Problems with this new forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Problems with this new forum

I am putting this here as a thread because **WE** are the users of this forum. 

I just logged on for the first time since the change.  Here are some quick comments from the first five minutes.

• The light blue for the topics listing is attrocious.  It is VERY hard for older eyes to see and there doesn't seen to be any place to change it.
    • The default font size of 8pt is too small.  The default should be more like 12pt.  I don't see any place to set the default font size.  (This is in 12pt).
    • Bullets in composing a post are nice.  However, when you have set the font size and then pick bullets, or leave the bullets, the font size is reset to the default of 8pt.
    • If you go to add a poll to the post and change your mind, you completely lose what you already typed because the cancel brings you to a blank screen.
    • I hope that the "Start a discussion" button at the bottom of this posting is the same as a "Submit".  I don't see a "Submit" anywhere, so I am only guessing. 
    I welcome comments from people that have been using this.

By the way, this is the default font size.

Now repeating it in 12pt that said:  "By the way, this is the default font size"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Re: Problems with this new forum

I've seen the right side chopped

off of post again on this board.

Sorry Sheldong

I could'nt resist

Hope you can find the humor.     D*mn I did it again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

ME and the cussing hater are going to h3ll for this

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

PS - Please die.

Hugs,
    me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Thanks for the Laughs Dante
    Now we've been put on ignore list

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

A**holes need not respond.  Obviously they don't have enough intelligence to make a real comment and all they want to do is yell and curse.

First of all, I do web programming for a living.  What I was putting forth to this forum for comment were my views of the deficiencies that I found  in just 10 minutes.  The foul mouthed idiot who put in the first response needs to look up the word "default", for he obviously is too lacking in grey matter to comprehend what is written.  The default should be settable by the person writing to the board as part of his personal preference, and not have to change it one, two, three times in a single post to get it back to where he wanted it in the first place.

As far as reading small font posts, I use Firefox as my browser (much better than Internet Explorer) and I can raise the font to any level I want.  That was not the point of what I said.  I was talking about setting a desired default size.

The listings page is terrible.  No decent web designer would choose such a hard to read color for a tabular listing.  What is wrong with black?

I really shouldn't even be wasting my time repsonding to these creatures about what they wrote about my professional criticisms (I **do** make quite a nice living doing this professionally).

If these a*holes were in any way symptomatic  (look up that word, you dodos) of this board, then I wouldn't bother posting here nor readin the posts.  However, having been on this board for a number of years (this moniker is only since 2008 because of a problem with the previous incarnation - another word for you dodos to look up - of this board, I know there are a number of good people out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I've seen the right side chopped off of post again on this board. Sorry Sheldong          I could'nt resist Hope you can find the humor.     D*mn I did it again
    Posted by ohyes

Yeah, I caught the humor. 

I also agree with it being pretty bad that they cut off the entire right hand side of the page to fit one small advertisement there.

Now, do YOU like or not like the new format?  Do YOU have any suggestions for improvement?

PS:  A*hole has been put on my ignore list.  I doubt if he even HAS a GED.  No one with even a modicum of intelligence, let alone self-respect, would post the way he did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I've seen the right side chopped off of post again on this board. Sorry Sheldong          I could'nt resist Hope you can find the humor.     D*mn I did it again
    Posted by ohyes

I just saw what you meant by "chopping".  I saw a post by Harleyroadking11 in another thread and each of the lines was chopped off on the right.  I kept reducing the font size, but it always remained chopped off on the right.

They took weeks to get this board back up.  What were they doing during that time?  It certainly wasn't quality control.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

I just saw what you meant by "chopping".  I saw a post by Harleyroadking11 in another thread and each of the lines was chopped off on the right.  I kept reducing the font size, but it always remained chopped off on the right. They took weeks to get this board back up.  What were they doing during that time?  It certainly wasn't quality control.
    Posted by sheldong

SHELDONG can't even see me since he put me on IGNORE but I really hate this guy...

