Predicting Bradys numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Predicting Bradys numbers

Now that Brady is more interested in being another Joe Namath than winning games, expect a Romo-esque season with many shots of the broad in the stands....as if we care.

Let's see, in the last two seasons Brady has played he's gone 32-6. I'd say he's still interested (and pretty good at) winning games. Also, Gisele has gone to games, but hasn't flaunted herself with a pink jersey like that bimbo Jessica. And we all realize you have no interest in looking at beautiful women! You probably have tapes of all the TO "workout" interviews though, for your stroking pleasure! Get a life and stop trolling. I'm sure your mother would love to have you out of her basement so she can start bringing her $10 tricks there rather than going down on them in an alley somewhere!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

This is sort of OT but does anyone think that Tom looks a bit leaner than he did in years past? (Not that he was ever 'heavy'). I dunno, maybe it's just me and I forgot what he looked like to an extent after not seeing him all season last year. Of course I'm basing my observations solely on video footage. Maybe someone that has been to camp can comment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I suspect he may have dropped a few pounds since he was rehabilitating most of the last year. Also, maybe it looks that way because he was not wearing pads or a full uniform. I'm sure he's in good shape, though. After working out during camp and in the weight room he may bulk up a bit. Of course, maybe he worked off a few pounds on his honeymoon. Supposedly it's great exercise. I know if I were on a honeymoon with Gisele I'd try and drop about forty pounds that way myself!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting Bradys numbers:
    [QUOTE]I suspect he may have dropped a few pounds since he was rehabilitating most of the last year. Also, maybe it looks that way because he was not wearing pads or a full uniform. I'm sure he's in good shape, though. After working out during camp and in the weight room he may bulk up a bit. Of course, maybe he worked off a few pounds on his honeymoon. Supposedly it's great exercise. I know if I were on a honeymoon with Gisele I'd try and drop about forty pounds that way myself!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're probably right Bub. Probably just a case of the rehab. I've never seen Tom up close in person (other than via binoculars at a game). I will never forget the first time I saw Drew Bledsoe up close and personal, however. Twas at N.Smithfield and he stopped right in front of my S.O. and I to sign an autograph for a little kid. I was like dang, he is tall but he's a lot thinner than he looks on TV or from a distance. But, I digress... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Laurie, I hope you get the chance to meet Tom face to face someday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Predicting Bradys numbers:
    [QUOTE]Coming off a huge injury and knowing how hard he works and how strong he is phyiscally and mentally. I was wondering what fellow pats fans think he can do this year with the same offense from 07 basically except a faster older option opposite of Moss. 41 TDs 11 interceptions 
    Posted by TheSharkjeff[/QUOTE]

People, where is the optimism?! 41TD, 11 INT?
    I think Not!!!
    He's got more weapons to play with. Example - Joey Galloway, age notwithstanding is a significant upgrade over Gaffney with SPEED, a more physical game and the ability to run a route.

I'm thinking 54 TD's and 9 Int's. Yeah, that's right - 6 TD's for every Int!!!
    P. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think the numbers will be slightly lower, mostly because I believe they will utilize the running game more this season. We'll see, though! I sure as hell would not be unhappy if he were to break his own 07 records! As long as that last game of the season comes out to be a win! In that case I don't care what his numbers look like. The big "4" will be the most important of them all...FOUR Lombardis!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020usLeon. Show m1020usLeon's posts

One interception in the 1st game returned for a TD.During the play Golden Boy gets lit up and his other knee explodes like a hand grenade.

One attempt-One inteception for a TD-Another long year for cheats fans everywhere!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]One interception in the 1st game returned for a TD.During the play Golden Boy gets lit up and his other knee explodes like a hand grenade. One attempt-One inteception for a TD-Another long year for cheats fans everywhere!
    Posted by m1020usLeon[/QUOTE]

I forgive you girl.  Being a Jets fan has to be real tough.  I imagine it would drive me to spend my time on other teams' boards myself.  I hope you enjoy your stay on our board Leona.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predicting Bradys numbers : I forgive you girl.  Being a Jets fan has to be real tough.  I imagine it would drive me to spend my time on other teams' boards myself.  I hope you enjoy your stay on our board Leona.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Now Caraway, don't go insulting women by equating them to male Jets fans. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predicting Bradys numbers : Now Caraway, don't go insulting women by equating them to male Jets fans. lol
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

