Pressure Now On Brady

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Pressure Now On Brady

Yep, I agree...    How Brady can manage to play 11 positions on offense then turn around and play 11 positions on defense game in and game out is amazing!  I wonder when the Pats will fill the other 52 roster positions with other players to give Brady a break?  The pressure on Brady to perform will break him one day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dead Ahead, I don't disagree with the Pats doing better with an established run game. My point was simply that I get tired of hearing that Brady doesn't make his team 10x better than what they are. He does. He has pulled rabbits out of his hat all year. Any quarterback does well with a running game. I've advocated myself that they run the ball more, but it also can be an Achilles Heel. Ridley fumbles, rushing game fumbles. When those happen and when they happen inside your own territory, they are deadly. Tom is the most protective QB in the NFL as far as not making turnovers. He is a perfectionist who doesn't want to throw blindly like a Favre or Bradshaw. So when a RB fumbles, it's a killer, knowing that 4 or 5 short passes gets you the same yardage. If Bolden, Ridley are running 8 or 9 yard carries and eating up the clock, no question, it's the best way to control the game, save your defense. But in this day and age of the long last 2 minutes of a game, the timeouts, the ability to throw a 40-yard pass v. Pats secondary, you can control a game and be ahead 17-3 and still find a way to get caught. There are great things about having a running game, and some really strong disadvantages if you aren't putting TDs on the board. You do it faster passing. And you make your comebacks by passing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dannycater.. where have you been?  Rusty is consistent with his rhetoric about Brady.  No manner of arguments shakes this foundation.  Rusty's main concern, overall, is posters here do not complain about Brady enough.  He is making up for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's gotten away with any criticism for years and years even after sluggish finishes in December and poor postseasons of late, but this game proves it's not all about him.

We will beat Buffalo, beat whatever Divisional Round team comes in to Foxborough and it's just a matter of how Brady plays in Denver.

But, there is no better place for this to go down than in Denver vs Gomie. I absolutely welcome it.  Not only do we match up very well, the pressure off Brady being at home, should help at this point.

I've said for years and years that Brady has to be better in the postseason, and now is his chance to slay the dragon once and for all and earn the respect back as a great postseason QB. It's been since 2006.

No turnovers, under Center more than not, run the ball through all 4 qtrs and we go to the SB.

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Although you take it to the extreme, you do have a point.  Brady was better in his earlier superbowl wins than his recent ones.  If we face a team that can put constant pressure on Brady, any team can beat us.  If we protect Brady we can compete vs. any team.  I think this is the time for Brady to put all the critiques to rest.  I agree that he has not been at his best in the past couple of superbowls, but he has been better than most in his entire body of work in the playoffs.

I think where you sometimes brush over is how much having Tom Brady on this team has allowed it to become the number 2 seed in the league this year.  I know you want to bring attention to his faults, but you have to also be fair and give credit to what he has done with the limited weapons at his disposal this season.  If he can finish it off, I look forward to not having to read about all these complaints about him in the future.  He is the best QB I have ever seen and this season could define his legacy when he retires.  He can either be just one of the best or considered the best of all time.  The pressure is on him to cement his place in history.

If Peyton breaks his record this year but loses in the playoffs against Tom and the Pats go on to win the championship... that will be the story told to our children.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Maybe Brady stiffed him for an autograph. I forgave Dewey Evans (took me a while a long, long time ago). :-)....Every year, I find something different about a Pats team to love or root on. This team is just a joy to watch. You can't predict what is about to happen. The unpredictability is a real game-changer to me. How do you scout the Pats? You really can't. And if you get ahead of them by 2 TDs, who cares. Pats are as resilient a team in 2013 as I've ever seen any NFL team. They don't care about the score, or the deficit, or the opponent, or the circumstances. That's a big plus in a playoff scenario.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback in recent NFL history (post 1980) having one of the most under-the-radar MVP efforts a QB has ever had, completing so many ridiculously late comebacks that now the only thing people can do is rip Tom for not having good receivers. I give up on the hate Brady, jealous Brady crowd. The guy is EXACTLY who I want in the last minute, down 21, anywhere, any time ever. As for the team, the team won v. Baltimore and when the defense shows up, there's no stopping the Pats. It often comes down to making stops in the 4th quarter. Against Miami, couldn't stop anything. Offensively, yes, a few blips along the way, especially v. Cincinnati, but with a team that has won with the likes of Vereen, Bolden, Amendola, Edelman, TEs who aren't Gronk, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Collie, and oh that All-Pro guy Ridley, I'd say Brady/Belichick have never done more with less.

