Progress of the Defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Progress of the Defense.

Our D is garbage and our offense is regressing. That said we're 5-2 and should finish 12-4. I still fail to see how we could compete with the top notch teams in the playoffs but I guess you never know. What is really too bad is that Bill struck out on almost every offseaon move. Waters has been solid. Ochostinko, Fat Albert, and a long list of disappointments. Hey Troy Brown played DB before so you never know but i'm sick and tired of giving up 3rd and 15's. There's plenty of blame to go around. The expectations here are sky high. Simply making the playoffs is not good enough. I'll root for 'em until the end but we need improvment FAST!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. : Kansas, I live and die Patriots. More then anything else in the world watching my pats is my out. No matter how rough work may be throughout the week or whatever I go through on a daily basis I know I can always look forward to sundays. Forgive me for saying what I see and what the stats show. I would give anything for the pats to turn it around on D and I'm rooting for them big time. When I get rips from all my buddies about how the pats are going nowhere fast cause the d can't stop a nose bleed I defend them to no end, saying they will evolve and do there part. Up until this point I don't see it. I would love for you or anyone to point out where and how this unit will get better, cause as of right now they are DEAD LAST in total defense yet I get heck for being dissapointed in them. People like yourself telling me I'm out of line and a whiner for calling them out. Dude stats don't lie. I hate to break it to you but you and are part of a 1% minority that thinks the defense is doing ok. Read  up, rewatch the game, look at the stats, better yet go look at the 03 defense if you wanna see what a real one really looks like.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. The teams of yesteryear had abone crushing punishing defense that would wear down opponents and sometimes shut them out. I remember Rodney hitting a 300 lb. lineman and pushing him back like 5 yards. Somewhere along the line the philosophy changed to concentarte more on the offense. I can't blame them as they wanted to get Brady more waepons. Whay hurts though is that we left a few rings on the table in doing so. We never should have let Branch walk. I will always disagree with that move and if we didn't we'd win it all in 2006. I am jealous of the defenses I see year in and year out in Pitt, Baltimore, and other perenial powerhouses. If Tom Brady was on the Ravens would they go 15-1 and win the Superbowl every year? We're in full rebuilding mode on defense as Brady is another year older...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

This is a strange year

I don't think there is a super team any where in the NFL

I thought the Steeler game to be what is called a complementry team loss
                         D/O/ST - Coaches

Any coach that uses a zone against us (Brady) should be fired
    and The MTM against us doesn't take the db's away from the line
    and helps stuff the run.

I didn't understand Faulk stating (BJGE toe?)
    The Shot gun tells the D it is a pass
      and our wr's don't get open

For some reason none of our wr's can get open....
    Ocho is  non existent and hasn't separated
    Almost want to bring back Moss
    especially if he is motivated

As far as our D goes -
    We cannot get constant pressure
    We have been killed by passes to TE/RB's
      and quick drops

Where i get on the D - is that EVERY drive against
    us except the INT and punt were long drives

So this week?
    The Giants have the perfect D to hurt us
    a great dline and we will see mtm press coverage
    (that is the only way to stop us and every coach
    will follow that game plan ) And i said weeks ago
    that TB won't break marinos record.

We are at home but

Eli- has been been very very good
    if he gets time - it will be like Big Ben

At the same time - every nfl team has looked
    ordinary at times and supe at others
    Who ever gets hot at the end of the season
    will win.

I think we need TB under center-
    unless he gets the right defenders against us
    and we are in the ni huddle

just my thoughts

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Last in defense should stop the argument right there...SHOULD...but, for some reason it doesn't. I saw this as a bad defense before the season started and they haven't disappointed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The defense allowed Ben to complete 36 out of 50 passes for 365 yards. That is good for a 72% completion percentage. Mendenhall averaged 5.4 YPC. I usually agree with you king, but I think you are ignoring how badly the defense did play. People aren't "irrational" because they think the defense was bad against the Steelers. They didn't force a punt until the final possession of the game. If the defense forces one or two more punts throughout the game then the offense would have had a better chance to get going.

