Press blows it again...no arrest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Press blows it again...no arrest

My suggestion would be for everyone to ignore the news media unless they're showing an actual news conference by the people in charge of the investigation.

That said the more likely thing that happened is that they've found footage or pictures of the bombs being planted. A big step but still just a step.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Press blows it again...no arrest

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween. They have a suspect under custody but he hasn't "offically" been arrested

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween. They have a suspect under custody but he hasn't "offically" been arrested

Probably being 'interviewed.'

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The press has been brutal thoughout this whole thing, just last night I watched the Richard's family baby sitter get grilled by cnn. The guy actually had the balls to ask a 12 year old girl if she had any information on the familiy's injury situation (sister and mother).

I would not believe one single update regarding this thing unless it came directly from the FBI's mouth. You know these "sources" are not from the FBI and they are the one's who are in charge of this thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Probably being 'interviewed.'

The doing the interview down in Guantanamo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Probably have a few of the cowards already, just rounding up the others.  They will let everyone know everything when they are good and ready to. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He went from person of interest, to deported aftet they raided his apartment.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/u-s-deporting-saudi-person-of-interest/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Todays media is absolutely starved for a story....so they will report anything before actually confirming it, just so they look like they are on top of it.

Hell, the stupid NY Post reported 12 dead the day it happened.....freakin morons!!

The sooner everyone realizes that (most) of the media is a complete joke, the better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

not exactly a reliable reporting organization and trust me I'm not a Obama supporter. If he's getting deported then a more reputable source will eventually come out with it

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

not exactly a reliable reporting organization and trust me I'm not a Obama supporter. If he's getting deported then a more reputable source will eventually come out with it

You mean like CNN????

I would still put CNN over this site even though CNN is not always right either

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

You mean like CNN????

I would still put CNN over this site even though CNN is not always right either

Yeah, every media outlet is going to make mistakes, especially in this era when information is distributed so quickly, but some organizations are far more professional than others. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

what I don't understand is that they are going to release the pictures today in hopes that the public can help track these people down. Why wait? If they were unsure I could understand not wanting to release the pictures but why announce you are unless you are sure? Every second is a second longer for them to get away so if they are sure they want to talk to these people why wait to release the pictures why not just release them immediately and give them even less time to get away? I'm not a conspiracry nut but something seems weird about 2 separate FBI sources saying they have someone of interest in custody then turning around a little bit later saying that they lied to the AP and then saying they are releasing photo's hours later? It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out but it does seem weird the last couple of days

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Usually, if they think they know who the guy is and have some leads about where to find him they won't release pictures for fear of tipping him off.  They tend to release pictures if they don't know who he is or where he is and don't have good leads.  I see three possibilities for what happened yesterday. 

1. The info just got confused.  A source said they had "got the guy," meaning simply they had found a picture of him but not intending to suggest that they knew who he was or had him in custody, but the press misinterpreted that to mean the guy was identified and caught.

2. They initially thought they had positively identified the guy but later found they were wrong.

3.  They do think they know who the guy is, but had a change of heart about saying anything because they wanted more time to gather evidence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Usually, if they think they know who the guy is and have some leads about where to find him they won't release pictures for fear of tipping him off.  They tend to release pictures if they don't know who he is or where he is and don't have good leads.  I see three possibilities for what happened yesterday. 

1. The info just got confused.  A source said they had "got the guy," meaning simply they had found a picture of him but not intending to suggest that they knew who he was or had him in custody, but the press misinterpreted that to mean the guy was identified and caught.

2. They initially thought they had positively identified the guy but later found they were wrong.

3.  They do think they know who the guy is, but had a change of heart about saying anything because they wanted more time to gather evidence.

But again why announce you have pictures of the guy and will release them later today? 

If the 2nd or 3rd option is right then why annouce they will release the pictures? If they weren't positive then saying they are waiting to release pictures seems counter productive until they are completely sure.

As for not wanting to tip them off, wouldn't saying that you will be releasing pictures kind of tip them off to begin with? Why give them more time? The only reason I can think of to do this is that they know or have a very good idea of the person/people and are currently watching them and hoping that this type of announcement will force a reaction and cause them to try to run. But, even that tactic has big potential to backfire as the suspects could go the opposite route and depending on motive could create more bombs in a suicidal attempt to take out as many people as possible before capture

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

But again why announce you have pictures of the guy and will release them later today? 

If the 2nd or 3rd option is right then why annouce they will release the pictures? If they weren't positive then saying they are waiting to release pictures seems counter productive until they are completely sure.

As for not wanting to tip them off, wouldn't saying that you will be releasing pictures kind of tip them off to begin with? Why give them more time? The only reason I can think of to do this is that they know or have a very good idea of the person/people and are currently watching them and hoping that this type of announcement will force a reaction and cause them to try to run. But, even that tactic has big potential to backfire as the suspects could go the opposite route and depending on motive could create more bombs in a suicidal attempt to take out as many people as possible before capture

I think either of the latter two options suggest a mistake by the investigators.  I happen to think option one is the real option which is why the authorities asked the press to be more careful so as not to compromise the investigation.  If they release pictures today it is because they don't have good leads about who the guys are, where they are, or both, and are hoping the public can help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Every second is a second longer for them to get away so if they are sure they want to talk to these people why wait to release the pictures why not just release them immediately and give them even less time to get away?

Ohhh, they won't get away. I'm pretty sure they know who it is, they have probably found the home, have evidence, have a few involved and searching for more.  It's smoke and mirrors on purpose right now.  The media won't know anything until the authorities want them to know, the media is all stumblimg around right now because they are starving for some info and are making it up as they go.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Every second is a second longer for them to get away so if they are sure they want to talk to these people why wait to release the pictures why not just release them immediately and give them even less time to get away?

Ohhh, they won't get away. I'm pretty sure they know who it is, they have probably found the home, have evidence, have a few involved and searching for more.  It's smoke and mirrors on purpose right now.  The media won't know anything until the authorities want them to know, the media is all stumblimg around right now because they are starving for some info and are making it up as they go.

but then why the cloak and daggers stories and accounts directly coming from the FBI? They are playing some game we are not aware of for what end game we don't know which makes me nervous. I don't think the government is out to get us but I also don't trust the government either and these games only make me feel like a pawn instead of a player in a government meant to be of the people and for the people. Though I do think the conspiracy people are a bit nuts, esp when you hear some of the theories, it's this cloak and dagger control over the media that does make you wonder what they are doing. It would be better not to say anything until they are ready, instead of announcing "later today" type of confusion

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I think they have the guy. I think they're peppering him with questions, etc, to see if there is a connection with the Ricin situation from Memphis.  Someone knows they have the guy, relayed the info to a news source, and it shouldn't have been leaked.

Menino is all but saying they have the guy.

If this is a domestic right wing nutjob situation (sort of smells like it), it may be a deeper cell than perceived, so they may be working the guy over a bit and don't want too much heat with the process.

Seems awfully convenient that Sen Levin (D-MI), Wicker (D-MS), Shelby (D-AL) got packages and we just had the gun vote yesterday, with the Newtown families at the finish line of the marathon.

Seems too convenient. AL, MS and MI all have LARGE populations of extremists who like their guns. 

By the way, I am embarrassed as an American that the Senate didn't pass very logical and simple gun legislation.

You want an example as to what the problems are with our political system, lobbying, money, the need for term limits, etc, look no further than that disgusting 54-46 vote block on a basic and sensical run regulation yesterday.

An absolute disgrace.

Every single American should look on line to see how their Senators voted and if yours voted against it, you're (not you, specifically) are a moron for not voting them out of office in 2014.

Lobbying should be fully transparent and regulated (should be broadcast on CSPAN and the internet with all discussions in full disclosure), term limits need to a reality NOW and give more power back to the president so we can actually see our system work better.

Embarrassing.

Rand Paul should be beaten into a pulp.  Anyone who votes for that guy should be arrested.

Fully agree on the embarrassing lack of action on guns Rusty. Sadly, not surprised though. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts