predictions for Thursdays game ... preseason game 3 (the big one)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

predictions for Thursdays game ... preseason game 3 (the big one)

Predictions are fun so preseason  predictions even better...  What will we see ?   mallett ?  Tebow ? Brady for 3 qtrs? 

How about running backs?  Who will be the star of the game ?  With 4 studs  this one is tricky.

And the defense... . What will BB cook up for the lions in preseason...? 4-3... 3-4 ?  Cover 2?   who will the safeties be to start the game? who will be the linebackers ?  who gets the first sack ... Who shines in the secondary...?

overall ... Defensive struggle? Or offense exploding everywhere...  Of course feel free to elaborate on any player or scheme you expect to see.

A little bit of a test here to see who really has the pulse of this team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: predictions for Thursdays game ... preseason game 3 (the big one)

Same prediction as last week, that neither side wants to win the preseason game, but both sides have to look like they want to win a preseason game.  Worse, the entire press corps without exception has to go along with the gag.  Madcap.  Zany.    

Running backs have to hold the football out away from their body with one hand while being tackled.  Offensive lines have to let somebody loose so that their QB looks good throwing the ball away to a linebacker, or the pick-6 toss is always popular.  Throwing far behind the receiver is a good practice, or the receiver can simply let the football bounce off his tailbone.  On the defensive side, the go-to receiver needs to be single-covered and the cornerback needs a little gum on his shoe so that he trails the receiver by 3 steps.  Always give way to the offensive linemen who want to open a hole in the line.  Finally, always, always commit a defensive penalty on fourth down.  At the end of the day the coach must praise the other team with a straight face.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Same prediction as last week, that neither side wants to win the preseason game, but both sides have to look like they want to win a preseason game.  Worse, the entire press corps without exception has to go along with the gag.  Madcap.  Zany.    

Running backs have to hold the football out away from their body with one hand while being tackled.  Offensive lines have to let somebody loose so that their QB looks good throwing the ball away to a linebacker, or the pick-6 toss is always popular.  Throwing far behind the receiver is a good practice, or the receiver can simply let the football bounce off his tailbone.  On the defensive side, the go-to receiver needs to be single-covered and the cornerback needs a little gum on his shoe so that he trails the receiver by 3 steps.  Always give way to the offensive linemen who want to open a hole in the line.  Finally, always, always commit a defensive penalty on fourth down.  At the end of the day the coach must praise the other team with a straight face.

Now having Tebow on the team makes perfect sense if that's the goal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Your cynicism is slightly zany, have to agree there.

One theory that may surface is the showcasing of mallett until he does something really good and then boom... Pull him out of the game for tebow.  This way he avoids looking bad while his stock ( and confidence) continue to rise.  tebow time admittedly is just filler at this point but he is staying in game shape for when his future role on this team is revealed later in the season.

As for running backs I predict a lot of bolden.  Receivers ...  Edelman , Boyce and sudfeld will shine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Brady for 3 quarters...Suh gets two sacks in the 1st qtr...3 overall in the 1st for the lions...Brady goes for around 50% completion rate running for his life and diving several times.....we gain @ 60 yards rushing in the 1st 3 qtrs...we lose 28-13

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think we see improvemnt in the following areas as I heard this is what they worked on in practice;

-kick off and punt return coverage

-better defensive backfield communication with less confusion 

-eliminate penalties

-cleaner snap, hold on FG's

-if TB has a good few series would not suprise me to see Mallett mid 2nd qtr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

-I would also add that I like the Lions CB's quite a bit (the Lions must also, as they gave both big $$$)..I am axious to see the Pats WR's against supposed quality CB's...see if they can get off the line, get seperation, and get YAC's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm afraid their going to play Brady till one or 2 series after the half. It wouldn't surprise me to see BB stick mallet in the game in the middle of a series or on 3rd and long. I'd just assume we sit Brady. Let him carve the giants.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sounds like we cooked up a "set back" for Amendola as doesn't need anymore time to acclimate. I expect to get a good look at Dobby,Boyce, Thompkins, but particularly Edelman in the slot with Brady throwing the ball. On D I want to see sound tackling and RPRT.

"Defense Wins Championships"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I hope it's not a replay of the preseason matchup the Pats had with the Lions in 2011.  Brady was getting smacked around all day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Games on turf. Tebow will get strong playing time to see if he sticks around another week. If he plays like last week he's released tomorrow. Tonights his last shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I don't see BB doing too much on D again. He'll have them do some other things, but nothing exotic here in preseason. Just enough to get some of it on film to see how each looks in whatever roles in what schemes.

But, I expect the basic 4-3 cover 2 again with some man 4-3 mixed in. Maybe a little 3-4.

Most starters will play through the half and into the 3rd as per usual.

Who are your starters on defense?  nink,Jones,Kelly, Vince, spikes,mayo, Hightower or Collins?,

talib,dennard  .  Does MCC play? who are the safeties? 

Who starts on offense?   I think the guys Brady and BB want for week 1 are who will be out there as a preview for the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-I would also add that I like the Lions CB's quite a bit (the Lions must also, as they gave both big $$$)..I am axious to see the Pats WR's against supposed quality CB's...see if they can get off the line, get seperation, and get YAC's

[/QUOTE

That CB play will be an interesting game within the game...  I posted about that concerning pats vulnerability vs strong CBs in conjunction with a strong pass rush. 

We'll see if the approach is to run the ball at them or try to outmuscle the CBs with bigger receivers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I predict that somehow, someone will relate the outcome of the game to the two recent SB losses by the Patriots and blame Brady - LOL Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL @ the Lions hanging banners for making it to the playoffs!!

Embedded image permalink

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Embedded image permalink

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

I bet they won a heck of a lot fewer games than the actual times they made it into the playoffs...a whole boatload of one and dones....whoopdedamdo!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

14 teams,

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

14 teams,

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

You have teams that hang banners for Super Bowl wins, heck even Division championship wins but making it to the playoffs????  LMAO!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Per ESPN Boston

The following Patriots were not spotted during warm-ups, a sign that they likely won't suit up for the game.

Wide receiver Kamar Aiken
    Wide receiver Danny Amendola
    Defensive lineman Armond Armstead (on NFI list)
    Offensive lineman Marcus Cannon
    Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham
    Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard
    Cornerback Ras-I Dowling
    Safety Nate Ebner
    Tight end Daniel Fells
    Defensive end Justin Francis
    Tight end Rob Gronkowski (on PUP)
    Wide receiver Mark Harrison (on NFI list)
    Defensive back Brandon Jones

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Does anyone know what Dennard's issue is?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Game time!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Does anyone know what Dennard's issue is?

He keeps having nightmares about Lincoln, Neb.     :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Perhaps I could milk this as proof of my psychic powers.  Nobody wants to believe that these things should have been dead obvious before the game even started.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Perhaps I could milk this as proof of my psychic powers.  Nobody wants to believe that these things should have been dead obvious before the game even started.

lol

Sections
Shortcuts