Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden

I said it Yesterday..... 10 wins   they just don't have the starters or depth to make a serious run... espically on the O and D Lines where the games are won

if most defensive starters are questions then the backups areeven more borderline ... 

Not one Bona-fide pro bowler on the Defense cept maybe Wilfolk  and without Seamour and Ty not Bust gerald Warren next to him he will be less effictive as he gets double teamed

The O will put up points but the D will give up More

The Glory Days are over until there are more play makers on D

10 wins maybe playoffs one and done like last year  this is the Pats now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - as for your possibly one and done.  With a 2 seed, they get the bye and only need one win to get to the AFCCG, so your point is well taken.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : I said 12-4, no worse than 10-6. Losses will be @ Miami,@ SD, GB at home and maybe Minnesota at home. Switch off a game or two like @ NYJ or another in here, and it's somewhere in the 10-6/11-5 pocket, but I think this team steals one they are supposed to lose. @ Detroit will be very tough. Make no mistake, that team is on the rise and it's always tough to play them on Thanksgiving. I think the one people expect them to lose will be home against Balt off the Bye, @ NYJ or @ SD. All tough games here, but without question, winnable. Cincy remains a very tough opener, but if they can come out and start hot, that gives them some confidence.   I put most of the pressure on the offense to show it can be balanced and play more methodically. If this happens, the D's early flaws can be hidden, just like the Indy and Saints offenses have hidden some flaws on those Ds as high octane offensive teams. There isn't one team on their schedule that is head and shoulders above NE.  Playing both GB and Minny at home is a help, as well.  If these were on the road, I'd concede these as losses. NE has improved on offense and STs and has a younger D that should benefit more so this year as compared to the dismal offensive flow on the 2009 team. If they do well enough to achieve 12-4, that's probably a 2 seed. I can see them possibly getting to an AFC Title game if they stay healthy. If not, they'll probably be a one and done.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

The D will be Terrible this year bottom of the NFL in Most catorgories 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Saints defense wasn't all that great last year 20th in Points allowed a 25th in total yards and they made out pretty good last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]The Saints defense wasn't all that great last year 20th in Points allowed a 25th in total yards and they made out pretty good last season.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Playmakers on that D Sharper, Porter Vilma,  good push from the Line With Smith and the other lineman

Close to the top of the leauge in Turn Overs more chances for the O

look at the plays they made in Bretts last throw and Picked Manning off in the SB to seal the win

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

DBCoach,

Do you really watch the Pats or do you just read about them? The reason I ask is because Wilfork gets double teamed almost every play no matter who is next to him. That is his job in the 3-4 that BB runs. That is his reason for being. That being the case I don't think he will be less effective because he gets double teamed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]DBCoach, Do you really watch the Pats or do you just read about them? The reason I ask is because Wilfork gets double teamed almost every play no matter who is next to him. That is his job in the 3-4 that BB runs. That is his reason for being. That being the case I don't think he will be less effective because he gets double teamed.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

I watch realistically ....  you could'nt double team him when seamour was there and Ty was healthy...  he has been less effictive and will continue to be unless another D lineman steps up big time

Regardless its a team game and all players affect each other so One man really does not matter  this is a 10 win team by the talent.... 

11-5 with cassel no playoff
    10-6 with brady back one and done in the PO's
    another 10wins one and done if they get in

this is the Pats right now...  they have had poor drafting and it is now starting to show

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]Russ - so they both said 10-6 too, since you are giving yourself a 2 game prediction cushion which could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.  So you are really not disagreeing with them.  Why then would you say you think they haven't seen the "current" team if you are generally in agreement with them?
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

I would say Gruden and Jaworski were saying 10 wins at best...  Russ is saying 10 at worst.  How do you not see a difference?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden:
    [QUOTE]On ESPN tonight  Jon Gruden predicted 10 wins for the Pats.  Ron Jaworski predicted less than 10.  Both predicted more than 10 wins for the Jets because of "all their talent".
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Both their credibility has been lost......the Jests got worse but they will be better?  How does that happen, just because they have old names?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonhoop74. Show jonhoop74's posts

Check out this story

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5449439/madden-nfl-11-season-simulation?readmore=fullstory

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : ATJ - I just posted many examples of people and sites that put the pats in the SB last year.  BB proved them wrong there too.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and those that work in professional football have a knowledge base that lends credence to their opinion.  Whether they are right or wrong remains to be seen.  So many things can change, not just with the pats themselves but also with the teams they play. 

My only issue with the above is that I cited two very specific examples where Jaws and Chucky made rather generalized statements that were without basis in fact.  Apart from Connolly, where are all the 'changes' in the O-line?  In what way will the Pats receiver corps make Brady struggle? 

Of course the analysts have some measure of expertise.  No one said they didn't.  I was speaking specifically to Jaworski and Gruden in this case.  I do try very hard not to generalize from the particular.  It is a hazardous and self-defeating path on which to walk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In the end, someone eats crow!  Just on this site, we see opinions all up and down regarding the Pats this season.  After the Saints game, lots of hope and double digit win predictions which has steadily gone down since. 

The X-factor - how the team actually plays this season.  We see both positives and negatives on paper.  I recall going into 2009, lot's of hope about the D and for all intents and purposes, the younger players did not play with that intensity we had hoped.  Remember how we all felt there was no D leader like we had in the past in Bruschi and Harrison which fired up the D?  I still do not see that fired up D player on that side of the line which is being shown by Brady on the O side.  Hopefully, BB is fired up and will light every players pants on fire and get them motivated to play 60 minutes and avoid the let downs we saw late in games last year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

payment - I see the difference.  I also see the similarity.  How do you not see the similarity?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : My only issue with the above is that I cited two very specific examples where Jaws and Chucky made rather generalized statements that were without basis in fact.  Apart from Connolly, where are all the 'changes' in the O-line?  In what way will the Pats receiver corps make Brady struggle?  Of course the analysts have some measure of expertise.  No one said they didn't.  I was speaking specifically to Jaworski and Gruden in this case.  I do try very hard not to generalize from the particular.  It is a hazardous and self-defeating path on which to walk.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    Well given that the spot was only about 2 minutes to cover the entire division, its understandable that they spoke in generalities.  What did they say that wasn't factual? 

Regarding the changes in oline, I believe that currently neither Mankins nor Kaczur nor their TE (that's 50% of last year's starting line) are with the Pats.  Sounds like quite a bit of change to me. 

As for the receivers - The TE's are all new and their isn't a guarantee of effectiveness from Welker right away.  That puts Moss as the only long term starting Pat vet at the receiver corps, right?  They may be wrong about Brady struggling, but aren't they right about the receivers? 

And don't a former NFL QB and HC have a little more knowledge about the game than we do?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : The best thing about this forum is your post, by far.  Not because they are intelligent or insightful in any way or have any real football facts, but because they are hilarious.  Case in point... Adding two very good receivers doesn't improve the corps of receivers (if the QB hasn't improved)  So, you think QBs live in some kind of vacuum where more receiving options don't make them better?  I guess by that logic, a better offensive line doesn't make a running game better either. A great late round pick of a fullback is the highlight of the draft?  Perhaps you missed Kyle Wilson, a true man corner who has started all preseason and seems to be pretty darn good (as you know the Jets D has picked up right where it left off last year) He is clearly better than the zone corner McCourty that, it seems, can't play zone D (did you see the 1-15 Rams last place offense light him up?)  You are worried about the Jets backup running back getting hurt, even though he's missed 3 games in 9 years while feeling real good about three 35 year old backs that actually have missed a lot of time every year, plus a young Mauroney who can't stay on the field.   And you are ready to call McNight a bust before camp ends while claiming Mauroney (a true bust out of the first round with years of proof)will double his career high in yardage this year?   Yes, Jason Taylor has shown throughout his career that he is not a good player, he can't play the pass, he can't play the run, he can't rush the QB... how in the world has he stuck around so long?   Seems you were a much bigger fan of his before he went to the Jets.   Who had a higher percentage of drops last year, Edwards or Moss?  That's right, genius, Randy Moss.   Thanks for the laughs.  
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

The irony here of course is that when the pats bring in vets they are brilliant well considered choices by the oracle of all things football, but any other team that brings in a vet is acquiring a has been.  Carrottop's the best. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions By Jaworski and Gruden : Well given that the spot was only about 2 minutes to cover the entire division, its understandable that they spoke in generalities.  What did they say that wasn't factual?  Regarding the changes in oline, I believe that currently neither Mankins nor Kaczur nor their TE (that's 50% of last year's starting line) are with the Pats.  Sounds like quite a bit of change to me.  As for the receivers - The TE's are all new and their isn't a guarantee of effectiveness from Welker right away.  That puts Moss as the only long term starting Pat vet at the receiver corps, right?  They may be wrong about Brady struggling, but aren't they right about the receivers?  And don't a former NFL QB and HC have a little more knowledge about the game than we do?

Well let's see: 

I try to be reasonable and open-minded about these things but no matter how hard I try I have difficulty calling the tight end part of the O-line.  Yes, his blocking on running plays is important but I think he's really a receiver.  And try as I might I can't call Vollmer starting at right tackle a 'change'.  If memory serves he played quite a bit at both tackle positions last year.

The jury will be out on Welker for a game or two, true enough.  And now, which is it - you're justifying the O line changes by using the tight end and then you turn around and say that tight end changes are changes in receivers as well.  Which is it?

Of course Gruden and Jawarski are knowledgeable; I acknowledged that in an earlier post.  Doesn't mean that the basis for their opinions will always hold up. And in this case, and I was referring to this specific case, the don't.

Come now, I mean really.  You are reaching to support those opinions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

ATJ -

If you don't want to consider the TE a part of the line, so be it.  We will call it a 40% change in starters AND the fact that Vollmer may have to start in a place other than where most had him (LT). 

Whether you like it or not, on running plays, the TE plays a critical blocking role just like the rest of the line, and all of your TE's are new, right?  So where the line is concerned, whoever mentioned the changes on the line, is he really wrong?  Doesn't seem like it to me. 

Regarding the receivers, you acknowledged the short term issue with Welker.  You don't need to acknowledge the new faces at TE.  That's a fact.  Other than Moss, what is left is a rather inexperienced group.  So whoever mentioned the receiver issue, is he really wrong? 

You think I am reaching.  I think your fandom is clouding your judgement.

I wasn't going to put the TE on the line, but given so many people here like to talk about the "blocking" TE and given the fact that he is normally attached and not split, I included him.  Its fine, we'll call it 40%.  Everyone is giving Vollmer credit, but most believed he would be taking Light's place, didn't they?  If so, and now he's not, then that suggests the team may be short somewhere, and isn't Kaczur gone?  Doesn't Neal deal with frequent injuries? 

Now those TE's - aren't they technically both a part of the line and receivers?  So really wouldn't they be considered new to both groups?  Isn't that a unique thing about them?  Feel free to educate me, but I really think they apply to both. 

And aren't all of your TE's new to the Pats and Brady?  

No one said that their opinions would hold up.  They are predictions that could be blown to smithereens or rock solid, but that doesn't mean that they

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

However knowledgeable Gruden may be, he still sounds like a "Used Car" salesman to me... five cars down on his quota with three days left in the quarter...

Sorry, just a personal observation.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts