Predictions of penalty ratio Jets to Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Predictions of penalty ratio Jets to Colts

You know, I can't help but remember all those flags we got on our game winning drive against Baltimore in 2007.  Maybe it would have been better if we had lost that game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Jets 8 Penalties for 127 yds...Colts 3 penalties for 15 yds( No Offensive holding calls although they will be tackling defenders all day) This game is in the bag.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I believe the zebras will win the game for the Colts.

But it won't be a blatant, "throw a flag on every play" kind of fix.

It will be one or two well-timed and well-placed pass interference and personal foul flags amid a flurry of insignificant false starts and illegal contact calls against Green New Jersey.  When the game is over, the stat sheet will show a balanced, fairly-called game.

We, however, will know differently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Why do they call so many fouls in basketball?  man that game is boring.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

That may be Encinitas, but as so many on here like to point out about the Colts - all the calls went our way.  It's not revisionist, I thought the same thing at the time.  We should have lost.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

3:1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Fourth quarter roughing the quarterback call...15 yards, first down, keep winning drive alive in close game...don't need to mention which way this flag will fly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Will Revis shut down Wayne?.. or.. Will that be where two-three PI's are called?

We have all seen Revis cover WR's really well all year long... But we also have all seen the COLTS get PHANTOM PI calls at inopportune moments for their opposition.....  Is this where the call shall come?.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I believe the zebras will win the game for the Colts.
    But it won't be a blatant, "throw a flag on every play" kind of fix.
    It will be one or two well-timed and well-placed pass interference and personal foul flags amid a flurry of insignificant false starts and illegal contact calls against Green New Jersey.  When the game is over, the stat sheet will show a balanced, fairly-called game.
    We, however, will know differently.

I am looking for the call where the refs don't even bother throwing the flag again. That is my favorite. 

Of course, there will be a phantom PI call around the second colts drive of the third quarter. And finally there will again be some call that isn't in the rulebook - my guess is "horse raking".

Are there any odds on the pass that is caught, the receiver takes a few steps, the defender then comes in and tackles the receiver knocking the ball loose and upon review, it was offsides on the defense from three plays before?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Horse raking.

Y'all have to excuse me while I crack up over that for a few days.

ha ha

Horse raking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Officials will placate the Jets by calling for them on minor penalties in the first half.

The important ones will come in the 2nd half, agains the Jets.  Good by me; all it does is expose this issue to a broader audience.  Pats' fans have been labeled as whiners by the Colts for this issue, and the Jets are about to take over that mantle.

Colts get more total calls for more yardage, but Jets get more calls in the first half.

I also don't think this one is about Revis/Wayne:  Jets better have an answer for Dallas Clark or they're in for a loooong day, penalties or not. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Encinitas, 

The Ravens pretty much tackled Ben Watson on the defensive holding call. I suppose it could be said it "went our way", but to bolster your argument, it was an obvious call. It wasn't an iffy call or ticky-tack. It was one of those calls where everyone at home and in the stands saw it during the play and knew there would be a flag.

To me, that game wasn't so much calls going the Pats way. It was really a complete mental breakdown by the Ravens defense that resulted in multiple penalties and a winning TD by the Pats. If I remember, the coverage on Gaffney was blown with the defender trying to get back into the play. Then Scott gets the 2 unsporstmanlike calls. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

i predict there will be at least two no-calls of freeney being held when he otherwise would have sacked sanchez. it happens every game to freeney. tivo and watch, you'll see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

"You know Revis will shut down Wayne. With no running came, the dolts only option is the zebras and the phantom PI calls"

wow, very uninformed. no big deal shutting down wayne. did you know that collie & garcon this year outperformed gonzalez and harrison last year? dallas clark will get his catches. if you add receptions to running yards, addai was one of the more productive backs in the afc this year. know what you're talking about, dude. it can make a difference.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I remember the ref said that Palomalu did not make a "football move" after he caught the ball, but I don't remember this phrase being uttered before in any game. 

I never thought about it before in relation to the refs making up rules, but I think this one might qualify. Anyone know if that phrase had been uttered before or since on a football field?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the ratio just got larger now that the Colts are losing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Worse than I even expected....6 to 1......