Pressure Now On Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Pressure Now On Brady

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's gotten away with any criticism for years and years even after sluggish finishes in December and poor postseasons of late, but this game proves it's not all about him.

We will beat Buffalo, beat whatever Divisional Round team comes in to Foxborough and it's just a matter of how Brady plays in Denver.

But, there is no better place for this to go down than in Denver vs Gomie. I absolutely welcome it.  Not only do we match up very well, the pressure off Brady being at home, should help at this point.

I've said for years and years that Brady has to be better in the postseason, and now is his chance to slay the dragon once and for all and earn the respect back as a great postseason QB. It's been since 2006.

No turnovers, under Center more than not, run the ball through all 4 qtrs and we go to the SB.

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

If we run the ball then it is up to the offensive line and the running backs, not JUST TB. I wish everyone would stop giving Brady credit for things he doesnt do and blame for things he doesnt do.

It is a TEAM game. It will take ALL the offensive linemen. It will take 1 to 4 running backs. It will take some plays by receivers and by the D. It will take good coaching. 

If TB cannot throw AND catch the ball neither can he hand it off, run it AND make all the key blocks. T E A M

[/QUOTE]

RIght, but my concern is when I know he "prefers" the shotgun, so in his and McDaniels's mind, they think the way to get ahead is to throw a lot.

This proves that is a flawed premise.  It's why I offered up my wager.

I want to see if the people who call the plays and/or change them actually get how to beat an opponent they face.

It may not be perfect, but the fact is, less throwing lessens the odds of an INT and as long as we don't fumble, we have a great chance to win.

Our SB era Ds used to benefit from this all the time because we ran our offense like this tonight.

But, if you don't commit to it and get to it, you can never have it.

In SB 42 and in the second half of SB 46, we showed why Brady or ANY QB must have a semblance of a run game.

I am telling you right now, we will win the SB if Brady doesn't pass at a high rate.

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat? An NFL QB who prefers ths shotgun where he can better view the field? I've never heard of such a thing. What's next? An olineman who likes to run block? A LB who likes to blitz? A WR who wants the ball?

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise! How did ya enjoy that game?! See, that's what pipeline depth and good drafting looks like. bawhahahaha!

The shotgun obsession started in 2007 (more so 2006, but it hasn't manifested itself into an addiction yet), and took off in 2009 AFTER Brady's leg injury in 2008.

He's been skittish ever since, but the shotgun preference of his not only should not have been said publicly, but it shouldn't be allowed.

You don't see Rodgers and Brees in the shotgun every week on all 3 downs, Bustchise, do ya?

Last night was beautiful and that's bad news for trolls such as yourself.

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that yesterday vs a medicre Ravens team with the Patriots playing in their superbowl, that was an example of "pipeline depth and good drafting" but last week against a mediocre Dolphins team (that got destroyed by Buffalo yesterday) when that "pipeline" allowed Tannehill a career day with 3 TDs and a rating of 120+ was not an example?  Ok, yeah.  What I saw was a bad Raven offense that started to beat up on a weak Pats D in the 4th just like the Browns, the Dolohins, & the Falcons did and then they self destructed.

What an idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's gotten away with any criticism for years and years even after sluggish finishes in December and poor postseasons of late, but this game proves it's not all about him.

We will beat Buffalo, beat whatever Divisional Round team comes in to Foxborough and it's just a matter of how Brady plays in Denver.

But, there is no better place for this to go down than in Denver vs Gomie. I absolutely welcome it.  Not only do we match up very well, the pressure off Brady being at home, should help at this point.

I've said for years and years that Brady has to be better in the postseason, and now is his chance to slay the dragon once and for all and earn the respect back as a great postseason QB. It's been since 2006.

No turnovers, under Center more than not, run the ball through all 4 qtrs and we go to the SB.

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

If we run the ball then it is up to the offensive line and the running backs, not JUST TB. I wish everyone would stop giving Brady credit for things he doesnt do and blame for things he doesnt do.

It is a TEAM game. It will take ALL the offensive linemen. It will take 1 to 4 running backs. It will take some plays by receivers and by the D. It will take good coaching. 

If TB cannot throw AND catch the ball neither can he hand it off, run it AND make all the key blocks. T E A M

[/QUOTE]

RIght, but my concern is when I know he "prefers" the shotgun, so in his and McDaniels's mind, they think the way to get ahead is to throw a lot.

I want to see if the people who call the plays and/or change them actually get how to beat an opponent they face.

It may not be perfect, but the fact is, less throwing lessens the odds of an INT and as long as we don't fumble, we have a great chance to win.

Our SB era Ds used to benefit from this all the time because we ran our offense like this tonight.

In SB 42 and in the second half of SB 46, we showed why Brady or ANY QB must have a semblance of a run game.

I am telling you right now, we will win the SB if Brady doesn't pass at a high rate.

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat? An NFL QB who prefers ths shotgun where he can better view the field? I've never heard of such a thing. What's next? An olineman who likes to run block? A LB who likes to blitz? A WR who wants the ball?

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise! How did ya enjoy that game?! See, that's what pipeline depth and good drafting looks like. bawhahahaha!

The shotgun obsession started in 2007 (more so 2006, but it hasn't manifested itself into an addiction yet), and took off in 2009 AFTER Brady's leg injury in 2008.

He's been skittish ever since, but the shotgun preference of his not only should not have been said publicly, but it shouldn't be allowed.

You don't see Rodgers and Brees in the shotgun every week on all 3 downs, Bustchise, do ya?

[/QUOTE]

I've been looking around for your crying about the poor officiating that went against the Ravens yesterday, but I can't find a single post. I wonder why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't blame the OCs or BB for the game plans v. NY Giants in both Super Bowls. Leaving Brady to try to go 80 yards in 45 seconds? How can anyone really criticize Brady other than it's impossible for him to catch all the dropped passes his receivers have done for him in crucial situations going back to the losing Super Bowls? Brady IS BETTER NOW THAN HE EVER WAS. SMARTER. AND THROWING THE LONG BALL BETTER AND EVEN LOFTING IT BETTER SO RECEIVERS CAN GET UNDER THE BALL. enough about Brady isn't as good as Montana even. Did anyone see what Montana had to work with? Try 2 Hall of Fame type receivers, receiving RBs with skill, great TEs throughout his years. Montana would have had problems trying to get upfield with what Brady has had this season alone.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Here are 3 key plays that are on Brady and a bit of Welkie:

1. Safety.

2. INT on 1st down early in the 4th qtr to a one legged Gronk.

3. HIgh throw to wide open Welkie.

If ONE of these plays that are all on Brady, do not occur, we win the SB.  These aren't just some indifferent plays that didn't have much of an effect. These are MASSIVE game-swinging situations and momentum shifters.

[/QUOTE]

How about not jumping off sides on third and long? Or breaking up the pass to Manningham? Or how about not allowing the Giants to score a touchdown in that last drive? I think the biggest single play and you can't argue this is jumping offsides on third and long. They would have ran out the clock after that.

[/QUOTE]

Breaking up the pass to Manningham?  No one is breaking up a perfect pass in a bucket or catch like that.  That's an indefensible pass.

Prior to the D gassed on the last drive due to superb D all through the first and second halves, allowing 13 points only, they held to 2 FGs in the second half and a punt.

That means on 3 drives after getting the 17-9 lead, our offense could not even get Gostkowski into FG range ONE TIME.

Meanwhile, Brady threw an INT on FIRST DOWN for no reason and then missed his chance to atone with the high throw to Welkie.

[/QUOTE]

Do QBs typially have reasons they throw picks?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been looking around for your crying about the poor officiating that went against the Ravens yesterday, but I can't find a single post. I wonder why.

