Probable Divisional round playoff opponent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Probable Divisional round playoff opponent

okay now that we have the bye we can speculate who we will play in the divisonal round this is how i see the playoffs going

KC -JETS = Jets win
    INDY-Baltimore = INDY WIN

Pats vs Jets
    Pitt Vs Indy

of course this is just my opinion feel free to add your own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Probable Divisional round playoff opponent

hopefully i would love to play the jets again.  If pitt can beat indy at home that would be amazing too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boludo. Show boludo's posts

I don't know about probable, but that would be a good matchup for the Pats. Hope it happens that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If the Chefs manage to gack one up against Okaland next week, the seeds could set up for a divsional round that would give us Baltimore at Bitchburgh and Indy at New England.

Wouldn't the networks just cream all over themselves if that happened?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Uh, I don't see the Jets beating the Chiefs.

QB: advantage Cassel
    RBs: advantage Chiefs
    Coaching: advantage Chiefs
    Crowd: advantage Chiefs
    Defense: Slight, if any, advantage to the Jets
    Special Teams: Slight advantage to the Jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Probable Divisional round playoff opponent:
    [QUOTE]Uh, I don't see the Jets beating the Chiefs. QB: advantage Cassel RBs: advantage Chiefs Coaching: advantage Chiefs Crowd: advantage Chiefs Defense: Slight, if any, advantage to the Jets Special Teams: Slight advantage to the Jets
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

i really dont think either team is very good and i think that the jets will be able to pull of a win over KC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

NBC Sports had too much airtime to fill tonight, with the cancelled game...they allowed Rodney Harrison to say this:
    "there is a team that clearly fears the Ravens..that team is the Patriots..."

Don't know about afraid, but the Ravens are our worst divisional matchup. 
    Too bad we can't get the Chiefs, a one-year wonder and bad road team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Probable Divisional round playoff opponent:
    [QUOTE]NBC Sports had too much airtime to fill tonight, with the cancelled game...they allowed Rodney Harrison to say this: "there is a team that clearly fears the Ravens..that team is the Patriots..."   Don't know about afraid, but the Ravens are our worst divisional matchup.  Too bad we can't get the Chiefs, a one-year wonder and bad road team. 
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

I heard that too and I was speechless but whatever. The Ravens caught us by surprised last year. The team was still reeling from the loss of Welker and the late-gate issue with Adalius and Moss. Moss was being accused of dogging it. Brady had broken ribs and a bad finger. We turned the ball over a few times. I don't see the Ravens as a team that can stay with the Patriots offensively. They look like our defense two years ago: aging very, very fast and holding onto the marquee names...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Meh. If NE plays the way they can play and the way we know they can, no team is a good match up against NE, PERIOD.

I don't care who they play.

Baltimore caught NE just after the Branch acquisition and still could not beat them.

Good thing Baltimore won one last year in the playoffs, without Welker and Brady/Moss with broken bones, otherwise we'd never be hearing this "Baltimore is a team NE fears" junk.

The keys remain:

1. No turnovers.
    2. Stop/contain the run.
    3. Clean Special Teams.

When they do these 3 things, 9/10, if not 10/10, they win the game.

NE will be awfully tought to beat at home with BB sitting on gameplans the next 3 weeks.

I think BB and Brady are hellbent on winning it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets again - it'd be satisfying to have them talk trash and beat them again.

For the same trash-talking reasons, I wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens again.  They'd come into our house and the Pats would get to avenge their embarassment from last year while Brady would get to rub it in Terrelle Suggs' face.  The Pats would be amped up to play the Ravens and I don't think it would be close like the regular season matchup.  Besides, Joe Flacco isn't the QB I want running my playoff team - he's a cut above Sanchez and that's it.

I think we could beat the Steelers again because they still don't have any offensive linemen other than Maurkice Pouncey, who himself gave up a sack to Mike Wright.

The two teams I worry the most about are the Colts and the Chiefs.  The Colts don't have Dallas Clark and it shows sometimes, but Tamme is improving and they can put up points at such a pace that they can stay in any game.  The Chiefs would be the toughest team scheme-wise because Weis and Crennel are both so familiar with the Patriots' playbooks and methodologies.  The Chiefs are also the easiest to overlook despite the fact that Dwayne Bowe is a beast and their running game was built for close games.  Jamaal Charles is a TD threat every time he touches the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts