PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL

I would start with ben "i did not rape that woman" roethlisberger since he has the last ring, was the MVP and actually went out and won the darn thing in brady-like fashion. i would also put kurt "my second fave QB" warner up there since he's a gunslinger with even more serious gunslinging options this year. philip "cry me a " rivers should also b in the discussion for he has made the most strides of any QB of late and still one of the best upsides. he's a leader and his team wins in the regular season. drew "ocean" brees must b included too for he leads the most prolific passing team in the NFC and perhaps in the entire NFL. 

wildcards to me would include old man favre who proved 2 years ago and up to 10 games last year that he could stilll bring it when healthy, and michael "the beagle's eagle" vick, who proved in his previous incarnation that he could b single-handedly dominant in his own unique QB-athlete way. he's the ultimate wildcard and wildcat. its only a matter of time before donovan "i often hate the clutch" mcnabb goes down with some injury or he is ultimately benched for poor play like last year. then again, with vik breathg down his neck, mcnabb could finally put it all together. chad "i still throw like a girl" pennington is very underrated but could have his greatest season yet, now that he has a year under his belt in miami. matt "i avoid all dogs" ryan could be even better than last year now that he has tony gonzalez and some other weapons around him. carson "85 go long and u 2 henry" palmer was widely viewed as the third best guy before the injuries started to mount. if protected and he is fully healthy, he could get back up there. tony "the former mr. jessica" romo (the romosexual) could get back up there also if he is in fact happier and looser now that TO the chemistry annihilator is out. eli "the other" manning (third best QB in his own family) is just a winner and could get statistically better and a bit more accurate now that he is transitiong into his prime years. also, jay "veal" cutler and aaron "mister" rodgers could b in the mix due their pure passing skillsets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bguy. Show bguy's posts

Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO IWILL BE #3? POLL

Not even close. Just look up the stats for the last few years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL

The top-15 QBs in the NFL

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Donavan McNabb
    Philip Rivers
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Hasselback
    Carson Palmer
    Tony Romo
    Jay Cutler
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Jason Campbell
    Ben Roethlisberger

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL

I think Beanie Wells is going to have a huge year as a running back for Arizona, making Warner's job a whole lot easier. He's not the 3rd best QB, but he has 2 of the 5 best wide receivers, and Beanie can catch out of the backfield as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

Brees hasn't won anything, so I've gotta go with Big Ben.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

My choice for 3rd would be Brees. Take Big Ben out of Pitt and he wouldn't be the same QB...he'd be more of a journeyman type.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

Brees is the best QB, Rothleisberger has a better team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I have to say Warner. I'm not depending solely on stats, I also am considering the team around these guys. Football being a team sport, success cannot be measured in individual stats. Drew Brees is probably the best at putting up numbers, but that doesn't make him the "best". The same with Rivers. He would be right behind Brees if stats were the only consideration. I chose Warner because he has the experience and leadership to compliment his skills. He also has arguably the best receiving corps in the league. And as much as I don't like the guy, Roethlisberger would be a close #4. Sure, he doesn't have to throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs for the Steelers to win, but he seems to have mastered the clutch plays. Pittsburgh won a lot of close games last season, the SB included, and it was Ben who managed to clinch the deal in the last drives. That team reminded me of the 03 and 04 Patriots. When push came to shove, they knew how to win a game late. Guys like Favre, Romo, and Vick do not even belong in this list, IMO. McNabb is good, but he seems to have problems in the big games. I suppose you could say the same about Peyton Manning. Eli is on the "TBD" list, I want to see how he'll do now that Plax is truly gone. He looked rather shaky the end of last season. I'm also wondering how well Aaron Rodgers will do if he gets a healthy defense on the other side of the ball. GB is my pick for that division if they stay healthy. I'm interested, too, in Matt Ryan. Will he have a "sophomore slump", or go on to win it all like Big Ben did in his second season? His experience from 08, and the addition of Gonzo makes him a guy to watch this year. I notice most people picked Brees in the poll. But despite his impressive numbers, I still don't see the intangibles, or enough consistency to put him among the "elite".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

In Response to Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL:
    The top-15 QBs in the NFL Tom Brady Peyton Manning Drew Brees Donavan McNabb Philip Rivers Aaron Rodgers Matt Hasselback Carson Palmer Tony Romo Jay Cutler Matt Ryan Joe Flacco Eli Manning Jason Campbell Ben Roethlisberger
    Posted by 49Patriots
    r u seriously putting jason campbell anywhere near big ben or even on a top 30 list? matt hasselbeck? your top 6 makes some sense. if u boot out campbell and hasselbeck, the rest of the sequence could make logical sense to most, although i would put big ben much higher (like #3) and demote mcnabb a bit and find a place for warner. but thats just me. i appreciate you sharing your opinion perhaps we should all follow your lead so here is my top 10:

1. brady, 2. peyton, 3. big ben, 4. philip rivers, 5. kurt warner, 6. drew brees, 7. matt ryan, 8. donovan mcnabb, 9. eli, 10. bret favre

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Big Ben is number three for the same reason I place Brady above Manning, post-season winning.  I know I know this is a team sport and if you look up team sport in the dictionary there is a picture of a football....   Still, Ben has proven to be a winner.  He's been a winner since his joined the league.

As for 4th, I'm torn between Warner and Brees.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Its Brees for shure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL:
    Big Ben is number three for the same reason I place Brady above Manning, post-season winning.  I know I know this is a team sport and if you look up team sport in the dictionary there is a picture of a football....   Still, Ben has proven to be a winner.  He's been a winner since his joined the league. As for 4th, I'm torn between Warner and Brees.  
    Posted by carawaydj
    well, if its all about winning, shouldnt warner get the nod over brees? he has gone to the big dance three times, winning one while taking home the MVP award. has brees even made it to the playoffs? or played in one? to me, that would b the tiebreaker!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL : r u seriously putting jason campbell anywhere near big ben or even on a top 30 list? matt hasselbeck? your top 6 makes some sense. if u boot out campbell and hasselbeck, the rest of the sequence could make logical sense to most, although i would put big ben much higher (like #3) and demote mcnabb a bit and find a place for warner. but thats just me. i appreciate you sharing your opinion perhaps we should all follow your lead so here is my top 10: 1. brady, 2. peyton, 3. big ben, 4. philip rivers, 5. kurt warner, 6. drew brees, 7. matt ryan, 8. donovan mcnabb, 9. eli, 10. bret favre
    Posted by communistmoderator

No, Roethlisberger isn't a top ten QB. The Steelers don't win with his arm, they win with Defense and Running.  Warner is a great QB but he is 38. I won't put him over younger guys. McNabb is the best QB in the NFC, he can run on you and he can put the ball where you want it.  Ryan had a good freshman year but let's see how he performs in his sophmore year. Eli is another average QB, his big bro made the Manning name and now all the Mannings are suppose to be good. I won't even answer you about 22-22 Farve. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

In Response to Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL : No, Roethlisberger isn't a top ten QB. The Steelers don't win with his arm, they win with Defense and Running.  Warner is a great QB but he is 38. I won't put him over younger guys. McNabb is the best QB in the NFC, he can run on you and he can put the ball where you want it.  Ryan had a good freshman year but let's see how he performs in his sophmore year. Eli is another average QB, his big bro made the Manning name and now all the Mannings are suppose to be good. I won't even answer you about 22-22 Farve. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    well, dont b surprised to c mr. 22-22 favre  competing for a super bowl appearance versus the eagles come january! he is the difference maker barring injury. also, y do i have this feelg that at some point, vick is going to come in to run the wildcat, have mcnabb split wide, and then  intentionally throw him a high and tight spiral just as an adelius thomas type or 3 are closing in on mcnabb.... "sorry coach, i just didnt c them", as mcnabb is carted away. enter the vik era. thats how i envision it happening! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: PRESUMING BRADY AND PEYTON ARE STILL THE TWO BEST QBS (IN THAT ORDER), WHO WILL BE #3? POLL : No, Roethlisberger isn't a top ten QB. The Steelers don't win with his arm, they win with Defense and Running.  Warner is a great QB but he is 38. I won't put him over younger guys. McNabb is the best QB in the NFC, he can run on you and he can put the ball where you want it.  Ryan had a good freshman year but let's see how he performs in his sophmore year. Eli is another average QB, his big bro made the Manning name and now all the Mannings are suppose to be good. I won't even answer you about 22-22 Farve. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Prior to 2007, Brady didn't put up the big numbers.  We also had a running game and a pretty good defense when we won our SB's.  That said, we all know what Brady contributed.  Brady is a winner.  He finds a way to win when it matters most.  Ben is also a winner.  I'm not sure how you can say he isn't a top 10 QB.  He's had a great career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

