Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks

And you'd field a Super Bowl Champ every single year.  Seriously... 

this is your own quote....

BTW glad to hear you don't pay for that analysis because I would advise you to get a refund 

again as for the rest of your post totally incomprehensible

learn to use the enter key and start a paragraph now and then.  Stream of consciousness is not attractive

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks : Spot on Laz. Belichick sets himself apart from the rest acquiring draft picks. It's the actual picks themselves(#33 and onwards) that haven't always measured up. Two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds last year and two 1sts, two 2nds this year is sheer genius. He just needs to hit on a couple of these. Even so, he got the team one big play away from another championship. I can somewhat understand how people here are getting impatient.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Seriously digger- I mean, what did NE have for Draft Picks last year?  Picks #17 Overall, #28 Overall, #33 Overall, #56 Overall, 2 more Picks in Rd 3 (the first in the top 10 picks of that rd, the 2nd, their own), One 4th, One 5th, One 6th, just (lmao) no 7th Rder...

That's simply (from another team's perspective), A disturbing number of chips that the high-roller across from you, saunters up to the Texas Hold 'Em Table, to play with...  You should simply be OWNING people with that personal bank.  Coming away with what we HAVE witnessed from the collected production of: Nate Solder, Ras I Dowling, Shane Vareen, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Mallet, Marcus Cannon, Lee Smith, Markell Carter, and Malcolm Williams (aren't 2 of the last 3 already on other teams and/or gone from the league already?)- That simply ISN'T good enough. 

It's simply not...Not for a 6 Pick set-up before the end of Round 3 + 3 more picks on top of that.  It isn't.  I expect more from that...  And this is absolutely seperate from me expecting something like "More Superbowls" and "SuperBowls EVERY year".  I've been a Pats Fan since I was 6 or 7 (as long as I can remember, as a family birthright)- Ya know, we're talkin' 1983 on up, threw all thick and no thin until the blew up this past decade...

And in terms of Belichick selecting an extremely great valued player (draft "reach" of target selection position as it relates to any individual draftees generalized consensus talent level verses draft-day "value" of selection spot as it relates to any individual's general target area as it relates to their skill/performance/production)- Such as: Marcus Cannon and Ryan Mallet...that's fine.  These ARE things I can and DO quickly come to terms with in very short-time...It becomes an acceptable gamble of a big payoff reward taking a chance on someone with high production who has slipped THAT far down the big board.

And guess what?  You won't find 1 Bigger Proponent on trading down mantra...  Honestly, My gahd- Perfect example from the irrational "want it all now" crowd's voiced distaste from the 2011 NO's Trade:  Look, I will trade EVERY single Selection in that area (2011-Selection #28), FOR: A mid second Rounder (just 15 or so picks away) PLUS That Team's OWN 1ST Round Selection the Following Year?!?!?  Good grief!  You offer me that deal every time, and I might not ever make a 1st Round Pick ever again, ya know!?! 

And I KNOW we also garnered this NO's 1st Rder...But this haul, based on unfulfilled dream's of future promise for these guys, 1 1st rder + a very decent looking fumbling prone RB, and a Tackle who at once, performed VERY admirably as a rook with just 2 college years playing Tackle, But also gave up an eye-popping number of Total QB pressures verses the snap numbers he played in, then finally a couple guys already cast off---

That just ain't gonna do it in my book (it shouldn't in ANY knowledgeable draft fan's book), In light of the fact that you've set yourself up to start the draft day battle, with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, with 3 more before the end of Rd 6...

That DOES svck.

With this number of selections, and high selections: Bill Belichick Can and SHOULD be able to come away with a better product and more skilled and complete overall yearly draft classes, than this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

of course Cannon was a 5th rounder (cancer), Mallet a 3rd rounder (they should have had him take Brady's place) Vereen and Ridley behind BJGE and Woody, Carter on the PS, Smith a 6th rounder who was a numbers victime.  If you think 6th and 7th rounders should be starters, please stay as a DRAFT GURU, because your knowledge of the real football world is sadly lacking.

But in your world every draft pick has to start and contribute immediately?

I will also stipulate that 2006-2008 were awful draft classes.

Also glad to see you found the enter key.  It improves readability but the content is unfortunately unchanged

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I suggest you read the prior parts of my thread which were not focused at St Eli but at an assertion made by butch dike

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks:
    [QUOTE]For all of you criticizing the 2009 and 2010 defensive drafts go back and look and tell me besides Clay Matthews which defensive player you would have drafted where the Patriots picked.  I'm even giving you the ability to judge these players on what they've done at the NFL level.  Go ahead and name me the defensive superstars you would have drafted those seasons.  Connor Barwin is probably the best name on the list.  You people who criticize BB act like there are all these defensive superstars he refuses to draft, but name them.  Other than Clay Matthews there is nobody that would have been there at the Patriots pick that would qualify as a game changing player.
    Posted by paularnold[/QUOTE]

i think this is the best example of why BB does what he does. The game changer defensive studs ( and o guys too) , as a rule just arent there at the end of the first round.( Seymour early after first year 5-11, and Wilfork who dropped). BB sees 2 boards, the best guy he needs/wants on his (at a " value ") and the best guy up... chances are if it is not a match for us ..it is for someone else ...SO why not make a deal
    regarding Wilfork he was THAT guy ( I want to say he might have jumped a couple of spots)and if he just fell  then he pulled the trigger !

Early picks  Seymour 6, Mayo 10  it is a lot easier up at that end!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prepare yourself now, BB wont use either of his 1st round picks : Spot on Laz. Belichick sets himself apart from the rest acquiring draft picks. It's the actual picks themselves(#33 and onwards) that haven't always measured up. Two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds last year and two 1sts, two 2nds this year is sheer genius. He just needs to hit on a couple of these. Even so, he got the team one big play away from another championship. I can somewhat understand how people here are getting impatient.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

The three gut wrenching losses...to the Colts in AFC title game in 2006, the Giants in SB 42, and again to the Giants in SB 46, are the cause for the BB as a GM negativity. Can you imagine the difference in fan attitude if the Pats had won any two of these three games?   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My hair hurts.  BB has kept the team competitive for the SB every year since 2001, which is exactly what Pats ownership wants, by the way, and he has done so while:
    *remaining under but spending to the cap;
    *having assigned draft positions late in each round;
    *overcoming injuries to key players (yes, I consider 2008 SB competitive at 11-5).

Do I think that everyone who criticizes BB's performance as a GM is a troll or an idiot?  Of course not; I simply disagree with them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]The three gut wrenching losses...to the Colts in AFC title game in 2006, the Giants in SB 42, and again to the Giants in SB 46, are the cause for the BB as a GM negativity. Can you imagine the difference in fan attitude if the Pats had won any two of these three games?   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Of that I have no doubt. Even just one of the Giants games, especially 2007. We would have milked that one for a decade.

Sections
Shortcuts