Patriots 31
    Browns   3

Mangyna and his brownies go down hard!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Predictions for Pats vs Browns this sunday

Patriots 27 Browns 13

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Is it me, or is a Pats -4 spread a little low?

I get they beat NOs, had a BYE, etc, but you get 3 being at home, so this is more like a true 7, I guess.

Colt McCoy against a zone BB D?  Hello?  McCoy hasn't faced zone much in college and NOs doesn't play zone much at all.

Pats will stack the box and make McCoy throw.

Pats need a clean Special Teams effort here. Big time. 

27-10, NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Any of you guys see that Adam Schefter, for at least the 4th week in a row, is picking against the Pats?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions for Pats vs Browns this sunday:
    [QUOTE]Is it me, or is a Pats -4 spread a little low? I get they beat NOs, had a BYE, etc, but you get 3 being at home, so this is more like a true 7, I guess. Colt McCoy against a zone BB D?  Hello?  McCoy hasn't faced zone much in college and NOs doesn't play zone much at all. Pats will stack the box and make McCoy throw. Pats need a clean Special Teams effort here. Big time.  27-10, NE.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    True. I think the biggest threat that the Browns pose to any team is on special teams. Josh Cribbs is one of the best in the NFL at returning kicks, and if the Pats want to make sure the Browns don't put up points on the board in a hurry or win the field position battle, they're going to have to make sure that Cribbs is a non-factor.

Even if Cribbs doesn't take a kick to the endzone, if he's ripping off big returns all day, McCoy is going to have a short field to work with, and if he gets that early on, his confidence could grow throughout the day; he'll be harder and harder to defend with each passing drive. He was an efficient QB in college, and he showed that he can lead an NFL team to victory against good competition. BUt we must remember that he's also a rookie, so he's also prone to the occasional slip-up. Basically, the longer the distance McCoy has to travel to the endzone, the more time he will be exposed to the Pats D, and there will be a greater chance of him throwing a pick or losing control of the passing game. Pin McCoy deep, and it should be a long day for him - I don't think he's reached the point where he can consistently lead 80+ yard drives for scores.

Sound play on special teams is MUST for the Pats in this game. Hopefully, Gostowski continues his recent trend of forcing touchbacks instead of returns.

When all is said and done, I like the Pats 34-23. I'm being liberal with the amount of points the Browns might score, because I think McCoy might perform better than expected. Hopefully, that doesn't change the outcome; the most important thing in this game is to get the win and to make sure everyone's healthy for the upcoming games against Pitt and Indy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Any of you guys see that Adam Schefter, for at least the 4th week in a row, is picking against the Pats?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

I think he's still a little p!ssed off about Kraft making him look like a fool. He reported during a game that Mankins was close to returning but refused last minute when Kraft told him to publicly apologize to help the organization save face for future organizations. Kraft came on WEEI the next day and said it was complete and senseless bullsh!t. Haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Any of you guys see that Adam Schefter, for at least the 4th week in a row, is picking against the Pats?"

"Shefty" - what a clown. ESPN annointed him this insider and he's such an irresponsible, rumor chasing hack. He makes Albert Breer and Chris Gasper look like geniuses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with Committee on this one. Special teams is key in this game. Gostkowski has to boot it through the uprights every time and not let Cribbs return the ball. agree also we need to crowd the box and make McCoy beat us with throws. 

The Browns defense is not so bad...I don't know if we will score 24 in this game, unless some of those come off of special teams or defense. If its all organic, I'm thinking the Pats offense puts up 20, with the Browns at 17. I think its going to be closer than most realize, but I hope I am wrong...meaning, i hope the Pats score at will as this will be what the offense needs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]" Any of you guys see that Adam Schefter, for at least the 4th week in a row, is picking against the Pats?" "Shefty" - what a clown. ESPN annointed him this insider and he's such an irresponsible, rumor chasing hack. He makes Albert Breer and Chris Gasper look like geniuses.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I read it as him trying to play catch up against his ESPN heads.

A lot of times, you'll see them pick the underdog, even a big underdog, to try to gain in their little competition.

IMO, Schefter is professional and has locked down tight sources everywhere.