MAYBE THEY WERE DOING QUALITY CONTROL but they just asked a group of RATIONAL / COMMON-SENSE individuals that don't cater to the LEAST COMMON DENOMINATOR!

My guess is that SHELDOG's "web development" is a cute little blog or myspace account somewhere...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Sheldong, I believe my post was chopped off due to the content being downloaded from another site. This happened all the time in the former forum as well, so I wouldn't blame this new site to quickly, you say you do this for a living ( I'm jealous) things happen when stuff is downloaded from site to site. This is the third forum for this site and I rate this one #2 the original #1 and the last forum #3.  Also you have the right to your opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I haven't seen any of the posts "chopped" yet. But to use 35% of the width of the page for that one stupid ad is moronic! I even have two idiots on ignore already, Jets and Dantehopkins. Although Leon (Jets) is amusing sometimes, I may take him off once in a while! My biggest peave is that they said you would go to where you left off in a thread on this new forum. But I still need to page through all the old stuff and guess where it was that I last read in it. The pages do seem to load faster, though. I haven't tried changing the font, only the color. I like to be able to simply copy and paste the posts (or portions thereof) instead of hitting "reply", and I'll put the quote in blue. All in all it's better than the last one, but I still like the original version better than either. At least it's working. This is the only place I can discuss my favorite team living down here in SC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Just takes getting used to, so far I think it's better than the previous one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Sheldong, I believe my post was chopped off due to the content being downloaded from another site. This happened all the time in the former forum as well, so I wouldn't blame this new site to quickly, you say you do this for a living ( I'm jealous) things happen when stuff is downloaded from site to site. This is the third forum for this site and I rate this one #2 the original #1 and the last forum #3.  Also you have the right to your opinion.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

I haven't had enough experience to rate this board yet, but I agree with that the first board was much better than the second.  It's possible that the downloading from another site may be the reason, but that still is poor coding of this site.  They should have accounted for it.

Yes, I do this for a living.  I have my own 2 person company in Florida and have several contracts with companies ranging from Massachusetts to Alabama to Florida.   So far, business has not been hit much by the Bush & Co. depression that started (in Massachusetts) in 2001.  (That is why I had to relocate to Florida in 2003).

I have been a Patriots fan from the time I moved to Natick in 1967.  I moved to Florida in 2003, but still watched all the Pats games on DTV.  After the Pats started appearing on so many national broadcasts, I stopped the Sunday Ticket and watched those few in one of the local sports bars.

I have been posting here from a couple of years before the switch to board #2.  My previous moniker was sheldonlg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I haven't had .....

Still experimenting.  That last post was with 10pt.  This one is 8pt.  The 10pt was quite readable when it appeared.  The 12pt came out bold.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Still experimenting.  That last post was with 10pt.  This one is 8pt.  The 10pt was quite readable when it appeared.  The 12pt came out bold.
    Posted by sheldong

Amazing.  Whether you choose 10pt or 12 pt font when composing, it appears the same when posted. 

Who WAS that programmer?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Yeah, I caught the humor.  I also agree with it being pretty bad that they cut off the entire right hand side of the page to fit one small advertisement there. Now, do YOU like or not like the new format?  Do YOU have any suggestions for improvement? PS:  A*hole has been put on my ignore list.  I doubt if he even HAS a GED.  No one with even a modicum of intelligence, let alone self-respect, would post the way he did.
    Posted by sheldong

I ment no harm sheldong. glad you could laugh too. Just passing the day.
     I like this format alot better than the last one. Any problem on this board where it be people or technical is small problems in a world full of problems. thats my 2 cents. I think most come here to forget the real problems

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Yes they should have catered this to every 90yr old man out there...  Grow up and suck it up.  This is a great forum the Globe put together.  "Baby blue hurts my eyes..."  F-ING WWWAAAAAAHHHH!!!! "The Font is too small..." CHANGE IT YOU D0UCHE!!!! "Cancel doesn't cancel.... Discussion is too big of a word.... My Depends are slipping off..." SHUT THE F UP YOU F-ING IDIOT! (ps - i know you can't read this but you'll try and it'll hurt your eyes you puss... but i'm going to write as long as i can before i get tired of replying to someone with a GED and a vage... that's vagin@... sorry if I abbreviated that and made you think for a minute... GOD DAMMIT I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU... and i'm not even over-exaggerating.) Hugs, me
    Posted by dantehopkins

Your reply is worse than all the trolls combined. What is your issue? Just reply with your thoughts in a repectful manner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I am putting this here as a thread because **WE** are the users of this forum.  I just logged on for the first time since the change.  Here are some quick comments from the first five minutes. The light blue for the topics listing is attrocious.  It is VERY hard for older eyes to see and there doesn't seen to be any place to change it. The default font size of 8pt is too small.  The default should be more like 12pt.  I don't see any place to set the default font size.  (This is in 12pt). Bullets in composing a post are nice.  However, when you have set the font size and then pick bullets, or leave the bullets, the font size is reset to the default of 8pt. If you go to add a poll to the post and change your mind, you completely lose what you already typed because the cancel brings you to a blank screen. I hope that the "Start a discussion" button at the bottom of this posting is the same as a "Submit".  I don't see a "Submit" anywhere, so I am only guessing.  I welcome comments from people that have been using this. By the way, this is the default font size. Now repeating it in 12pt that said:  "By the way, this is the default font size"
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Shell...I thought that the Globsters had taken your advice and made the thread names larger, and in the bold font. I could have sworn that I noticed that shortly after you posted your criticisms. Unfortunately, it seems that they reverted back to the smaller print. Dumb.   

Other than that, the modifications are an improvement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

There will always be kinks to work out when a new forum is set up, you have to admit this is miles ahead of that last excuse for a forum we had. Let it get up to speed before you cr*p all over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

What is your issue? Just reply with your thoughts in a repectful manner.
    Posted by thehub

Thanks.  (Notice that I cut the killfiled a**hole's trash out of the reply).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

There will always be kinks to work out when a new forum is set up, you have to admit this is miles ahead of that last excuse for a forum we had. Let it get up to speed before you cr*p all over it.
    Posted by 00chief00

Yes, this is miles ahead of the pathetic excuse for version #2 of this board.  Why they left version #1 to go to version #2 is a mystery to me.

I am sorry to see that you view my giving my professional (as a web programmer) opinions and suggestions for improving this board as "cr*p all over it".  YSomehow I seem to figure out how to suggest improvements without pointing out deficiencies which they are intended to correct.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Here are two more problems:

• It doesn't keep track of the last one that you have read.  Therefore, when you reenter the thread, it puts you back at the first page and you have to cyle through the pages or jump to the page where you last were -- if you remember which one that was.  I can understand that this might be the case for people who are reading but are not logged in.  However, this happens even when logged in.  It also happens after adding a reply.  This would not be a problem if your reply were to a post on the last page.  However, for a long thread you might be responding to one in the middle.
    • There is no good way to get back to the Patriots web page.  You have to first go to "Sports" and then on the refresh go to "Patriots".  That is two pages rather than one.  (I get around this problem by bookmarking the Patriots page and going directly to that bookmark).
    I hope than someone on the Globe staff reads these threads and passes along these suggestions.  No, I am no "cr*pping on the new board".  I am only passing along suggestions for improvement to make all of our lives a little easier.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I have no problems so far. This is really a sea-change, as I hated the last board, mostly for its cache issues, no ignore button, and a few other problems.

Considering your first three complaints have to do with font, you should get some specs bro! :-)

Seriously, all jokes aside, as the font doesn't bother me, I am happy as a clam.

I hope they fix whatever problems you have, as long as it doesn't involve crashing the board for two weeks for a third time in 12 months. LOL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Yeah I have a problem. I can't get my darn avatar to center! How small does it need to be for cryin' out loud?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I have a problem. I can't get my darn avatar to center! How small does it need to be for cryin' out loud?!
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

I can't even see your avitar. Did you already put one on or are you still working with it? Someone commented they didn't see mine right after it went up, though I could see it on my screen as soon as I did it.

Sections
Shortcuts