I have to agree with 49Patriots on this one. The Steelers aren't the type of team that can usually win if it comes down to a shoot-out of QB's. He's good at the medium passes and scrambling away from a rush, and getting rid of the ball, but
    his long ball skills have alot to be desired! He's probably the perfect QB for the Steelers type of offense, but put him on New Orleans and he's no where close to Drew Brees. In my opinion, if the Chargers would have kept Drew Brees, they would have been a handful too handle the past few years (Even with Norv Turner as the helm) I'm not knocking Phillip Rivers, I just think Brees is a fantastic QB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSQB12. Show PATSQB12's posts

Big Benny Hand's down.... He's a big strong hard to bring down SOB. Just think what he could do if his O-Line would would give him more time? I may even put at #2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger is the 3rd and 4th best QB in the league, respectively.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

Big Ben is #3 because he is a winner and he has 2 rings.  Although he was lucky to win the 1st SB ring, he did play exceptionally well to reach the SB.  His performance to win the 2nd SB ring was also exceptional.  Not many QB's could have executed the final series the way he did.  Just because he plays for the Steelers does not mean he owes his success to the defense.  Does Brady owe all of his success to the Patriot defense?  How can he not be in the top 10?  I hate the Steelers, but I give credit when credit is due.  Big Ben is a great QB with very poor judgment away from the gridiron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I went with Drew Brees he's a pure gunslinger!I have 5 different fantasy teams and the only top QB I didn't get was Drew Brees (and Peyton,but for I can't stand him reasons),when I drafted he was my 3rd choice on all of my prep lists right behind Tom and Kurt Warner(great recieving corps,sometimes its not about the QB),unfortunately I didn't get him but I did get Tom in 4 leagues!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Did anyone watch bret favre last night? barring injury, this could very well be his BEST season ever. he has a beast in a running back, he is supermotivated, he has something to prove, must get atleast to the NFC finals to justify the move to minny, and he knows the system inside-out. when this guy is on and using the kind of judgment he showed last night, there are few better or more exciting to watch. did u see that chopblock? he can now be the roethlisberger of the NFC. do u think that huge running lane would have been there to start the game had tavaris jakson been the QB? favre still gets respect. the zip is bak on his fastball, and he has that bounce once again. he WIL be the difference maker in minny! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Did anyone watch bret favre last night? barring injury, this could be very well be his BEST season ever. he has a beast in a running back, he is supermotivated, he has something to prove, must get atleast to the NFC finals to justify the move to minny, and he knows the system inside-out. when this guy is on and using the kind of judgment he showed last night, there are few better or more exciting to watch. did u see that chopblock? he can now be the roethlisberger of the NFC. do u think that huge running lane would have been there to start the game had tavaris jakson been the QB? favre still gets respect. the zip is bak on his fastball, and he has that bounce once again. he WIL be the difference maker in minny! 
    Posted by bubbakilla

Oh yeah, I can see Favre leading a miraculous drive down the field to win the game.  I can see him at the 18 YD line going deep for the go ahead TD when SWOOP, he gets intercepted.  The Vikings lose.  I like Favre, and the Vikings have a decent roster, but I'm not ready to say they're the team to beat in the NFC.  In the NFC however, who knows.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The reason why I have Tom over Peyton is simple, Peyton has had great WRs around him since he entered the NFL. In 2007, we saw what Tom can do with a good corps of recivers. 

I won't put Big Ben or Sheli in the top 10 for one simple reason, 

Big Ben has thrown over 20 INTs in a single season and only thrown a 25+ TD season once in his career. 

Eli has thrown 20 INTs but never even hit the quarter mark in TDs.

Sections
Shortcuts