I would not put him in the league of Mortensen, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Schefter isn't in the Mike Ditka  (Patriot Hater) club yet but he apparently thinks he knows something....

Pats by 7.....

If I were looking for an upset bet this w/e I'd be taking Detroit and the four points over the Jets....The point being is that Detroit offense can score points
    and the Jet's QB led offense isn't exactly sparkling...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from curleyrgl. Show curleyrgl's posts

[QUOTE]Any of you guys see that Adam Schefter, for at least the 4th week in a row, is picking against the Pats?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Actually he picked the Pats over the Viks and the Pats over the Ravens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patriots 31 - 13

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots 31 - 13
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

well Tcal, lol! your 10 points more generous than I am. I have a funny feeling that our special teams are gonna show up big this sunday. plus, they don't even have their starting QB right? I think that TB is gonna is gonna be using all his weapons on the dogpound.

31-3!!!!! the good guys!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

I don't think the Patriots will blow them out by any means.  If they do, I"ll be here front and center eating crow.  This game will be yet another close game mark my words.  The Patriots defense still has yet shown me they can dominate a game and keep opponents from driving down the field.  Offense hasn't shown enough consistency to prove to any of us they will put up a bunch of points. 

24-17 Patriots win. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

(Clubber Lane voice)  Prediction?  Pain!

Patriots 45
    Bowns 17

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Schefter isn't in the Mike Ditka  (Patriot Hater) club yet but he apparently thinks he knows something.... Pats by 7..... If I were looking for an upset bet this w/e I'd be taking Detroit and the four points over the Jets....The point being is that Detroit offense can score points and the Jet's QB led offense isn't exactly sparkling...
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]
    mike ditka patriot hater? 46-10. why would he be? he totally embarrassed them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

don't care about points but i say the pats win and jest lose in detriot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

the thing that scares me about the browns is even tho they are 2-5, they are coming off a bye, a big win, and every team they have played this season has at least 5 wins except the bengals.  that being said, i see the pats getting some special teams contributions and we should have no problem with mccoy.  pats by 10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions for Pats vs Browns this sunday : well Tcal, lol! your 10 points more generous than I am. I have a funny feeling that our special teams are gonna show up big this sunday. plus, they don't even have their starting QB right? I think that TB is gonna is gonna be using all his weapons on the dogpound. 31-3!!!!! the good guys!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hammah, I was thinking our D bends for 6 first 1/2 points and one late 4th Qtr. garbage TD.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Adam S. seems to be at the forefront of a lot of breaking stories, which is what reporting is all about.  It's not life-and-death news, so if he blows a story once in a while, I don't think Walter Cronkite will roll over.

Since when does Ditka hate the Pats? He was just about the only guy to pick them to win SB36, fairly early in the play-offs.

I have been way off on my predictions this year, but 31-10 Pats. The Browns just don't match up well to the Pats.  The Pats haven't had a romp yet.  They usually have at least two each season.  This seems like their best bet for one.

And yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion the Jets will lose to the Lions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Bill's 1st mission, stop the run...make them 1 dimentional with a rookie QB vs Bills schemes(I like that)...
    As many have said here earlier, special teams will play a MASSIVE role in this game...Browns have nothing to lose by opening things up & trick plays all day...Bill has to keep the special teams focused & disaplined & ready for anything!!!
    Brady needs to get the ball deep early to open up the middle of the field...Tate & Hernandez split wide with Welker & Edelman in the slots will destroy the weak secondary....Pats need to throw a new look at the Browns to catch them off guard...build the lead & run it late to hold it...Pats 34-24 with 14 of those points coming in garbage time or a trick play durring garbage time...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

[QUOTE](Clubber Lane voice)  Prediction?  Pain! Patriots 45 Bowns 17
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Clubber Lane voice? Thats some funny sh!t!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Patriots 27
    Browns 0

Its been a while since we've seen a shut out, but a shut out on the road would be a statement. Watch for Mangini throwing a lot of trick plays at us in a hope of confusing our young defenders.(and because thats really all they have) It won't work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Cle has a pretty sound D and can run the ball.  I think it's close something like 27 - 17 Pats, with a late FG to ice it.

Sections
Shortcuts