Prediction:Darrelle Revis will be a Patriot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Prediction:Darrelle Revis will be a Patriot!

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

[QUOTE]

Only way this can happen is if Revis has a moment where he wants a championship over money and ready to compromise. I do not know enough about cap money and contracts but if it even could happen this season the Patriots would have to essentially trade Mallet and Dennard  or a very high draft pick AND Revis would have to restructure so the hit goes over 4 years.

Now..is this even legal under the rules...doubt it.

What is all this talk about players coming to play for the patsies "for a championship"?  It's like you are living in some alternative universe where the patsies have actually won the superbowl since 2004. 

[/QUOTE]

They are in the mix this past decade more than any other team and that is a fact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They would rather he get cut first to avoid the cap, he's a very expensive player. A damn good one, but still very expensive.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Two things. Too much money. Too much ego. If there is a 3rd its that Revis is a arguably, currently the 4th best CB in his conference (after Tilllman, Peterson and Sherman). And it is true that all those players will want big contracts at some point. I doubt Revis is willing to restructure downward.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Two things. Too much money. Too much ego. If there is a 3rd its that Revis is a arguably, currently the 4th best CB in his conference (after Tilllman, Peterson and Sherman). And it is true that all those players will want big contracts at some point. I doubt Revis is willing to restructure downward.

I don't think BB minds an ego as long as they "do their jobs". Ty Law had an ego, BB worked with him and he was essential to the Patriots beating the Colts and winning those SBs by taking Harrison away.

It's no surprise that BB couldn't handle Peyton after Ty left. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think the Patriots would want him, I know I wouldn't. To be honest, I'd rather have a Sherman(without his trash talking) or a Patrick Peterson, since they're both almost as good as Revis and younger.

Peterson over Sherman, but at the end of the day, each will pull a Revis and want 15-20 million per year, which will never work for any legit SB contending team.

Seattle best win a SB and then deal Sherman, because they're screwed if they do give him a Revis deal.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And I agree...revis too costly for any type of trade. All we have to do is resign Talib.

Sections
Shortcuts