Predict the NFC Champion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Predict the NFC Champion

Predict the NFC winner and see if you were right a few weeks from now. I'll keep a poll and try to update it as often as I can.

**Updated 1/5 4:00 PM...Poll closes once first NFC wild card game begins!!**

Atlanta - 5

San Francisco - 4

Green Bay - 10

Washington - 0

Seattle - 3

Minnesota - 0

**I put 49Patriots vote down as 1 for SF and Seattle since he listed both. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Predict the NFC Champion

Atlanta squeaks by SF or Sea

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

SF squeaks by Atlanta.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

San Fran or Seattle. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

SF

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Green Bay destroys Atl in the NFC championship.  Pack to the SB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The team that's going to lose to the Patriots by 17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I forgot to add my pick. I really do think it is tough...I would say SF but I don't know about picking a QB with no playoff experience to go to the SB. I'm going to go with GB, because they are getting healthier and I think Rodgers will be hungry after last year's playoff disappointment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Atlanta

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's Atlanta. I really do.   They earned that #1 seed and any time you have homefield in a dome, it's tough for a road team.

I'd say SF, but that move to Kapernick  If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I have never seen a rookie QB ascend at this time fo the year over and over against playoff competition. The closest example we know of is guess who? Tom Brady in 2001 in his second year, but first year of starting.

I know the rage right now is to hop on the media bandwagon as they enjoy covering new teams and stories for ratings (Sea and Wilson, RG3 and Washington, Kaepernick and SF), but it won't hold.   I'll be glad to admit I am wrong if I am.

I think GB ends up getting it together for a run (Seattle is a crummy road team), but Matt Ryan, their run game and their overall balance and STs with the hunger they have, will eventually push GB aside.

Atlanta vs NE in the SB.

[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I would love to see that matchup because it would be my favorite team against Matt Ryan, a BC QB :).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Pats have an easier time of it with seeing he Seahawks or San Fran a 2nd time rather than get Green Bay or Atl. Therefore, I prefer to see the Hasks or San Fran in the SB against the Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I forgot to add my pick. I really do think it is tough...I would say SF but I don't know about picking a QB with no playoff experience to go to the SB. I'm going to go with GB, because they are getting healthier and I think Rodgers will be hungry after last year's playoff disappointment.

[/QUOTE]

That's a good pick. I can see them going in to Atlanta (if that happens) and giving them all they can handle.

I just think that SF might hold serve at home vs GB, with Washington heading to Atlanta in the divisonals.

[/QUOTE]

Ya I just think the Packers as a whole will be pissed over the Seattle game screwing them out of a bye, their loss against Minny, and last years playoffs. They're getting healthier now and the emergence of Randall Cobb gives them another threat at WR. My biggest concern is their lack of a run game. This won't hurt them against Minny, Washington, or even Atlanta, but I think this could bite them against a top defense like SF or Seattle.

I would give Atlanta consideration but I want to see them win a playoff game first. I know every season is different, but their lack of past playoff success is holding me back on them.

As I already mentioned, I would pick SF, but Kapernick's lack of playoff experience scares me. Also, while Seattle is a very good team, I do not see them winning three straight on the road.

Just my 2 cents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I say the Packers over the Falcons in the NFC championship game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I will go with the Cheeseheads !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Votes added, more predictions are welcome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm leaning to Green Bay, though I could make arguments for just about any of the teams except maybe Washington.  If I were to rank the teams, I'd say GB and SF are most likely, followed by Atl and Sea, followed by Minn and Washington.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Originally during the preseason I picked SF to go to the Super Bowl but I gotta switch my pick to GB.  

GB vs. NE in the Super Bowl.  We win the rematch from 97

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say the Packers over the Falcons in the NFC championship game.

[/QUOTE]

cc, i have them as the best 2 teams in afc right now, but rooting for minn to pull through

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Seattle

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

bumping for more opinions!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think what is fascinating about the NFC is you can make a genuine case for all NFC teams advancing to the Super Bowl, except maybe the Vikings and maybe the Skins, but even so, the Vikings could easily take the favorite out (if Green Bay is the favorite) even if they don't make it that far themselves after that. 

On the AFC side it really is hard to imagine a team other than Denver or New England in the Super Bowl. *** Maybe *** the Ravens but it seems like more than a long shot. 

As much as I can't stand Pete Carroll and don't want him to succeed in the NFL I really do think at their best the Seahawks are the best team in the NFC. But: sustaining that is another question. 

I'm going with Atlanta over 49ers, "dome field advantage" yielding its reward. Pats over Falcons in the Super Bowl, 43 - 30. 

p.s. the NFL is surely rooting for Green Bay because if Green Bay is eliminated prior to the NFC championship game, it puts that questionable Seattle loss that cost them a bye week under a microscope. So, it would be wise to look out for funny business and strange calls benefitting the Packers in the playoffs....

Sections
Shortcuts