That is so true.  I can't insult woman like that.  Now that you mention it, I shouldn't compare him to an animal either.  Some of us actually like animals.  Some trolls can actually make meaningful posts, even if wrong.  Leon doesn't fit into that category.  I assume he's a teenage boy who still gets his kicks doing childish stunts.  I guess we just have to wait for him to grow up.  That's one of the problems in America today; poor parenting.  We all have to pay the price for his parents leaving him alone in the house too often. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I forgive you girl.  Being a Jets fan has to be real tough.  I imagine it would drive me to spend my time on other teams' boards myself.  I hope you enjoy your stay on our board Leona.

Being a Jests fan is a painful thing! This weekend they had a show on NFLN called "The top 10 most snakebit franchises". The Jests came in at #8. The best part was some comedian (forget his name) said "I was a Jets fan from when I was a kid until I found girls. Then I went back to being a Jets fan, because girls wouldn't always put out , but with the Jests you knew you'd get fuc*ed every time"!!!

Now Caraway, don't go insulting women by equating them to male Jets fans. lol

Valid point. That is an insult to women!

That is so true.  I can't insult woman like that.  Now that you mention it, I shouldn't compare him to an animal either.  Some of us actually like animals.  Some trolls can actually make meaningful posts, even if wrong.  Leon doesn't fit into that category.  I assume he's a teenage boy still who still gets his kicks doing childish stunts.  I guess we just have to wait for him to grow up.  That's one of the problems in America today; poor parenting.  We all have to pay the price for his parents leaving him alone in the house too often.

Well, if you want to compare them to animals, try using rats as a comparison. Though Jests fans probably carry more diseases! But Leon is a grown man of 30+ years old! If he hasn't grown up by now I wouldn't suggest holding your breath! But perhaps you're correct about the poor parenting thing. His mother (his father, who is also his uncle left many years ago to pursue his career as a wino) leaves poor Leon alone all the time in her basement. She goes down to the truck stop on the NJ Turnpike and turns $10 tricks every night!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]But Leon is a grown man of 30+ years old! If he hasn't grown up by now I wouldn't suggest holding your breath! 
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  Is he really 30+ years old?  I would have bet my house that he was still in his teens.  What 30+ year old man gets his kicks making ridiculous posts on other teams' boards?  At least jbolted and underdogg attempt to make serious posts and conduct real debate.  They're always wrong, but at least they try :^)  Leon's posts are simply mindless.  My 16 month old son can put together a more intelligent thought.  So are you telling me that Leon can vote and sit on a jury?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]One interception in the 1st game returned for a TD.During the play Golden Boy gets lit up and his other knee explodes like a hand grenade. One attempt-One inteception for a TD-Another long year for cheats fans everywhere!
    Posted by m1020usLeon[/QUOTE]

I forgive you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theobama. Show theobama's posts

Brady returns triumphantly. Leading The Patriots to their 4th Super Bowl.
    Reg Season- Pats go 15-1
    1st in division
    Beat Ravens in Divisional game 21-17 
    Beat Steelers in AFC Championship game 17-10
    Beat Falcons in Super Bowl 31-3

