Pressure Really On Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Pressure Really On Brady

In response to Bustify's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, ghostofjri, one of the best and most respectable posters on this board, enables trolls. Seriously?

If someone has a different opinion than your own, that doesn't make them a troll, "enabler of trolls," or whatever you want to call them.

[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the sentiment… there are many really good posters here but it seems they are dwindling in numbers. Hopefully once training camp rolls around they will come back for some good insight and debate. 

As an aside it is pretty funny that Russ doesn't understand you are mocking him with your present avatar and name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

And that's a fair position, because there aren't many QBs who can be on the same level or better.  All we can ask as fans is that he finally comes in focused in the title game so we can see this team back in a SB.I mean, can you imagine if the D is great, the team is healthy and he has a 3 INT game like he had vs SD in the 2007 title game?

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about here. I can see him doing that sort of thing again until he proves me wrong. I just don't trust he understands how to play a smart game in that position since we haven't seen it since 2004.

RUSS

Thanks for admitting to us that Brady is one of the best. If you had simply offered your criticisms in a more balanced fashion while admitting that Brady is  one of the best, a lot of the arguments on this board would have been long settled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yes, ghostofjri, one of the best and most respectable posters on this board, enables trolls. Seriously?

If someone has a different opinion than your own, that doesn't make them a troll, "enabler of trolls," or whatever you want to call them.

Appreciate the sentiment… there are many really good posters here but it seems they are dwindling in numbers. Hopefully once training camp rolls around they will come back for some good insight and debate.

As an aside it is pretty funny that Russ doesn't understand you are mocking him with your present avatar and name.

I am telling him that, yet he does not listen. I do have another account here that I will reveal in time that proves I am not "Bustchise" (hint: it has over 1600 posts and I joined in 2012, but I never posted here enough to be considered a regular or have anyone remember me by username).

Agree. Guys like ATJ, digger, MB, and you are a few examples of posters I respect because you'll disagree on certain topics, but remain civil about it and not trash other people for having an opinion that is different than your own. Also, you guys are not one of the completely anti-Brady or anti-Belichick people on here...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty, for all your rantings and ravings about your perceived deficiencies you see in TB over other QBs in the league, I have yet to see you come right out and say who you would gladly replace TB with TODAY and bench TB in favor of as the new starting QB for the Pats.  And, I mean a QB that the Pats could actually acquire to replace TB TODAY.  If there is a BETTER QB than TB for the Pats now who can lead them to WIN the SB, put your money where your BS is!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, it's the elephant in the room as it has been for years.

But now, with so many moves on D to finally show why Brady's desires for all word weaponry on offense in the cap era isn't the only way to chase Gomie's stats, Brady now has to perform in the AFC Title game in 2014.

No more excuses for the Golden Boy.  Chasing stats and that being all he has cared about, is now over.

In any other situation a poorly performing highest paid athlete would have been traded by now.  The only thing keeping him here at this point is a lack of objectivity by the media and pink hats and no real solution at the position since Aaron Rodgers or Brees aren't available via trade.

The additions of larger WRs, speedier, more athletic LBs and Revis and Browner, have really put the pressure and accountability on Brady for once.

I am not sure there is anything else BB could have done at this point. He's tried everything for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Pressures is on BB to realize he is an average (at best) GM and he needs to listen to other voices on occasion. He's starting to look a little pathetic. Top 10 coach of all time(maybe 5). GM? Not so much. Brady can only save his bacon so much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Boy am I glad I missed this thread.....   More of the same trolling from the resident idio..opps, I mean expert.

Go head Mr. 152. You show these pink hats who is Boss!

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no other way to read this thread than as a damning condemnation of the Patriots' GM and coach.  If Brady is such a weak playoff performer and has been for years now as Rusty claims, then signing him recently to a guaranteed contract until he is in his forties is a terrible blunder.  Even worse is continuing to design a team around him and develop game plans that rely on his skills so heavily.  If Rusty is correct--and I'm sure he must be given how often he proclaims his superior knowledge and intellect--then there can be no other conclusion but that Bill Belichick is incompetent, both as a GM and a coach.  Rusty has said it everyone.  It must be true. Bill Belichick is a failure.  

