PRICE??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: PRICE??

solid.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

When he made his second reception by going high and bringing the ball down, all I saw was the 7 and I thought it was Gronk. Impressive. As I recall he absorbed a couple of decent hits and held on to the ball.

The best thing was that he showed good moves when the camera isolated him getting off the line.  Getting off the jam was his problem in preseason.

Overall, for a limited sample size, I think Price did well and showed improvement, but I am sure that someone will come along to tell us once again that he was a waste of a draft pick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Patsfansince1966 - YOU must be 10 years old.  Edelman was excellent last year.  He is a little experience from being as good as Welker, and a better open field runner.  Where do you get these crazy ideas he stinks.  If not for Branch coming here, Edelman gets a lot of playing time.

You are older, Iknow and you are like a 3 year old with that comment, like you never saw him play brilliantly last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was definately one of those who was concerned about his production on the field which had been non-exsistant up until this game. I'll give the kid credit and I'll eat crow for my questioning his learning curve. I still have to see him on the field more than just 1/2 of one game but it was a good performance on his part as he was targeted 4 times and caught 3 passes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I saw from Taylor Price yesterday: quick moves, fast, good hands, went up for the ball, took a shot and held on.  He did exactly what BB likes to see:  given a chance and showed what he can do.  I like the kid and think he has good skills and a tremendous upside. 

With respect to Edelman: Showed again why he's still on the squad.  Fast, tough, strong.  Impressive RAK.  That was a tremendous punt return.

Like the team's depth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Price almost broke one.  If he had gotten one more step on the last guy, he'd be catching a lot of buzz today. 

He could play now but there are giants in front of him.  He'll blossom next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Saw nothing to discourage me.  Same with Edelman, who looked like the shifty guy from last year.  All these young guys need is a chance to produce but they have a few pretty good guys ahead of them in Welker and Branch.  Not sure where Price projects, but Edelman is definitely a slot guy.  Looks like Price could give Tate a run for some time next year.      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So I guess he's not a bust after all, it's a good thing we let him catch a pass in a real game before the whiners here ran him off...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think the tools scrambling to look for a scapegoat in Edelman and Price, were exposed badly, yet again.

I don't know why the Irrationals continue doing it, but they do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

First: 10/19/2010
    Last: 1/3/2011
    I think the tools scrambling to look for a scapegoat in Edelman and Price, were exposed badly, yet again.

lol and you cant make this stuff up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Very impressed with Price and Edelman, even Taylor looked good not going down @ first contact. I know they were way up yesterday, But it looked to me like Brady,Tate,Price,Edelman,Gronk,Crump,and Taylor could beat half the teams in the league. Hoyer showed why he's been the ONLY backup needed also. Again I know they were playing with a lead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I thought Price looked perfectly adequate for where he is on the depth chart.

Isn't anybody gonna mention Tate laying out for that bomb from Hoyer?

I've been waiting for him to show us something like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Price not getting much playing time this year was purely a numbers game.  Not just because of the WRs in front of him on the depth chart, but other positions on the roster as well.  Belichick wasn't going to activate Price for a gameday 45 roster if he could only put him on the field for a handful of plays.  With the depleted depth at other positions(D-line/LB), suiting-up Price was a luxury Belichick couldn't afford.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think he looked pretty good for his first game. Hope he sees more action in the playoffs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: PRICE??:
    BBReigns Posts: 2916 First: 10/19/2010 Last: 1/3/2011 I think the tools scrambling to look for a scapegoat in Edelman and Price, were exposed badly, yet again. I don't know why the Irrationals continue doing it, but they do. I think the tools scrambling to look for a scapegoat in Edelman and Price, were exposed badly, yet again. I don't know why the Irrationals continue doing it, but they do. lol and you cant make this stuff up.
    Posted by Philskiw

It's amazing, isn't it?

They'll now move on to trying to spin Shayne Graham as the worst kicker in the NFL because he doesn't generate enough touchbacks.

We should make a list of Pats players whom Irrationals will now focus on with Edelman and Price checked off the list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Ah yes the kicker. The Bengals wished they kept him. He was their leading scorer for years. I don't know why theres any talk of cutting anyone. What we got is what we play with. I'd say its good enough for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

For is first regular season game suited up I liked what I saw. Started out with a solid game which he can hopefully build a good career on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Too early to measure him for canton, but he did great for his first game !

I am loving it - great group of young players on both sides of the ball, one of the (if not THE) greatest coach in the history of NFL coaching them, 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, the future looks BRIGHT !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Solid performance, he can only improve.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I still think the Pats will sign James Jones from Green Bay.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Patriots will NOT be signing any FA wideouts this season. Tate/Price/Edelman/Hernandez/Gronkowski progressing? WR is not a need right now. Not even close.
    The secondary surprisingly seems settled now. As in, this secondary could turn into a beast for years to come. My guess is that Butler or Arrington will emerge big time this offseason. Chung will only get better, and McCourty, well.....even if he stays the same, he'll still be great. The inside LB position is as solid as a rock. Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher is looking really good (all 25 and under). Cunningham looks like he can easily develop into the guy that we need at OLB. Provides good enough physical play to stop the run, but also has great burst and looks like he'll be able to develop into a 10 sack/year guy. They just need one more OLB that they can depend on for a long time. It would have been nice if they could have grabbed Koa Misi, but I think Cunningham plays the run better.
    Brace/Pryor/Deaderick are OK, and Ty Warren will be back soon, but we really need a BEAST DE like Seymour. If they could get that, it would really solidify the defense. While they're doing fine without him, he did a lot of things that didn't go on the stat sheet, and dictated a lot of double teams, forced teams to run the ball the other way into the Mike LB (in this case, Spikes).
    While I LOVED Bruschi for his clutch plays, heart and leadership, his skillset doesn't come close to Mayo. If they had Seymour and Wilfork in their prime, and Mayo in his prime, the run defense would be stout. Put Spikes on top of that? Lights out. And it helps them to play the run knowing that they have a dependable run defense safety (Chung) behind them.
    I don't think people are realizing how far along this defense has come. They don't have a feared pass rusher: True. But they have lots of DIFFERENT guys stepping up and hurrying throws this year. They are playing true team defense this year, which I've truly missed the past two years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You know what I love most?
    I'm talking about this team like there are only bright days ahead.
    Sun is shining

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats won't go after a reciever....they are stocked with talent....Pats like great route runners with quick bursts & sure hand...I think they got that in abundance...I see a DE & O-line as their priority with maybe another DB in the mix....they will pick up a RB to compliment BJGE, Woody & the passing game with a proven vet...someone like Pieere Thomas or Ronnie Brown...maybe even a monster like Brandon Jacobs to pond defenses into submission late in games as well as when the weather turns nasty

Sections
Shortcuts