Pressure Really On Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Pressure Really On Brady

Yep, it's the elephant in the room as it has been for years.

But now, with so many moves on D to finally show why Brady's desires for all word weaponry on offense in the cap era isn't the only way to chase Gomie's stats, Brady now has to perform in the AFC Title game in 2014.

No more excuses for the Golden Boy.  Chasing stats and that being all he has cared about, is now over.

In any other situation a poorly performing highest paid athlete would have been traded by now.  The only thing keeping him here at this point is a lack of objectivity by the media and pink hats and no real solution at the position since Aaron Rodgers or Brees aren't available via trade.

The additions of larger WRs, speedier, more athletic LBs and Revis and Browner, have really put the pressure and accountability on Brady for once.

I am not sure there is anything else BB could have done at this point. He's tried everything for Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Pressure Really On Brady

If Tom Brady is this tearm's biggest flaw, we will win the Super Bowl by a large margin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Tom Brady is this tearm's biggest flaw, we will win the Super Bowl by a large margin.

[/QUOTE]

We shall see. I said that in 2007.  You live in Seattle, so you're an out-of-towner like I am.  He's yesterday's news.  This is what the Cupcake Guild here don't get. They still think it's 2006 or 2007 when he's considered the best in the business.  He's not. He's yesterday's news until he can show he cares when the title game rolls around and Gizzy is nowhere to be seen for an entire season. Gizzy snipped him at the nuts back in January 2006, ironically, when all of this started and the offense collapsed in Indy a week later.

If you take a look at what you just said, it proves my premise.  BB has basically said "Ok, Tom, I've tried everything...A loaded 2007 team on offense and defense, and you failed; a younger team with incredible TEs to tweak the offense and an opportunistic D to lead the NFL in turnovers created to get you more drives; and now I am loading up on D with all world talent all over the place again..."

If the D is take pressure off of Brady in terms of Brady not having to do too much, it's up to Brady to respond.

That's exactly my point.

Part of what makes BB so brilliant as a GM is that he tweaks the team in different ways each offseason, so the film you watch on the team will be pretty much useless the next year.

He's done it again, coming full circle like the old Pats teams.  Fact is, Brady had a chance to atone for the embarrassing collapse of SB 42, but he failed.  

BB has had it. So have the diehards. dusting off an old playbook.  The original.  Pressure is now on Brady to play accordingly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This thread is what happens when obsessive compulsive disorder (is there anyone more obsessed with another man than Rusty is with TB?) meets narcissism (I know more than everyone else about everything, it is delightful to watch you all be bludgeoned by my superior knowledge) and they run into borderline personality disorder (all of the traits associated with this one). Throw in a bag of strawberry kush and not being able to hold down a steady job, and voila...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

The pressure is actually on BB and the coaching staff as it's their responsibility to build a team, understand the team's weakness, and address those weaknesses accordingly. The buck must stop with BB - as does the accountability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread is what happens when obsessive compulsive disorder (is there anyone more obsessed with another man than Rusty is with TB?) meets narcissism (I know more than everyone else about everything, it is delightful to watch you all be bludgeoned by my superior knowledge) and they run into borderline personality disorder (all of the traits associated with this one). Throw in a bag of strawberry kush and not being able to hold down a steady job, and voila...

[/QUOTE]

Umm, excuse me?   Hold down a steady job? You've got to be kidding me. HIlarious. I have earned the control of my career, thanks very much.  Please focus on Bustchise for that one.  He's the one who works at a movie theater, bragging about as he maneuvers from his basement. Start there or with part time Babe who is too old to work full time and keep a job.

Wake me when I spend time on a Jets board creating board characters. It sure sounds like you're still smarting from your exposure as a bible thumping right wing nutty.  Hmm?

Get over it.  Those are your problems, thinking people writing stories in a book thousands of years ago actually means something.  Some feel it's ridiculous that arrogant, self righteous types like yourself want to control everything via a religious book's commentary and fairy tales.

Talk about "narcissism".  I ain't reading your book, boy.  Babe will, though. lol 

I would suggest stop telling me I am wrong about everything and then it won't appear like "narcissism" when I come in and paint such an accurate picture when the picture comes to fruition.  Ever think of that, Mr. Insecure?

