Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart

6 players discussed as possible Patriots draft candidates are all slated to go in the second round based on Pro Football Weekly's Draft Value Chart. They include: Whitney Mercilus, Kendall Reyes, Janoris Jenkins and Devon Still, Shea McClellin and Bruce Irvin all as day 2 picks.

Here is the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart

Great post, thanks

Any of those DE/DT types they site at the middle to end of rd 3 falling to us there would be awesome:

Mike Martin
    Derek Wolfe
    Billy Winn
    Jared Crick

Same with Joe Adams in the 4th, Still/Reyes at 31 or 48, McClellin at 48 or 62, Jenkins at 48...

Looks like Harrison Smith has real value at 31, I'd rather we just get Bell, assume we can always throw McCourty and /or Moore back at FS and draft a CB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In Response to Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart:
    [QUOTE]Great post, thanks Any of those DE/DT types they site at the middle to end of rd 3 falling to us there would be awesome: Mike Martin Derek Wolfe Billy Winn Jared Crick Same with Joe Adams in the 4th, Still/Reyes at 31 or 48, McClellin at 48 or 62, Jenkins at 48... Looks like Harrison Smith has real value at 31, I'd rather we just get Bell, assume we can always throw McCourty and /or Moore back at FS and draft a CB
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE

Bell can't cover anymore. Whoever they get to play that SS position has to be able to to cover tight ends. The Patriots get killed every year by tight ends runiing up the middle of the field with out much resistance.

I weuld like to see them draft Harrison Smith in the second round but I doubt he will last until 48.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Whitney Mercilius is off the board entirely, his shuttle times were a joke so he can't play OLB and he is only an inline pass rusher, he won't be coming to NE unless he falls way down and they try to mold him into one.

Everyone else on that list is a likely draftee...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Whitney Mercilius is off the board entirely, his shuttle times were a joke so he can't play OLB and he is only an inline pass rusher, he won't be coming to NE unless he falls way down and they try to mold him into one. Everyone else on that list is a likely draftee...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

So Konz as a 2a talent and Brewster as a 6a are fine calls with you:-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't know if the link has changed.  I see no more than 19 players slotted in each of Rounds 1-4.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

They list offense first and defense is down lower.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]They list offense first and defense is down lower.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Thanks garytx! Embarassed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart : So Konz as a 2a talent and Brewster as a 6a are fine calls with you:-)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion, I'll be here after the season is over if you want to rub it in my face... just be sure to also be complimentary if I was right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Whitney Mercilius is off the board entirely, his shuttle times were a joke so he can't play OLB and he is only an inline pass rusher, he won't be coming to NE unless he falls way down and they try to mold him into one. Everyone else on that list is a likely draftee...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]
    You know who else couldn't run?  Spikes.  It turned out that his combine times weren't what he brought in September.  Maybe Spikes was injured during the combine week.  If the scouting organization perceives this to be the case, maybe he's getting drafted.  Anybody named Mercilius (Merciless) gets a second look, although the name Bruschi was better. 

I'll flag anyone with terrible combine numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

im thinking the pats will end up with nick perry, kendall reyes, devon still or harrison smith. i would be happy with any of those guys, especially if their 1st round draft status translates to that on the field!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I mentioned elsewhere in more then one spot actually that I see the Patriots taking Konz @ 27 if he is there and he could be... and then trading back #31 for a second this year and next year.

That Pick at #31  is coveted by Kansas City as they want to use their first round pick (12) on OT Reily Reiff and if he isn't there...Dontari Poe NT(one or the other should be there).  They feel if they can get two top quality NFL ready players at those two positions then they will have significantly upgraded their team. They would likely be willing to give up a second this year (44) and their second next year for the chance to draft a second player that fits the need not addressed at 12 if there is the right player available there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart : You know who else couldn't run?  Spikes.  It turned out that his combine times weren't what he brought in September.  Maybe Spikes was injured during the combine week.  If the scouting organization perceives this to be the case, maybe he's getting drafted.  Anybody named Mercilius (Merciless) gets a second look, although the name Bruschi was better.  I'll flag anyone with terrible combine numbers.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Spikes had one of the best shuttle times at linebacker in that draft, he wasn't overly fast in the forty but a "sam" linebacker doesn't really need in line speed. Spikes was also very high on my draft board back then and I was psyched when he was taken by Belichick. 

Outside linebacker has to be fast in four directions, Mercilius isn't. Worst case he will likely be another great college player who fizzles out in the pros, best case he'll be an Elvis Dumervil type undersized D End in the 4/3. What he won't be is an every down player on defense...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart : Spikes had one of the best shuttle times at linebacker in that draft, he wasn't overly fast in the forty but a "sam" linebacker doesn't really need in line speed. Spikes was also very high on my draft board back then and I was psyched when he was taken by Belichick.  Outside linebacker has to be fast in four directions, Mercilius isn't. Worst case he will likely be another great college player who fizzles out in the pros, best case he'll be an Elvis Dumervil type undersized D End in the 4/3. What he won't be is an every down player on defense...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Actually I really like fast shuttle times.  If the tape on Mercilius shows that he can't run a good shuttle time ever, then he should be dropped to the Jets or someone. 

I so appreciate the Jets for being my gold standard of where failing players should be drafted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart:
    [QUOTE]6 players discussed as possible Patriots draft candidates are all slated to go in the second round based on Pro Football Weekly's Draft Value Chart. They include: Whitney Mercilus, Kendall Reyes, Janoris Jenkins and Devon Still, Shea McClellin and Bruce Irvin all as day 2 picks. Here is the link: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7
    Posted by stewart7557[/QUOTE]

Again...I caution against drafting Kendall Reyes. There's something to be said for quality of competition. UConn stars have been awful in the NFL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart": [QUOTE]27. Nick Perry OLB 31. Harrison Smith S 48. Devon Still DT 62. Mohamed Sanu WR 93. Philip Blake C 126. Jared Crick DE Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE] Smith is too much of a reach at 31. He'll likely be there at 48. No F..in way Still is on the board at 48 and Crick at 126.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Pro Football Weeklys Latest Draft Value Chart": Smith is too much of a reach at 31. He'll likely be there at 48. No F..in way Still is on the board at 48 and Crick at 126.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you a cup of dunkin donuts coffee that Smilth will be gone before 46. There are only 2 safeties that are NFL ready now and he is one of them. Mike Reiss mocks him to at 31 t o NE. 

The Pro Football Weekly 2012 draft preview writes that Smith's a “very consistent, savvy, instinctive, interchangeable safety with the competitiveness and football-playing temperament to command a secondary and factor readily against the run and pass".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'm hoping that we don't use a first round pick on either Mercilius or Konz. IMO neither one is worth using a pick that high on. Just my opinion though as I'm no scout. The Patriots are in a good position, there will still be lots of quality players for them to chose from in both the first and 2nd round.  Man this month is dragging...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Boys what about Ryan Broyles' performance at Sooners workout? Pretty impressive after only five months with ACL. No PUP for him. I think he would be Welker's eventual replacement. Opinions? What round does he go now?