Yes, I did watch the game. You constantly say that people didn't watch the game and therefore you are correct. However, did you see how many long third downs the defense allowed? Remember the 3rd and 15? The defense couldn't get off the field.

The offense definitely struggled, but that wasn't the only reason the Pats lost. If the defense could stop the Steelers instead of allowing them to march downfield and score every drive then we might not even be arguing about this right now.

Last year the defense lived off of turn overs while the offense rarely turned it over. This year it's different. We can get INTs once in a while, but Brady isn't playing like a god. We need a defense that can get off the field and give the offense another chance. I just don't know if the talent is there for them to get it done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]The fact of the matter is at some point you're going to have to win a game with defense. The offense isn't going to score 25+ every game. This defense has flashes of brilliance like the Dallas game and then the next game throw a stinker. Its so frustrating to watch but its in there somewhere. Just need to find some consistency. The strength of this team is by far the offense so they need to be held to a higher standard so I agree with Rusty and the rest of the posters that said the offense lost this game. It is painful watching them line up in the same spread formation over and over. Hopefully they come out against New York like they did Oakland. Bottom line is all 3 units were so out of synch. Very unPatriot-like coming off a bye, time to tee up on the Gmen
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

yes, it is. Except when Edelman lined up at RB. Oh, wait a sec....that was painful too....lol Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

This is why they say defense wins championships.  Because no matter how good your offense is, there is a 99% chance it will punt a lot against playoff caliber defenses.  It happened to all our Super Bowl offenses but the D forced the other team to punt right back.  Often overlooked in our one Super Bowl loss are the long drives given up by the D, giving our offense fewer chances than the Championship offenses had.

Our D kept the Steelers from scoring which is its basic responsibility.  Getting the offense back on the field is a bonus, but probably a necessity come playoff time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]This is why they say defense wins championships.  Because no matter how good your offense is, there is a 99% chance it will punt a lot against playoff caliber defenses.  It happened to all our Super Bowl offenses but the D forced the other team to punt right back.  Often overlooked in our one Super Bowl loss are the long drives given up by the D, giving our offense fewer chances than the Championship offenses had. Our D kept the Steelers from scoring which is its basic responsibility.  Getting the offense back on the field is a bonus, but probably a necessity come playoff time. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Everyone is saying, "oh, well the Steelers were only up by six points so it's the offense's fault." However, if the defense forced one or two punts that could have made the difference. You can't expect the offense to score every drive and we allowed the Steelers to do just that. They went from the 20 all the way into either the end zone or field goal range. It was pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I know the Packers are 7 - 0, but, looking at these defensive stats, given who the Packers have played to date, if I were a Packer fan, I'd keep wishing we play the bottom dwelling teams because if the D is that poor in their first 7, how will it fare against a string of good teams?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

""I probably could have forced it and played but we have some great wideouts, "Ward said. "I wasn't really concerned. And against the Patriots, we felt we could exploit their secondary. That wasn't the same secondary that we played against a year ago without having [James Sanders], [Brandon Meriweather] wasn't back there and they let Leigh Bodden go. We kind of liked our matchups. So there was no need for me to try to force it and go."

Quote Hines Ward.

Apparently, Hines Ward was more worried about the guys we let go in the secondary as opposed to the guys we currently have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. :  I  agree the offense did not perform well this week but how can you all act like the defense is anything other than horrible right now. They cut Bodden for nothing, a guy many here claimed was better than Asante Samuel. The same people that defend this years defense said last year's defense was one of the best in the league. The head coach did not believe it, he gutted it almost completely. He even switched the dog gone alignment. A few weeks ago the nonsense on these boards claimed running offenses play better defense. The Pats ran the ball bsaically the same amount of times against the Cowboys and Bills (25/26) but the defensive outcome was drastically diferrent. The truth is plain as day. The Steelers punted one time all day, they dominated the Pats (by guess what- passing the ball).
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Let me try to do this again..

