Progress of the Defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Progress of the Defense.

In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense.:
    [QUOTE]Pretty hard to out score  the other team when you have the ball for 20 minutes vs the other team at 40! Gimme a break the offense is a top 5 offense while our D is dead last-6.41 yards per play will not cut it my friend!In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

yep...it's a top 5 offense that did not perform like one. they went for 48 yards total on four of their possessions, all ending up in punts. what do you think the TOP would be if they actually were able to march down to even have a shot for a field goal on two of those possessions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Neither the offense or defense played very well. This offense will typically play 12-13 games at a high level per year. The defense will play 3-4 at a high level per year. When they both play poorly the Pats lose. You really can't complain about the offense not being great 16 games in a row, no offense can do that. It is one of the best offenses in the NFL- that is undisputed. If you're looking to improve this team you start at the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. : yep...it's a top 5 offense that did not perform like one. they went for 48 yards total on four of their possessions, all ending up in punts. what do you think the TOP would be if they actually were able to march down to even have a shot for a field goal on two of those possessions?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I  agree the offense did not perform well this week but how can you all act like the defense is anything other than horrible right now. They cut Bodden for nothing, a guy many here claimed was better than Asante Samuel. The same people that defend this years defense said last year's defense was one of the best in the league. The head coach did not believe it, he gutted it almost completely. He even switched the dog gone alignment. A few weeks ago the nonsense on these boards claimed running offenses play better defense. The Pats ran the ball bsaically the same amount of times against the Cowboys and Bills (25/26) but the defensive outcome was drastically diferrent. The truth is plain as day. The Steelers punted one time all day, they dominated the Pats (by guess what- passing the ball).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

dammit ccsnd, i lost my reply to you. it was pretty long. i will ahve to try again later.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]The reality is, the D were mediocre off a Bye and the offense was awful only scoring 17 points, ignoring the run game yet again. Maybe the thread should be about the regression of the offense?  Dallas 13 points at home, off a Bye, barely 17 points against Pitt? Not really good. At all. They continue to not maximize their time and lose out on drives, with usually no points whatsoever on the majority of them. Even their lone TD in the first half was literally due to the D setting them up for it. I expect my offense to dictate off a Bye with wrinkles, new plays, sustaining drives, etc. We didn't see that yet again in that base shotgun and it's very concerning. When you start your first two drives in each as 3 and outs, we got a preparation and execution problem. Unless they are hiding injuries, why Faulk started at ag 35 after a year out of football, I have literally no idea.  We all love Faulk, but it's clear when we don't hammer and establish that run, our offense and defense struggles.  Heck, our STs struggles. Overall, I felt this was BB's worst coached regular season game this year and off a Bye in his entire career. First he released Bodden, then he played too much zone on D in the first half (wait till half to play some man), and the onside kick then is still a headscratcher. Not a good week for BB, the 3rd down D, Bill O'Brien or Tom Brady.  But, for the D, it was playing 4-3 and not 3-4 bottling up Big Rapelisturd like they did last year. Late to adjust, weaker gameplan.   Prior to the Bye the D was ascenidng nicely. The offense still really concerns me week in and week out. I dont' see us doing well in the playoffs with a finesse, shotgun base offense. My answer to your question is: C I give the D a B-, the offense a C as grades.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

There you go again trying to be suttle and say the defense played better than the offense. The offense wasnt that good, but they were up against the # 1 pass defense.  Our defense couldnt even be a speed bump and and allow us more than 2 posessions in a half.  They were out there forever and and on some plays there were 2 even 3 players WIDE open for Ben to choose to from. Stop it Rusty. Wake up and smell the c rappy defense.  I know we will play better next week and thats not the whole story, but on sunday, the defense deserved no merits...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Yeah guys the offense was great.
    50 plays with ONE trip into the Steelers' Red Zone.
    30% 3rd down conversion rate
    198 yds passing
    43 yds rushing
    Scoring consisted of 1 drive for a TD in the 4th quarter when the Steelers were in prevent mode and one long field goal

Yup definately all on the defense

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree with you that our shotgun offense is a problem, I am just saying that of the two, you have to say on sunday that the defense was the worst.

