Predictions for the rest of the year- what do you think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Predictions for the rest of the year- what do you think?

Here are my views of the rest of the season we have 9 games left:

1. Rams in Londen (a close W as we still have a lot of injuries)

2. Bills at Home (W)

3. Colts at Home (W)

4. Jets in NJ (W and statement game)

5. Dolphins at Miami (will lose one of Miami Game so I choose this one - L)

6. Texans at Home (W but close)

7. 49ers at Home (L)

8. At Jaguars (W)

9. Dolphins at Home (W due to loss at Miami earlier)

So I can see us going 7-2 the rest of the way or I can see us going 5-4 depending on texans and jets games, but using my brain I see it differently... Which to follow... my heart or my head?????

At 11-5 they will need to play 3 games to get to superbowl. 1 or 2 on the road. A difficult path, but they have the ability to do it, do they have the passion and fire to make it happen?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Predictions for the rest of the year- what do you think?

I have the Pats as favorites in every single game for the rest of the season.  In particular, when Houston visits Foxboro and freezes on a Monday night, I have New England by 3.4 points.  Being the favorite doesn't always mean that they win, but it doesn't hurt. 

San Francisco at New England is currently a 7.2 point spread.  San Francisco has a fierce home field advantage, but on the flip side they're not the greatest road team, especially not with a 3000 mile flight east (the worst direction!).  Also, S.F. may need to defeat their division rival Seattle the week after New England, which could detract from their New England performance.  New England can have wind and sleet in December.  The spread already includes a deduction for New England's short week.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see New England's extremely young team mature a bit as the season progresses.  Most rookies are talented but dumb as nails.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

2. Bills at Home (W)

3. Colts at Home (W)

7. 49ers at Home (L)

8. At Jaguars (W)

So I can see us going 7-2 the rest of the way or I can see us going 5-4 depending on texans and jets games, but using my brain I see it differently... Which to follow... my heart or my head?????

At 11-5 they will need to play 3 games to get to superbowl. 1 or 2 on the road. A difficult path, but they have the ability to do it, do they have the passion and fire to make it happen?

Whatever you're smoking, hand some over!

If you based their future wins and losses on the last 7 games: The Pats will lose to the Rams, the jets in New York probably to Miami twice , to Houston and then to San Fran

So say they split with Miami that's 5 more losses 8-8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have the Pats as favorites in every single game for the rest of the season.  In particular, when Houston visits Foxboro and freezes on a Monday night, I have New England by 3.4 points.  Being the favorite doesn't always mean that they win, but it doesn't hurt. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see New England's extremely young team mature a bit as the season progresses.  Most rookies are talented but dumb as nails

Wha t are you guys Smoking?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Clearly 13-3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i predict they will win the rest of their games and win their super bowl! one can dream, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

2. Bills at Home (W)

3. Colts at Home (W)

7. 49ers at Home (L)

8. At Jaguars (W)

If you based their future wins and losses on the last 7 games: The Pats will lose to the Rams, the jets in New York probably to Miami twice , to Houston and then to San Fran

It would be stupid to base the future of the season just on wins and losses of the last 7 games I doubt that is what they are doing.

I am going with Bilbo and PaulK's estimate. Why?:

1. BB teams win 83% of their game 2nd half of season to 69% first half.

2. The weakest part of the lineup is the youngest and there are new players getting time and shuffling around. Lots of improvement possible....The secondary just needs to become average and by year end they will be.

3. The offense has more tools than ever, Brady needs time to get chemistry and know what each one will do in certain circumstances. If you don;t think that is a factor than explain why Deion Branch still plays 25 snaps a game.

4. Last years team was 5-3 at one point...they did OK.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What are you guys Smoking?

Patriots since 2000 are 33-15 in November & 43-7 in December.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

If they get their act together and a lot has to change, they go 11-5. If they don't we are looking at a 9-7, maybe 8-8 team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I can easily see 3 more losses but no more then 4 (possibly the 4th against 49'ers)

Win vs Rams

Loss vs Bills, I didn't like how the Pats came out of their bye week last season

Win vs Colts

Win vs Jets

Loss vs Dolphins

Loss vs Texans (much harder matchup vs Texans then 49'ers)

Win vs 49'ers

Win vs Jags

Win vs Dolphins

My pick  10-6

Worst case 9-7

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

If they get their act together and a lot has to change, they go 11-5. If they don't we are looking at a 9-7, maybe 8-8 team.

Last year, after losing back to back games to the Steelers and Giants, the Patriots were 5-3 and being written off by many. They proceeded to win 10 straight games before bowing to the Giants in the Super Bowl. How soon we forget.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

You're assuming there will be two teams that would have a 12-4 record or better, and that's no longer a sure thing these days.  A 5-1 team like Baltimore got clobbered by Houston another 5-1 team which got creamed by a (then) 2-3 team.   Nothing is guarenteed anymore.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

As of now ther are only 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record and he Pats are one of them. Houston at 6-1 looks like a lock for a 2 game playoff schedule. The Ravens at 5-2 with their win over us gives them an advantage now .. but they are in shambles with injuries, and they have a formidable schedule. Likewise our conference records are equal at 4-1, so the second seed is very reachable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

I have the Pats as favorites in every single game for the rest of the season.

Me too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

It's way to early to worry about playoff seeding right now. The Pats got a bye in 2001 at 11-5. I believe the Pats are the second best team in the AFC (with the 3rd best record in a very weak conference). The Jets played really good yesterday and the Pats played bad but the Pats still won. The Ravens are in big trouble right now. Their defense is decimated and Flacco has never had to carry a bad defense over the finish line like Brees, Brady and Rodgers have. The Pats defense is bad now and their is no evidence it will improve much (it seems to be getting worse every week) but we know the Pats offense can improve. While it may be ranked near the top it is not playing like it right now. If thje Pats offense can find a consistent rhythym in something other than the no huddle, which seems to be the only thing they are really comfortable in right now, than they will be there in the end. Houston is reminding me of the 2006 Chargers right now. Absolutely loaded with a great pressuring defense (same D coord also) that can win with the pass and the run. We all saw what happened to the Chargers that year so Pat fans should just think "get to the playoffs and anything can happen."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I hear you Digger, they do usually play better in the 2nd part of the season and will have to this year . They are making too many mistakes and have been inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Scoring only 6 points in the 4th qtr and giving up 38 these last 3 weeks won't win many games.

I still have hope because off BBs history.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

2. Bills at Home (W)

3. Colts at Home (W)

7. 49ers at Home (L)

8. At Jaguars (W)

i said after the game, i could see us going as low as 8-8 or 9-7.

i hope for much better.

cant beat any qb right now and coaching has stunk.

if any of this is addressed id like to win a sb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i predict they will win the rest of their games and win their super bowl! one can dream, right?

if nothing else we have that :)

Sections
Shortcuts