1) On that bolded portion. I'm simply make the point that the d was not the reason they lost to pitt. that is different from me saying that the d is any good. it's like saying a good person had a bad day or a bad person had a good day. the o was the reason they lot. if not for that int, the pats may not have scored more than 10 pts. 

2) i reject the ToP argument. people are raising that 40 min ToP for pitt without looking at context. if you take away the possessions in the last 18 secs, nwe had 8 possessions and pitt had 9. nwe squandered 4 of their 8 possessions. total yardage of those 4 possessions? 48! 48 yards on half of their offensive effort, all ending up in punts. total time was close to 10 mins. they had a hard time staying on the field for more than 2 mins. their first TD was off a 33 sec possession delivered on a silver platter by the d. people using the ToP argument is basically penalizing the d for shortening a possession for the pats. it's ridiculous.

3) i am more critical of underperformance than i am about lack of talent. the d is what it is. the talent level will not be improved until the offseason. to me, if they hold the other teams to 17-23 pts, that is a successful enough outing for them. on the other hand, we all know that the only reason that the talented o does not score at least 3 TDs on 8 possessions is poor planning and execution and inability to adjust in game -- not any d in the league. on game where they have 9 possessions they should not have a hard time getting 4 TDs. i say that because they have the RB talent now. if the o only plays consistently close to their potential, this team will win... in the reg season and in the post season.

4) let me drive the pt at the and of #3 using an analogy. there are very talented people who are failures. these people use their few weaknesses and unfortunate circumstances as excuse. on the other hand there are people who have much less talent than most of us but are very successful. those people embraced and managed their weakness but really what made them successful is that they made a conscious decision to get the most out of the few strengths they have.

5) poor planning is what i saw last weekend. kevin as the main back was the proof of that. having him there basically said to pitt that nwe was not seriously going to try to run the ball. he's too slow to get more than 8 yards. any d will be willing to give that up than giving tb any momentum on the pass. they will not do that if nwe had the capability to gain 15-20 yards on the ground every now and then.

6) that game worries me a bit for future games. teams now know that you simply have to stop the pats on their first few attempts to run. if you do that early, you can focus on the pass.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

well said SeattlePat. All great and valid points.

What concerns me most is point #6. As Russ always points out, this has been the blueprint for sometime. It's the main reason the Offense seems to fold and go home in big games, against good teams. Lack of commitment to the run, lack of ingame adjustments. It's like watching someone pound their head against a wall for 3 hours, and then say, "Hey, how did I get this bruise?".
    What also concerns me is this is not a new issue. Meaning, the coaching staff has had more than a few opportunities to solve this problem. I think they did in part by drafting Ridley and Vereen, but for whatever reason, do not put it into action. This is concerning if they haven't learned from past mistakes.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]well said SeattlePat. All great and valid points. What concerns me most is point #6. As Russ always points out, this has been the blueprint for sometime. It's the main reason the Offense seems to fold and go home in big games, against good teams. Lack of commitment to the run, lack of ingame adjustments. It's like watching someone pound their head against a wall for 3 hours, and then say, "Hey, how did I get this bruise?". What also concerns me is this is not a new issue. Meaning, the coaching staff has had more than a few opportunities to solve this problem. I think they did in part by drafting Ridley and Vereen, but for whatever reason, do not put it into action. This is concerning if they haven't learned from past mistakes.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

i find it interesting how people rationalize abandoning the run early, saying that the run was not working. the pass was not working either. up to 5 mins remaining in the 4th, the pats only had 132 passing yards. 

that said i think there is an opportunity to take advantage of how things have been in the past two games. obviously, the pats is in position to make people think that the passing attack isn't the same. knowing that it's always there when needed, you don't fully unleash it until the playoffs. 

