***Predict the Day 2 "Reach"***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Predict the Day 2 "Reach"***

IF it happens, my money is on Arizona LB Marquis Flowers (6-3 231).  He's a little know safety convert that plays OLB in in 'Zona's 3/3 and 3/4 scheme and is currently projected as a late Day 3 kid.  He ran a 4.51 40 / 7.06 3C to go along with a 37.5 in vert and 24 reps @ 225 and while he's more of an athlete at this point, he's a rangy kid that plays hard, is stronger at the point than you'd think, brings some versatility and can make plays behind the LOS.  He has the look of that mythical LB/S hybrid that BB hasn't really had.

Who you got?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: ***Predict the Day 2

Good pick.  Pretty underrated player.  This is so hard to predict, but if I had to make a guess I would say Logan Thomas in the 2nd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Oh lordy, if they take Thomas in the 2nd round, or even on day 2, I'll throw the TV out of my 10th floor place....That's not a reach, that's a moon shot, lol....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....Shamar Stevens, 3/4 DE, UConn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Lonnie Ballentine, FS Memphis,  If you are going to reach...reach for a Ballentine.

6'3" 219 lbs ran 4.39 and 4.45 in his Forty. Vertical jump of 38 inches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Antone Exum   CB Virginia Tech

Big physical corner who has the versatility to play safety. This kid was a stud before his knee injury and is now pretty much healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He has to be obscure enough to be barely rated, most likely not a combine invite, at best projected 6-7, but even better 7-UDFA (or even better than that, nobody on ESPN or NFLN ever even heard of the guy and they have to google him on national TV). The last two were Tavon and Duron, so in keeping with that, I've narrowed it to two athletic but low rated tweeners (S/CB) whose first names end in "on."

Kamaron Riley, Mid-American Nazarene, 6'1, 194, pretty good numbers (what do I know?) at the Kansas State pro day: 40 in 4.53, 21 reps, 36" vertical, 10'3" broad jump, 7.04 in the all important 3-cone drill. Can't find much else about him online, so he's probably the guy. But if not...

Marqueston Huff, Wyoming, 5'11, 196, this guy actually did go to the combine which is a strike against him because someone has actually heard of him, 40 in 4.46, 15 reps, 35.5" vertical, 9'10" broad jump, 7.26 3-cone. Projected 6th rounder by CBS.

Here's a quote from the Senior Bowl practices (another strike against him...): "Wyoming defensive back Marqueston Huff blanketed receivers, showcasing the light feet, fluid hips and straight-line speed to turn with the North's variety of receivers, ranging in size from former Cowboys' teammate Robert Herron (5-foot-9, 193 pounds) to Saginaw Valley State's chiseled 6-foot-2, 212-pound Jeff Janis. Huff's athleticism is sure to intrigue scouts looking for cover corners and he's previously shown the toughness to handle NFL physicality due to his time at safety at Wyoming. - Rob Rang & Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com"

It will have to be Riley, Huff is a virtual celebrity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hmmmm...I'll say Tavon Wilson...oh never mind..that happened already.

Put me down for Justin Jones....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Oh lordy, if they take Thomas in the 2nd round, or even on day 2, I'll throw the TV out of my 10th floor place....That's not a reach, that's a moon shot, lol....

Agreed.  Logan Thomas sucks.  Name the last QB in recent history that never completed 60% of his passes in college that ever had an NFL career worth a dam.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Logan Thomas sucks.  Name the last QB that never completed 60% of his passes in college that ever had an NFL career worth a dam.

[/QUOTE]

Michael Vick.  But I agree with your overall point... ideally you want a kid with a history of accuracy, though I like Thomas as a developmental prospect due to his size, athleticism, arm strength and overall tools.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Antone Exum   CB Virginia Tech

Big physical corner who has the versatility to play safety. This kid was a stud before his knee injury and is now pretty much healthy.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you can lump Exum into a grouping with Harmon and Wilson as Exum has Day 2 ability and might drop due to an injury... though it's still conceivable for a team to call his name in Rd 3 or so, for the reasons you mention.  He's not really a "who the frack is that?!" type prospect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ahmad Dixon...reminds me of Chung, but more physical...flies all over the place, but isn't good in coverage yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Michael Vick.  But I agree with your overall point... ideally you want a kid with a history of accuracy, though I like Thomas as a developmental prospect due to his size, athleticism, arm strength and overall tools.

Vick might be the most overrated player in NFL history, but sure he wasn't terrible.  On the other hand he has never been much of a passer and other QBs won't have the advantage of his raw athleticism to fall back on so it does still kind of support my overall point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Jeremy Deering - Safety - Rutgers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Tyler Gaffney, Running Back, Stanford

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If we are going by straight no names:

Ryan Carrethers DT Ark St 6'1 325

or

I feel like BB may secretly love a TE... maybe a Rich Rogers or A.C. Leonard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Brock Vereen

Not only is he related to Shane but he's a S (a very typical BB reach) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brock Vereen

[/QUOTE]

a lot of places have Brock as a late 3rd to 5th round talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here, but also not a no-name type like Wilson/Harmon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brock Vereen

[/QUOTE]

a lot of places have Brock as a late 3rd to 5th round talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here, but also not a no-name type like Wilson/Harmon

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'd put him in the same light as Harmon. A round or two reach if taken in the 3rd or if taken in the 2nd a T. Wilson type of grab as I think any could have been had in the late 4th-5th range

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You guys are picking players that are known and are rated as at least draftable and that have been brought up and discussed on this site even. Wilson and Harmon were virtual unknowns, other than by their families. Might as well pick Michael Sam. 

You can do better. You have to find guys who if they're listed at all on the major draft sites, just have a name and no link, that's another requirement. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys are picking players that are known and are rated as at least draftable and that have been brought up and discussed on this site even. Wilson and Harmon were virtual unknowns, other than by their families. Might as well pick Michael Sam. 

You can do better. You have to find guys who if they're listed at all on the major draft sites, just have a name and no link, that's another requirement. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ok how about this one, Denicos Allen Mich State 5'11" 225lb edge rushing LB with 4.5 speed and decent coverage. Could be a STer/LB/S/ pass rush tweener. Jack knife of all types

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Daniel Sorensen, S BYU

6' 1" 205

4.67 40

(S) Combine #1 @ 3-cone, #1 20-yd shuttle, #1 60-yd shuttle

Prepares like a pro, plays special teams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Wesley Johnson - Vanderbilt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Urban? Would he be considered a reach?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Tyler Starr-OLB-S. Dakota

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...I predict the Day 2 "Reach" to be a no-name 7th Rd-7th Rd/UDFA-UDFA-Player Belichick sees on a personal visit to scout another player from the same college and/or University.  He'll either be a Secondary guy or a Rangy LB, or a Special Teams Guy.  Odds are he'll be from an Eastern School, and most probably a NE school/university.  We'll ALL cry tears of blood for BB using a 2nd Rder on some guy rated If ever taken in to account some way to grade 10,000 scouts As The overall & consensually, 549th Overall Best Player to Draft;  Then once training camp begins, The guy will flash some tidbits of special "wow" play here & there; Then the Season will begin, and He'll get in at the mid-end of year mark after were all b#nged up at that spot...showing pretty decent play in llimited time too.  Next year, He'll make the cut under even higher expectations for his play; That year, He'll do the same or probably, just a bit less;  For His 3rd Season...He'll either make the cut and never see the field...or he'll be swiped off the practice squad by The NY Jets.

^  That's it...  For some IN-sane reason, that happens to be the name-of-the-game, for at least usually 1 2nd- or early 3rd rder.  Why?  =Idk...Hope springs eternal.  Which imho, Ain't the very best draft day docket for selection #50 or so...