primary target for day 1 of URFA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Re: primary target for day 1 of URFA

Thanks for site.  Fun to watch signings...fun to watch any NFL transactions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lockett went to Sea sorry nate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

dam i wanted him. maybe david mims?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

JAGS going heavy in UDFA, kinda surprising really considering how much under the cap they are. I'd figure they try to fill their roster with 1 yr big contracts on low to mid tier players and some top talent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I think everyone is more or less on the same page here. OLB , OL , WR are all big priorities. Im always nervous when it comes to signing OLB , draft , trade , fa etc. such a hit or miss position. I remember 2 years ago when everyone on this board was screaming that we take Jerry Hughes or whoever in that draft. I really didnt like anyone at OLB coming out of that draft and am very glad we didnt go bust there. That said this team just cant go through the motions at that spot anymore. Its time we bring in someone that other teams have to game plan for. It would be an absolute shame if we had a healthy TY , Bodden and rest of starting D back with no pass rush to go with it. We have some true studs playing on that side of the ball , 'Fork , Mayo , Ty , Spikes , Bodden and DMC would all benifit greatly from someone flying off the edge with purpose. I know nobody wants to hear this but if we can trade for Thomas , why cant we trade for a more proven , feared OLB? Hes a 26 y/o every down backer' who would add some much needed toughness to our D. Good thing for us there are better FA WR's out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

screw trading for one get roth and lawson, both proven both good. both FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: primary target for day 1 of URFA:
    damn herzlich was signed. lets get mayos bro, ricardo lockett,  and dane sanzenbacher. for URFA lets go after:  roth (browns), manny lawson (yep he's not restricted anymore!), donte whitner(bills), Chinedum Ndukwe(bengals), eric wright (browns), jarvis green (texans), kirk morrison (JAX), mike sims walker (JAX), ellis (jets), brad smith (jets), robert gallery (oakland), david Baas (49ers), carlos rogers (washington), santana moss (washington) chad johnson when he gets cut.
    Posted by natesubs

NE Patriots Draft
    2 minutes ago

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

come on lets get daunta williams!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: primary target for day 1 of URFA:
    screw trading for one get roth and lawson, both proven both good. both FA.
    Posted by natesubs

Well I wouldn't mind trading Butler for English straight up. I think Ras and Arrington with the addition of Bodden from injury makes Butler expendable for the right trade. English was a highly touted pass rusher coming out of college that hasn't lived up to expectation. A change of scenery on both ends could do both well. Butler is 5th on the cb depth chart imo and English would come in just below Moore or Nin so it's really like trading struggling players with high potential. Though Butler still might turn into a top knock CB if Ras develops into what they hope he becomes Butler won't become anything higher then a slot CB on this team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mike Reiss
    1 minute ago

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

here's aa great list of players I would like ...
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/content/new-england-patriots-and-free-agency

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

dam the cheifs got david mims.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was really hoping to get Mayo's little bro. I thought at worst signing him might help with negotiations resigning Jerod next year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

there is still time eng, it doesn't sound like anyone is really coveting him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bronco's grabbed him Nate. I'm sure that the Pats made him an offer but he most likely didn't want to play in his brothers shadow and decided to go to another team.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to get one of the bigger name C's in the UDFA. With Koppen a year from retiring basically, I don't see anyone on the current roster or PS who could come in next year and take over Koppen spot. Would be nice to just to see if they could find gold again with some of those C's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

PatsEng,
    any names on the C's you would target? Who's left?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well Kirkpatrick, O'Dwod, Barnes and Linnenkohl were towards the top of my C list for UDFA's but they are gone.

Zane Taylor is still available. I was high on the kid and thought he'd be a late round UDFA type of prospect. He has the size and ability but needs to be coached up a bit. I would love to see them bring him in and see what he can do. Past that I think the C position has been pretty well picked clean

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

#1: Extend Mankins (talk to Light to see what he's looking for).

#2: Extend Benny.

#3: Evaluate your own FA crop as well as mine the league FA crop for some value add:

FA's that I like:

S- Eric Weddle
    S- Dawan Landry
    CB- Brent Grimes
    OLB- Manny Lawson
    OLB- Stewart Bradley
    OLB/DE- Matt Roth
    OLB/DE- Mathias Kiwanuka
    OLB/DE- Charles Johnson
    DE- Marcus Spears
    WR- Malcolm Floyd
    WR- Steve Breaston
    WR- Mark Clayton
    WR- Santonio Holmes
    WR- Steve Smith (NYG)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ronnie Brown? Ummmm Peter.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

King has lost his mind with Ronnie Brown, unless they aren't planning on resigning BJGE.

Roth seems to be linked everywhere to the Pats which scares me since I really want him

Not sure where Melvin Bullitt would fit unless they plan to release Sanders for cap room. But Bullitt doesn't seem much better the McGowan, Page, or Brown and I think the Pats only keep 2 of those 3. Though Bullitt might be another prove it 1 yr cheap deal if they think they won't be able to resign 2 out 3 of their S's

Sections
Shortcuts