Prediction: 11-5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedcoat. Show TheRedcoat's posts

Prediction: 11-5

Ok. I'm thinking that 11-5 is our season; which wasnt good enough last year but could be good enough this year. Comments?

@ Tampa Bay      win
    v  Miami             win
    @ Indianapolis     loss
    v  NY Jets          win
    @ New Orleans    loss
    @ Miami             win
    v  Carolina          win
    @ Buffalo           win
    v  Jacksonville     win
    @ Houston          loss

Of the three losses I have, I expect one we may win but it is probable that we loose one to Miami.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Prediction: 11-5

F-U. 

I would like to know why people don't think we can't beat NO and INDY. Seyton Manning is like his brother, they aren't who people thought they are. As great as Peyton is, he has not faced a good defense this year. 

If the Patriots have Maroney and Benny running like they did yesterday there is no way the Colts can stop the Patriots. Brady is the better QB, has the better Offense, Defense, and Coach. 

The only team on the Patriots' level on the remaining schedule are the Saints. For a fan, you just wrote your team off against a team they might face in the AFCC, and possible, in the SB. That means you no faith in this team.

13-3 = The only other loss I have for them is against the Phins in week 13, and that's only because the Phins have to win 1 of the 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGAIN. Show AGAIN's posts

N.O. and Indy have NOT played tough teams this year but they will when they face the Patriots, N.O. and the Vikings are an unbelievable 6-0 and then you look at who they've played and its obvious they had an easy schedule thus far. Indy is the only 60-40 game I see, but even saying that, any team can beat anybody. I say they go at least 12-4 probably 13-3.  How can you put Houston as a Loss? I see Miami as a loss waaaayyyyy before Houston and I still think the Pats will sweep up Miami. Hardest part of the Patriots schedule is over, Brady got his timing back.. I hope..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5:
    [QUOTE]N.O. and Indy have NOT played tough teams this year but they will when they face the Patriots, N.O. and the Vikings are an unbelievable 6-0 and then you look at who they've played and its obvious they had an easy schedule thus far. Indy is the only 60-40 game I see, but even saying that, any team can beat anybody. I say they go at least 12-4 probably 13-3.  How can you put Houston as a Loss? I see Miami as a loss waaaayyyyy before Houston and I still think the Pats will sweep up Miami. Hardest part of the Patriots schedule is over, Brady got his timing back.. I hope..
    Posted by AGAIN[/QUOTE]

Whilst I think the Pats can beat both N.O and Indy. I can't dismiss who N.O has played. They smashed the Giants this week. We all remember them the team with the fearsome pass rush that derailed a certain teams shot at history not so long ago. Can't say N.O haven't played any hard teams yet. I reckon Pats go either 14 -2 or 13-3. I think the Indy game may decide home field advantage in the AFC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : Whilst I think the Pats can beat both N.O and Indy. I can't dismiss who N.O has played. They smashed the Giants this week. We all remember them the team with the fearsome pass rush that derailed a certain teams shot at history not so long ago. Can't say N.O haven't played any hard teams yet. I reckon Pats go either 14 -2 or 13-3. I think the Indy game may decide home field advantage in the AFC.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

I didn't say a word about the Saints and the teams they have faced. The Battle in the Bayou is going to be what I think the SB will look like. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

The OP has the Pats losing to the Texans in the last game of the regular season and you are quibbling over his predictions of losing to Indy and N.O.? LOL

I agree that the Pats can beat Indy. Miami? Possibly a split there, though I think BB will come up with something special to beat the Wildcat this time.
    After watching several Saints games this year, including their destruction of a very good Giants D yesterday, the Pats will have to improve quite a bit every week to have a chance to win that game.
    Saints will see the SB this year, from inside a stadium, for a change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Started out the season with a 13-3 prediction and sticking to it. If this offense plays up to their potential they beat anyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

The Saints are looking like the 2007 Pats team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm good with 13-3.  We lost the two we lost by one score.  TB threw away one score easy in both those.  Whatever was the issue looks pretty fixed, not the coverage, but missing open guys.  I don't think we HAVE to lose to Miami.  After the first Wildcat fiasco, we stopped them the 2nd time.  And that was Matt Cassel, mind you.  N.0. will be a challenge, but I think we can play some serious D now, so bring it.  Indy is always an issue.  I say we lose one to one of those guys.  Not both, and we cream the Texans.  Most importantly, we do in the Jets and Miami and win the division. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedcoat. Show TheRedcoat's posts

Wow, didnt expect to receive an FU or other abuse, was only posting my opinion.

To say I have no faithin this team is wrong. Didnt we beat the Giants and then loose to them in the super bowl !

Now my reasoning...

Indianapolis - we dont have a particularly good record there. They are a passing team and that is our weakness.