[/QUOTE]

Go look in the game thread, stupid.  

[/QUOTE]

In the game thread?  Yeah, ugh, no.  I just figured you would creat a whole new discussion tittled "waaaaaaaaa, it's not fair"  like you do every other week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

The Pats defense or lack of in key situations have murdered them over the years, especially the drives in the last minutes of games. And for sure, Brady has done that to many teams defenses as well, but it's obvious with just a little more defense in both SBs v. Giants, Brady would have 5 rings, but i'm sure DeadSpinRust would find a way to rip Brady.
     For certain, the perfect season team's game plan v. Giants was a complete opposite of the go-for-broke, who cares if it's 4th down and long, etc, offense the team had all year. It was sad to watch that game more than any of all the Pats games ever. Brady unleashed is any opponent team's worst nightmare.

We lost in all phases of the game vs. the Giants.  The most importaint loss was the loss of a good match up.  The Giants were the only team who came close to beating us during our undefeated season.  They proved that was not a fluke in the Superbowl as we proved the same thing against the Rams in 2001.   They beat us because they posed the worst match up problems for us.  Bill failed in not adapting the game plan.  Brady failed for the same reason.  The defense failed at the end of the game and so did the offense.  That was a team loss there in all three phases and a crushing one at that.

Crushing enough defeats to keep fans from becoming cocky like arrogant Yankee fans.  I think for a while our fans were getting stuck up like that.  I like a more realistic and grounded fan base... that said, I like our chances this year.  I like Brady's mindset right now.  I like how the team is clicking even with all the problems.  I like that other teams are showing holes at the right time. 

We have as good of a chance as any other team and those chances go up drastically with a buy win.  We need above all else for this team to get healthy and we are well on the way to doing that goal.  The only team to me that has stood out this year are the Seahawks.  They pose the match up problem, but if we face anyone else in the Superbowl I think we are favorites. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, see what I saw last night is what I believe Brady is capable of.  Don't check to a pass, don't over-think it and certainly do not ignore a run game, because you absolutely need one at age 36.

Best QB I've seen is Joe Montana.  Brady is right there, but his recent postseasons and lack of understanding why what he's done is why we're losing, has been absolutely frustrating.

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't understand that why what he's done is why we're losing?  Oh please, you mean he's doing something that's causing us to lose and Bill Belichick forgets to tell him? You can't possibly take what you're saying seriously.  I know you're not that dumb.  No one's that dumb. Not even a freakin' nematode is that dumb. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A good example of team.

Yesterday's stats....

The Ravens had more yards passing and only 21 less rushing.

They had more first downs

On the other hand we had zero turnovers to their 4 and were 100% in the red zone to their 33%--team effort.

When we needed a clock eating scoring drive in the 4th the offense provided one. When we needed a stop on 4th down the defense provided one on 4th down--team effort

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, see what I saw last night is what I believe Brady is capable of.  Don't check to a pass, don't over-think it and certainly do not ignore a run game, because you absolutely need one at age 36.

Best QB I've seen is Joe Montana.  Brady is right there, but his recent postseasons and lack of understanding why what he's done is why we're losing, has been absolutely frustrating.

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't understand that why what he's done is why we're losing?  Oh please, you mean he's doing something that's causing us to lose and Bill Belichick forgets to tell him? You can't possibly take what you're saying seriously.  I know you're not that dumb.  No one's that dumb. Not even a freakin' nematode is that dumb. 

[/QUOTE]

C'mon pro, clearly neither BB nor Brady understand the game like dumbkoff does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

All about Brady.

[/QUOTE]

the pressure has always been on Brady..after all he knows he has to either outscore the other team or sit on the bench praying his unclutch D doesn't blow another one (see SB 42 and 46 for reference)...and I think he has handled the pressure of making Belichick look like a "genius" and Kraft not look cheap incredibly well for years niw

Sections
Shortcuts