Truth hurts. Brady has got to show up. This team has loaded and all areas have been addressed. No more. No more excuses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pressure is actually on BB and the coaching staff as it's their responsibility to build a team, understand the team's weakness, and address those weaknesses accordingly. The buck must stop with BB - as does the accountability.

[/QUOTE]

WHat is your excuse for SB 42 then?  I still remember the entire LB corps on the cover of SI being deemed the best LB group of the modern era.

Fans hate our team due how loaded it's been off and on through the years here, but Brady has sucked for a decade in the postseason.

HOw is that on the coaching staff? These players are adults who are paid millions, Brady leading the way.

Unless your point is that BB lost the team and can't coach, you don't have a leg to stand on with that premise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We shall see. I said that in 2007.  You live in Seattle, so you're an out-of-towner like I am.  He's yesterday's news.  This is what the Cupcake Guild here don't get. They still think it's 2006 or 2007 when he's considered the best in the business.  He's not. He's yesterday's news until he can show he cares when the title game rolls around and Gizzy is nowhere to be seen for an entire season. Gizzy snipped him at the nuts back in January 2006, ironically, when all of this started and the offense collapsed in Indy a week later.

If you take a look at what you just said, it proves my premise.  BB has basically said "Ok, Tom, I've tried everything...A loaded 2007 team on offense and defense, and you failed; a younger team with incredible TEs to tweak the offense and an opportunistic D to lead the NFL in turnovers created to get you more drives; and now I am loading up on D with all world talent all over the place again..."

If the D is take pressure off of Brady in terms of Brady not having to do too much, it's up to Brady to respond.

That's exactly my point.

Part of what makes BB so brilliant as a GM is that he tweaks the team in different ways each offseason, so the film you watch on the team will be pretty much useless the next year.

He's done it again, coming full circle like the old Pats teams.  Fact is, Brady had a chance to atone for the embarrassing collapse of SB 42, but he failed.  

BB has had it. So have the diehards. dusting off an old playbook.  The original.  Pressure is now on Brady to play accordingly.

[/QUOTE]

I live about 2.5 hours east of Seattle.  Farm country.  It is a whole different world in Eastern WA vs. the Seattle area.  Anyway, yeah, I won't argue that Brady hasn't played his best games lately in the playoffs.  It's true.  But I'll still take him as NE's QB any day of the week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point.

[/QUOTE]

I live about 2.5 hours east of Seattle.  Farm country.  It is a whole different world in Eastern WA vs. the Seattle area.  Anyway, yeah, I won't argue that Brady hasn't played his best games lately in the playoffs.  It's true.  But I'll still take him as NE's QB any day of the week.

[/QUOTE]

And that's a fair position, because there aren't many QBs who can be on the same level or better.  All we can ask as fans is that he finally comes in focused in the title game so we can see this team back in a SB.

I mean, can you imagine if the D is great, the team is healthy and he has a 3 INT game like he had vs SD in the 2007 title game?

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about here. I can see him doing that sort of thing again until he proves me wrong. I just don't trust he understands how to play a smart game in that position since we haven't seen it since 2004.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHat is your excuse for SB 42 then?  I still remember the entire LB corps on the cover of SI being deemed the best LB group of the modern era.

Fans hate our team due how loaded it's been off and on through the years here, but Brady has sucked for a decade in the postseason.

HOw is that on the coaching staff? These players are adults who are paid millions, Brady leading the way.

Unless your point is that BB lost the team and can't coach, you don't have a leg to stand on with that premise.

[/QUOTE]

Is it not BB's responsibility to build a competitive team? Yes, or no?

Is it not BB's responsibility to address the teams weaknesses with processes involving drafts, trades, and acquisitions? Yes or No?

Is it not BB's responsibility to make sure that individual players; including Brady, play as a team? Yes or No?

If you feel that Brady, as an individual player, is solely responsible for the team's woes during playoff games - then I think that says alot about what your definition is of a team sport.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is it not BB's responsibility to build a competitive team? Yes, or no?

Is it not BB's responsibility to address the teams weaknesses with processes involving drafts, trades, and acquisitions? Yes or No?

Is it not BB's responsibility to make sure that individual players; including Brady, play as a team? Yes or No?

If you feel that Brady, as an individual player, is solely responsible for the team's woes during playoff games - then I think that says alot about what your definition is of a team sport.