[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to sw4288's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree that yesterday's offensive game plan was perfect. That is exactly how you win on the road in a playoff atmosphere against a physical defense. Gotta give credit to Lagarette Blount who's yards after contact cannot go unnoticed. This guy is a bull. Rid ran hard on that masterpiece 4 minute drill they ran to put the game away. 7 runs, no passes, touchdown. Music to my ****ing ears. Tom managed the game very well, like he did when he was young, and made the throws when he needed too.

This team (defense) has been decimated by injuries but still finds a way. Whether it's the crazy comebacks or what we saw last night. There is a mental and physical toughness about this group that I myself have not seen in many years. This is a group of brothers. It is really starting to remind me of the 01 team. Nobody believes, but they don't care, they just play. Julian Edelman is an absolute warrior who has worked for everything he's gotten. He is the definition of patriot to me. I really like this team, I don't know how injuries will effect our playoff run, but I remain hopeful. Enjoy the playoffs pats fans. It should be fun

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe Brady stiffed him for an autograph. I forgave Dewey Evans (took me a while a long, long time ago). :-)....Every year, I find something different about a Pats team to love or root on. This team is just a joy to watch. You can't predict what is about to happen. The unpredictability is a real game-changer to me. How do you scout the Pats? You really can't. And if you get ahead of them by 2 TDs, who cares. Pats are as resilient a team in 2013 as I've ever seen any NFL team. They don't care about the score, or the deficit, or the opponent, or the circumstances. That's a big plus in a playoff scenario.

[/QUOTE]

Oil Can Boyd made fun of me as a little kid when he gave me an autograph... I still want to punch him in his crack head face when I see him.  I can see this story getting legs... run with it Danny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

But, see what I saw last night is what I believe Brady is capable of.  Don't check to a pass, don't over-think it and certainly do not ignore a run game, because you absolutely need one at age 36.

Best QB I've seen is Joe Montana.  Brady is right there, but his recent postseasons and lack of understanding why what he's done is why we're losing, has been absolutely frustrating.

[/QUOTE]

I think one of Brady's biggest strengths is his ability to adapt and learn.  At this point in his career, he does need the running game to go along with the pass game.  Any team in the playoffs increases chances of winning with a strong run game.  It allows you to control the clock and close out on games where you are ahead.

I think this year is different from any year since Corey Dillon.  This year we have the run game to close out wins.  Past years we didn't have that guy... this year we have it in spades.  Most are down on the Pats with all the injuries.  I have been consistent in suggesting that they are a superbowl team.  Most doubted me, but after this win they are coming around.

In order to win in the superbowl a team needs to be tough.  It was not just on Brady these past superbowl losses... the entire team was soft at the time.  This team is battle tested and hardened.  I think they will make it to the championship game and will win it because they have what our talented teams of the past didn't... the heart to never give up and always find a way to compete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

We don't blame the OCs or BB for the game plans v. NY Giants in both Super Bowls. Leaving Brady to try to go 80 yards in 45 seconds? How can anyone really criticize Brady other than it's impossible for him to catch all the dropped passes his receivers have done for him in crucial situations going back to the losing Super Bowls? Brady IS BETTER NOW THAN HE EVER WAS. SMARTER. AND THROWING THE LONG BALL BETTER AND EVEN LOFTING IT BETTER SO RECEIVERS CAN GET UNDER THE BALL. enough about Brady isn't as good as Montana even. Did anyone see what Montana had to work with? Try 2 Hall of Fame type receivers, receiving RBs with skill, great TEs throughout his years. Montana would have had problems trying to get upfield with what Brady has had this season alone.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the defensive finally put up a decent game and now the pressure is on Brady? This game tore you stance to pieces. If the defense performs there is a better chance the Pats win. Simple as that. This game clearly illustrated for you Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

