Prediction: 11-5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Prediction: 11-5

In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5:
    [QUOTE]I think we've got 3 real tough games left, which is what i've been saying since the Denver game.  At Miami, At Indy, and At New Orleans.  If the last 2 were at Foxboro, then I wouldn't be as worried.. Peyton has never been good in Foxboro (barring 1 game) and if they bring that Saints offense to a cold (possibly snow-fest) stadium then it'll get shut down. The Saints showed just how bad the Giants DB's are; they're awful!! They have had injury trouble in the secondary and when they can't get pressure with a 4-man front, then they'll get picked apart by a good qb like Brees.  The Pats-Colts game will be a tough one, as it seems to be every near no matter what.  Even with Matt Cassel we had a chance to win it, had it not been for a completely ignorant penalty by David Thomas (unnecessary roughness after the play) that pushed us out of fieldgoal range.  Oh well, that was then.. not worried about that game (just stating what happened).  I think it will be another game that is around 24-21 or something of the sort The Saints game, if the pats can control the clock with a solid ground game and play physical D without loads of penalties (and actually tackle, instead of lunging at them) then we can hold them down and give ourselves a chance to make them play Patriot football (make them play from behind).  The Saints haven't really played a team that can really put up some points and put them in a spot to come from behind.  The Eagles could've had they had McNabb, but they got Kolb in his first career start and still gave up 391 pass yards. I can see the Saints losing at least one game before we play them (Atlanta and Miami) since both of them have strong ground games and can control the clock (keep Brees on the sideline, which is the best way to beat them).  The Dolphins game.. I think we'll lose 1 to them, as they seem to do every year (except 2007) no matter how good one team is compared to the other.  As for the Houston game, if the Pats have a playoff spot locked up I think Bill will play Brady for one series and then put in the backups.. and even then I think we can beat them.  Now, as far as Indy not playing a tough team.. the toughest opponent they've faced was either the Jags or the Dolphins.  So, they really haven't been tested that much outside of not having the ball that much in the Miami game.   But then again, Miami has a subpar pass D.   The toughest opponent on their schedule before we play them would be the 49ers in 2 weeks. My prediction is no worse than 12-4.  While I believe we can be 13-3 or even 14-2, i'm not going to get my hopes up.. but I don't expect anything worse than 12-4 with the AFC East title and 2nd seed in the AFC.  Colts will have the #1 seed, they've got a crazy-soft schedule.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Don't tell Underdogg that, he seems to think that the Colts have a tough schedule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Alright Underdogg, let's split some hairs. How about my list of 7 become the elite teams.

Of course these teams will not all go undefeated......if for no other reason then some of them play each other:)

Peter King is embarrasing in his praise of Peyton Manning.......I wouldn't also say that all the same people who like Manning like Brady........you should read some other blog material this morning.

I think there is a case to be made that Peyton Manning is overrated based on the large big game sample size where he has underperformed. You can't just blame the losses on the lack of defense forever.

I think we know a little bit more about New England at this point in the year then we do about the Colts.......they have been in some tough games.....it remains to be seen whether the Titans game was a turning point for the offense. I believe the defense has been above average and will get better. There are a lot of things about the start of this season that remind me of the 2003 team.......the big turning point game that year being a victory over a then much better Tennessee team

You might note my objectivity in not including Atlanta among the elite despite them only having the one loss to the Patriots. I am not sold on that team after the way the Patriots manhandled them when they clearly weren't firing on all cylinders 

Lastly, I think most objective viewers would say that the Colts enjoy the officiating advantage in most games they play, and particulary against the bad boy Patriots:)

I think Colts fans should be sending Christmas cards each year to Bill Carollo( the ref of the 2007 AFC championship game) Maybe he should get a small piece of the trophy too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : I didn't say a word about the Saints and the teams they have faced. The Battle in the Bayou is going to be what I think the SB will look like. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You are delusional, completely.  Do you even watch football???

This is such a predictable reaction by SOME in this fanbase after piling it on a winless team.  That win means about as much as Oklahoma rolling up Austin-Peay 76-0, except this is the NFL NOT the NCAA.

Pats are still just what they were before the game;  a decent, mid level playoff caliber team.  Try to get a reality check here - You lost to the ONLY TWO GOOD TEAMS YOU PLAYED ON THE ROAD, and scraped by the 3-3 Ravens and 2-4 Bills at home.

Now suddenly Pats are in the SB? lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

"On any given Sunday"

As I see it we can beat any team we face. They all could beat us. It is up to how we execute on the day.

