Predictions thread 2010...post at your own risk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk

In Response to Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk:
    Regular Season: 1.  undefeated from Thanksgiving forward.       1a. this wins the division outright.       1b. special night when the winning steak includes Green Bay. 2.  give the D credit for being resilient enough to allow the offense and special teams to make prediction #1 happen.       2a.  help will come from a currently unknown source on the D-line Playoffs!: 3.  after losing badly to Cincinnati or Baltimore or both during the regular season, it will be a very special game when the Pats turn the tables in the playoffs. 4.  Patriots over the Cowboys in Dallas at the Super Bowl!  Pats most historic victory to date.
    Posted by lightningbrain

#4 would be monumental! i would not mind it either if it was gb or minn that they beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

9 and 7  The O will become one dimensional when the run fails, the D especially the secondary will be tested hard, also teams will try to run like the Ravens did. Teams with strong secondaries and a good pass rush will give the Pats problems. My hope is that I'm wrong..with addition of the TE position (if they use it) will help greatly. The kids on D will have to grow up fast....I see alot of yards given up hopefully they can be a bend and not break D.  
    Posted by HRK103

THIS IS THE ONLY REAL EYES OPEN PREDICTION. Look, its ok to dream and want to see Brady and Moss make the big zooms and all the points, but people for Gawd sakes get off the HIgh Horse of past Patriot wins and look at this team as a whole.

Yes the offense could be amazing, BUT, without a defense that stops points this better be a team that can put up 50 points a game.
    With that said I am willing to bet MR BRADY knows he will need to score hard and fast to win, Im sur ehe will do everything in his power to get this done.

I hope you are all right and the Patriots kick the living *&#$ outta everyone but its not gonna happen, due to the swiss cheese secondary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Love how "BloodNGutz" lacks the guts to make an actual prediction. 

I'm going 10-6, losing a tiebreak on the division with the Dolphins based on the Dolphins better divisional record. 10-6 enough for the playoffs? This time I think it will be and Pats get into the playoffs as a wildcard. 

However I'm rooting for 12-4! I'd rather be wrong in this case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pats will score a lot of points but also give up a lot of points.  There will be many shoot outs but Brady wins most of them.  We make the play-offs but don't get a bye.  We win our first game then bow out in the Divisional round.
    Posted by Faucetman

Good assessment and I agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Predictions thread...post at your own risk:
    Last Sunday before the games matter. Time to put it out there for future uses to either celebrate or ridicule what we once thought possible or probable. #1: Big year for Randy Moss. I'm talking 1600+, 16+. #2: 11-5 or better, winning the East (Patriots, obviously). #3: Jets 9-7 at best, Sanchez with more INTs than TDs...again. #4: Pats defense will surprise again. Will be some bad weeks with all these young guys, but overall, it will be a solid group. #5: ESPN will take every opportunity to bash the Pats, celebrate the Jests, and blow Brett Favre.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling the Pats D is going to be exposed badly and they go 9-7 at best. Possible wild card. Brady is going to have to have his best year ever for the Pats to be a force. All the eggs are in the offense basket after another disappointing offseason especially with the D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Patriots will have a balance offense for the first time in four years. These three TEs will block and catch.It will be night and day compared to last year when Watson was our TE. Gronkowski will open up the middle of the field taking pressure off of Moss and Welker. Hernandez willl catch passes from multiple positions! Tate and Edelman will alternate at the other WR position. Mankins will eventually be traded. The offense will put up alot of points but it still won't be enough to beat the better teams.

As for the defense I am much less optimistic. This will be a year  Chung, Brace, McCourtey, Spikes and maybe Cunningham become starters. Perhaps they can jell as a unit. One can only hope. It was an ugly preseason as far as defense was concerned. I'm just glad we jettisoned Burgess, Woods and Alexander. They weren't doing much of anything.

