Predictions around the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Predictions around the league

NO vs. SF- I'm going with the Saints. That offense is too dominant and I think they'll dial up enough blitzes to make Alex Smith uncomfortable and force turnovers. First game playoff jitters will show with Smith as I think NOs goes into San Fran and gets the victory. NO 31-23

Den vs. NE- No way do I see another one and done. For one of the first times in a long time, the Pats are basically all healthy (I think the whole Chung rumor is nothing but that, a rumor). Tom Brady will lead this team to a 38-24 win.

NYG vs. GB- To be 100% honest, I see the G-men pulling the upset. They've hit a streak and remind me a lot of the 2007 team. They get pressure off a 4-man rush and will abuse Aaron to the point he becomes uncomfortable. We'll see how the cold weather affects both teams. I predict a Giants 38-34 victory.

Hou vs. Bal- Two teams that are very very similar. Will it come down to who has a better day at running back? Ray Rice is fantastic but Arian Foster is a game changer. It will all come down to which defense can contain the other running back and which young quarterback makes the fewer mistakes. As bad as I think Joe Flacco is, I think the birds pull this one out in a 20-13 victory.

That leaves the AFC's two top dogs winning and the two underdogs in the NFC advancing to the championship round.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: Predictions around the league

In Response to Predictions around the league:
    NO vs. SF- I'm going with the Saints. That offense is too dominant and I think they'll dial up enough blitzes to make Alex Smith uncomfortable and force turnovers. First game playoff jitters will show with Smith as I think NOs goes into San Fran and gets the victory. NO 31-23 Den vs. NE- No way do I see another one and done. For one of the first times in a long time, the Pats are basically all healthy (I think the whole Chung rumor is nothing but that, a rumor). Tom Brady will lead this team to a 38-24 win. NYG vs. GB- To be 100% honest, I see the G-men pulling the upset. They've hit a streak and remind me a lot of the 2007 team. They get pressure off a 4-man rush and will abuse Aaron to the point he becomes uncomfortable. We'll see how the cold weather affects both teams. I predict a Giants 38-34 victory. Hou vs. Bal- Two teams that are very very similar. Will it come down to who has a better day at running back? Ray Rice is fantastic but Arian Foster is a game changer. It will all come down to which defense can contain the other running back and which young quarterback makes the fewer mistakes. As bad as I think Joe Flacco is, I think the birds pull this one out in a 20-13 victory. That leaves the AFC's two top dogs winning and the two underdogs in the NFC advancing to the championship round. Your thoughts?
    Posted by IrishMob7

I agree with your predictions except I think you have The Patriots points total a little low. (Now how can two Irish be wrong,just can't, simple as that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You are a wise man, IF. I just realized I made a prediction of last game's score. I guess I gotta spice it up a little more. How about a 41-23 win by the Pats? I'll take it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Of the four home teams in this round of the playoffs, only the 49'ers aren't favored and only because of the Saints O.  IMHO, that game will be the closest only because the Saints play so differently outside the dome and the 49'ers have a D that can create problems.  The Saints do not have that nice fast track and I see this as the upset in the playoffs this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That is close to the way I picked it as well. San Fran and Gints winning out, Pats win, but I have Houston upsetting Baltimore at home. Houston comes to Foxborough next weekend, and has to play in 12 inches of snow. Not a good thing for a dome team. Pats move on to SB and play in a rematch with the Gints. This time it's different. Our short passing game coupled with the run tame the Gints pass rush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I think everyone has started to take the Packers for granted now. I think the Packers win this. The Packers did beat the Giants in New york. If Rodgers plays against the Lions in week 17 he most likely would have broken Brady's single season TD record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I hope your right--- I would love that scenerio!!!In Response to Re: Predictions around the league:
    That is close to the way I picked it as well. San Fran and Gints winning out, Pats win, but I have Houston upsetting Baltimore at home. Houston comes to Foxborough next weekend, and has to play in 12 inches of snow. Not a good thing for a dome team. Pats move on to SB and play in a rematch with the Gints. This time it's different. Our short passing game coupled with the run tame the Gints pass rush.
    Posted by PatsLifer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

NO vs. SF- I'm going with the Saints here.  Saints can score TDs, while the 49ers kick field goals.  Even if the 49er defense contains them, the difference is four TDs and one FG versus 1TD and 3FG... 31-19 Saints.

Den vs. NE- I'll say NE takes this one 38-29...i think Denver will move the ball enough and score a few times (our red zone defense has been breaking quite a bit more than usual towards the end of the season), but the good guys take the game.  Brady keeps things moving well enough...watch for Ridley to break out!

NYG vs. GB- I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Packers.  Brees and the Saints get all the pub for the offense, Giants get all the pub for their recent and reminiscent turnaround...and everyone keeps ignoring GB.  I think GB has heard enough about the Giants defense and Rodgers will put the pedal down all the way, all game long.  GB defense is capable of shutting a team down too...just been awhile since we've seen it. GB wins 42-31.

Hou vs. Bal- This will be a tough game to call.  I could make a case either way...but Baltimore plays to the level of their competition.  I think this helps them and they get it done...24-17.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

All four home teams win.  In the end it will be the AFC #1 (Pats) against the NFC #2 (SF).

Pats: 41-17
    Bal:   24-23
    SF:    24-20
    GB:   34-20

Most likely upset:  Hous over Balt.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

NO, Pats, Ravens, GB (in a struggle)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions around the league:
    All four home teams win.  In the end it will be the AFC #1 (Pats) against the NFC #2 (SF). Pats: 41-17 Bal:   24-23 SF:    24-20 GB:   34-20 Most likely upset:  Hous over Balt.
    Posted by sheldong

Hey Shell!

I'm with you except for the Buzzards...I think the Texans will win.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

NE 24-16 cold will keep down score SF 27-24 sf forces turnovers slowed pace of game GB 33-27 home field advantage HOU 17-16 similar type teams/ grind it out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'm kinda surprised more people aren't making a big deal out of the first NY/GB meeting. 

I know it doesn't really work like this, but Jennings's catch in that game was indeed a TD; refs blew the call.  Even the media picked up on this story, if only briefly.  NY should have won that game by 4 points.

Even down the stretch, NY had GB on the ropes.  Rodgers pulled off a great drive to cap it, but a FG shouldn't have won that game based on the miscall on Jennings.

NY is the only team this season to push the Packers to the brink like that.  Even given that this game is in GB, I think the Giants win this game and I don't even think it should be considered a major upset.   NY by a FG.

Sections
Shortcuts