Prediction Machine...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Prediction Machine...

According to this, Pats will win the 4th most games this year, behind Seattle, San Fran and Denver.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing it along...

http://predictionmachine.com/Season-Projections

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Prediction Machine...

They should.. after all Pats have a divison they should be 6-0 in right from the start.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well, the collective record of the AFC East is 6-2, and both of the losses were to the Pats. I'm guessing 4-0 against all other divisions is the best in the NFL so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Their prediction machine is extrapolating from the first two games of the season.  That's not a good system for predicting the Patriots' year.

Bill Belichick's teams regularly have mediocre performances in September and solid performances in December.  This is because BB has a perpetual youth movement.  In January the competition gets far stiffer, but more often than not the Pats win games in January too. 

This year the team looks all wound up for a powerful rebound.  Let's assume that Danny Amendola comes back, Gronk comes back and Vereen comes back.  Pete Prisco noted that the lot of Bill Belichick's rookie receivers are fundamentally sound receivers, quick, able to avoid jamming at the line, able to get open, except they're out making stupid rookie mistakes.  In a couple of weeks (and this week they had ten days of practice) they won't make half as many rookie mistakes, and they'll all continue to get better through December.  That's half of Brady's receiving corps -- KT, Boyce, Dobson.  Rookie Suds isn't on the field yet but he's close. 

I have the same problem with my all-numeric predictions.  Past performance does not guarantee future results, so look at the fundamentals. 

The Prediction Machine gives a 43% chance that the Patriots will win the AFC East championship.  The Fish have a 38.8% chance, the Jets have a 12.2% chance and the Buffaloes have a 5.5% chance.  Do you believe this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Well, the collective record of the AFC East is 6-2, and both of the losses were to the Pats. I'm guessing 4-0 against all other divisions is the best in the NFL so far.

THE AFC EASY HAS BEEN AWFUL FOREVER

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

SAME AS NFC EAST! ONLY REASON NYG COULD WIN TO TWO SB WAS THAT IT IS SUCH A CR*PPY DIVISION

Redskins have been nothing for at least a decade, Iggles have been nothing since they lost the SB, Cowboys is the annually hyped team that always fails to deliver. They haven't done anything in the Romo era.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

They should.. after all Pats have a divison they should be 6-0 in right from the start.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

there's usually one division loss? Maybe two this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

SAME AS NFC EAST! ONLY REASON NYG COULD WIN TO TWO SB WAS THAT IT IS SUCH A CR*PPY DIVISION

Redskins have been nothing for at least a decade, Iggles have been nothing since they lost the SB, Cowboys is the annually hyped team that always fails to deliver. They haven't done anything in the Romo era.

NFC East is a glamour division. A lot less substance than style for the last decade at least. This year they have been dominated by the great AFC West.

Sections
Shortcuts