So my prediction is 8-8. No playoffs. As Parcels would say "We are what we are"!
    Without a defense we won't get too far this year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

Love how "BloodNGutz" lacks the guts to make an actual prediction.  I'm going 10-6, losing a tiebreak on the division with the Dolphins based on the Dolphins better divisional record. 10-6 enough for the playoffs? This time I think it will be and Pats get into the playoffs as a wildcard.  However I'm rooting for 12-4! I'd rather be wrong in this case.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Simple, Patriots wont have 10 wins this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

12-4.  I think we drop a few early, then solidify.  The offense will be in score at will mode, the defense will start out in Don't screw it up too badly mode and then settle in after the bye week. I think we beat indy,  I HATE to say the Jets beat us once, but history seems to back that up, no matter what they seem to get one off us.  Maybe call another superbowl in week 2?  My heart says we beat them twice, though.  It has become a big deal for us, I think.  I don't have much respect for the Dolphins however.  If Chad P was the QB I would give them a game, but since he isn't, we take both those contests.
    I love our secondary.  They need to get it together, but they are ALL OVER the receivers.  That is something I have been missing.  Hopefully this helps the pass rush, pressure=pick cover=sack.  I like where our defense is going.  Easy to say that its in trouble by the last two games, but remember its BIll B.  He does what he wants, and has his own motivations for things.  The product we see this coming sunday will be the one that counts, and I think the Bengals are a nice starting matchup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk : Simple, Patriots wont have 10 wins this year
    Posted by BloodnGutz

NOTE TO ALL- BLOODNGUTZ ISN'T A PATRIOT FAN, JUST POSES AS ONE
    He just posted in another thread he started exulting in Revis getting signed, and how "they" are going to stommper us.  I knew he was a fake, and I was right.
    So now, Blood here is what I want to say to you-
    Go away.  What, your own teams fans can't stand you either?  You must be like 12 or 13.  Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots were the best team in the NFL last year...

at the half. Their problem was closing out games.

If they become the best team in the second half look out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk : NOTE TO ALL- BLOODNGUTZ ISN'T A PATRIOT FAN, JUST POSES AS ONE He just posted in another thread he started exulting in Revis getting signed, and how "they" are going to stommper us.  I knew he was a fake, and I was right. So now, Blood here is what I want to say to you- Go away.  What, your own teams fans can't stand you either?  You must be like 12 or 13.  Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
    Posted by Davedsone

I appreciate the the rabid defense of the Pats, I just want to caution against turning this away from the intention, and into an argument that spans 3 pages and kills the thread. Everyone's been doing a good job of being civil (even ME!). If he is a Jets fan in disguise, good for him. Hopefully he'll be proven wrong over the course of the season.

Short of that, Keep them coming. It'll be interesting to see how close some people are.

One more prediction:

DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOLTAN! He will turn out to be one of the best punters in football, deftly pinning teams inside the 5 regularly, thereby solving one of the team's most underrated problems from a year ago; field position. Bad punting hurt them all year...no more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

One suggestion for viewing the Pats this season... keep the computer running with the online calculator that will help with the necessary math during the 60 point second halves....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well I know what I want to happen:
    The Pats blowing out every single team they face
    19-0
    Superbowl Champions

I really don't think that is going to happen so I will just say 12-4
    Superbowl Champions?...Only time will tell!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In light of recent reports...

I want to stress that I still believe in Moss, and none of the garbage I'm hearing. The media loves creating stories. Brady must have swallowed his anger and signed his deal..because all reports were how p i s s e d he was getting.

And Sanchez is still horrible Jets fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Sanchez is still developing as is the Jets running game.  Their D has some holes like Cro and the Safties.  They will be good, just not good enough to carry the O.  The mega deals will hinder them going forward.

Brady will sign, Moss will get an extension after getting some verbal love, and Mankins will be in uni ~ game 6ish for his final season with the Pats...Brady doesn't sound angry.  He sounds like a guy who likes where he is.  Separates business from personal feelings and will be in the 'Bro for a while.  He does seem to be lobbying for Moss, who I think will get some love. 

Pats win the Division going 11-5  The D starts to gel midseason

Phins take a WC at 10-6  The team to watch going forward. 

Rex has plenty of time to 'get a GD snack' in January.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

With this defense?  9-7
    I hope I'm wrong, but if the Pats have to punt three times in a game they will lose.  They are a lock to set the modern era record for going for it on 4th and less than 5 yards.

Only hope for a playoff spot is to go at least 4-2 in the division and win 10 games (same as 2009).  Certainly not a stretch but my guess is they will fall short.. But, just like 2002 and 2008, they will be alive right to the last day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

19-0, Superbowl Champs ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

10-6 and either division champs or WC shared with the phins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

12-4.  I think we drop a few early, then solidify.  The offense will be in score at will mode, the defense will start out in Don't screw it up too badly mode and then settle in after the bye week. I think we beat indy,  I HATE to say the Jets beat us once, but history seems to back that up, no matter what they seem to get one off us.  Maybe call another superbowl in week 2?  My heart says we beat them twice, though.  It has become a big deal for us, I think.  I don't have much respect for the Dolphins however.  If Chad P was the QB I would give them a game, but since he isn't, we take both those contests. I love our secondary.  They need to get it together, but they are ALL OVER the receivers.  That is something I have been missing.  Hopefully this helps the pass rush, pressure=pick cover=sack.  I like where our defense is going.  Easy to say that its in trouble by the last two games, but remember its BIll B.  He does what he wants, and has his own motivations for things.  The product we see this coming sunday will be the one that counts, and I think the Bengals are a nice starting matchup.
    Posted by Davedsone

Really? You sure about that? Henne beat the Pats last year without Marshall  but I guess that didn't count in your book. If you can't run or stop the run you're in trouble. The Jets and Dolphins both finish 10-6 with the Pats at 9-7 not making the playoffs..not with that Defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk : I appreciate the the rabid defense of the Pats, I just want to caution against turning this away from the intention, and into an argument that spans 3 pages and kills the thread. Everyone's been doing a good job of being civil (even ME!). If he is a Jets fan in disguise, good for him. Hopefully he'll be proven wrong over the course of the season. Short of that, Keep them coming. It'll be interesting to see how close some people are. One more prediction: DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOLTAN! He will turn out to be one of the best punters in football, deftly pinning teams inside the 5 regularly, thereby solving one of the team's most underrated problems from a year ago; field position. Bad punting hurt them all year...no more.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I also think this is a HUGELY underrated part of this years Pats team...Special teams WILL be SPECIAL!!! Zoltan has shown he can pin teams inside their 10 and boom it when he has to. Our kick/punt returner(s), Tate & Edelman (McCourty probably won't too much because of the risk of injury/depth concerns, too bad too). Winning the field position battle can help the D out alot....assuming of course they aren't on the field for too many 90 yard / 10 minute drives by the opposition.

With that, the explosiveness of the offense, and a "respectable" defense, I like our chances.

Tough schedule though.

All in all, I see 11-5 or 12-4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Jennifer Lopez will continue to make sub-standard movies.  Her next role: Playing a down-and-out single mom trying to get a break as a pastry chef for pets of the upper-crust.  She will meet her dreamboat, the owner of a golden lab named "Rusty", but will feel insecure that she is not worthy of said dreamboat. In the second act, she will feel he is not worthy of her, but by the third act they will live happily ever after.

Lindsey Lohan will fall off the wagon during this football season.  Meaning she will start dating dudes again.

John Travolta will make yet another come-back in Wild Hogs II.  This time, the plot will have more serious, dramatic overtones as the Hogs mentor a troubled teen riding a vintage Vespa.  They'll show him the wrongfulness of his ways and soon have him riding a '74 Sportster that they all will restore for him out of spare parts and a frame magically found under a pile of hay in an abandoned barn.  Travolta will win an oscar.

After a rocky start, the Patriots will finish 9-7, with the DBs showing up better as the season winds down.  Fans will finally recognize this for what it was, Phase II of a three-phase rebuilding of the team.  There will be great hope for 2011 and what can be resolved with all of those great picks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Jennifer Lopez will continue to make sub-standard movies.  Her next role: Playing a down-and-out single mom trying to get a break as a pastry chef for pets of the upper-crust.  She will meet her dreamboat, the owner of a golden lab named "Rusty", but will feel insecure that she is not worthy of said dreamboat. In the second act, she will feel he is not worthy of her, but by the third act they will live happily ever after. Lindsey Lohan will fall off the wagon during this football season.  Meaning she will start dating dudes again. John Travolta will make yet another come-back in Wild Hogs II.  This time, the plot will have more serious, dramatic overtones as the Hogs mentor a troubled teen riding a vintage Vespa.  They'll show him the wrongfulness of his ways and soon have him riding a '74 Sportster that they all will restore for him out of spare parts and a frame magically found under a pile of hay in an abandoned barn.  Travolta will win an oscar. After a rocky start, the Patriots will finish 9-7, will the DBs showing up better as the season winds down.  Fans will finally recognize this for what it was, Phase II of a three-phase rebuilding of the team.  There will be great hope for 2011 and what can be resolved with all of those great picks.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I agree with your Pats assessment, but think the number is 10-6 rather than 9-7.  Yes they are rebuilding on the fly, I have no doubt of this. 

J-Lo?  Def overhyped.  Lohan?  Had her pegged for softcore so she can shed the Herbie the Luv Bug image and move into the next phase of her acting career, which is B movies and direct to video movies where she continuously plays bad girls who show a lot of skin. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions thread...post at your own risk : Really? You sure about that? Henne beat the Pats last year without Marshall  but I guess that didn't count in your book. If you can't run or stop the run you're in trouble. The Jets and Dolphins both finish 10-6 with the Pats at 9-7 not making the playoffs..not with that Defense.
    Posted by perfect72

What makes you think they can't stop the run?

The Phins beat the Pats with the surprise Wildcat.  I'm not saying the Phins can't beat the Pats, but that was stopped handily in the second game. Also what makes you think the Jets can run?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As for Sunday...

24-17 Pats. Pats lead early, and are never in real danger of falling behind. Brady around 250 yards, 2 TDS. 3rd TD from either D or special teams. Either TO or 85 will have a good game for the Bengals, Cedric Benson will have a very pedestrian 80ish yards at slightly lower than 4 per.

Star of the game will be the OLine (0 sacks, 4-4.5 per carry), giving fans hope for more of the same for the rest of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As for Sunday... 24-17 Pats. Pats lead early, and are never in real danger of falling behind. Brady around 250 yards, 2 TDS. 3rd TD from either D or special teams. Either TO or 85 will have a good game for the Bengals, Cedric Benson will have a very pedestrian 80ish yards at slightly lower than 4 per. Star of the game will be the OLine (0 sacks, 4-4.5 per carry), giving fans hope for more of the same for the rest of the season.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

BAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM! Nailed the OLine, and wasn't confident to say BOTH special teams AND D.

Great game. Defense looked outstanding. Mayo is back, his tackling was what I remembered from 08. The secondary looked awesome, they almost had 3-4 more picks. Nevermind the empty stats for Cincy, this D played great. NE was never in any real danger.

It will be fun watching NYJ/BAL on Monday, hopefully the Jets limp in at 0-1, and the Pats send them off at 0-2...then we'll see how quickly the Jets fold.

Not trying to get too far ahead of myself. Very satisfying victory.

And my best to all Lions fans...that call was absolute GARBAGE! Far worse than the tuck rule or anything else I've ever witnessed. If that's not a catch, I need to wonder if the Pats really won today.

Sections
Shortcuts