Predict the First Position that the Patriots will draft!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

Re: Predict the First Position that the Patriots will draft!

I hope we draft a receiver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Safety Matt Elam

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

CB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

DT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

DT.  If a good one is available, BB will shelve all other needs and grab a good one. 

I keep feeling that BB has been trading out of 2013 ever since April of 2012, knowing how bad this draft would be.  He probably had offers to trade out of 2012 into 2013, but chose to grab Chandler Jones and Hightower.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him find ways to further trade out of this year.  From the Patriots' perspective it's a great contract year for midlevel and low level free agents, who were reamed by the CBA and who want their miserable jobs back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

The reason I put DT (after originally putting DE) is because I believe the Pats have some kind of agreement in place with Abraham that they're waiting to announce. If the Pats do draft a DE with their first pick (whenever it is), then this may cast some doubt on my belief. 

Personally, I could see a DE, DT, WR, CB, or even a S (if Matt Elam somehow falls to us) with our first round (or first second round pick if traded back). However, I'm not BB...and who knows what he is thinking.

ive wanted pas rush de AND abraham all along, and another fa cb as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Punter..... 

Nah, change that, I'll say DT 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

D Lineman or CB--BOOK IT!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I meant DEFENSIVE back not just cornerback. Elam, Reid, Jamar Taylor, Swearinger, Banks?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

whoever it is will be a very high character guy. I think he is going DT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

DT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

DT

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from McPattyDouble. Show McPattyDouble's posts

WR- Either Justin Hunter or Robert Woods

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

DT, then WR, then DB.  7ths don't even matter, they are unlikely to make this team.

A trade is a possibility either way.  I could even see them trading up for a DT type.  If Mallet goes I would add QB to the list, but not in the first.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

WR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

My gut screens either a DE and DL, but given past history I'm going to say they draft a CB first

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Justin Pugh is my pick (OT in college but projects to pro OG).  Interior offensive line is an area of need  that I think is underrated around these parts, and BB doesn't miss on early round O-linemen (Mankins, Light, Solder, Vollmer).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Justin Pugh is my pick (OT in college but projects to pro OG).  Interior offensive line is an area of need  that I think is underrated around these parts, and BB doesn't miss on early round O-linemen (Mankins, Light, Solder, Vollmer).

I could very well see BB going OL in the first round.  Although it's not a glaring need at this point, you can never have enough OL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

interesting stat provided by Bedard:

Since 1991, 25 percent of first-round receivers have caught at least 50 balls as rookies. In the second round, it's 10 percent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

With a slight caveat to the question. If the Patriots trade out of the first round WR,if the Patriots swap picks with Cleveland in first round (acquired by trading Mallett) it will be for one of these two guys Jordan or Milliner. If they keep their pick at #29 D-line is probably the choice.For those of you who will be following the draft pick by pick I will be picking your brains as to how each team did in your opinions and I'll be ranking the picks 1-32 good to bad. I'm doing this for another publication so if you want to have your opinions heard cool beans!I'll start a thread here towards the end of the draft...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

DE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

OL