[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "solely". I've never said "solely". I said he's been a big reason why, not the only reason.  So, your lying or attempt at framing incorrectly what I have said all along, will not work.  The fact you sneakily use that word "solely" proves you're deflecting.

How can the most important position in all of sports, be handed so little accountability in the playoffs? Care to answer that one?? Hmm?

Fans like you won't even acknowledge it, as the team is COMPETITIVE, has the highest winning% since 2005, wins the division every year (not all because of Brady either), and all of this through same very nice drafting and player development by BB and the staff since 2010, in and out of the lockout.

So, you lose.

This truly all comes back to Brady and how he'll play on that January day for the Conf Title game.  He could play bad again and the D bails him out like in 2007 and 2011, but that would still mean he's played bad. Get it?

Of course BB is responsible and he's been brilliant as coach and GM through it all.  He's actually taken an unfair amount of abuse to deflect from Brady's subpar performances. Any other team with those injuries last year, and they ain't playing in the title game.

I just wish our HOF QB would at least even PRETEND like he cared about being there. Is that too much to ask for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Pressure Really On Brady: and it has been for a few years the deeper the Pats have gone in the playoffs. It's why BB selected 3 OL in the draft. Hopefully Barker, Kline, Cave and the rookie additions can push for playing time and improve the interior of the OL.

You're spot on about the pressure. Thanks for noticing this weakness BB and addressing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pressure Really On Brady: and it has been for a few years the deeper the Pats have gone in the playoffs. It's why BB selected 3 OL in the draft. Hopefully Barker, Kline, Cave and the rookie additions can push for playing time and improve the interior of the OL.

You're spot on about the pressure. Thanks for noticing this weakness BB and addressing it.

[/QUOTE]

Did he address it in 2007 and 2011, the last two times this team went to a SB and the D outplayed the offense in each postseason?

Or, did the offense just collapse because Brady's penchant for passing from the shotgun was too obsessive by Brady?

Brady was angry he didn't have weapons in 2006 like Gomer did, but that was a long time ago.

This team currently has no weaknesses once Gronk returns in the fall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did he address it in 2007 and 2011, the last two times this team went to a SB and the D outplayed the offense in each postseason?

Or, did the offense just collapse because Brady's penchant for passing from the shotgun was too obsessive by Brady?

Brady was angry he didn't have weapons in 2006 like Gomer did, but that was a long time ago.

[/QUOTE]

The OL got blown up by the Giants DL in the 07 SB. Fast forward to the recent playoff loss to the Broncos and we're looking at the same thing. Just a reminder that the Broncos played without Von Miller in that game and it was a very pathetic performance by the guys up front.

You're 100% correct. The Pressure was really on Brady. Thanks again to BB for finally attempting to address this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The OL got blown up by the Giants DL in the 07 SB. Fast forward to the recent playoff loss to the Broncos and we're looking at the same thing. Just a reminder that the Broncos played without Von Miller in that game and it was a very pathetic performance by the guys up front.

You're 100% correct. The Pressure was really on Brady. Thanks again to BB for finally attempting to address this.

[/QUOTE]

Did he address it in 2001, 2003 and 2004 when Brady wasn't awful in the title gamed or mediocre in SBs? lol

If Brady thinks he had pressure with a younger team in recent years, he's got another thing coming heading into this year with plenty of experience and talent all over the roster.

We'll see if Brady has addressed his ability to stay focused all the way through a playoff run, vs just for 1 game vs a crappy defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Okay dude, I think we've established that Brady has had some poor performances in the playoffs since 2007. Its been greatly established. 07 San Diego, 10 Jets, 11 Ravens and 12 Ravens he was very subpar to say the least. In both Superbowls, he struggled, but at least in those superbowls he left the field with the lead doing his job imo. In both SBs if we win, he gets the MVP because in 42 he would've led the GW drive and he played very good in 46.

Stop beating a gd dead horse here. This 'cupcake guild' that you speak of will never change their stance on this team or trying to change their position is pointless.

Honestly, idgaf how we win a Super Bowl, I just want another one.

But, the fact is, EVERYONE on the HASNT done their jobs for a full 60 minutes in the playoffs and that's fact. The defense let Sanchez score 28 (!!!) on them, gave up two horrible drives in the SBs and got ruined vs. Denver last year (not their fault, decimated D)... the OL has sucked in the playoffs ever since SB42, the run game becomes absolutely not exsistent in the playoffs as well, and Brady hasn't been his best.

