the bus.  You're an odd person, knightsailor.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

His hatred for Brady based on his posts seems to have to do with his pay check, as in "he's over paid"...  People who have a problem with other people's wealth or with paying taxes don't make enough money, so they hate or blame somebody else.  Brady's life style may also have something to do with it.  Seems that way to me.

Tom Brady is the man, he is a HOF Q.B. now. Who else do we want running the offense? Fravre? Rothlispig? Eli Manless? Kerry Collins? I did see Michael Vick mentioned. How about "kill the dog Mike Knightsailor, is that the kind of guy you want or will anybody who get paid less do for you??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : His hatred for Brady based on his posts seems to have to do with his pay check, as in "he's over paid"...  People who have a problem with other people's wealth or with paying taxes don't make enough money, so they hate or blame somebody else.  Brady's life style may also have something to do with it.  Seems that way to me. Tom Brady is the man, he is a HOF Q.B. now. Who else do we want running the offense? Fravre? Rothlispig? Eli Manless? Kerry Collins? I did see Michael Vick mentioned. How about "kill the dog Mike Knightsailor, is that the kind of guy you want or will anybody who get paid less do for you??
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

It's pathetic. He's a troll. There is no way even an Irrational can make his claims.

He's past irrational. He's a troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : Evil, I am in fact a Patriots fan.  I was a fan of Brady until 2005.  I still root for Brady every week, and I'm happy when he does a good job.  I question whether or not the team can win with this new Pay a ton to one guy strategy.  It's not what brought us the championships in the early 2000s.  Tom and Giselle have a net worth of approximately 300 million dollars.  Maybe they can afford some spagetti.

So you've given up on whining about his hair and now are whining about the net worth of him and his wife? All your posts reek of jealousy and total lack of acceptance that the NFL is first and foremost a multi billion dollar business. Someday when you grow up ( which may be never ) you may learn that the world does not revolve around your childish desires.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yet another clueless troll with way too much free time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

brady will respond because the stakes are now on the line ...

and that is when he is at his best...

how about this ...since most logical fans realize brady is and will go down as one of the best ever...and you have catorgorized us as koolaid drinkers...

why dont you slide yourself and any other brady hater under the category of fraud...or poser...because you say you are a fan... and you like the pats... but you hate the qb that won them their 3 superbowls...   get a clue fool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]I dont feel this man has a hatred for Tom Brady, he just remarks about situations in a different way. Sad part with the Patriot Forum is, if you say anything other than the way the candy coaters in here like it, then you are called a troll or hater. The fact is Tom Brady has serious issues over the last 4 games with accuracey and the long ball. This is the very same problem he had 5 years ago. Sorry folks, but Brady will continue to have problems and they are going to get worse. Why do most of you think he took the off season off? To heal that shoulder, the knee is fine. Anyway, truth is the Patriots will lose this game too. Pats wont score 17 points and Pittsburgh will score at least 24. ENjoy the rebuiling season, but dont get your hopes up...Unless you have plenty of crying towels... Oh and if he really hated Tom Brady, he would say something like.....Hey Tom Brady, you had yum yums with Giselle last night right?...So how does Leonardo DiCaprio taste????????      Spewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

couldnt you say the same thing about yourself after youve had yum yums....ya think about it for a minute  another fool..
    why dont you and NS get a room...and then you can have yum yums with him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : Having dated the aforementioned Tara Reid, Tom Brady spent two years with C-grade actress/A-grade hottie Bridget Moynahan, a relationship that ended in December 2006 right after she informed him that he’d knocked her up. Almost immediately after that, Brady began dating Gisele Bundchen, the world’s richest supermodel and an outspoken proponent of condom use. Unlike pretty much every NFL defensive scheme, you better believe Gisele plans to intercept every single one of Brady’s passes into the red zone. As a nascent pop-cultural icon, Brady was named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful Dicks in 2002. He also appeared as himself on the Simpsons , although it was crappy late-era Simpsons , not pithy, intelligent, seasons 2-8 Simpsons . Brady also appeared as himself on an episode of Family Guy , which was never good.

