Problems with this new forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Problems with this new forum

[QUOTE]I am putting this here as a thread because **WE** are the users of this forum.  I just logged on for the first time since the change.  Here are some quick comments from the first five minutes.
    The light blue for the topics listing is attrocious. "ATTROCIOUS" isn't that a bit of an overstatement? I mean what color would be better? Green, Pink, Purple it's not an issue worth discussing.  It is VERY hard for older eyes to see and there doesn't seen to be any place to change it. The default font size of 8pt is too small.  The default should be more like 12pt.  I don't see any place to set the default font size.  (This is in 12pt).
    When you use 12pt it takes up far too much space. Just go to 12pt for you post and see what it does and then have all post be 12pt and you'd have 3 posts per page.

Bullets in composing a post are nice.  However, when you have set the font size and then pick bullets, or leave the bullets, the font size is reset to the default of 8pt.
    So what if you can not read 8pt get some new glasses. I'm 60 and have no problems with 8 pt.

If you go to add a poll to the post and change your mind, you completely lose what you already typed because the cancel brings you to a blank screen. I hope that the "Start a discussion" button at the bottom of this posting is the same as a "Submit".  I don't see a "Submit" anywhere, so I am only guessing. 
    See add your reply that allows you to submit your post

I welcome comments from people that have been using this. By the way, this is the default font size. Now repeating it in 12pt that said:  "By the way, this is the default font size"
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

This forum is as good as the first one was 2 years ago. I've been here for about 7 years now.
    If you truly are a web site developer I assume you know that you can not always get everything you want  and there are "got to haves" and "nice to haves" and the budget you have determines what you end up with.
    I'd hate to see what happens when you are working on a web site and have a budget and requirements to maintain andd you get up in a meeting and say "We need to change the color of this particular print and the font because I can't read it."

Your complaints are lame.

BTW the site has one and only one major problem and as stated by another poster it is moving from the RS to the Pats, Celts, Bruins, etc....forums.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]This forum is as good as the first one was 2 years ago. I've been here for about 7 years now. If you truly are a web site developer I assume you know that you can not always get everything you want  and there are "got to haves" and "nice to haves" and the budget you have determines what you end up with. I'd hate to see what happens when you are working on a web site and have a budget and requirements to maintain andd you get up in a meeting and say "We need to change the color of this particular print and the font because I can't read it." Your complaints are lame. BTW the site has one and only one major problem and as stated by another poster it is moving from the RS to the Pats, Celts, Bruins, etc....forums.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jimmy:

The Globsters have corrected the light blue problem by using bold print. The only negative between todays' forum and the original forum is the inability to ignore entire threads, as I discussed in my last post...and the personal e-mail that used to be received whenever someone responded to your post. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]     Jimmy:      The Globsters have corrected the light blue problem by using bold print. The only negative between todays' forum and the original forum is the inability to ignore entire threads, as I discussed in my last post...and the personal e-mail that used to be received whenever someone responded to your post. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Texas the point is the bitching he did was just nonsense. The ignore stuff would be good for dumb a s s threads by some.
    The email I never like since it just clutters up your email box.

If this is as good as it gets I'm a happy camper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I had a major problem being able to post on the new forums, until roughly right now, and I really have no idea how it got fixed.