throughout the rest of the reg season, the pats could choose to show real commitment to a "run-heavy" offense (i am using quotation marks because to me run-heavy means 40-50%). but it really not even about just 50-50. it should be about 50-50 even on critical downs. imagine the dilemma for other teams if in every game the pats is able to convert a couple of 3rd and 5s/4s on the ground. 

i am confident enough that the pats will make the playoffs that i am comfortable with them going with this philosophy for the rest of the reg season even it means losing a couple of games. when other teams see the pats' ability to win with the run and willingness to stick with it even it results in a loss, every other team will be forced to play the run. 

two things that the pats hopefully does the rest of the reg season
    1) force other teams to honestly defend the run
    2) make other teams forget about their best past plays for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Good post SeattlePat.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good post SeattlePat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. : i find it interesting how people rationalize abandoning the run early, saying that the run was not working. the pass was not working either. up to 5 mins remaining in the 4th, the pats only had 132 passing yards.  that said i think there is an opportunity to take advantage of how things have been in the past two games. obviously, the pats is in position to make people think that the passing attack isn't the same. knowing that it's always there when needed, you don't fully unleash it until the playoffs.  throughout the rest of the reg season, the pats could choose to show real commitment to a "run-heavy" offense (i am using quotation marks because to me run-heavy means 40-50%). but it really not even about just 50-50. it should be about 50-50 even on critical downs. imagine the dilemma for other teams if in every game the pats is able to convert a couple of 3rd and 5s/4s on the ground.  i am confident enough that the pats will make the playoffs that i am comfortable with them going with this philosophy for the rest of the reg season even it means losing a couple of games. when other teams see the pats' ability to win with the run and willingness to stick with it even it results in a loss, every other team will be forced to play the run.  two things that the pats hopefully does the rest of the reg season 1) force other teams to honestly defend the run 2) make other teams forget about their best past plays for a while.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Everyone complains about the running game as the primary problem. The primary problem is the defense. After the Jets game everyone said that the Patriots ran the ball and look at the results. After the Cowboys game everyone said they abandoned the run and look how they struggled. I pointed out the pass run ratio going into the final drive in each game was 32 pass to 24 run. The difference was one game they were losing and needed to score fast so they passed it a lot to skew the numbers (Cowboys) and the other game they ran the ball on the last drive to kill the clock (Jets). The ratio before the final drive was identical but after the cowboys game we got all the "we abandon the run" posts again despite the facts showing the complete opposite or as i stated then, do you wish we ran the ball and killed the clock against the cowboys at the end there. Abandoning the run for the Pats is a symptom of the bad defense, not the cause. In 2003 the Pats had one of the worst running attacks in the league yet won the super bowl. Why? Because of the defense and Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. :  Everyone complains about the running game as the primary problem. The primary problem is the defense. After the Jets game everyone said that the Patriots ran the ball and look at the results. After the Cowboys game everyone said they abandoned the run and look how they struggled. I pointed out the pass run ratio going into the final drive in each game was 32 pass to 24 run. The difference was one game they were losing and needed to score fast so they passed it a lot to skew the numbers (Cowboys) and the other game they ran the ball on the last drive to kill the clock (Jets). The ratio before the final drive was identical but after the cowboys game we got all the "we abandon the run" posts again despite the facts showing the complete opposite or as i stated then, do you wish we ran the ball and killed the clock against the cowboys at the end there. Abandoning the run for the Pats is a symptom of the bad defense, not the cause. In 2003 the Pats had one of the worst running attacks in the league yet won the super bowl. Why? Because of the defense and Brady.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

i have no idea how to talk to you about this. you start out our post with "the primary problem is the d" and to prove your point, you pick two games where the opposing teams scored 21 and 16. these are very good performances by the d (in fact these are examples of games being won by the d), but you refuse to recognize it because you are so fixated with yards and the times when they looked bad.

as for that sb, are you talking about the sb vs phi? you say that's great d? phi scored 21. allowing 21 then was great d. why can't you say that for this d when they keep it to 21 or even 23 for that matter, now when rules are skewed to allow scoring. 