ALL of those factors are why we haven't seen a ring. To win playoff games, the team needs to be near perfect, and the team, including Brady, hasn't been. Simple as that.

But like I said, trying to change the 'cupcake guild's' mind is pointless russ

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

We have been over why the ol and run game hasn't been great.  Shotgun spread and obsessive passing by brady.  Brady wanted it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did he address it in 2001, 2003 and 2004 when Brady wasn't awful in the title gamed or mediocre in SBs? lol

If Brady thinks he had pressure with a younger team in recent years, he's got another thing coming heading into this year with plenty of experience and talent all over the roster.

We'll see if Brady has addressed his ability to stay focused all the way through a playoff run, vs just for 1 game vs a crappy defense.

[/QUOTE]

Gronk will definitely help the offense if he can stay on the field. The bigger question is whether the possible emergence of the second year offensive linemen plus the 3 rookie additions can improve this unit enough to compete against the better defenses in the playoffs. 

OL needs help plus the receivers are questions marks at this point. The Pats can get 10 - 14 wins during the regular season because of BB and TB. When they face the better defenses in the playoffs their OL has been exposed.

BB tried to address the OL deficiencies in the recent draft to take the pressure off Brady.Thanks again to BB for trying to fix a problem that has existed since 2007.

Also good analysis by yourself for noticing the shortcomings along the OL. The pressure really has been on Brady and hopefully BB has resolved this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Um, if anything, there is LESS pressure on Brady. With the D and receiving corps looking improved, he will not feel as much pressure to not make mistakes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

We have been over why the ol and run game hasn't been great.  Shotgun spread and obsessive passing by brady.  Brady wanted it.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's stupid. BB built that shotgun spread team. He made the changes after Caldwell dropped like 100 balls in 2006 and Gaffney was their best target. BB said, well crap maybe I should get real WRs who catch balls.

If BB believed what you did, that the OL fell apart and run game sucked was because of the shotgun, than I think he would've made the change before now. He's a genius, yet he built the shotgun offense around Brady. And it's not because Brady "wanted" it. there are no public comments about brady wanting to pass more. none at all. that's all in your head. BB built the shotgun because he thought it was the best chance to win. it hasn't worked because of subpar QB play and defensive play.  

It doesn't help the defensive rebuild was a real struggle after 2007.

I don't think the shotgun is the reason the OL sucked in the playoffs. the OL just sucked. Brady hasn't been Brady. The run game is sorry. The defense isn't clutch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's stupid. BB built that shotgun spread team. He made the changes after Caldwell dropped like 100 balls in 2006 and Gaffney was their best target. BB said, well crap maybe I should get real WRs who catch balls.

If BB believed what you did, that the OL fell apart and run game sucked was because of the shotgun, than I think he would've made the change before now. He's a genius, yet he built the shotgun offense around Brady. And it's not because Brady "wanted" it. there are no public comments about brady wanting to pass more. none at all. that's all in your head. BB built the shotgun because he thought it was the best chance to win. it hasn't worked because of subpar QB play and defensive play.  

I don't think the shotgun is the reason the OL sucked in the playoffs. the OL just sucked. Brady hasn't been Brady. The run game is sorry. The defense isn't clutch.

[/QUOTE]

To shorten the bolded part: The team as a whole has not been good enough in the big games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To shorten the bolded part: The team as a whole has not been good enough in the big games.

[/QUOTE]

The offensive and defensive lines have been dominated in the Pats' recent playoff losses. Last year the DL was decimated by injuries but if healthy could be pretty darn good this year.

The OL (especially Wendell and Connolly) is still a big question mark IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

^Agree. This team has a ton of potential, particularly on the defensive side of the ball IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When your team has one of the worst defenses in the nfl (6 years and counting), the pressure really has been on Brady for some time. No more...well if only we had our starters healthy on D. No more...they are so young, of course they are going to make mistakes. This team/defense is supposed to be built for depth - that's all we hear - how we build our teams so much better, yet year after year our depth folds in big games like they were punched in the face. Because they are.

It's about time the defense helped Brady out, he deserves the same every other quarterback gets...it's been going on far too long. The entire country knows how bad our defense has been, it's too bad our village idiot doesn't understand football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The record's stuck

The record's stuck

The record's stuck