[/QUOTE]

Best post of the year. Burger boy just doesn't understand how foolish he looks. He often makes declarations that directly contradict his overall belief...BB is infallible. I have asked the very question you posed. Is BB incompetent because he allows this over the hill piece of trash QB to continue to die in January? Burger boy has never nor will he ever answer that question. He will speak in circles.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep, it's the elephant in the room as it has been for years.

But now, with so many moves on D to finally show why Brady's desires for all word weaponry on offense in the cap era isn't the only way to chase Gomie's stats, Brady now has to perform in the AFC Title game in 2014.

No more excuses for the Golden Boy.  Chasing stats and that being all he has cared about, is now over.

In any other situation a poorly performing highest paid athlete would have been traded by now.  The only thing keeping him here at this point is a lack of objectivity by the media and pink hats and no real solution at the position since Aaron Rodgers or Brees aren't available via trade.

The additions of larger WRs, speedier, more athletic LBs and Revis and Browner, have really put the pressure and accountability on Brady for once.

I am not sure there is anything else BB could have done at this point. He's tried everything for Brady.

[/QUOTE

I know right, can't wait until we can get a QB someday who knows how to handle pressure...........(sarcasm on) What a Putz. Are you A Pats fan? I have tried not to get sucked into your vortex of stupidity but I had a few seconds today to WASTE, so there it is. I will go back to ignoring you again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

I know right, can't wait until we can get a QB someday who knows how to handle pressure...........(sarcasm on) What a Putz. Are you A Pats fan? I have tried not to get sucked into your vortex of stupidity but I had a few seconds today to WASTE, so there it is. I will go back to ignoring you again.

No, he lives in Carolina, he is a Panthers fan. This is his whole trolling agenda.  He pretends he is a Patriots fan because his Aunt dragged him away from his doll house kicking and screaming to a few Patriot games.  That's his story, anyway. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And that's a fair position, because there aren't many QBs who can be on the same level or better.  All we can ask as fans is that he finally comes in focused in the title game so we can see this team back in a SB.I mean, can you imagine if the D is great, the team is healthy and he has a 3 INT game like he had vs SD in the 2007 title game?

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about here. I can see him doing that sort of thing again until he proves me wrong. I just don't trust he understands how to play a smart game in that position since we haven't seen it since 2004.

RUSS

Thanks for admitting to us that Brady is one of the best. If you had simply offered your criticisms in a more balanced fashion while admitting that Brady is  one of the best, a lot of the arguments on this board would have been long settled.

[/QUOTE]

Well you'd think that, but when dealing with rusty that is simply not the case. This guy argues like this over on the Bruin's board - to their credit they deal with him swiftly and thoroughly embarrass him daily (kind of like here). The real problem with rusty is that he most likely is a junky - I'm thinking pain killers - it makes sense...he's home all day...probably has some sort on injury...can't hold down a job and obviously is not "all there". That's what I'd be willing to bet.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There's no other way to read this thread than as a damning condemnation of the Patriots' GM and coach.  If Brady is such a weak playoff performer and has been for years now as Rusty claims, then signing him recently to a guaranteed contract until he is in his forties is a terrible blunder.  Even worse is continuing to design a team around him and develop game plans that rely on his skills so heavily.  If Rusty is correct--and I'm sure he must be given how often he proclaims his superior knowledge and intellect--then there can be no other conclusion but that Bill Belichick is incompetent, both as a GM and a coach.  Rusty has said it everyone.  It must be true. Bill Belichick is a failure.  

[/QUOTE]

Best post of the year. Burger boy just doesn't understand how foolish he looks. He often makes declarations that directly contradict his overall belief...BB is infallible. I have asked the very question you posed. Is BB incompetent because he allows this over the hill piece of trash QB to continue to die in January? Burger boy has never nor will he ever answer that question. He will speak in circles.  

[/QUOTE]

A bit of an exaggeration Fletch, but thanks anyway . . . 

As far as Rusty goes, nothing but a stream of contortions, distortions, fictions, and contradictions . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As far as Rusty goes, nothing but a stream of contortions, distortions, fictions, and contradictions . . .

[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you're here, Pinkie, if Brady flips 2 or 3 INTs in the title game again this year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you're here, Pinkie, if Brady flips 2 or 3 INTs in the title game again this year.

[/QUOTE]

I'll ask again...if this has been going on for over a half decade why does BB allow it? Insane? Scared? 6 years is a long sample size for an all time great GM to dismiss isn't it? Could it be you are wrong? Bingo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

There is no pressure on Brady. He is a team guy, it is not up to him alone. There is pressure only on the team (to win it all).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

ProFootballFocus.com just came out with throwing numbers sorted by the number of yards in the air.

For distances of 1 to 10 yards, Peyton Manning is in first place and Tom Brady is in second place. 

Curiously, Brady's explosive, shifty receivers are always catching the football running away from tacklers, yet their YAC average is one of the NFL's worst.  I suspect a Bill Belichick strategy here. 

Every play from scrimmage earns or loses, statistically, a certain number of points.  The goal on first down is to make second down easy, because an easy second down is statistically almost a sure first down and an extra opportunity to smashmouth the defense.  The secondary goal is to pick up a first down.  The incremental value of ripping off an extra ten yards beyond the first down is nearly zero!  So, receivers have their marching orders:  catch the ball and get some positive yardage, get the first down if it's there, but then just about always prepare to go down rather than get hit and fumble.

The exception to the "go down" rule is if your team is 14 points behind, you need a touchdown fast.  That doesn't happen often in Foxboro.

Now, back to Brady.  Between 21 and 30 yards, Tom Brady is almost at the bottom of the list of 2013 NFL quarterbacks.  He can throw the ball 30 yards, and in fact his average comes back up a bit on throws beyond 30 yards.  My guess is that Brady's shoulder bothers him on those long lobs, so much that he has little control over where the ball is going.  On long bombs Brady just heaves the rock as far as he can throw and then the receiver (Dobson, Gronk, LaFell) has to run under it, push the little tiny defenders away and outleap everybody for the ball.  Worth noting:  Last year Peyton Manning couldn't lob the ball over 30 yards, ever.

It's possible that Josh McDaniels can get Brady's shoulder back on track by managing his pitch count.  Then again, Brady always was a dink-and-dunk quarterback.  I note that BB is fielding a lot of giant receivers, good targets 30 yards downfield for a lobbing quarterback.

I'd say that Peyton Manning has lost his long ball forever, as a result of his neck surgeries.  He's still the league's best dink and dunk guy.

"Pressure Really On Brady" is all relative.  Geno Smith will lose his job if he doesn't perform at his tip-top best.  Brady will make the playoffs no matter what his wife's hair stylist does to his head.  In January and February, it's partly about which team has the most injuries, and (my personal opinion) it smells like the huge playoff wagering pools are influencing who wins and by how much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

More grist from profootballfocus.com:  Brady earned PFF's #1 grade in the NFL in 2013 against a standard four backfield defenders.  However, Brady was dead last among all NFL quarterbacks in 2013 when opponents put in their dime or quarter packages.

Brady can't throw accurately for more than 20 yards, although he can toss an inaccurate wobbler 40 yards.  Further, BB's quicker than quick throwing scheme can be thwarted by double coverage or saturation coverage, which often gives defenders time to get to Brady.  When time was running low, Brady would often gun the ball into a particular spot where only his guy had an outside shot at snagging the ball.  Next, Brady had barely any talent at all on the field to throw to in 2013, mostly rookies who too often ran the wrong routes.  Finally, without Gronk's run-blocking, opponents didn't respect the running game on third and 10, or sometimes on third and 5.