also, pats played that game with 33 passes and 28 runs. your comment about the rb being a very bad one (i do not agree) also proves the point that you can have a effective running game even without an elite rb. the pats has a 1000+ yd rb and drafted too more very talented ones and you are telling me they cannot come up with a really good ground game?

lastly, you make it sound like they were having to come from behind because of the running game or the d's problems. but actually those games would not even be close if not for the turnovers that the o committed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

btw, i remember very well that weiss was not afraid to run the ball even on 3rd and 6, because he believed in attacking the opponent where they do not expect to be attacked.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. : i have no idea how to talk to you about this. you start out our post with "the primary problem is the d" and to prove your point, you pick two games where the opposing teams scored 21 and 16. these are very good performances by the d (in fact these are examples of games being won by the d), but you refuse to recognize it because you are so fixated with yards and the times when they looked bad. as for that sb, are you talking about the sb vs phi? you say that's great d? phi scored 21. allowing 21 then was great d. why can't you say that for this d when they keep it to 21 or even 23 for that matter, now when rules are skewed to allow scoring.  also, pats played that game with 33 passes and 28 runs. your comment about the rb being a very bad one (i do not agree) also proves the point that you can have a effective running game even without an elite rb. the pats has a 1000+ yd rb and drafted too more very talented ones and you are telling me they cannot come up with a really good ground game? lastly, you make it sound like they were having to come from behind because of the running game or the d's problems. but actually those games would not even be close if not for the turnovers that the o committed.

I will gladly explain it again. I point out that they ran it basically the same amount against the Cowboys, and Jets except for on the final drive of the Jets game which skewed the numbers. So saying the Pats abandon the run every time they struggle is clearly not true (struggled against Dallas). I think the Pats have a pretty good running game this year just like they did last year. I like BJGE and Woodhead a lot. They had a top 10 running attack last year and everyone complained about it then. I do not know what you are talking about against Philadelphia since I never mentioned them (maybe you have someone else in mind but it was not me). I said in 2003 the Pats had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL and the 27th ranked rushing attack by yardage (30th if you go yards per carry) yet they still won the super bowl beating two much better scoring offenses to get to the Super Bowl and then beating a hot Carolina team in the Super Bowl. Did the defense play great in the super bowl? No but they were great against the Colts and Titans. Games where the offense struggled to score despite the plethora of turnovers the defense got for them.
     On another thread I pointed out the 2006 Colts (awful defense with a great offense) allowed 8-6-34-17 points in 4 playoff games (it was actually better because I remember Samuel returning a pick for a TD in one game and Devin Hester returning a kick off for a TD in another). The Colts offense had only one performance up to their scoring level (against the Pats) that year and still won the super bowl. Do you think the Pats, with the current defense, can win in the playoffs with only scoring 30 points one time. The idea that they won't have to face some good defenses in January is unrealistic so they are going to have to force punts and get off the field quicker. When was the last time the Pats scored 30 in a playoff game. If the Pats do not score 30 now Brady is a bum to half the people on these boards. When they won the superbowl in 2003 they only averaged 21.8 ppg during the season which was not even in the top 10. They did not have to because the defense was outstanding. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Progress of the Defense. : i have no idea how to talk to you about this. you start out our post with "the primary problem is the d" and to prove your point, you pick two games where the opposing teams scored 21 and 16. these are very good performances by the d (in fact these are examples of games being won by the d), but you refuse to recognize it because you are so fixated with yards and the times when they looked bad. as for that sb, are you talking about the sb vs phi? you say that's great d? phi scored 21. allowing 21 then was great d. why can't you say that for this d when they keep it to 21 or even 23 for that matter, now when rules are skewed to allow scoring.  also, pats played that game with 33 passes and 28 runs. your comment about the rb being a very bad one (i do not agree) also proves the point that you can have a effective running game even without an elite rb. the pats has a 1000+ yd rb and drafted too more very talented ones and you are telling me they cannot come up with a really good ground game? lastly, you make it sound like they were having to come from behind because of the running game or the d's problems. but actually those games would not even be close if not for the turnovers that the o committed.