Give it up child. You obviously get your football info from TMZ and are only interested in the celeb take on sports. You also seem to think that pro sports players should act like cloistered monks. Are you sure you're not a woman?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

You realize half the posters on this board just started kicking their dog after reading your post.Your correct except brady or someone had to be paid.Imagine if Bill could of traded moss and brady for 3 first rounders at the beginning of the season and gotten Vick.SUPERBOWL 4 IN THE BAG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Please help this troll get a life, he obviously desperately needs one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I have never expressed any negative views on BB.  In fact I believe he was much more instrumental in the championship years than Brady was.  I believe that He would have gotten the rings with any number of QBs working in his system.  Now he has been bent over by brady's Annionted status and must field unbalanced teams with no depth."  ~knightsailor

Here ya go knightsailor- THIS is a link showing each of the top NFL QB's pay salary since the year 2000...  It includes everything: Base Salary, Signing Bonuses, Other added Bonuses, & Total Cap hit:

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=144

Here, I'll help ya break it down, with some fun details...

2009: 14.6 mil
    of note: 4th highest QB salary in the league behind Peyton Manning, Donovan mcNabb, & Matt Cassel.

2008: 14.6 mil
    of note: 2nd highest QB salary in the league behind Peyton Manning who's well above @ 18.7 mil for 2008.

2007: 7.3 mil
    of note: 10th highest QB salary in the league behind Carson Palmer (#1 @ 13.5 mil), then B Favre, E Manning, M Hasselbeck, M Bulger, P Rivers, McNabb, P Manning, M Leinhart...THEN Tom Brady.

2006: 13.8 mil
    of note: ONLY year Brady's had the highest paid QB salary... Brady's 800k just above next in line, Michael Vick, and there are 5 QBs above 10 mil: Brady, Vick, Palmer Favre, & P Manning.

2005: 8.4 mil
    of note: 5th highest QB salary in the league, with Favre leading @ just over 10 mil...  There are for 2005, a total of 12 QBs ranging from 7 mil to 10 mil.

2004: 5.06 mil
    of note: 13th highest paid QB salary in the league, with Favre leading @ 9.5 mil... B. Favre, M. Vick, P. Manning, D. McNabb, B. Johnson, R. Gannon, Q. Gray, S. McNair, T. Romo, M. Hasselbeck, A. Brooks & C. Pennington=ALL paid more than Brady.

2003: 3.3 mil 
    of note: 21st highest paid QB in the league...Yes20 NFL QBs making more than Brady... Peyton Manning leads it with 15.3 mil for 2003, yup a mere 15 mil more than big-bucks Tom Brady.

2002: 1.09 mil
    of note: 37th highest paid QB in League...Yes that would make Brady 37th, lower than several teams's back-up QBs.  Yet again, Manning leads the league @ 10.3 mil for 2002.

2001: 314,000
    of note: No...I didn't forget a "0".  I ain't even countin' that far down the list, It's anywhere from 40-60 more NFL QBs making more than Brady.  Brunnel & Manning lead it at both at about 8.5 million for 2001...

Anything...?  Anything?  Anything...?   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I thought I'd translate kightsailor's extensive football knowledge about NFL quarterbacks.

Brady is not a good QB

Because he's married to a rich super model
    Because of his hair style
    Because he goes on vacation to foriegn contries during the off season
    Because he was on the Simpsons
    Because he knocked up an actress and they didn't get married
    Because he was voted good looking by GQ
    Because TMZ says so

All these things supercede any discussions about throwing accuracy, arm strength, game management skills or any of the stuff discussed by posters here. This proves without a doubt that for years we have been using the wrong parameters when discussing the Pats.

So this weeks questions should be

Does Graham have better hair than Gronk
    Can the O line protect Brady when none of them have ever been on TMZ
    Can our receivers get open when none of them spent the entire off season at Gillette

I guess we're screwed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]here is the game in a nutshell-- for the first 3 quaters here is the pats playbook. 1st down run up the middle gain 1 yrd 2nd down run up the middle gain 1 yard 3rd down throw a bomb- incomplete 4th punt repeat for 3 quaters meanwhile the over rated qb rapesburger will thrown his one td and be picked off as usual however after 3 quaters the score will be 27 - 3 steelers in the fourth quater the patriots will finally decide to try to score (will be too late as usual) they go with the no huddle and discover the short pass game. this has been their M.O. all season!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

How have they managed to win a single game?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predict Brady's Performance for Sunday (civil Homers and Koolaid drinkers welcome) put your money where your mouths are. : Evil, I have never expressed any negative views on BB.  In fact I believe he was much more instrumental in the championship years than Brady was.  I believe that He would have gotten the rings with any number of QBs working in his system.  Now he has been bent over by brady's Annionted status and must field unbalanced teams with no depth. 

Give it up Sailor Girl, He'll never be yours!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

From a Steelers Fan:

29-44, 253 yds, 2TD, 1INT.