Tore my stance to pieces?? IAre you insane? I just won a bet saying we need to commit to a run because when we do against a team that rushes 4 and plays man, this happens:

1. The O Line looks better.

2. Brady looks better.

3. D looks better.

I couldn't have nailed my premise any more than I did last night!  LOL!  Last night proved it's not all about Brady and throwing 40+ times as I've been saying in here for years. When we don't throw 40+ times with a lead, our D always looks better. Fact.  

I put it out there with a wager, many were afraid to take it, and we now know why. People are afraid I'd be right again.

Nice try, Joe.  You've been bludgeoned and your jealousy is delicious.

[/QUOTE]

No I haven't. I am not jealous at all. I feel a bit sorry for you but that is pretty the only emotoin I have invested in you. True or false if that Pats defense play like that in either Super Bowl or last years AFC championship they would have won with Brady's performances?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's gotten away with any criticism for years and years even after sluggish finishes in December and poor postseasons of late, but this game proves it's not all about him.

We will beat Buffalo, beat whatever Divisional Round team comes in to Foxborough and it's just a matter of how Brady plays in Denver.

But, there is no better place for this to go down than in Denver vs Gomie. I absolutely welcome it.  Not only do we match up very well, the pressure off Brady being at home, should help at this point.

I've said for years and years that Brady has to be better in the postseason, and now is his chance to slay the dragon once and for all and earn the respect back as a great postseason QB. It's been since 2006.

No turnovers, under Center more than not, run the ball through all 4 qtrs and we go to the SB.

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

If we run the ball then it is up to the offensive line and the running backs, not JUST TB. I wish everyone would stop giving Brady credit for things he doesnt do and blame for things he doesnt do.

It is a TEAM game. It will take ALL the offensive linemen. It will take 1 to 4 running backs. It will take some plays by receivers and by the D. It will take good coaching. 

If TB cannot throw AND catch the ball neither can he hand it off, run it AND make all the key blocks. T E A M

[/QUOTE]

RIght, but my concern is when I know he "prefers" the shotgun, so in his and McDaniels's mind, they think the way to get ahead is to throw a lot.

This proves that is a flawed premise.  It's why I offered up my wager.

I want to see if the people who call the plays and/or change them actually get how to beat an opponent they face.

It may not be perfect, but the fact is, less throwing lessens the odds of an INT and as long as we don't fumble, we have a great chance to win.

Our SB era Ds used to benefit from this all the time because we ran our offense like this tonight.

But, if you don't commit to it and get to it, you can never have it.

In SB 42 and in the second half of SB 46, we showed why Brady or ANY QB must have a semblance of a run game.

I am telling you right now, we will win the SB if Brady doesn't pass at a high rate.

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat? An NFL QB who prefers ths shotgun where he can better view the field? I've never heard of such a thing. What's next? An olineman who likes to run block? A LB who likes to blitz? A WR who wants the ball?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We don't blame the OCs or BB for the game plans v. NY Giants in both Super Bowls. Leaving Brady to try to go 80 yards in 45 seconds? How can anyone really criticize Brady other than it's impossible for him to catch all the dropped passes his receivers have done for him in crucial situations going back to the losing Super Bowls? Brady IS BETTER NOW THAN HE EVER WAS. SMARTER. AND THROWING THE LONG BALL BETTER AND EVEN LOFTING IT BETTER SO RECEIVERS CAN GET UNDER THE BALL. enough about Brady isn't as good as Montana even. Did anyone see what Montana had to work with? Try 2 Hall of Fame type receivers, receiving RBs with skill, great TEs throughout his years. Montana would have had problems trying to get upfield with what Brady has had this season alone.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Here are 3 key plays that are on Brady and a bit of Welkie:

1. Safety.

2. INT on 1st down early in the 4th qtr to a one legged Gronk.

3. HIgh throw to wide open Welkie.

If ONE of these plays that are all on Brady, do not occur, we win the SB.  These aren't just some indifferent plays that didn't have much of an effect. These are MASSIVE game-swinging situations and momentum shifters.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't forget how the defense lost the last 2 SB's failing to stop the last drive by the Giants in both games.  83 and 88 yards in less then 3 minutes to be exact.  Brady gave the team the lead going into the final minutes of both SB's and the defense flat out choked them away.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Here are 3 key plays that are on Brady and a bit of Welkie:

1. Safety.

2. INT on 1st down early in the 4th qtr to a one legged Gronk.

3. HIgh throw to wide open Welkie.

If ONE of these plays that are all on Brady, do not occur, we win the SB.  These aren't just some indifferent plays that didn't have much of an effect. These are MASSIVE game-swinging situations and momentum shifters.

[/QUOTE]

How about not jumping off sides on third and long? Or breaking up the pass to Manningham? Or how about not allowing the Giants to score a touchdown in that last drive? I think the biggest single play and you can't argue this is jumping offsides on third and long. They would have ran out the clock after that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So the defensive finally put up a decent game and now the pressure is on Brady? This game tore you stance to pieces. If the defense performs there is a better chance the Pats win. Simple as that. This game clearly illustrated for you Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

Tore my stance to pieces?? IAre you insane? I just won a bet saying we need to commit to a run because when we do against a team that rushes 4 and plays man, this happens:

1. The O Line looks better.

2. Brady looks better.

3. D looks better.

I couldn't have nailed my premise any more than I did last night!  LOL!  Last night proved it's not all about Brady and throwing 40+ times as I've been saying in here for years. When we don't throw 40+ times with a lead, our D always looks better. Fact.  

I put it out there with a wager, many were afraid to take it, and we now know why. People are afraid I'd be right again.

Nice try, Joe.  You've been bludgeoned and your jealousy is delicious.

[/QUOTE]

No I haven't. I am not jealous at all. I feel a bit sorry for you but that is pretty the only emotoin I have invested in you. True or false if that Pats defense play like that in either Super Bowl or last years AFC championship they would have won with Brady's performances?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, NE had a 13-7 lead at halftime and our offense NEVER SCORED AGAIN. SO, that means you think our D has to hold to 12 points?

You're as sick as the rest of em. Plus, Talib and Jones were out in that game. Our offense hung the hobbled D out to dry.

Why is this even a discussion??! You have to score at least 20 points in this league to have a crack at winning a game. Period. And, that's 20 points  by the offense on their own, not being set up by the D with multiple turnovers, Def TDs or STs TDs.

Get a clue, BBW.

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

You have just posted that good defense shouldn't matter. You lost a ton of creditability with that last post. You basically have stated "I don't if the defensive gives up 50, it will be Brady's fault if they lose". You haven't answer the question and deflected. Do the Pats win the Super Bowls or AFC Championship regardless of Brady's performance if the defense plays like they did yesterday?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Pats defense or lack of in key situations have murdered them over the years, especially the drives in the last minutes of games. And for sure, Brady has done that to many teams defenses as well, but it's obvious with just a little more defense in both SBs v. Giants, Brady would have 5 rings, but i'm sure DeadSpinRust would find a way to rip Brady.
     For certain, the perfect season team's game plan v. Giants was a complete opposite of the go-for-broke, who cares if it's 4th down and long, etc, offense the team had all year. It was sad to watch that game more than any of all the Pats games ever. Brady unleashed is any opponent team's worst nightmare.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

The Pats defense or lack of in key situations have murdered them over the years, especially the drives in the last minutes of games. And for sure, Brady has done that to many teams defenses as well, but it's obvious with just a little more defense in both SBs v. Giants, Brady would have 5 rings, but i'm sure DeadSpinRust would find a way to rip Brady.
     For certain, the perfect season team's game plan v. Giants was a complete opposite of the go-for-broke, who cares if it's 4th down and long, etc, offense the team had all year. It was sad to watch that game more than any of all the Pats games ever. Brady unleashed is any opponent team's worst nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

Yep! 

Sections
Shortcuts