***Predict NE's first 2014 FA signing***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: ***Predict NE's first 2014 FA signing***

Emmanuel Sanders

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Mentioned he was going to be a PAT this year, so sticking with it.  Hakeem Nicks .....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Looking to predict FA's that were not on the roster last season.

I think BB will be looking to target the DL, particularly one that can stop the run.  He also has a history of targeting players that he's familiar with, from within the conference.  With that said, I think his first signing will be...

Miami DT Paul Soliai

*My sleeper pick is a Saints S Malcolm Jenkins... a player with obvious talent, that has underperformed, but is still young (26).

Who you got?

I was thinking Soliai too, Miami might not try to keep both him and Starks...he's a good, physical run stopper...31 in December, but I'll take it. I was going to say Bryant, but he's more of a 34 end (which we could use too, but I'm thinking more of right up the middle in terms of need).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Emmanuel Sanders

That might very well be the guy right there Babe, good call

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though a lot of us ametuer GM's thought Red Bryant would be amongst the guys BB would consider, we've been duped again as Red just signed a 4 year deal with Jacksonville. I still have Arthur Jones as a possible but if he's asking for 9 mil per season he ain't landing in New England unless it's as an opponent. Chandler or Pettigrew make sense but again it's about money... If Talib takes a powder then the CB's come into play but by then they could all be off the board. We shall see come Tuesday! In the case of the Patriots we are talking about the 18th not the 12th...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Emmanuel Sanders

Rumor has it the jets have an interest. That could throw a monkey wrench into the plan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Emmanuel Sanders

Rumor has it the jets have an interest. That could throw a monkey wrench into the plan.

Trying to drive up the price perhaps?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Donte Whitner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Donte Whitner

That was my pick lol . 

Give me Jared Allen 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Jason Avant

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Want TJ Ward

Reality Jim Leonard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

On offense, Sanders.

On defense, Donte Whitner.

If Talib leaves, I can see Cortland Finnegan or DRC maybe? Just give me SOMEBODY so we dont waste another draft pick on a corner. I want BB drafting Dline or TE with that 1st round pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Emmanuel Sanders

Trying to drive up the price perhaps?

Either way, it would drive up the price.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I hope its Michael Johnson, but I know it's unlikely. A Pats fan can dream though. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dion Branch

James Ihedigbo

Brandon Meriweather

Tiquan Underwood

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

Jared Allen.....

Unlike most I think DE is the most need this year. I understand the push for TE and DT but get them in the draft.

Pats need a savvy pass rusher.....puts less pressure on DB's and rests Jones and Nink.

If Chandler has to play all the snaps .....how effective will he be?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:

Jared Allen.....

Unlike most I think DE is the most need this year. I understand the push for TE and DT but get them in the draft.

Pats need a savvy pass rusher.....puts less pressure on DB's and rests Jones and Nink.

If we lose out on the Talib sweepstakes, I can almost guarantee you BB will pull the trigger on a quality DE.  The best way to help out your secondary, is to make the QB have to get rid of the ball immediately. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:

Jared Allen.....

If we lose out on the Talib sweepstakes, I can almost guarantee you BB will pull the trigger on a quality DE.  The best way to help out your secondary, is to make the QB have to get rid of the ball immediately. 

I hope your right and the Pats continue to pressure more. I'm still hoping Michael Johnson. I like that he's an every down player. Big bodied, "elephant role" type which we've all been craving since Seymour or McGinnest moved on. It would lighten the load a little on Vince too if OL's have to account for both ends on every play. Lets also hope Collins can continue momentum from the end of last season and AWilson or SOMEBODY( FA/Draft) steps up and hits some people at the SS position. Is that asking too much of BB?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I'd say Jared Allen as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Leger Douzable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Though a lot of us ametuer GM's thought Red Bryant would be amongst the guys BB would consider, we've been duped again as Red just signed a 4 year deal with Jacksonville. I still have Arthur Jones as a possible but if he's asking for 9 mil per season he ain't landing in New England unless it's as an opponent. Chandler or Pettigrew make sense but again it's about money... If Talib takes a powder then the CB's come into play but by then they could all be off the board. We shall see come Tuesday! In the case of the Patriots we are talking about the 18th not the 12th...

That is a good deal for Bryant. I wonder if that raises Henry Meltons price...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

Is Buchanan good enough to sub Nink and Chandler?

Big risk.

Allen, Michael Johnson,  Houston?

Want that mean, aggressive pass rusher who QB's look for and as 'wonder' and 'agill' say best way of helping DB's with less pressure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The first signing will be someone who has not yet been cut from an active roster.   It will not be a "big name". 

I reserve the right to make a future prediction when the dude gets released.

Sections
Shortcuts