Priceless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Priceless

Fenway park with my family of 7 Friday night $1722
    Sunday at the Pats home opener for 5         $1500
    Hotel stay in Boston for three nights            $1900

Getting to enjoy a weekend with the family watching our favorite teams..... Priceless!

We are driving up from VA for the weekend. What should we do on Saturday in Boston? Ideas?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Priceless

Thats funny, Im going out to Va on Saturday for my cousins wedding.

Im going to VA beach area...can you help with tips on where to go to party?  I know of a little spot on Atlantic ave...thats it

As far as your stay here, you seem to have an action packed lineup and you probably just need to do something free maybe around downtown.. Family of 7?  maybe go to the museum or something

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

You may want to look into going to the Aquarium.That's usually a good family outing.
      Also,you might want to look into doing the tour of Fenway Park before the game.It's interesting and inexpensive:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp

By the way,I'm also going to Virginia to visit my Daughter,Grand daughter and Son in law in  Charlottesville in a couple of weeks.We'll probably go to a UVA game because they have season tickets.

Here's a link to the Aquarium website:

http://www.neaq.org/index.php

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thanks mojo, I wanted to say the Aquarium too, but couldnt think of the dam name...so I said museum...Dont know if its free tho'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would go sailing. But that is just me.

For others... depends what you like: places to eat, museums, historical sites... If you are a Sox fan I find it fun to go to some of the souvenir shops right outside Fenway. In Foxboro there is the Pro shop at the stadium.

There is the Duck tours (land and water tour around parts of Boston).

No more Red Light district (where Jay Leno got his early experience as a stand up comic).

You could take in a high school or college football game...

There might be a good live concert in the area...

You could hang out in Harvard Square in Cambridge...

You could get online and post here all day..................l

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Wow.  I don't feel as bad about spending $600 on a new bike now.  I don't have kids so I can't really offer much in the way of family activities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wea u staying at ? The TAJ in Boston!!!  jeesh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I thought this was going to be a thread about the missing Taylor Price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Priceless:
    Thats funny, Im going out to Va on Saturday for my cousins wedding. Im going to VA beach area...can you help with tips on where to go to party?  I know of a little spot on Atlantic ave...thats it As far as your stay here, you seem to have an action packed lineup and you probably just need to do something free maybe around downtown.. Family of 7?  maybe go to the museum or something
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Hey Jay, I go to school down here in the VA Beach area. I know of some great places for nightlife but would not be suitable for a family of 7. You can never go wrong with going to the beach. It's either hit or miss down here though. If you stay near the Boardwalk along Pacific Avenue, it's gorgeous. Just don't stray too far away from the boardwalk because it gets dirty/ghetto from there. I've also heard great reviews about the acquarium but I don't believe it's free. Unfortunately, i don't believe the weather is going to cooperate this weekend unlike the past few weeks. It hasn't dropped a degree below 85 all year but this weekend is supposedly going to drop into the 70's with rain. Either way, have a great trip man!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I would say the aquarium is a great idea granted 7 people doesn't mean you, your wife, and 5 little kids haha...

You might have trouble keeping an eye on all of them if that's the case...

But the Boston aquarium is pretty sick...

Plus, it's a great location right on the water and right by some nice restaurants as well...

So aquarium would be my vote...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

could go both ways....Im starting to worry about if this kid will be redshirted again...Im happy that the offense is funtioning w/out him, but on the other hand he was a 3rd rd pick who came from a pedestrian offense that didnt pass the ball.  So I will give him a year to learn...but if turns to 2 years then its a bad pick...but I see the talent there...so who knows...outside the slant route, not sure what else he can run.  I guess I appreciate Bill trying to find diamonds in the rough and come out like a genius..but wouldnt it be easier to just draft a guy a bit more proven from a pro-style offense.

I like the kid, but he needs to see the field....I have haunting memories of drafted wideouts going back to P.K. Sam!!!  after finding gems Branch and Givens in 02', we have Chad, Bethel, Tate and now Price...who looks better then the rest....but no results on field yet...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Priceless:
    Fenway park with my family of 7 Friday night $1722 Sunday at the Pats home opener for 5         $1500 Hotel stay in Boston for three nights            $1900 Getting to enjoy a weekend with the family watching our favorite teams..... Priceless! We are driving up from VA for the weekend. What should we do on Saturday in Boston? Ideas?
    Posted by thehub

At least you're helping the economy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I thought this was going to be a thread about the missing Taylor Price.
    Posted by apdynasty23

LOL, me too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

You may want to look into going to the Aquarium.That's usually a good family outing.   Also,you might want to look into doing the tour of Fenway Park before the game.It's interesting and inexpensive:   http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp   By the way,I'm also going to Virginia to visit my Daughter,Grand daughter and Son in law in  Charlottesville in a couple of weeks.We'll probably go to a UVA game because they have season tickets. Here's a link to the Aquarium website: http://www.neaq.org/index.php
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Thank you....I checked out the tour at Fenway. We may do that.

Aquarium is a must with my kids.

Thanks for the post and enjoy the UVA game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Thats funny, Im going out to Va on Saturday for my cousins wedding. Im going to VA beach area...can you help with tips on where to go to party?  I know of a little spot on Atlantic ave...thats it As far as your stay here, you seem to have an action packed lineup and you probably just need to do something free maybe around downtown.. Family of 7?  maybe go to the museum or something
    Posted by JayShizzle45

There is a hotel, Hilton I think that has a top deck pool / bar that rocks at night. Check it out. Very cool place right on the beach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thanks man, enjoy the games and your stay here!!!

Go Pats!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

You've gotta go hit up Mike's pastries in the north end and fanuel hall is pretty dope as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

The Museum of Science might be a good option.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

Science museum or children's museum depending on how old the kids are.  If you been to some of the better aquariums in the country, the NE aquarium will be a dissapointment imo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Priceless:
    Fenway park with my family of 7 Friday night $1722 Sunday at the Pats home opener for 5         $1500 Hotel stay in Boston for three nights            $1900 Getting to enjoy a weekend with the family watching our favorite teams..... Priceless! We are driving up from VA for the weekend. What should we do on Saturday in Boston? Ideas?
    Posted by thehub

I pity you having to pay that kind of dough to watch the Dead Sox this weekend.

Thank God they won two World Series during my lifetime, otherwise I'd be heading for The Ledge this morning.

To be fair, the injuries over the last 3 weeks have been ridiculous, but still, there appears to be no "fight" in them right now either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMan. Show RonMan's posts

If the weather co-operates, Boston is a great walking city.  If you are staying near Kenmore Square, walk down Newberry (shops, outdoor restaurants, pretty women) to the Public Gardens (swan boats may still be operating) to Boston Common, up into Beacon Hill and Jackson Square, down to Charles Street, then across to the pathways along the Charles River, which will take you back to your hotel, preferably along Commonwealth Avenue for the last bit.  This will be about a two hour stroll, but you won't be sorry you did it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

how did you manage to spend 1700  on 7 tickets to a regular season sox game?

Sections
Shortcuts