***Predict NE's first 2014 FA signing***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Predict NE's first 2014 FA signing***

Looking to predict FA's that were not on the roster last season.

I think BB will be looking to target the DL, particularly one that can stop the run.  He also has a history of targeting players that he's familiar with, from within the conference.  With that said, I think his first signing will be...

Miami DT Paul Soliai

*My sleeper pick is a Saints S Malcolm Jenkins... a player with obvious talent, that has underperformed, but is still young (26).

Who you got?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: ***Predict NE's first 2014 FA signing***

I like Malcolm Jenkins but I've read so many rumors about the Eagles jumping on his services that I think he might be gone by the time BB starts to play the Free agency game. I'll go with Chandler Jones's brother can't think of his first name, but he the Ravens DT. Or his west coast counter part Red Bryant. Update you can forget about Red he's a Jaguar now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Malcolm Jenkins but I've read so many rumors about the Eagles jumping on his services that I think he might be gone by the time BB starts to play the Free agency game. I'll go with Chandler Jones's brother can't think of his first name, but he the Ravens DT.

[/QUOTE]

He'd be known as Ahthah Jones in these pahts, haha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Dexter McCluster... 1year incentive contract as an insurance policy if they lose Edelman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Scott Chandler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Dexter McCluster... 1year incentive contract as an insurance policy if they lose Edelman.

I like this option, definite return ability as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scott Chandler

[/QUOTE]

Chandler would've been my predition on offense, so I think he's a good option to be the first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Lance Moore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lance Moore

[/QUOTE]

BB has never been opposed to bringing in veteran WR's, so it could happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

They are on the phone with Jimmy Graham right now (sarcasm)...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are on the phone with Jimmy Graham right now (sarcasm)...

[/QUOTE]

Prob telling him that he's not worth (2) 1st rounders and a large contract, ha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Red Bryant, but it won't happen until Wed. or Thurs.  BB will sit back and let the big spenders throw money around on the first couple of days, and then he will start signing reasonable deals closer to the weekend.  Fans here will be pulling their hair out and calling BB the worst coach in the league because he didn't give Arthur Jones 9 million per year.  Happens every year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Interesting question.  Close your eyes, throw a dart and hit a player picture.  Almost as effective as someone could be right.  At this stage there is not a person outside of BB's head that knows the direction the Pats are going and who they may have approached.  Talk about silence!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Interesting question.  Close your eyes, throw a dart and hit a player picture.  Almost as effective as someone could be right.  At this stage there is not a person outside of BB's head that knows the direction the Pats are going and who they may have approached.  Talk about silence!

We all know that we all know nothing (well, most of us know we know nothing), when it comes to who he likes, but it's still a fun exercise to try ang guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Champ Bailey, but wouldn't be shocked if BB went out and got Author Jones or Whitner because of the D issues, esp the run D which use to be a major point of pride to BB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

I think BB takes another shot at higher priced FA (it's been 7 years!) and I think its Ward---I'm starting to sense Talib may walk and the money can go to the 27 year old SS---then maybe go CB in the draft if Fuller, Roby or even Verett if he's there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Whoever the Pats get could obviously alter their draft strategy. If Chandler is signed no TE is drafted in the 1st three rounds. Similiar is if they sign Red Bryant or Courtland Finnigan or Ward; you immediately take DT, CB or SS as no longer being a position of need. My guess is Kelly is released and Bryant is signed. Still think Edelman is a priority, but I just assumed that FA signing includes only players who are not currently on the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whoever the Pats get could obviously alter their draft strategy. If Chandler is signed no TE is drafted in the 1st three rounds. Similiar is if they sign Red Bryant or Courtland Finnigan or Ward; you immediately take DT, CB or SS as no longer being a position of need. My guess is Kelly is released and Bryant is signed. Still think Edelman is a priority, but I just assumed that FA signing includes only players who are not currently on the team.

[/QUOTE]

I agree at CB and S but not with DT. Wilfork is still up in ge and if Kelly is released that only leaves you with 2 starting DT's and JAGs for backups, 1 up in age and coming back from a major injury. I could easily see them double dipping with DT in FA and high in the draft. Esp with a number of DT's in the 1st two rounds that fits BB's measurables exactly

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Bryant, but it won't happen until Wed. or Thurs.  BB will sit back and let the big spenders throw money around on the first couple of days, and then he will start signing reasonable deals closer to the weekend.  Fans here will be pulling their hair out and calling BB the worst coach in the league because he didn't give Arthur Jones 9 million per year.  Happens every year.

[/QUOTE]

We have a younger version of Rd Bryant in Siliga. A strong as an ox 1 dimensional run stuffer but he will cost a fraction of the price.

Ghost has stolen my Dexter McCluster prediction and I will never FORGIVE HIM!!!Yell

Just kidding, but yes I spoke on Mccluster a few weeks back. Just had a break out peformance as a full time slot receiver and is a great KR. My only concern is is if we sign him Edelman is surely on the outs no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

We have a younger version of Rd Bryant in Siliga. A strong as an ox 1 dimensional run stuffer but he will cost a fraction of the price.

Ghost has stolen my Dexter McCluster prediction and I will never FORGIVE HIM!!!Yell

Just kidding, but yes I spoke on Mccluster a few weeks back. Just had a break out peformance as a full time slot receiver and is a great KR. My only concern is is if we sign him Edelman is surely on the outs no?

[/QUOTE]

I figured BB sticks his toe in the FA water for low cost insurance policy before making the big splash. If Edelman is looking for anything higher than 4 mill AAV I don't think he is back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I figured BB sticks his toe in the FA water for low cost insurance policy before making the big splash. If Edelman is looking for anything higher than 4 mill AAV I don't think he is back.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and it makes sense, I just wonder if signing Mccluster early will force Edelman out?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Interesting to see people bring up McCluster...I never really thought of him before, but it would make sense if Edelman walks.

I don't know who will be first, but I think BB will target one of these safeties: Ward, Whitner, Clemons. The jury is still out on Harmon, and I can't see another safety in the draft unless BB has some serious plans to get Calvin Pryor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and it makes sense, I just wonder if signing Mccluster early will force Edelman out?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. If McCluster signs a short term incentive type deal I would consider it an insurance policy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Brandon Pettigrew and DRC (Talib goes elsewhere). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Lots if different thoughts about who to sign and what is needed to help the team. I'm sure the higher ups have discussed each and every one of these possibilities. Now it gets interesting...