Denver/Jets in both games there were plays that had we made them, the game is over, we win. In both cases, missed field goals, missed open receivers, dropped passes, we left points on the field. It is all about execution.

We have some tough teams ahead, as much as we love to hate on the colts, they are tough at home. We have proven we can beat them, even when they were a better than today. NO, I can see a game where we lose and a game where we dominate, these guys are the Rams in our first superbowl.

Miami, this is always a tough game for both teams, I believe we are better this year, but they ain't bad. Loved watching them beat the Jets. We can beat these guys....however

Improtant point is wunning tomorrow's game, not planning what we think might happen. One game at a time. We are first in our div, we are heating up, not cooling off. We can win every game and win the SB. We can not win every game and still win the SB.

Here is to an exciting second half.

For BOBOSUM: Go a little lighter on the needle during workout brotha, if you get my drift. Sound a little high strung. Nice picture of your wife though, thanks for that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

CASPORTSFAN:

I am always amazed when a non pats fan come to this sight. You looking for men to date? Your team that weak that you need to come here to knock down one of the top teams in football. You wife that ugly?

Just get a bag, go to bead and get busy with your wife or boyfriend. Aint no dates here for you.

Stick to your own kind, whta ever loser team that is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : You are delusional, completely.  Do you even watch football??? This is such a predictable reaction by SOME in this fanbase after piling it on a winless team.  That win means about as much as Oklahoma rolling up Austin-Peay 76-0, except this is the NFL NOT the NCAA. Pats are still just what they were before the game;  a decent, mid level playoff caliber team.  Try to get a reality check here - You lost to the ONLY TWO GOOD TEAMS YOU PLAYED ON THE ROAD, and scraped by the 3-3 Ravens and 2-4 Bills at home. Now suddenly Pats are in the SB? lol!
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you. The Pats beat the worst team in football on a snowy day that gave up awhile ago. Now they are going to the superbowl? Yeah..ok. They will lose to Indy,New Orleans, and yes the Dolphins. Everyone is talking about the "genius" of Bellechick to stop the wildcat which is running over everybody this year. NE just lost their best remaing RB in Sammy Morris and are suspect on defense. Maroney is soft running in traffic. He needs a 10 foot hole in the line to do anything. NE does not do well against physical teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : I agree with you. The Pats beat the worst team in football on a snowy day that gave up awhile ago. Now they are going to the superbowl? Yeah..ok. They will lose to Indy,New Orleans, and yes the Dolphins. Everyone is talking about the "genius" of Bellechick to stop the wildcat which is running over everybody this year. NE just lost their best remaing RB in Sammy Morris and are suspect on defense. Maroney is soft running in traffic. He needs a 10 foot hole in the line to do anything. NE does not do well against physical teams.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Perfect 72:
    Nice you post your IQ. Your momma must be proud of her little man. Nice to have you come to our site. You team site ban you for drooling or just too many comments about what you like to do alnoe with some of the players.

Hey but please post hear anytime. We love your kind

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spike7377. Show spike7377's posts

I have been saying 12-4 since the first week and I'm sticking to that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : You don't consider the Giants a tough team? 
    Posted by BigDaddyPrimetime[/QUOTE]

Puffdaddy:Yes the Giants are a tough team. Hope that feels better. (Of course they did get beat like they were bought in a store this week)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

By my spreadsheet the Patriots are playing like a 15-1 team (15.2 victories out of 16).  That may be a little high because I have no mercy killing rule.  With 10 games left to play, the best chance is 9-1 and the second best chance is 10-0.  Norleans is rated at 14.4 and Indy is at 13.7 right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from strat0477. Show strat0477's posts

Pats will go 11-5 and make the playoffs. One of the remaining losses will be to Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pfans. Show Pfans's posts

I think Pat can win at least 11-5 to 14-2 and go to playoff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Who are the tough teams?

I'll bet you Andy Reid could answer that question for you . . .

or Rex Ryan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

I could see 10-6 and another day of TV when the playoffs start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

[QUOTE]I could see 10-6 and another day of TV when the playoffs start.
    Posted by coltiniraq[/QUOTE]

The Colts would really have to fall apart to go 10-6 and out of the playoffs, especially considering how sorry their division is.

But I could see that happening also, ColtyBoy. Too bad for the good people on Indianapolis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : You are delusional, completely.  Do you even watch football??? This is such a predictable reaction by SOME in this fanbase after piling it on a winless team.  That win means about as much as Oklahoma rolling up Austin-Peay 76-0, except this is the NFL NOT the NCAA. Pats are still just what they were before the game;  a decent, mid level playoff caliber team.  Try to get a reality check here - You lost to the ONLY TWO GOOD TEAMS YOU PLAYED ON THE ROAD, and scraped by the 3-3 Ravens and 2-4 Bills at home. Now suddenly Pats are in the SB? lol!
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

Are you on drugs? If Tom Brady had played like Tom Brady we would be 6-0 right now. America will see the real Patriots come week 10 and 12. After all, we lost twice on the road against two teams who only beat us by 3, and 7. Can you imagine what Brady can do against a team who only scores 15.2 points a game? That's how many points our defense is giving up, btw. Beating the Titans doesn't mean squat to me, the way Brady looked out there was what made me feel like dancing. He looked... Vintage!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : Don't tell Underdogg that, he seems to think that the Colts have a tough schedule.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Can you point out exactly where I said I thought that?  If not, will you please retract your statement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, didnt expect to receive an FU or other abuse, was only posting my opinion. To say I have no faithin this team is wrong. Didnt we beat the Giants and then loose to them in the super bowl ! Now my reasoning... Indianapolis - we dont have a particularly good record there. They are a passing team and that is our weakness. New Orleans- Its in the dome. They just hjumiliated the Giants and again their offence is electric. Houston - Are an excellent team at home. I did say we may win won of the three losses and this is the one I think could go our way, but this is a very good team.
    Posted by TheRedcoat[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Brady have a ridiculous winning percentage in Domes?   He's never lost or only lost once in a dome. 

Just throwing that out there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]N.O. and Indy have NOT played tough teams this year [/QUOTE]

The Giants aren't a tough team???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : The Giants aren't a tough team???
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

All heed the wise words of the wiley ol' sage from Havana, Cuban Pete.

The Saints also routed the once highly regarded Eagles (until they lost to the Raiders yesterday), on the road.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

13-3, like I predicted early on during pre-season. We will crush the Jets in the re-match, but will lose to one Saints and Colts.Like I've been saying all along, anyone who beats us the reg. season will be crushed in the re-match.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Ok so we have 7 Elite teams.  I guess that means that there are non-elite teams that are good.   

Per your comments, NE will play one more Elite team than Indy by the end of the year (new orleans).  Otherwise, its a pretty even schedule between the colts and pats.  Did you know that NE and Indy have 8 common opponents this year (each other's respective division {6}, Denver, Baltimore) and they play each other.  That is 9 of 16 games.  Not dramatically different.  But an easier schedule you never did see, huh? 

You'll note that I did not say here that Indy has faced a tough schedule yet.  I just asked who was tough, and I did it because another poster said neither Indy nor N O had faced a tough schedule.  N O has beaten Philly in Philly, NYJ away, and NYG at home, and they won all of the games handily.  I think that is VERY IMPRESSIVE.  As for Indy, they've not played a tough schedule yet although I thought their wins on the road at Mia and Ari were impressive.  And frankly, I do think they've got a fairly winnable schedule (not undefeated, but winnable).   

Lastly about Manning and the Colts - I think your subjectivity clouds your objectivity.  I've noticed that the common Boston fan generally thinks when ALL of the praise is not directed towards their teams, it is somehow considered a slight.  So any praise Manning receives is a slight on the pats and Brady.  I don't see it that way.  That said, Manning has been effective this season, but that is my opinion.  As to his big game (playoff) record I think prior to 2005 you are generally right he had some very bad games (2 against the pats) as well as some very good games.  Since then, I generally disagree.  He's played well, even in losses. 

Where the colts and officiating are concerned, you again lose your objectivity.  Have the colts benefitted, yep.  Have the pats, yep.  The point is moot.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : Doesn't Brady have a ridiculous winning percentage in Domes?   He's never lost or only lost once in a dome.  Just throwing that out there.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]
    Since 2001 Brady is 3-1 in Indy.  Won in 01, 03, 07.  Lost in 06 playoffs.  Did not play last year.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]  The point is mute.  
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Now . . .

if we could only find some way to "moot" underdogg.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction: 11-5 : Perfect 72: Nice you post your IQ. Your momma must be proud of her little man. Nice to have you come to our site. You team site ban you for drooling or just too many comments about what you like to do alnoe with some of the players. Hey but please post hear anytime. We love your kind
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]
    Nice..you should try going back to school soon. A 9th grade education will do you well in life...especially when your sweeping up my kids garbage in some middle school somewhere. I'm sure your mother's very proud of you...In your case..Who says an education is overrated?

Sections
Shortcuts