primary target for day 1 of URFA

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: primary target for day 1 of URFA

Ray Edwards

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That might be the case King as we're both only going under rumors at this point. Even if they were do you honestly believe another team would give either BJGE or Arrington more then the tender offer the Pats made. Sure they'd give them more years but the Pats wouldn't mind offering them 3-4 yrs at an average slightly above their tenders per yr I'm sure. It's just hard to believe BJGE or Arrington would command large dollars on the FA market given the other available RB's and CB's hitting the market

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

For URFA -

The primary target should be Santonio Holmes! 

He would be our #1 WR - no doubt and he IS the best player in URFA right now! (Plus taking a player OFF the Jets and adding him here).....Should be #1 target on Pats URFA board.   

I know we talk about the defense and how they should go there which I agree but he would make the biggest IMPACT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sign Mankins already!!....Protecting #12 is priority ONE!!
    Sign BJGE...1,000 yard rusher and doesn't fumble....no brainer!!
    Matt Light....buh-bye....over-rated and getting old.
    OLB....see what you can get...but dont over pay. Remember what happened when we spent big $$ on Adalius Thomas?
    Please, please, please DO NOT sign Moss...that run is over!!

We are in pretty good shape!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Here's great article of the Pats and free agency..I like thier choices very realistic http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/content/new-england-patriots-and-free-agency

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Where not going 2 get nobody great!!!!! Kraft ant going 2 spend a dime on a #1 WR thats great... Where not going 2 get a great #2 WR eather... All were going 2 get is over the hill players that have had there best playing days past them like ocho cinkco or Don tay Stallworth who had 6 catches last yr.
     On D all will get is Matt Roth, who blows!!! Thats who will get... So keep your PIPE DREAMS 2 yourself...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kings right Z, Arrington is a exclusive rights FA (ERFA) because he has less then 2 full years under his belt.

How it works is if you have less then 2 yrs accrued experience you are a ERFA which means if a team puts in a min offer to him they can only sign with their prior team. ERFA's are rare and usually if a team is willing to put in an offer then it's usually leverage used to get a 2-3yr contract done.

RFA's are those with less then 4 yrs of accrued

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like Sims-Walker too. I'd be happy to take either him or my preferred guy for WR right now is Floyd. But honestly WR is second priority in FA for me after OLB. So if Roth or Lawson want a little extra which means they can't go after Sims-Walker or Floyd I'd take OLB ahead of WR.

The other thing to think about is that teams are going to cut a bunch of Vets by Aug 2nd. If you can save some cash on grabbing a Ochocinco for a couple years to sign depth at OLB and OL I'd take that route first. But that all depends on how you feel about Tate and Price. I'm not very high on Tate (my gut tells me if you have the drops early you're going to have them throughout your career), but the Pats seem to really like Price. The flashes he showed in little play has given me hope he could develop into a Sims-Walker or Floyd type of player but it might take another year or two which is where Ochocinco for a couple years would be key. The real wild-card at this point is Edelman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Let Mankins and Light walk....it shouldnt be a problem, Brady can throw from the seat of his pants, cant he??  (that was a joke, I think they need to sign either Light of Mankins, but not nec. both).
    I would prefer Mankins, but I just see them paying top dollar for a guard, since they tend to play musical chairs with the OL anyways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Also....and forgive my spelling as I am lazy..
    Vollmer and Solderer at the two tackle spots....those two guys are HUGE....I cant think of another team with both tackles being that massive...my only question is can Solderer move his feet?  I know he was a tight end but OL footwork requires more lateral and back pedal footwork....tight end requires running patterns....is it the same type of footwork?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Hate to be pessimistic, but I truly see Light moving on, as well as Mankins. I actually think Mankins would leave the Pats if offered the same deal elsewhere...seems it is really personal to him.

With that in mind, Baas from SF could be a target, as well as some UDFA like Tim Barnes from Missouri. Need some more bodies on the OL.

We need some bodies for OLB, as well. BB might not want to spend the $, but they are one or two injuries away (assuming TBC can't play soon) from calling Troy Brown to see if he can play OLB too.

Maybe Matt Roth plus another journeyman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Here is a good article on the Pats and free agency
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/content/new-england-patriots-and-free-agency

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

My choice would be either of the two Atlanta F.A. guards,Dahl or Blalock or Gallery from Oakland.Some question whether or not they need a guard with Mankins,Connolly and hopefully Cannon.Well,I sure am not convinced that the Pats and Mankins can bury the hatchett and not in each other's back.I believe it's better than 75% that he gets dealt,and sooner rather than later,but the best FA move the Patriots could make is to make peace and re-sign Mankins if possible,which may not be a realistic possibility.The redskins OT,who they played on the right side but who is best on the left side would be the men I'd be after is Light goes.Brown would very solid at left tackle on both the pass and run while keeping Vollmer on the right side,GIving Solder time to learn and grow(literally,he could use the strength anothert 15-20 pounds would provide).  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

damn herzlich was signed. lets get mayos bro, ricardo lockett,  and dane sanzenbacher.

for URFA lets go after:
     roth (browns), manny lawson (yep he's not restricted anymore!), donte whitner(bills), Chinedum Ndukwe(bengals), eric wright (browns), jarvis green (texans), kirk morrison (JAX), mike sims walker (JAX), ellis (jets), brad smith (jets), robert gallery (oakland), david Baas (49ers), carlos rogers (washington), santana moss (washington)

chad johnson when he gets cut.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Thanks for site.  Fun to watch signings...fun to watch any NFL transactions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lockett went to Sea sorry nate

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

dam i wanted him. maybe david mims?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

JAGS going heavy in UDFA, kinda surprising really considering how much under the cap they are. I'd figure they try to fill their roster with 1 yr big contracts on low to mid tier players and some top talent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I think everyone is more or less on the same page here. OLB , OL , WR are all big priorities. Im always nervous when it comes to signing OLB , draft , trade , fa etc. such a hit or miss position. I remember 2 years ago when everyone on this board was screaming that we take Jerry Hughes or whoever in that draft. I really didnt like anyone at OLB coming out of that draft and am very glad we didnt go bust there. That said this team just cant go through the motions at that spot anymore. Its time we bring in someone that other teams have to game plan for. It would be an absolute shame if we had a healthy TY , Bodden and rest of starting D back with no pass rush to go with it. We have some true studs playing on that side of the ball , 'Fork , Mayo , Ty , Spikes , Bodden and DMC would all benifit greatly from someone flying off the edge with purpose. I know nobody wants to hear this but if we can trade for Thomas , why cant we trade for a more proven , feared OLB? Hes a 26 y/o every down backer' who would add some much needed toughness to our D. Good thing for us there are better FA WR's out there.

Sections
Shortcuts