New Orleans- Its in the dome. They just hjumiliated the Giants and again their offence is electric.

Houston - Are an excellent team at home. I did say we may win won of the three losses and this is the one I think could go our way, but this is a very good team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, didnt expect to receive an FU or other abuse, was only posting my opinion. To say I have no faithin this team is wrong. Didnt we beat the Giants and then loose to them in the super bowl ! Now my reasoning... Indianapolis - we dont have a particularly good record there. They are a passing team and that is our weakness. New Orleans- Its in the dome. They just hjumiliated the Giants and again their offence is electric. Houston - Are an excellent team at home. I did say we may win won of the three losses and this is the one I think could go our way, but this is a very good team.
    Posted by TheRedcoat[/QUOTE]

I don't usually abuse people based on their opinions, but you basically called the Patritots paper tigers. To me, you said we can beat teams like Tenn, but when it comes to playoff teams we are going to be 0-2. 

1.) We faced the Indy Colts in Indy in 07 and we beat them. We faced them last year with Matt Cassel and nearly beat them in their house. I think the Pats with Brady at 100% can handle the Indy  horse shoes.
    2.) I'm not going to lie, NO is going to be a hard one, but IMO, we have the better offense, defense, coach, and QB.
    3.) -_-... You're saying that a team with a defense as bad as the Titans are actually going to beat us? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]N.O. and Indy have NOT played tough teams this year but they will when they face the Patriots, N.O. and the Vikings are an unbelievable 6-0 and then you look at who they've played and its obvious they had an easy schedule thus far. Indy is the only 60-40 game I see, but even saying that, any team can beat anybody. I say they go at least 12-4 probably 13-3.  How can you put Houston as a Loss? I see Miami as a loss waaaayyyyy before Houston and I still think the Pats will sweep up Miami. Hardest part of the Patriots schedule is over, Brady got his timing back.. I hope..
    Posted by AGAIN[/QUOTE]
    Please name the tough teams in the NFL. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

[QUOTE]F-U.  I would like to know why people don't think we can't beat NO and INDY. Seyton Manning is like his brother, they aren't who people thought they are. As great as Peyton is, he has not faced a good defense this year.  If the Patriots have Maroney and Benny running like they did yesterday there is no way the Colts can stop the Patriots. Brady is the better QB, has the better Offense, Defense, and Coach.  The only team on the Patriots' level on the remaining schedule are the Saints. For a fan, you just wrote your team off against a team they might face in the AFCC, and possible, in the SB. That means you no faith in this team. 13-3 = The only other loss I have for them is against the Phins in week 13, and that's only because the Phins have to win 1 of the 2.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Losing to Miami? 49er, you just quit on your team! F-U and the horse you rode in on! No way NE loses to the Phins this year as BB will be ready for the wildcat.  Fool me once....

NE is clearly the better team and for you to say that they will fall to lowly Miami in an important division game shows you are either a gutless coward or a troll. Go away and never post here again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Not looking at numbers. Just hoping that the Pats make it to through the playoffs, go to the superbowl and win the whole damn thing. It would be nice if they faced the Giants again and kick their a*#@ in vengence.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Love the fanboyism. Pats are going to run the table now? Crazy talk. I'd be more than happy at 12-4 11-5. It won't be last year when somehow 11-5 didnt' cut it to make the playoffs. As far as the prediction go we will lose a division game before losing to Houston. Especially when that game might have seeding implications for the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

OK Underdogg, here are my picks for toughest opponents in football right now:

NFC:
    Giants
    Philly
    Minnesota
    New Orleans

AFC:

New England
    Indy
    Denver

It would appear that your super tough Colts will only play NE and Denver(and both at home to boot) A softer schedule I never saw

Simple truth is( with all due respect to Underdogg and Peter Kings man love of Peyton Manning) we really aren't going to know how good Indy is until 11/15. Let's hope that game is played 11 on 11.......it often ends up 12 on 11 Colts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the pats will have to play there best games against the colts,and saints.both these teams can put up big points,and both these teams defense are real good,and they are playing in there houses in domes.yes the pats can win these games,but also could lose them.we could finish out the season 14-2,or 11-5.it remains to be seen.as for loseing to the texans?i dont think so,unless we are sitting out players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In Response to Prediction: 11-5:
    [QUOTE]Ok. I'm thinking that 11-5 is our season; which wasnt good enough last year but could be good enough this year. Comments? @ Tampa Bay      win v  Miami             win @ Indianapolis     loss v  NY Jets          win @ New Orleans    loss @ Miami             win v  Carolina          win @ Buffalo           win v  Jacksonville     win @ Houston          loss Of the three losses I have, I expect one we may win but it is probable that we loose one to Miami.
    Posted by TheRedcoat[/QUOTE]

