Prediction Time: First Draft Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Re: Prediction Time: First Draft Pick

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st Rd. DE Kony Ealy

2nd Rd. TE Austin Serafin-Jenkins

3rd Rd. DT Dominique Easley

4th Rd. RB Jerick Mckinnon

[/QUOTE]

If this played out, I might throw a party. I don't think it will, but seriously what a haul that would be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st Rd. DE Kony Ealy

2nd Rd. TE Austin Serafin-Jenkins

3rd Rd. DT Dominique Easley

4th Rd. RB Jerick Mckinnon

[/QUOTE]

If this played out, I might throw a party. I don't think it will, but seriously what a haul that would be.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see Easley being available at the end of Rd 3, but the other (3) picks are very realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Su'a-Filo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

My issue is going to be my blatant infatuation with Austin Serefian-Jenkins. I love this guy. Checkered past, but that really hasn't stopped BB lately. If you can play and are willing to not only leave that past behind, but put the work in and be a team player there will always be a spot for you on the Patriots (as well as any team in the NFL). I have this weird feeling out of all the TE's drafted (and yeah it's not a great class),  ASJ is going to end up #1 on the list. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

LEON SANDCASTLE!

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Su'a-Filo

[/QUOTE]

I think this guy is very likely to be our first pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

LEON SANDCASTLE!

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

[/QUOTE]

Trade next year's #1 for LEON SANDCASTLE!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I expect BB to trade out of #29 (it must be in his DNA).   Then it remains to see how far he trades back.  That would play a factor in who is available when they are ready to make their first pick.

I think their board will come down to Tuitt or DaQuan Jones.   BB will probably like that Jones played under a protege, but in the end the decision will be to draft Tuitt.

Last year I (correctly) picked OLB for the Pats first pick.   I wanted them to take Ogletree, but they traded back and took Collins.   I'm happy with Collins, but I still would have rather taken Ogletree.  The Pats still have a need for an OLB for the 3-4 defense, but I don't think a likely starter will be available when they draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Teddy bridgewater

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Teddy bridgewater

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

BB would stun us with a Bridgewater pick but he has done stunning things repeatedly. I get that Bridgewater could be the ultimate value pick but with so many other needs I don't see it happening especially while TB is competent and healthy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Pats stun everyone and sign Jimmy Graham to a 6 year $66 million dollar deal. Give up this years and next years firsts, but win 3 straight Super Bowls...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats stun everyone and sign Jimmy Graham to a 6 year $66 million dollar deal. Give up this years and next years firsts, but win 3 straight Super Bowls...

If u predict this correctly u should buy a powerball ticket. Lol. Ya never know right.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ra'Shede Hageman is the safe bet on this pick, seems like many mocks have him coming to the Pats at 29 but I'm going to say..................

Pick # 29, the New England Patriots select TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tuitt is the safe pick if we stay at 29

I want to see something like this:

Trade #29 to Oakland for #36, their 3rd (#67) and a 7th (#219)

Select an edge rusher, one of Ealy, Lawrence or Ford will be there.

Trade their 2015 1st rd pick and the extra 6th (from Philly) to get into the middle of the 2nd (like 48-54) and take the last remaining TE out of Amaro, ASF or Niklas knowing he will be gone by 62.

#62 - Richburg or Martin to be our future C

#67 - DaQuan Jones NT - learn under Vince

#93 - Brock Vereen S - Brothers UNITE!

#130 - linebacker depth - Jordan Tripp, Smallwood, Skhov, Christian Jones, Preston Brown one will be here

Trade into the early 5th rd with a 2015 3rd rd pick and our 7th rd pick, take RB Andre Williams of BC to replace Blount, poor hands/doesn't make you miss but can hit and be a 230lb short yardage back

#198 - CB Kendall James from Maine

#219 - Michael Sam, his transition would be helped if the team drafted teammate Early, but Kraft has his back

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Pats 1st pick will be in the 2nd round. BB trades down.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Stephen Tuitt, Donte Moncrief, Jarvis Landry, Chris Borland, Telvin Smith, Dominique Easley, Jeremy Hill, Rashede Hageman, Austin Serafin Jenkins, and Spencer Long...either Isaiah Crowell/Hageman-honorary mentions  10 1/2 choices...I'd be shocked & happy IF Belichick happened to select 2 of them.  Spreading the shots wide and early on hoping for just a couple....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tuitt is the safe pick if we stay at 29

I want to see something like this:

Trade #29 to Oakland for #36, their 3rd (#67) and a 7th (#219)

Select an edge rusher, one of Ealy, Lawrence or Ford will be there.

Trade their 2015 1st rd pick and the extra 6th (from Philly) to get into the middle of the 2nd (like 48-54) and take the last remaining TE out of Amaro, ASF or Niklas knowing he will be gone by 62.

#62 - Richburg or Martin to be our future C

#67 - DaQuan Jones NT - learn under Vince

#93 - Brock Vereen S - Brothers UNITE!

#130 - linebacker depth - Jordan Tripp, Smallwood, Skhov, Christian Jones, Preston Brown one will be here

Trade into the early 5th rd with a 2015 3rd rd pick and our 7th rd pick, take RB Andre Williams of BC to replace Blount, poor hands/doesn't make you miss but can hit and be a 230lb short yardage back

#198 - CB Kendall James from Maine

#219 - Michael Sam, his transition would be helped if the team drafted teammate Early, but Kraft has his back

[/QUOTE]

bringing it like usual rame,

and you got the positions i have of need and some of the players i have picked that i think could fill them

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I have NE taking Tuitt in my final mock, but woke up this AM with a feeling that Marqise Lee would be the guy... I just think the value could be to great, providing BB with that ability to buy low on a Top 10 type talent and potential impact/big play #1 WR... something that you seldom see at the end of Rd 1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alright, the draft is a little bit under 10 days away so it's the perfect to try an predict the Pats first draft pick. I had a dream a few months ago that the Pats would draft BYU OLB Kyle Van Noy. It is a bit of an outside pick many won't expect but it's also not far fetched. Let's see who gets it right this year. Remember it's the first player drafted by the Patriots, not the first move, i.e. trade. The winner gets ultimate bragging rights.

*Disclaimer: I also had a dream last year that the Celtics would draft Victor Oladipo. Needless to say I was no where close there.*

Picks:

APpats22: OLB Kyle Van Noy

Pats-Fan-2007: DE Stephen Tuitt

Laz: DT Dominique Easley

xxcodyfxx: DE Dee Ford

Paul_K: WR Jeff Janis

ghostofjri37: OL Weston Richburg

PatsEng: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

joepatsfan111111: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

MB: DE Stephen Tuitt

TexasPat: DE Stephen Tuitt

crazy-world-of-troy-brown: DE Stephen Tuitt

Salcon: DT Louis Nix lll

ATJ: DT Ra'Shede Hageman

Wazzu: TE Troy Niklas

Mossad: DE Kony Ealy

Mel: OLB Ryan Shazier

KyleCleric1: RB Carlos Hyde

nightrider495: SS Deone Bucannon

mthurl: DE Stephen Tuitt

natesubs: OLB Ryan Shazier and/or ATH Leon Sandcastle

mcboyd22: OL Joel Bitonio

pcmIV: OL Xavier Su'a-Filo

rtuinila: Undecided

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

[/QUOTE]

I love that someone started a thread knocking Laz, a BDC institution, good pick Laz.  

I'm also a fan of the LSU runningback, BB likes SEC runners, even though he prefers team captains.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Laz. Buy that lottery ticket. Bravo sir. Bravo

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?