If the Pats can get a rushing TD, Defensive TD, or a Special Teams TD to augment Tom's two TDs and 3-6 points off field goals, they will win.  And, I think they will.  The Steelers have a hard time with 4-5 wides and quick or no-huddle offenses.  It's right up Brady's ally.

I'll predict a 24-20 Pats win.  Hope like hell I'm wrong!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE] You realize half the posters on this board just started kicking their dog after reading your post.Your correct except brady or someone had to be paid.Imagine if Bill could of traded moss and brady for 3 first rounders at the beginning of the season and gotten Vick.SUPERBOWL 4 IN THE BAG.
    Posted by whitetrashgang[/QUOTE]

For Vick?

Seek help. Like, yesterday.   Vick will be hurt again before year's end. He's done.

Stick to tiddlywinks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Is Vick's hair better than Brady's. Because if it is they might as well give him the trophyr right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I predict 1st play of the game is a deep play action shot to Tate for a 50 yard td.(would be the 1st time this year?!?!)Then we really start mixing in some different looks in the run game and catch the steelers off guard in their personnell packages. After that the steelers defense will be guessing all game and not be able to slow down Brady and the offense.

No seriously, I predict giving up on the run way too early and Brady throwing 45 times resulting in his normal 2 or 3 brutal hits. 27-45 313 yards 2 tds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I predict BJGE will run for 9 yards on 1st down and O'Brien will call two straight pass plays to Welker or Branch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]" I have never expressed any negative views on BB.  In fact I believe he was much more instrumental in the championship years than Brady was.  I believe that He would have gotten the rings with any number of QBs working in his system.  Now he has been bent over by brady's Annionted status and must field unbalanced teams with no depth ."  ~knightsailor Here ya go knightsailor - THIS is a link showing each of the top NFL QB's pay salary since the year 2000...  It includes everything: Base Salary, Signing Bonuses, Other added Bonuses, & Total Cap hit : http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=144 Here, I'll help ya break it down, with some fun details... 2009: 14.6 mil of note: 4th highest QB salary in the league behind Peyton Manning, Donovan mcNabb, & Matt Cassel. 2008: 14.6 mil of note: 2nd highest QB salary in the league behind Peyton Manning who's well above @ 18.7 mil for 2008. 2007: 7.3 mil of note: 10th highest QB salary in the league behind Carson Palmer (#1 @ 13.5 mil), then B Favre, E Manning, M Hasselbeck, M Bulger, P Rivers, McNabb, P Manning, M Leinhart...THEN Tom Brady. 2006: 13.8 mil of note: ONLY year Brady's had the highest paid QB salary... Brady's 800k just above next in line, Michael Vick, and there are 5 QBs above 10 mil: Brady, Vick, Palmer Favre, & P Manning. 2005: 8.4 mil of note: 5th highest QB salary in the league, with Favre leading @ just over 10 mil...  There are for 2005, a total of 12 QBs ranging from 7 mil to 10 mil. 2004: 5.06 mil of note: 13th highest paid QB salary in the league, with Favre leading @ 9.5 mil... B. Favre, M. Vick, P. Manning, D. McNabb, B. Johnson, R. Gannon, Q. Gray, S. McNair, T. Romo, M. Hasselbeck, A. Brooks & C. Pennington=ALL paid more than Brady. 2003: 3.3 mil  of note: 21st highest paid QB in the league...Yes20 NFL QBs making more than Brady... Peyton Manning leads it with 15.3 mil for 2003, yup a mere 15 mil more than big-bucks Tom Brady. 2002: 1.09 mil of note: 37th highest paid QB in League...Yes that would make Brady 37th, lower than several teams's back-up QBs.  Yet again, Manning leads the league @ 10.3 mil for 2002. 2001: 314,000 of note: No...I didn't forget a "0".  I ain't even countin' that far down the list, It's anywhere from 40-60 more NFL QBs making more than Brady.  Brunnel & Manning lead it at both at about 8.5 million for 2001... Anything...?  Anything?  Anything...?   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz,

Thanks for the link.  I gotta admitt that it proves some of the things I have said to be WRONG.  I will say that if you look at Mannings cap hits vs. Brady's they were fairly equivelent from 05-08, however Brady appears to have been a bargain in 09. 

01-04 Brady was a bargain I'll admit.  At that time it was widely believed that he was benefitting from playing in a gr8 system.  He was a low round pick and in my opinion the Patriots groomed him and turned him into a gr8 qb.  I think he should be as thankful to the Pats as we should be to him.

The big question is what will happen in the next three years?  Only time will tell.  I don't retract all of my opinions but I gotta admit I was wrong about the numbers to some extent. 

Sections
Shortcuts