Brady 46TD, 7INT (Reg Season MVP)
    Brady in playoffs 7TD, 1INT (Super Bowl MVP)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predicting Bradys numbers : Are you serious?  Is he really 30+ years old?  I would have bet my house that he was still in his teens.  What 30+ year old man gets his kicks making ridiculous posts on other teams' boards?  At least jbolted and underdogg attempt to make serious posts and conduct real debate.  They're always wrong, but at least they try :^)  Leon's posts are simply mindless.  My 16 month old son can put together a more intelligent thought.  So are you telling me that Leon can vote and sit on a jury?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Of course, I do not know this guy personally. But that is pretty much the profile of an internet troll. While he may well be as ignorant as he sounds, most likely he's simply trying to be that way. Usually these types are the kind of people who have no friends, cannot get laid, and are bitter at the world. Possibly he's a Jests fan, but he could be a fan of any team the Patriots have beaten on their way to being a "dynasty". Who knows, he may not even be a football fan at all! The "mother's basement" is a typical stereotype for trolls, which is why it's referred to here so often (I threw in the part about Mommy and her $10 tricks, but that has been used before, too). Leon seems to be one of those people who is generally ignored by society, and thus craves attention. Whether he just hates the Patriots, or simply cannot produce an intelligent thought I can't say. But he's found that by coming here making these ridiculous posts he can get many responses. Much as a child might act out when the adults are too wrapped up in their own affairs, he figures being yelled at is better than being ignored. I would not be surprised if this guy is in his 30s. It's actually kind of sad. The ironic thing is if he is truly a Jests (or Colts or Steelers) fan, he could come here and make rational posts and get the attention he so craves without all the insults. As you mentioned, guys like Bolt and Underdogg come here and have some rational discussions sometimes. Though we may "argue" with them, at least they try and post some coherent thoughts. While with Leon (or any internet troll), he has no desire to engage in discussion. He merely comes here to upset the people who do. IMO, this is a sign of some deeper psycological problems.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

His newly constructed glass knee won't hold up the entire year.  He will probably have 10 TD'S with 10 interceptions by week 8 before going on the IR for the season.  Then it's time to break out the videotaping equipment. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Sois your mouth big enough for your foot or what?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

look at 2007 numbers.  I predict +/- 10%.  They will be even more unstoppable, but may runn a little more than 2007.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaPatsfan. Show IowaPatsfan's posts

I'm a pessimist and ....it hurts me to see Brady wearing that stupid bulky black brace. I hate Bernard Pollard!!  Anyway I hope we put more emphasis on the ground game to limit Brady from unnecessary hits.    Brady probably will start out slow this year.  He has missed a year and is also developing chemistry with some new WRs and TEs.  To expect 40-50TDS is crazy.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think 28-30 TDs is more realistic.  The Pats made an effort to bolster an already impressive running gm.  Fred Taylor and Morris are gonna be huge this year.  Hopefully the running game will limit the number of qb drawbacks from the queen chesspiece that is Tom Brady. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Brady probably will start out slow this year.  He has missed a year and is also developing chemistry with some new WRs and TEs.  To expect 40-50TDS is crazy.

Supposedly Tom is going to get some preseason action this year to "work off the rust". He didn't do so back in 07. Actually, he never had thrown a pass to Moss or Welker in a game before the 07 season started. It didn't take long to "develop chemistry" once the season started, though! While it's true that you cannot expect anyone to match or better any record setting year, to call thinking Brady can throw 40 TDs crazy is crazy in itself! As for the TEs, the only one who's been here awhile is Watson, and he has never been a major staple in the passing game, too inconsistent. Galloway has years of experience in running routes, plus still has more speed than a lot of younger WRs. We've seen how well Tom can put the ball where it needs to be. That should not be affected by any concern about his knee. The only thing I can see that may lower his passing stats a little would be the expanded use of the running game. I expect this offense to be amongst the (if not the) best in the league this season!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]60 TD's 2 INT's.  If Brady and his WR's stay healthy he should break the TD record of  that great QB in 2007.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE] im like you i think he will have a great year,plus he intends to play in all the pre-season games to shake off the rust.but then there are guys like this.

http://profootballweekly.com/2009/08/07/2007-numbers-not-in-store-for-patriots-of-today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Predicting Bradys numbers:
    [QUOTE]Coming off a huge injury and knowing how hard he works and how strong he is phyiscally and mentally. I was wondering what fellow pats fans think he can do this year with the same offense from 07 basically except a faster older option opposite of Moss. 41 TDs 11 interceptions 
    Posted by TheSharkjeff[/QUOTE]

Shark and All:

By all accounts, Brady is fine physically. His greatest hurdle will be to overcome the mental aspects of his knee injury...something that Bengals' QB, Carson Palmer, is still struggling with: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/09/palmer-has-cautionary-tale-for-brady/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

38 TDs
    14 Ints

12-4 Record

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

The only number that matters is #4!

4th superbowl in this decade.