Way too many things that can happen between now and whenever, but Indy will be pivotal.  INJURIES are gonna be the key as usual....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

If the Saint looks like the Pats of 07, then I certainly hope we can be the Giants of 07. All it matters is we get into the playoffs, then anything can happen from there. With the way the Jets are playing, I think we should make it, but again, you never know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDaddyPrimetime. Show BigDaddyPrimetime's posts

Posted by AGAIN[/QUOTE]

You don't consider the Giants a tough team? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : Certainly not the team Womannings.  Why wasn't what Brady did the top story on ANY of the highlight shows? When Geyton puts up 59 on the local HS teams in his division EVERYONE raves about it, bad knee(?) and all. If the Pats go 12-4 and Brady puts up "decent" numbers and he ISN'T MVP this year, then you'll know the system is rigged. They all talk about the Colts having six straght twelve win seasons, yet I believe we won 77 games in that same six-season stretch. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of Geyton Womanning and his evil twin brother, Elijah Womanning.  I bet when Geyton goes to the HOF, they'll put Cooper in, too.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Nice response.  Way to stay on subject.  I just wanted to know who the poster thought was a tough opponent and who wasn't. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This season has been a bit weird so far. I think my orriginal prediction of no worse then 12-4 (Preseason) is right on and I thought 13-3 was likely. Looking at the remaining games it breaks down like this:
    @ Tampa Bay      win but could be tough win if the travel bothers Pats
    v  Miami             win
    @ Indianapolis     win...Tough game, always is but I am not sold on Indys opponents so far.
    v  NY Jets          win They have begun to show their weakness, and Sanchez is starting to look overloaded (typical of most rookie QB's)
    @ New Orleans    loss This is the only team remaining on our schedule I am worried about, if we played in NE I would say Win.
    @ Miami             win
    v  Carolina          win
    @ Buffalo           win
    v  Jacksonville     win
    @ Houston         win
    equals 13-3

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Qball,

The teams you named are the toughest teams in football.  Does that mean there are no other "tough" teams?

Should we then assume that every tough team listed should go undefeated against every other team that you have not listed?

As for the Manning comment, there are plenty of people who love Manning.  Generally, they are the same people who also love Tom Brady.  Is there an issue there?

Do we know how good New England is right now? 

And what of the 12 on 11 comment?  Explain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I think we've got 3 real tough games left, which is what i've been saying since the Denver game. 

At Miami, At Indy, and At New Orleans. 

If the last 2 were at Foxboro, then I wouldn't be as worried.. Peyton has never been good in Foxboro (barring 1 game) and if they bring that Saints offense to a cold (possibly snow-fest) stadium then it'll get shut down.

The Saints showed just how bad the Giants DB's are; they're awful!! They have had injury trouble in the secondary and when they can't get pressure with a 4-man front, then they'll get picked apart by a good qb like Brees. 

The Pats-Colts game will be a tough one, as it seems to be every near no matter what.  Even with Matt Cassel we had a chance to win it, had it not been for a completely ignorant penalty by David Thomas (unnecessary roughness after the play) that pushed us out of fieldgoal range.  Oh well, that was then.. not worried about that game (just stating what happened).  I think it will be another game that is around 24-21 or something of the sort

The Saints game, if the pats can control the clock with a solid ground game and play physical D without loads of penalties (and actually tackle, instead of lunging at them) then we can hold them down and give ourselves a chance to make them play Patriot football (make them play from behind).  The Saints haven't really played a team that can really put up some points and put them in a spot to come from behind.  The Eagles could've had they had McNabb, but they got Kolb in his first career start and still gave up 391 pass yards. I can see the Saints losing at least one game before we play them (Atlanta and Miami) since both of them have strong ground games and can control the clock (keep Brees on the sideline, which is the best way to beat them). 

The Dolphins game.. I think we'll lose 1 to them, as they seem to do every year (except 2007) no matter how good one team is compared to the other. 

As for the Houston game, if the Pats have a playoff spot locked up I think Bill will play Brady for one series and then put in the backups.. and even then I think we can beat them. 

Now, as far as Indy not playing a tough team.. the toughest opponent they've faced was either the Jags or the Dolphins.  So, they really haven't been tested that much outside of not having the ball that much in the Miami game.   But then again, Miami has a subpar pass D.   The toughest opponent on their schedule before we play them would be the 49ers in 2 weeks.

My prediction is no worse than 12-4.  While I believe we can be 13-3 or even 14-2, i'm not going to get my hopes up.. but I don't expect anything worse than 12-4 with the AFC East title and 2nd seed in the AFC.  Colts will have the #1 seed, they've got a crazy-soft schedule.

Sections
Shortcuts