Pro Bowl Roster...Look who Made it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Pro Bowl Roster...Look who Made it.

I can't believe Meriweather is in there. This board has been back and forth on this guy all year. Big Play vs. Giving Up Big Play. I really don't see how he made it. I am not a hater, I am just not happy with Meriweather. Wow is all I can say.

Secondly, Suggs and Brady are together on the same team. LOL. Now we better make the Super Bowl.......

Also Mankins made it. I wonder what that will do to his asking price??? Tips th scale a bit too much? Geez I hope not.

Lets Go Back Up Pats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Pro Bowl Roster...Look who Made it.

Logan Mankins?

What did he play, five games?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Merriweather should be traded right after the season with his value as high as it is.

Can we get a 2nd rd pick for him?

Page and a safety we draft in the 3rd would do fine @ FS with Chung/Sanders @ SS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Meriweather is a solid veteran that knows the system and obviously is doing at least a fine job of playing Safety.

Anyone notice the lack of receivers going over the middle against the Patriots Defense this year?  Like him or not, Meriweather has put fear into the opposing players minds. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Surprised that Welker did not make it. Wow and neither did Deion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB must be thrilled the guy he had to bench and who is playing basically out of necessary is going to have an even more swollen head moving forward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pro Bowl Roster...Look who Made it.:
    [QUOTE]Meriweather is a solid veteran that knows the system and obviously is doing at least a fine job of playing Safety. Anyone notice the lack of receivers going over the middle against the Patriots Defense this year?  Like him or not, Meriweather has put fear into the opposing players minds. 
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Actually I noticed most of the bigger catches are made right in the front of Meriweathers zone. I don't see nearly as many sideline passes that go for big yards as I do one's right infront of Meriweather. Of course those are slant routes so it makes it harder for Meriweather to line them up, but when the QB throws behind the WR or the WR's are forced to slow down is typically when you see Meriweather hit the hardest. When a WR is going full speed it usually goes for a big gain unless another S or CB stales them long enough for Meriweather to come around the backside. That's pretty much the extent of Meriweather's game, sit deep in his zone line up a WR then put his head down and run full force at him once the ball is in the air. The good thing about this is if the QB throws it over the WR's head it's an easy int for Meriweather and if the WR catches the ball he might also dislodge it resulting in big play. The bad thing is that if he misses it goes for a huge play and sometimes he takes out his own player. IMO I'd rather have a consistent player like Chung who can tackle and be effective in coverage. He might not always make the big play but also won't risk injury to another teammate and won't give up very many big plays either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Actually I noticed most of the bigger catches are made right in the front of Meriweathers zone.

Meriweather is the most consistent deep safety Ne has and is more consistent than all but a few in the NFL. There are more catches in front of him because he has been playing safety-valve behind Butler and Arrington all season. Erm, that is categorically NOT the place you put your "inconsistent" safety. 

@ the other poster ... Jarrad Page replacing Meri is laughable. In sparing time, he gave up two of the biggest plays against Buffalo last week. Page might not make the roster next season.  

@ the poster talking about benching, stop making things up. he didn't start for disciplinary reasons. How would BB feel? Well, vindicated. He basically assigned Meri over the horrible Butler/Arrington combo all season specifically because he knows teams won't test them deep as often if Brandon is behind them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

When you think about it, Merriweather? Why him , he does hit hard, he makes some plays, doesn't hurt the team, but all pro?  I think that the Pats record dictated that they should have 6 or 7 players on the team. What is strange is that the offence only has two . The so called porous defence has 4. No Welker, no Branch or the two great rookie tight ends, no Green Ellis, no Woody. I guess the NFL didn't want to embarrass themselves so they picked 6 Pats . Doesn't matter anyway because they won't be playing in the Pro Bowl, they will be playing in the Super Bowl.

The fact is, that this team is scary good. Meaning , they just plug in players and hammer the opposition. The Pro Bowl selection is validation of that premise. There good so players have to go, but who? They could really have had 11 players go, if Meriweather got in. The only thing I know for sure is that it is great to be a patriot fan.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

all pro does not equal pro bowl. It's common for talking heads to get it confused but there's a huge difference. All pro means best at that position for the entire nfl. There will be one all pro QB. There will probably be at least 6-8 pro bowl QB's when you factor in injuries and people not wanting to play in the pro bowl game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why did Peyton Manning  make it? Anyone know why?  How is it not Brady, Rivers and Cassel?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Actually I noticed most of the bigger catches are made right in the front of Meriweathers zone. Meriweather is the most consistent deep safety Ne has and is more consistent than all but a few in the NFL. There are more catches in front of him because he has been playing safety-valve behind Butler and Arrington all season. Erm, that is categorically NOT the place you put your "inconsistent" safety.  @ the other poster ... Jarrad Page replacing Meri is laughable. In sparing time, he gave up two of the biggest plays against Buffalo last week. Page might not make the roster next season.   @ the poster talking about benching, stop making things up. he didn't start for disciplinary reasons. How would BB feel? Well, vindicated. He basically assigned Meri over the horrible Butler/Arrington combo all season specifically because he knows teams won't test them deep as often if Brandon is behind them. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Page may not make it, but he's a good player.  I am confused why you act like he has no chance. That was a great move by BB for what I think was only a 7th rd pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think not giving up more plays has more to do with scheme than Meriweather. Meriweather is part of a 3 man rotation with Chung and Sanders, and I don't notice a lot of deep balls given up by Sanders and Chung. If BM played 100% of the plays I would give BM more credit, but in BB's eyes he's not appreciably better than Chung or Sanders if you look at the complete skill-set (which includes boneheaded plays but good range for BM). I don't think he started last game either (I tried to check Reiss' blog but he hasn't posted PT yet).

I don't think BM was really benched, it's just that he's not good enough to be like Mayo or McCourty to be on the field all the time. He is what he is. He's a good safety but he's not Ed Reed or Rodney Harrison. I'm sure if you put him on the Browns he wouldn't even be in the conversation for the Probowl.

[QUOTE]Actually I noticed most of the bigger catches are made right in the front of Meriweathers zone. Meriweather is the most consistent deep safety Ne has and is more consistent than all but a few in the NFL. There are more catches in front of him because he has been playing safety-valve behind Butler and Arrington all season. Erm, that is categorically NOT the place you put your "inconsistent" safety.  @ the other poster ... Jarrad Page replacing Meri is laughable. In sparing time, he gave up two of the biggest plays against Buffalo last week. Page might not make the roster next season.   @ the poster talking about benching, stop making things up. he didn't start for disciplinary reasons. How would BB feel? Well, vindicated. He basically assigned Meri over the horrible Butler/Arrington combo all season specifically because he knows teams won't test them deep as often if Brandon is behind them. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]