Prediction Time: First Draft Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Prediction Time: First Draft Pick

Alright, the draft is a little bit under 10 days away so it's the perfect to try an predict the Pats first draft pick. I had a dream a few months ago that the Pats would draft BYU OLB Kyle Van Noy. It is a bit of an outside pick many won't expect but it's also not far fetched. Let's see who gets it right this year. Remember it's the first player drafted by the Patriots, not the first move, i.e. trade. The winner gets ultimate bragging rights.

*Disclaimer: I also had a dream last year that the Celtics would draft Victor Oladipo. Needless to say I was no where close there.*

Picks:

APpats22: OLB Kyle Van Noy

Pats-Fan-2007: DE Stephen Tuitt

Laz: DT Dominique Easley

xxcodyfxx: DE Dee Ford

Paul_K: WR Jeff Janis

ghostofjri37: OL Weston Richburg

PatsEng: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

joepatsfan111111: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

MB: DE Stephen Tuitt

TexasPat: DE Stephen Tuitt

crazy-world-of-troy-brown: DE Stephen Tuitt

Salcon: DT Louis Nix lll

ATJ: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

Wazzu: TE Troy Niklas

Mossad: DE Kony Ealy

Mel: OLB Ryan Shazier

KyleCleric1: RB Carlos Hyde

nightrider495: SS Deone Bucannon

mthurl: DE Stephen Tuitt

natesubs: OLB Ryan Shazier and/or ATH Leon Sandcastle

mcboyd22: OL Joel Bitonio

pcmIV: OL Xavier Su'a-Filo

rtuinila: Undecided

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Prediction Time: First Draft Pick

No matter what it is, it will be wrong. I mean we are talking BB here!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Stephon Tuitt, DE

No brainer, methinks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Trade down into Rd #2, and select:  DT Dominique Easley, RB Jeremy Hill, and WR Jarvis Landry.  Whether Belichick has to trade up after getting a very early Rd 2, and using a 3rd or 4th he gets in the process- And thus garnering 2 early Rd 2 selections, by maybe packaging up his non-comp 4th + the 3rd and/or 4th he garnered, that'd be fine.  In otherwords, I'd be happy IF Belichick traded his Rd 1 and garnered 1 of the 1st 5 picks in Rd 2 + 1 of the 1st 5 picks in Rd 4 (easily doable).  Then BB can jump back on up WITH that early 4th + probably his own 3rd, back In To 1 more 1st 5 or so picks of Rd 2.  He could garner Landry using his own final Rd 2 Selection.  So at the end of the day, NE could acquire:  Dominique Easley, Jeremy Hill, Jarvis Landry, and still have 2 4ths (his own + the comp pick), 2 6ths, + 1 7th (NE already doesn't have a 5th).  IF Belichick wanted, He could use his own 4th and that 6th for a late 3rd Rder, and still have 1 4th, 1 6th, and 1 7th...OR BB could trade his own 4th for a conditional 3rd rder next year, or trade a 4th and 6th for a conditional 2nd rder next year.  Lots of options this way, and however it might fall, NE's draft machine would like like:

Dominique Easley + Jeremy Hill + Jarvis Landry with either...

2 4th Rd prospects + 2 6th Rd prospects + 1 7th Rd prospect

or:

1 3rd Rd Prospect + 1 4th Rd prospect + 1 6th Rd prospect + 1 7th Rd prospect

or:

1 4th Rd prospect + 2 6th Rd prospects + 1 7th Rd prospect + 1 conditional 3rd Rder in '15

or:

1 4th Rd prospect + 1 6th Rd prospect + 1 7th Rd prospect + 1 conditional 2nd Rder in '15 

...I don't think ANY-one would be unhappy with garnering Easley, Hill, and Landry, And still having All those options in the end.  To me, that'd be an ideal and easily executeable scenario for a crazy good Pats Draft Day and Class. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Dee Ford

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade down into Rd #2, and select:  DT Dominique Easley, RB Jeremy Hill, and WR Jarvis Landry.  Whether Belichick has to trade up after getting a very early Rd 2, and using a 3rd or 4th he gets in the process- And thus garnering 2 early Rd 2 selections, by maybe packaging up his non-comp 4th + the 3rd and/or 4th he garnered, that'd be fine.  In otherwords, I'd be happy IF Belichick traded his Rd 1 and garnered 1 of the 1st 5 picks in Rd 2 + 1 of the 1st 5 picks in Rd 4 (easily doable).  Then BB can jump back on up WITH that early 4th + probably his own 3rd, back In To 1 more 1st 5 or so picks of Rd 2.  He could garner Landry using his own final Rd 2 Selection.  So at the end of the day, NE could acquire:  Dominique Easley, Jeremy Hill, Jarvis Landry, and still have 2 4ths (his own + the comp pick), 2 6ths, + 1 7th (NE already doesn't have a 5th).  IF Belichick wanted, He could use his own 4th and that 6th for a late 3rd Rder, and still have 1 4th, 1 6th, and 1 7th...OR BB could trade his own 4th for a conditional 3rd rder next year, or trade a 4th and 6th for a conditional 2nd rder next year.  Lots of options this way, and however it might fall, NE's draft machine would like like:

Dominique Easley + Jeremy Hill + Jarvis Landry with either...

2 4th Rd prospects + 2 6th Rd prospects + 1 7th Rd prospect

or:

1 3rd Rd Prospect + 1 4th Rd prospect + 1 6th Rd prospect + 1 7th Rd prospect

or:

1 4th Rd prospect + 2 6th Rd prospects + 1 7th Rd prospect + 1 conditional 3rd Rder in '15

or:

1 4th Rd prospect + 1 6th Rd prospect + 1 7th Rd prospect + 1 conditional 2nd Rder in '15 

...I don't think ANY-one would be unhappy with garnering Easley, Hill, and Landry, And still having All those options in the end.  To me, that'd be an ideal and easily executeable scenario for a crazy good Pats Draft Day and Class. 

[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but I like different guys I think Tuitt is going to fall, my other 2 are Telvin Smith,gives us speed at LB-SS and WR Donte Moncrief. But, what the heck do I know.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

X

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Halfway through the second round, Jeff Janis from Saginaw Valley State.

Who?  Where?  Why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Halfway through the second round, Jeff Janis from Saginaw Valley State.

Who?  Where?  Why?

[/QUOTE]

LOL.... Janis will be available in the 6th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They will trade out of 29 and end up with multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd.

1st pick in the mid 2nd round will be Weston Richburg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB's going to shock us all and trade up for Ra'Shede Hageman. Much like he did with Solder BB draft's for potential and rare size. It's not everyday you find someone with that athletic ability waiting to be tapped with Watt upside. The way BB praises Watt not sure how he can turn that down.

But if he trades back Tuitt seems like the logical choice just because he fills multiple positions of need and has tremendous versatility. A poor mans Seymour.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ra'Shede Hageman best guess. If Pryor, nix , or Ealy, Shazier fell I would like to see them but Hageman is safest out of all 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The most logical pick would be Tuitt or Ealy or Nix.

The sleeper pick would be Attaochu or Lawrence.

The unexpected pick would be Fuller or Roby or Verrett.

The pick that would excite me the most would be Shazier or Cooks or Benjamin.

The boring pick would be Su'a-Filo or Bitonio.

The pick that would turn Patriots Nation into Jonestown would be Savage.

The "he's not coming here because he's been mocked to NE too often" pick would be Hageman.

The homerun pick would be Pryor.

If forced to choose one name, I think it's Tuitt... he just hits too many criteria with his great size, length and versatility and at a position of need from a program where BB has connections.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ra'Shede Hageman best guess. If Pryor, nix , or Ealy, Shazier fell I would like to see them but Hageman is safest out of all 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I can see the thought process if Hageman is the guy... size, length and a ton of upside, but I would not call him a safe pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alright, the draft is a little bit under 10 days away so it's the perfect to try an predict the Pats first draft pick. I had a dream a few months ago that the Pats would draft BYU OLB Kyle Van Noy. It is a bit of an outside pick many won't expect but it's also not far fetched. Let's see who gets it right this year. Remember it's the first player drafted by the Patriots, not the first move, i.e. trade. The winner gets ultimate bragging rights.

If the Pats stay at #29, I like to see a defensive front 7 guy taken. I like DT Tuitt. But, odds are better than 50/50 that BB will trade down. So, who can say? 

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I can see the thought process if Hageman is the guy... size, length and a ton of upside, but I would not call him a safe pick.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agree, I wouldn't call him a safe pick in the least. But, I see him as a Solder type of high upside with unique measurables. If they feel he can learn and they can coach him no doubt they would take him, but since we don't know if they feel that way he's either a sure pick or a he's not on our board pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agree, I wouldn't call him a safe pick in the least. But, I see him as a Solder type of high upside with unique measurables. If they feel he can learn and they can coach him no doubt they would take him, but since we don't know if they feel that way he's either a sure pick or a he's not on our board pick.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Solder comparison and have made the same one.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'll try to keep the picks tracked in the 1st post. A lot of love for Tuitt this year.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Tuitt for me sorry. Just was thinking about possible other picks we can get in 2nd round, if we Trade back. I really think Tuitt falls into 2nd round, because of injury issues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm going with Louis Nix but I feel they will trade down most likely.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tuitt for me sorry. Just was thinking about possible other picks we can get in 2nd round, if we Trade back. I really think Tuitt falls into 2nd round, because of injury issues.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If the Pats can't get Hagerman they will trade down and get Tuitt who should fall to the second round.  I don't have a problem with either Nix, Hagerman or Tuitt.  They need need another big guy on the DL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Pats trade 29 for 2nd and 3rd; pick up Hageman who. astonishingly, remains undrafted until early 2nd.  (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats trade 29 for 2nd and 3rd; pick up Hageman who. astonishingly, remains undrafted until early 2nd.  (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?"

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Or kidnap GM's families to make sure he falls. Not saying you should, just saying ATJ it's better than dreaming  >.>

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Troy Niklas.  In a perfect world they trade back and get him mid 2nd, but I don't think BB will be afraid to take him at 29 if he can't find a decent deal, which I doubt he will.