In 2014, an experienced and healthy Dobson and LaFell can be downfield outleaping and outbumping defenders so that Brady can toss the occasional wobbly bomb and stretch the field.  Gronk returning will really help.  No rookies!  Having Amendola on the field helps -- I have my suspicions that Amendola was "injury prone" in St. Louis because he had the wrong quarterback leading him straight into linebackers and there wasn't any other offense at all on the field.  An upgrade in the middle of the O-line, or at least some depth, would help against the pass rush.  A better O-line push would also force defenses to defend against the run and go with four backfielders, which is a choose your poison kind of problem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This might be the first season the pressure is off him. No one can ever complain about Brady after him single handedly take a team to the Super Bowl just to watch the defense not be able to get off the field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This might be the first season the pressure is off him. No one can ever complain about Brady after him single handedly take a team to the Super Bowl just to watch the defense not be able to get off the field.

[/QUOTE]

Baloney.  He was spoiled to the moon and back in 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012 on offense.  

BB has basically said "Tom, I've tried it all for you, with this D, you have no more excuses.."

If Brady was to let the franchise down again in January, this board will implode.  Maybe pressure isn't the right word, but expectations are at an all time high.

No more excuses for Brady This club is loaded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More grist from profootballfocus.com:  Brady earned PFF's #1 grade in the NFL in 2013 against a standard four backfield defenders.  However, Brady was dead last among all NFL quarterbacks in 2013 when opponents put in their dime or quarter packages.

Brady can't throw accurately for more than 20 yards, although he can toss an inaccurate wobbler 40 yards.  Further, BB's quicker than quick throwing scheme can be thwarted by double coverage or saturation coverage, which often gives defenders time to get to Brady.  When time was running low, Brady would often gun the ball into a particular spot where only his guy had an outside shot at snagging the ball.  Next, Brady had barely any talent at all on the field to throw to in 2013, mostly rookies who too often ran the wrong routes.  Finally, without Gronk's run-blocking, opponents didn't respect the running game on third and 10, or sometimes on third and 5.

In 2014, an experienced and healthy Dobson and LaFell can be downfield outleaping and outbumping defenders so that Brady can toss the occasional wobbly bomb and stretch the field.  Gronk returning will really help.  No rookies!  Having Amendola on the field helps -- I have my suspicions that Amendola was "injury prone" in St. Louis because he had the wrong quarterback leading him straight into linebackers and there wasn't any other offense at all on the field.  An upgrade in the middle of the O-line, or at least some depth, would help against the pass rush.  A better O-line push would also force defenses to defend against the run and go with four backfielders, which is a choose your poison kind of problem.

[/QUOTE]

I highlighted the disturbing part. Very telling..It's because he's inaccurate deep and to the weak side. There have been other rumblings about this in other articles too, but thanks for posting.

I might add Dobson and Thompkins were as or more impressive than Branch and Givens's 2002 rookie year. To say there was no talent at WR last year is a joke. It may not have been experience or elite, but there is nothing wrong with the talent on that field.

We know what Edelman and Amendola are capable of and Thompkins, Dobson, etc, are well on schedule as younger players trending up in the system.

By midseason, Brady had plenty of options in the air with Gronk back.

Enough with this lack of talent stupidity every flippin' season.  Just because they don't have SB rings or aren't All Pro doesn't mean they aren't talented.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I understand. I just choose to not play into a moron's game.  The good posters are dwindling because idiots enable trolls.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I understand. I just choose to not play into a moron's game.  The good posters are dwindling because idiots enable trolls.

[/QUOTE]

but according to you, I am one and you answer my posts all the time. Enabling much? Hypocritical much?

'tears'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but according to you, I am one and you answer my posts all the time. Enabling much? Hypocritical much?

'tears'

[/QUOTE]

Umm, what I do to you here is not enabling. It's called bludgeoning you for all to see.  You're a sociopath who enjoys a good beating, apparently. That's your problem, Bustchise.

Tell us again how you aren't Bustchise, too. LOL

I love it when you try to hide even though it's obvious and then you become unglued, exposing another one of your open board names.

Priceless to watch such a sociopath.  It's umnomfortable watching others not see you as Bustchise, though, admittedly so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

The fact that you actually think Brady is a primmadonna is just ridiculous. Will you ever realize that the vast majority of this board sees you as a joke?