Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden

Because ESPN is always right

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden:
    [QUOTE]On ESPN tonight  Jon Gruden predicted 10 wins for the Pats.  Ron Jaworski predicted less than 10.  Both predicted more than 10 wins for the Jets because of "all their talent".
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

That and 10 cents get you a cup of what?  I guess they, too, do not believe in the pre-season play of either team.  A Jets team that is 1 - 2 in the pre-season looked better than the 2 - 1 Pats because of "talent"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Last year SI said Pats over Bears in the Super Bowl.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

We will be what our record says we will be! Division Champs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gruden is an idiot, but he's only attracted to the Jets because of flash. Jaworski is just mad because Belichick handed him his @$$ on a daily basis when he was in Philly. The clown said we've switched too much people on the OL (The only new addition to the line is Connolly) then he said Brady doesn't have a target because he'll struggle trying to find his two rookie TEs -_-...

WHAT HAPPENED TO CRUMPLER, MOSS, WELKER, EDELMAN? 

and Jaworski is the king of idiots. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Geezis! How do I get a job on ESP(izzle)N? All you have to do is to be opinionated, arrogant (Gruden) and not know sh!7 from shinola,(or Polish from polish, Jaworski) Hell, I need a job right now and this sounds perfect for my levels of talent and intelligence. See you on Sports Center.

*And before anyone starts crying racial or ethnic discrimination, I'm half Polish so don't even go there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden:
    [QUOTE]Geezis! How do I get a job on ESP(izzle)N? All you have to do is to be opinionated, arrogant (Gruden) and not know sh!7 from shinola,(or Polish from polish, Jaworski) Hell, I need a job right now and this sounds perfect for my levels of talent and intelligence. See you on Sports Center. *And before anyone starts crying racial or ethnic discrimination, I'm half Polish so don't even go there.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

I knew this one hot blonde Polish chick once that I wanted to make babies with, but blew my shot and never got a chance to touch a golden lock on her head. This isn't relevant to anything, just wanted to talk about my experience with Poles. 

Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Czech women = 10s!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Can't wait for Bob Ryan, Wilbon and that other OTL NY jerk to teach me more!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : I knew this one hot blonde Polish chick once that I wanted to make babies with, but blew my shot and never got a chance to touch a golden lock on her head. This isn't relevant to anything, just wanted to talk about my experience with Poles.  Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Czech women = 10s!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    If you still feel that way I would like to suggest , if you can find it, a film called "The Star Crossed Romance of Josephine Cosnowski." Written by Jean Shepherd, the  guy who wrote "A Christmas Story." It's about the same kid (Ralphie) who a few years later becomes infatuated with and begins to date his Polish neighbor. If you like Christmas Story, I think you'd enjoy this one as well and it might just change your mind. That is if it's not already too late. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden:
    [QUOTE]On ESPN tonight  Jon Gruden predicted 10 wins for the Pats.  Ron Jaworski predicted less than 10.  Both predicted more than 10 wins for the Jets because of "all their talent".
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Sorry Chucky, talent only gets you and you so far...read it and weep...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Woodson on NFL Live said the Patriots are the contender in the AFC that "has the most work to do." "I don't know how Welker will hold up all year" and "I don't know what Brady's mentality will be all year with the contact looming."

Antonio Pierce, however, picked the Jets as that team saying that right now, Sanchez looks more like a liability than an asset.

Interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I actually think that Gruden's 10 wins is pretty good for an outsider.  I'm sure he's more infatuated with other teams.  Jaworski has never been a fan of the Patriots.  If he sees a demise on the horizon you can bet the Pats will be one of the first teams he mentions. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats seem to do better when they are seen as underdogs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

phil sims basically had it the same way...they are just covering their *sses..

they will be saying i told you so at some point...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason I am betting you guys weren't p o'd when the pats were picked last year to be world beaters. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Who did that? Last year the darlings of ESPN were the Chargers and Cowboys

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

first of all, these "experts" are offering opinions. since when, out side of rusty griswold's mind, aren't people allowed to have opinions?
    second of all, seems they are pretty much on target in breaking down the Pats. aren't they correct in stating the weakness and strength of this team? I earlier had predicted 7-9 wins, Gruden and Jaws predict 9-10 wins. Vegas says over/under is 9.5 wins. 
    Seemingly every one agrees on where the Pats have short comings and strengths. the point of contention is how many wins and losses do they translate to? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

9-10 wins seems about right. Pats D still needs to get better while I'm not completely sold on Welker's knee getting back to pre injury strength. We probably won't see 100+ catch Welker of old till next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Why bother to play out the season?  I mean Chucky and Jaws do all the thinking for us and all the playing for the Pats.

Of course, it's opinion and everyone is entitled to one. However, in order for an opinion to have credibility it needs to be based on some measure of objective fact.  My question, then, is how does one give any credence to the rationale of 'too many changes in the O line' or the claim that Brady will 'struggle to find' receivers?   Jaws has been proven wrong by BB's Pats before and Chucky is an out-of-work NFL head coach.  'nuff said.

My 2 cents.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]Why bother to play out the season?  I mean Chucky and Jaws do all the thinking for us and all the playing for the Pats. Of course, it's opinion and everyone is entitled to one. However, in order for an opinion to have credibility it needs to be based on some measure of objective fact.  My question, then, is how does one give any credence to the rationale of 'too many changes in the O line' or the claim that Brady will 'struggle to find' receivers?   Jaws has been proven wrong by BB's Pats before and Chucky is an out-of-work NFL head coach.  'nuff said. My 2 cents.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    ATJ - I just posted many examples of people and sites that put the pats in the SB last year.  BB proved them wrong there too.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and those that work in professional football have a knowledge base that lends credence to their opinion. 

Whether they are right or wrong remains to be seen.  So many things can change, not just with the pats themselves but also with the teams they play. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - what is your prediction for the pats this year? 

What will their reg season record be? 
    Will they win their division?
    Will they make the playoffs?
    How far do you expect them to go in the playoffs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I predict that Gruden will misspronunce the names of players six times in each MNF broadcast. An example might be referring to Taylor Mays as Willie Mays.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I predict that on Monday nite football- game 6 -JAWS will punch Gruden in the mouth, breaking his jaw and shutting him up for the rest of the NFL 2010 football season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]I predict that Gruden will misspronunce the names of players six times in each MNF broadcast. An example might be referring to Taylor Mays as Willie Mays.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    As long as they don't mess up Todd Light... oh wait

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I predict I'll continue to not listen to these two bozo's on MNF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - so they both said 10-6 too, since you are giving yourself a 2 game prediction cushion which could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.  So you are really not disagreeing with them. 

Why then would you say you think they haven't seen the "current" team if you are generally in agreement with them?