Becauz the part you and Burger King and the rest of the defensive apologists are not focusing on is, if you watched the game instead of seeing what you wanted to see, the inefficiency of the Steelers red zone offense.

3rd quarter 13:17 - 14 play drive starting on PIT27 to the NE 3 eating 7:06 off the clock. PIT kicks 21 yard FG.

3rd quarter 2:20 - 11 play drive starting on PIT 32 to NE 5 eating 5:54 off the clock. PIT kicks 23 yard FG.

(I'll be kind to you guys and ignore for now the 43 yd FG missed by Suisham at 6:03 of the 4th).

That's 25 plays and nearly a full quarter's worth of TOP at the game's most crucial point. Stops on those drives might have had the Patriot's back in the game.

Now you guys want to look at that and say how well the defense played!

Some more reasonable people want to say this game could EASILY BEEN A PIT BLOWOUT. Take away the awful pass by Ben to Guyton, this game EASILY could have been 36-13 (if Ghost doesn't hit the goal post and Suiham hits too).

I would proffer that that score would probably be more reflective of the actual game played that day. So was it good defense by the Pats? Or was it poor red zone execution by the Steelers?

You and Burger King can jump up and down and scream all you want, but the game I watched Sunday looked a lot more 36-13'ish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'll meet you in the middle and say the Defense has a lot of progress to make, as well as the offense. On offense, I think it's more about gameplanning, playcalling and adjustments. They have the talent to take it to the opponent. They just need to be a little less predictive and keep opponents guessing. Mix in run, pass, short ball, long ball, TB under center, play-action, spreads. They have the personnel, they need better gameplanning, adjustments and execution.

The defense we could on for days. I think they suffer from a lack of talent overall in key areas. Safety, CB, LB to name 3 big ones. The line seems good, and I like the fact we have depth which we didn't down the stretch last year. However, I think we have a bunch of jags and journeymen at CB (less McD), safety (less Chung) and LB (less Mayo and to a degree Spikes). We need more speed and playmakers in these key positions.

The Pitt game exemplifies the back and forth banter on this board regarding , "Whose fault is it?...". Russ and some others will point to the Offense. Seems like the majority is pointing to the Defense. I think it is both for the reasons above. Clearly the Offense had chances to score when they had the ball. They went 3 and out a lot and didn't extend drives. Conversely, the Defense allowed the Pitt offense to hold the ball and move at will for most of the game, although they didn't give up a ton of points. Without Guyton's INT, I think you are right. The score would have been different.

Back to the original question...."Progress of the Defense"

I think the defense is making progress in some areas where they have consistency, and this is primarily along the DL. The secondary is a mess. IR'ing and cutting players mid-season doesn't help, and asking guys who haven't racked up any time together or in starring roles in this league to "all play well together and communicate" takes time.

So, my questions are this;
    On Defense
    The question really is, "Can the secondary get their sh!t together in time for the playoffs?". And, "Can we build a complimentary game on defense where all 3 levels (DL, LB, secondary) are all playing together?"
    (refer to the Wiggins/Bedard video analysis on the Pitt game. Clearly we were rushing 6 and being aggressive upfront, but our safeties were playing 20 yards off the LOS and didn't cover the outlets. This tells me we aren't communicating well and people are unsure of their assignments)

On Offense
    "Will O'Brien finally understand come playoff time what he needs to do to win games and adjust if his original gameplan is not working?"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Asking O'Brien to make in game adjustments may be too much to expect. We just haven't seen much ability of that in the past.

And I'm not sure they have the talent in the secondary (and the linebackers) to raise their game enough for a playoff run, if they make it that far. And there is only one spot to place blame for that...the "Genius." He's the one picking the players AND coaching them up.

Sections
Shortcuts