Believe me Rusty, we agree there, but I, unlike yourself  dont have much confidence at this point that this defense can get us far.  Like I said after the Oakland game, i wont get too excited just because they got smart one week, its still Brady getting 2Omill/year and thus , he WILL THROW the Rock!

No way around it. He is not deferring to Benny or any rookie RB's either.

O'brien had an ephinany and said he needed more price!?!?, please!  Price aint the problem, they need to learn how to call a game on offense in the NFL and stop being arrogant and thinking Brady is GOD, but yeah, our defense still S tinks!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Listen Rusty, I am not a follower, I dont base my opinions on mazz or that fa g Gasper, I can watch and make choices for myself.  You on the other hand are imfamous for pulling up articles to support whatever agenda you have and when you do , those sources you have are never wrong , right??

LMAO

Can you please give me that list of 15 defenses, I cant wait for that.

I am not a troll, but really its week 8 or whatever and the numbers say it and the T.V. shows it.

I am not some 12 y/o, like you want me to be, so you can talk your same ol garbage about our D and I fall for it.

Billicheck would even tell you the defense st unk!  Wait a minute, he already did on sunday  when he called for the on side kick, and Ty Law and Troy Brown said it, but I should ignore all of that and listen to you talking about field goals and Guytons INT.....?! />?!?!?  lmao!

You are done Rusty, after sunday even YOU cant spin that...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rusty cracks me up. Yards don't matter when it comes to the Pats. Points per game matter. Then proceeds to list at least 5 teams that give up less points per game then the Pats but they are worse defenses. Also knocking teams for lack of run defense when QB passer rating or passing defense is a far larger indicator of success. Last year alone 80% of the teams with the higher passer rating won. I will guarantee you 80% of the teams with more rush yards didn't. Thanks for the list. We all needed a good laugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Damn Rusty, you willing to call out players like Ty LAw and Troy Brown just to support Bill in his current dilema!?!?

Wow, you really are on Belichecks D ick!

Bruschi in 2002? Oh all he did was have 66 tackles and 4 and half sacks and force fumble and returned 2 INT's for TD's in a half season.  Stop talking down on great players and building up c rap current players , its not cute and its disrespectful.

Why are we talking about 2002 again?  Oh yeah I forgot because you are the master of distraction and back pedaling. Never adressing issues you cant answer and change the subject.  Ok, even If i say the 2002 defense was bad, which it was, what does that have to do with the present time??  Try to stay on topic buddy and adress the issues at hand, or just go away and stop wastin my time trying to spin stuff.

Its players like Bruschi, Law, Brown who got us the Hardware we got now, and players like the ones we have now who have us one and done,. so STOP IT PLEASE,  there is no defending last sunday. If you wanna speak about getting better , fine, but dont say anything about sunday. We all have eyes too.

The whole world is wrong and Rusty is right!  Is that it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow you got jokes today huh?

Did you really just say J-Ville has a worst defense than we do?

Arizona too?
    Chicago??
    TB??
    NYG??

Let me stop wasting my time w/you.  I thought you were serious, and you say you have Sunday ticket???

I dont know what games you watch.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Did you not see J-ville slapping around the Ravens?  They have played solid all year and just have Qb issues.

Ok so you want to point to teams who cant stop the run. Ok, so conversly, our RUN defense is pretty good , I 'll give you that.

The problem is, now its a passing league, so while teams may give up yards on the ground, they get off the field on 3rd downs.  Sure we can stop the run and get ourselves into 3rd and longs, but what good is it.  Other teams would love to be able to get 3rd and longs because they would get off the field.

I think in this day and age, I would rather have a good pass defense, no?

I mean, sure we are good against the run, but who runs anymore...lol

We basically are working against each other on defense. We tell the line to stop the run and then when its time to get off the field, the defense gives up 3rd and 15?!?  Nothing good about that Rusty..

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts