Problems with this new forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Re: Problems with this new forum

[QUOTE]Yes, this is miles ahead of the pathetic excuse for version #2 of this board.  Why they left version #1 to go to version #2 is a mystery to me. I am sorry to see that you view my giving my professional (as a web programmer) opinions and suggestions for improving this board as "cr*p all over it".  YSomehow I seem to figure out how to suggest improvements without pointing out deficiencies which they are intended to correct.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

No disrepect intended, I was only pointing out to let it work itself out before being too harsh. Im sure your comments were justified. And yes I toally agree why they ever went to #2 from #1 lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Hi Bub. Yes it's there. It's a picture of my dog, Tedi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hey CT love the picture of Tedi.....she's a cutie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Bub. Yes it's there. It's a picture of my dog, Tedi.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

I can see it now. When I was here at lunch it didn't show up. Maybe I need to go off the site and come back on to refresh the avitars!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I caught the humor.  I also agree with it being pretty bad that they cut off the entire right hand side of the page to fit one small advertisement there. Now, do YOU like or not like the new format?  Do YOU have any suggestions for improvement? PS:  A*hole has been put on my ignore list.  I doubt if he even HAS a GED.  No one with even a modicum of intelligence, let alone self-respect, would post the way he did.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Only thing is they make money from that little ad and given the Globe's current finances they could use every penny. I just zoom the page to make it easier to read. My only problem with that is that any other open tabs also zoom. I use firefox so I don't know what Internet Explorer does (beside suck)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I have a problem. I can't get my darn avatar to center! How small does it need to be for cryin' out loud?!
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

Image size is 95X95 pixels How it resizes a larger file I'm not sure. Try resizing down to that size before you upload it to the site.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]     Shell...I thought that the Globsters had taken your advice and made the thread names larger, and in the bold font. I could have sworn that I noticed that shortly after you posted your criticisms. Unfortunately, it seems that they reverted back to the smaller print. Dumb.         Other than that, the modifications are an improvement.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

They are an improvement Pat but given how bad the previous site was that could be easily accomplished. It does take a little getting used to

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]Only thing is they make money from that little ad and given the Globe's current finances they could use every penny. I just zoom the page to make it easier to read. My only problem with that is that any other open tabs also zoom. I use firefox so I don't know what Internet Explorer does (beside suck)
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

If Internet Explorer weren't bundled with the operating system, noone would ever use it.  Once I saw Firefox, I was hooked after 10 minutes.  Also, being a developer, it has some great tools to assist me.  It has been my default browser for some time now.

I've lost count of how many times things worked perfectly in Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Netscape and others and had all sorts of presentation bugs in Internet Explorer.

Bacl to the subject of ads, I don't mind them and can readily accept them as a business necessity.  Why, though, do they have to consume 1/3 of the right hand side and then only use 1/3 of that column?  Top, bottom or middle banners across the width of the page would have been much better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the only problem im haveing is when i do post another web-site on here i cant do it on this very spot im writeing now,but if i reply to someones comments it will take.if i straight out do it its in black which means if you push it.it dosent take you anywhere,if its in blue,or pink then you can go to the web-site.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Hey CT love the picture of Tedi.....she's a cutie
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Heyyyyyy Harley! Thanks. Yes, Tedi is a little doll. And, he knows it too. lol But, that's a Corgi for ya. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Image size is 95X95 pixels How it resizes a larger file I'm not sure. Try resizing down to that size before you upload it to the site.
    Posted by Evil2009

Ahhh...still can't get it to work right even with doing that. I might have to try a different photo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]I can see it now. When I was here at lunch it didn't show up. Maybe I need to go off the site and come back on to refresh the avitars!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Bub - could be it just takes a little while for everyone to see it or something. I dunno.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Laurie, sometimes people never see it even when its right in front of them...LOL! How is spring in CT? still chilly here in VT sugaring season, I've been out a few times on the bike already. Are looking forward to the draft? man I hate wishing time away but I wish it were game day!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Does anybody know if its' possible to place entire threads on ignore? I'm sick and tired of having to wade through those idiotic Toga threads every time I visit the forum. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]     Does anybody know if its' possible to place entire threads on ignore? I'm sick and tired of having to wade through those idiotic Toga threads every time I visit the forum. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it yet. They also said you'd go right to where you left off in a thread, but that's not happening, either! I do have one moron on ignore, but I haven't seen a drop down menu like the original board. At least this one loads the pages a lot faster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen it yet. They also said you'd go right to where you left off in a thread, but that's not happening, either! I do have one moron on ignore, but I haven't seen a drop down menu like the original board. At least this one loads the pages a lot faster.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know what these silly gold stars are supposed to stand for? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

I like the new Forum. It gives you the option of the ignore button for all these many trolls that just want to cause trouble( do I need to name names?) I too moved to Florida in 1984 I see the Red Sox every year plus we have our own Pat's fan club in Ft. Myers. You can go a long way but you never forget your roots!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I like the new Forum. It gives you the option of the ignore button for all these many trolls that just want to cause trouble( do I need to name names?) I too moved to Florida in 1984 I see the Red Sox every year plus we have our own Pat's fan club in Ft. Myers. You can go a long way but you never forget your roots!!!
    Posted by bobo354[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But it would be even better if they modified it further to allow us to ignore entire threads...like we could with the original forum.

Do you know what the purpose is for these silly stars? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Tex- That would be great if you could ignore any entire thread!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Ummm . . .  here's a novel idea:

If you want to ignore a thread, don't open it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Ummm . . .  here's a novel idea: If you want to ignore a thread, don't open it.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Seriously, though . . .

It's not that busy in here right now, so ignoring threads isn't really a problem. But if you go to the Red Sox board, for instance, it is cluttered with so much nonsense that it's annoying trying to find a worthwhile thread to follow among all the dreck, and then to locate it again when you go back. I imagine the same thing will happen here when the season starts and the retards come home to roost. Although I have noticed that there seems to be much more idiocy, per capita, on the Sox board than I've ever seen here. I've been on this board in the past when the entire first page of threads has been taken up entirely by one-shot wonders from tedyaz. You don't combat that with an "ignore" function; you combat that with the "Report abuse" function. As to how well that will work, only time will tell, I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"Although I have noticed that there seems to be much more idiocy, per capita, on the Sox board than I've ever seen here."  prairiemike

No truer words have ever been spoken.  That board if full of XYY chromosomes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

As to how well that will work, only time will tell, I guess.      

If it works like the old forum that will not be well, it will be not at all. The mods (if there are indeed any), have never been successful banishing the Togahs and Leons of the world. However, many regular posters were often deleted for retaliation. In some cases every post by some were removed seemingly for no reason at all! Yet our inbred friends from Indiana and NY have free reign to post all the useless BS they like. I think the best we will get is to ignore the troll and scroll past the threads. I'd rather have them fix it so you return to a thread where you left off, not at the beginning so you have to guess sometimes which page to forward to. That's how it was on the original board. As for banishing or blocking the trolls, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are like cockroaches (albeit not as intelligent), and couldn't be wiped out even by a nuclear bomb! At the least we can now ignore them somewhat!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, though . . . It's not that busy in here right now, so ignoring threads isn't really a problem. But if you go to the Red Sox board, for instance, it is cluttered with so much nonsense that it's annoying trying to find a worthwhile thread to follow among all the dreck, and then to locate it again when you go back. I imagine the same thing will happen here when the season starts and the retards come home to roost. Although I have noticed that there seems to be much more idiocy, per capita, on the Sox board than I've ever seen here. I've been on this board in the past when the entire first page of threads has been taken up entirely by one-shot wonders from tedyaz. You don't combat that with an "ignore" function; you combat that with the "Report abuse" function. As to how well that will work, only time will tell, I guess.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The "report abuse" function is worthless, because the mods don't act on it. Besides, what offends or disinterests them, doesn't necessarily offend or disinterest all. With an "ignore thread" function, each poster would have the ability to take immediate action to clean-up the forum on his own....as was the case with the original format.