Prediction:Darrelle Revis will be a Patriot!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Prediction:Darrelle Revis will be a Patriot!

Don't think BB would be willing to pay the freight for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think the Jets made a trade clause that he cannot be re-traded to the AFC East at least for this season.  

Either way Cap hit too large for BB.

But I hope you're right!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Ugh!

You cannot imagine how over bearing he is as a personality

He is a team of one

I don't know if he is still Revis Island

Way too much money

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

I don't think the Patriots would want him, I know I wouldn't. To be honest, I'd rather have a Sherman(without his trash talking) or a Patrick Peterson, since they're both almost as good as Revis and younger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Yes, you heard it here first!  The Patriots will make a trade with the Bucs for Revis before the deadline.   The Bucs are 0-3 and heading to 0-4 shortly.  Revis is costing the Bucs too much for a team on the rebuild.  Schiano and BB have a very close relationship and with Dennard legal issues it only makes sense to get some insurance.  Pats also have plenty of cap space to work with.

Just like Talib eh?  I would say that is a very likley scenario. Maybe if BB hadnt just beat em.  That would be sweet but the problem is as much as Revis competes, he is already used to being on a losing team. He will continue to collect a fat check, do his job and not care about the record. Trading is one thing, paying is another and no way this guy is taking any less money, as he still sees himself as the best and he may be right,.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

I don't think the Patriots would want him, I know I wouldn't. To be honest, I'd rather have a Sherman(without his trash talking) or a Patrick Peterson, since they're both almost as good as Revis and younger.

Peterson over Sherman, but at the end of the day, each will pull a Revis and want 15-20 million per year, which will never work for any legit SB contending team.

Seattle best win a SB and then deal Sherman, because they're screwed if they do give him a Revis deal.

They need to sign another WR this off season when tate leaves, extend Wilson eventually who will command top QB money, and then try to keep their front 7 together....  They will stay competitive, but they will lose some talent a long the way.  Pete has done a solid job with his GM drafting and bringing in talent, but can they continue that while this team grows.  

Great team they have up there.  Best all around team in the league with a great fan base to compliment that creates a great home field advantage.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Pats also have plenty of cap space to work with.

You realize that Revis' cap hit is 16 million every year of his contract.  He would have to take a pay cut to come here.  Not happening.  Of course the fact that the Bucs just gave up a top 10 pick for him makes it literally impossible.  This thread is a fail.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Yes, you heard it here first!  The Patriots will make a trade with the Bucs for Revis before the deadline.   The Bucs are 0-3 and heading to 0-4 shortly.  Revis is costing the Bucs too much for a team on the rebuild.  Schiano and BB have a very close relationship and with Dennard legal issues it only makes sense to get some insurance.  Pats also have plenty of cap space to work with.

Just like Talib eh?  I would say that is a very likley scenario. Maybe if BB hadnt just beat em.  That would be sweet but the problem is as much as Revis competes, he is already used to being on a losing team. He will continue to collect a fat check, do his job and not care about the record. Trading is one thing, paying is another and no way this guy is taking any less money, as he still sees himself as the best and he may be right,.

Talib himself said Revis is in a class of his own probably knowning Sherman ain't far behind.  Hopefully they come to an extrension before seasons end.  Talib is fitting in with NE... teams know he wasn't perfect outside of this team.  He'll get paid but he won't hit doublt digits on a yearly basis.  Hopefully Pats at least offer around 8... he has made a difference.  Can cover with above average skills consistantly, and has a nose for the ball...  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Peterson over Sherman, but at the end of the day, each will pull a Revis and want 15-20 million per year, which will never work for any legit SB contending team.

Seattle best win a SB and then deal Sherman, because they're screwed if they do give him a Revis deal.

They need to sign another WR this off season when tate leaves, extend Wilson eventually who will command top QB money, and then try to keep their front 7 together....  They will stay competitive, but they will lose some talent a long the way.  Pete has done a solid job with his GM drafting and bringing in talent, but can they continue that while this team grows.  

Great team they have up there.  Best all around team in the league with a great fan base to compliment that creates a great home field advantage.  

Carroll is not the GM, though. I don't know why people think he is.  I am sure he has some say, but John Schneider is the GM there.

Disagree on the fanbase. The stadium design is why it's so loud, not the weak market in Seattle.   They lost their NBA team, their baseball fans are awful, too.

Could not disagree more on that one.

That's why I said he has done a great job WITH his GM.  I am sure he has some say.  No doubt.  

Stadium design or not, they sure as heck make our fans sound like mice. 

Got to give this franchise credit as they stand today...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Carroll is not the GM, though. I don't know why people think he is.  I am sure he has some say, but John Schneider is the GM there.

Disagree on the fanbase. The stadium design is why it's so loud, not the weak market in Seattle.   They lost their NBA team, their baseball fans are awful, too.

Could not disagree more on that one.

That's why I said he has done a great job WITH his GM.  I am sure he has some say.  No doubt.  

Stadium design or not, they sure as heck make our fans sound like mice. 

Got to give this franchise credit as they stand today...

My bad, I thought you meant it as "GM drafting".  

Our fans are spoiled.  I am jealous of their stadium design, yes. Genius. It's an English League Soccer Stadium.    

No one will ever call Seattle a sports town, though.  I think they responded well to the new stadium right downtown and the team has been improving the last few years.

Hey, good for them. I wish we had that stadium design here and better fans. I was mortified again yesterday in the first half in particlar. The mopey, older fans sitting down i the lower rows with their arms folded are a joke.  RKrap is probably one of them. lmao

NP bro, It's fans like us who come here everyday that deserve to get those seats!  I hear ya.... Kraft needs to fill in that gap to retain crowd noise.  Or Kraft could be like Irsay and just put extra crowd noise in over the PA! LOL.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No one comes here making more than Brady so that's # 1. In the NFL it's rob Peter to pay Paul so you over spend for one you must take from another. The Patriots have just put on a 10 year clinic on how you manage the team CAP so you can be in the hunt every year. Tampa gave up good picks for a guy who is killing their CAP and the team is 0-3 anyway.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is no guaranteed money in the contract for Revis, so the he will certainly agree to a new contract when he comes to NE.

Why would he take a pay cut?  The Bucs have no leverage.  His money this year and next year is essentially guaranteed (even though it technically isn't) because they would be foolish to cut him so soon after parting with a top 10 pick.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Seattle has one big advantage in the salary cap = they pay their qb nothing - butanything oer 10m for a db is too much - and then even that

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Revis and Talib would be a pretty sick combination.  I still think BB is also feeling the effects of Talib getting injured against the Ravens last season, a big part of what sent the Patriots home early.

Revis was complaining about the style of defense the defensive backs play in the Tampa Bay defensive scheme which is a lot of zone. Revis likes shutting down receivers playing man to man defense which the Jets play a lot of. Which means he would most likely not like the Patriots defense as well because they do their share of zone coverage also.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Revis wants to play for the Patriots--he loves Brady--a chance to kick the Jets in the mouth--bet he 'd restructure--and keep his mouth shut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Only way this can happen is if Revis has a moment where he wants a championship over money and ready to compromise. I do not know enough about cap money and contracts but if it even could happen this season the Patriots would have to essentially trade Mallet and Dennard  or a very high draft pick AND Revis would have to restructure so the hit goes over 4 years.

Now..is this even legal under the rules...doubt it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts