Proof Goodell still does Jets favors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Proof Goodell still does Jets favors

The guy does not deny it happened. Funny thing is that he does not think that acting out a pre-designed scenario to manipulate a player's decision-making process crosses the line. Unbelievable.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/716771-rex-ryans-book-raises-questions-about-goodells-role-regarding-holmes

Bedard points out, at page 174 of Play Like You Mean It, Ryan brags about the con he pulled on receiver Santonio Holmes after Holmes was traded to the Jets in April 2010.  Specifically, Ryan asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to meet with the two men — and to rip Ryan in front of Holmes before ripping Holmes in front of Ryan.  The coach’s goal was “to bring Holmes closer to me,” by allowing the two men to commiserate after enduring a mutual ass-chewing from the Commish.

Bedard calls Goodell’s decision to comply with Ryan’s request “problematic.”  Bedard explains that he tried to interview Goodell about the situation during the recent ownership meetings in Indianapolis, a request which ultimately was granted in the form of a “71-second walk and talk.”  Though Goodell defended his involvement as something that “does help a player and does help a coach,” Bedard continues to believe that the gesture by the man who once worked for the Jets gave the Jets a competitive advantage.

“I don’t look at it that way,’’ Goodell told Bedard.  “I look at is as I was asked to try to help a young man who I like very much, and we’re going to continue to try to do whatever we can to make sure that he’s in the best position to continue his career and do the right things on and off the field.’’

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Proof Goodell still does Jets favors

In Response to Proof Goodell still does Jets favors:
    The guy does not deny it happened. Funny thing is that he does not think that acting out a pre-designed scenario to manipulate a player's decision-making process crosses the line. Unbelievable. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/716771-rex-ryans-book-raises-questions-about-goodells-role-regarding-holmes Bedard points out, at page 174 of Play Like You Mean It , Ryan brags about the con he pulled on receiver Santonio Holmes after Holmes was traded to the Jets in April 2010.  Specifically, Ryan asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to meet with the two men — and to rip Ryan in front of Holmes before ripping Holmes in front of Ryan.  The coach’s goal was “to bring Holmes closer to me,” by allowing the two men to commiserate after enduring a mutual ass-chewing from the Commish. Bedard calls Goodell’s decision to comply with Ryan’s request “problematic.”  Bedard explains that he tried to interview Goodell about the situation during the recent ownership meetings in Indianapolis, a request which ultimately was granted in the form of a “71-second walk and talk.”  Though Goodell defended his involvement as something that “does help a player and does help a coach,” Bedard continues to believe that the gesture by the man who once worked for the Jets gave the Jets a competitive advantage. “I don’t look at it that way,’’ Goodell told Bedard.  “I look at is as I was asked to try to help a young man who I like very much, and we’re going to continue to try to do whatever we can to make sure that he’s in the best position to continue his career and do the right things on and off the field.’’
    Posted by seattlepat70
    ..get over it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

It's pretty sad that a coach needs outside help from anybody to connect with a player...you would think they would be able to bond over a mutual goal of winning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerice50. Show jerice50's posts

I have to think Santonio Holmes is plssed for being played.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Proof Goodell still does Jets favors:
    I have to think Santonio Holmes is plssed for being played.
    Posted by jerice50

Exactly! I was just going to say, how can Santonio look them both in the eyes and believe a word they say to him ever again!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't see Goodell as playing favorites to any significant degree. But he is certifiably anal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Proof Goodell still does Jets favors:
    The guy does not deny it happened. Funny thing is that he does not think that acting out a pre-designed scenario to manipulate a player's decision-making process crosses the line. Unbelievable. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/716771-rex-ryans-book-raises-questions-about-goodells-role-regarding-holmes Bedard points out, at page 174 of Play Like You Mean It , Ryan brags about the con he pulled on receiver Santonio Holmes after Holmes was traded to the Jets in April 2010.  Specifically, Ryan asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to meet with the two men — and to rip Ryan in front of Holmes before ripping Holmes in front of Ryan.  The coach’s goal was “to bring Holmes closer to me,” by allowing the two men to commiserate after enduring a mutual ass-chewing from the Commish. Bedard calls Goodell’s decision to comply with Ryan’s request “problematic.”  Bedard explains that he tried to interview Goodell about the situation during the recent ownership meetings in Indianapolis, a request which ultimately was granted in the form of a “71-second walk and talk.”  Though Goodell defended his involvement as something that “does help a player and does help a coach,” Bedard continues to believe that the gesture by the man who once worked for the Jets gave the Jets a competitive advantage. “I don’t look at it that way,’’ Goodell told Bedard.  “I look at is as I was asked to try to help a young man who I like very much, and we’re going to continue to try to do whatever we can to make sure that he’s in the best position to continue his career and do the right things on and off the field.’’
    Posted by seattlepat70

Yes, Goodell is a YETS homer and should not be commissioner.  That is getting clearer each and every day.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is old news. Don`t care about it any more.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Well, since it was brought up, why were't the Jets punished for this? They brought it up so they had to know it was wrong, yet nothing happened to them. BTW, I saved this shot just before the NFL threatened to sue the site owner over copywrite violations. They were hoping to destroy proof of the Jets flagrant violation of the rules.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Proof Goodell still does Jets favors : I get it: Goodell's against the Pats-the refs are against the Pats-Polian is against the Pats-the media is against the Pats-the Easter Bunny is against the Pats-Donald Trump is against the Pats-Bozo the Clown is against the Pats-I get it Paranoia deep destroyer    -The Kinks
    Posted by JintsFan

Give my poor fellow Pat's fans a break. They have to rationalize somehow the lack of reaching the trophy in a long while with a genius at the wheel. That's what most fans do. Look at you. You actually think Eli is good. If he played elsewhere you would laugh at anybody saying that. So, just take it with a grain of salt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, since it was brought up, why were't the Jets punished for this? They brought it up so they had to know it was wrong, yet nothing happened to them. BTW, I saved this shot just before the NFL threatened to sue the site owner over copywrite violations. They were hoping to destroy proof of the Jets flagrant violation of the rules.
    Posted by xxxcrwn

I saw this years ago from a different angle. Sure looks like a jet's employee taping from the sideline. BB should have called on the league to act upon it then and there. Just another mistake by him it seems. Or maybe nobody on the Pat's side of the field noticed the guy. In any case, the key is Mangini reported it to NFL officials and BB didn't.

Goodell botched the whole spygate thing anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

JintsFan, you don't get it.  The guy is the commissioner of the league, not commissioner of the YETS and should not be involved, as commissioner, with any head games played by Ryan on Holmes, or are you taking the position that the player is just a child and what's done to him by the commissioner and his new coach, is just good fun?  Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL, (an overarching leadership postiion), and he needs to act like it.  So far he is commissioner of the YETS and the owners.  Rather biased on my opinion on both counts and I am not takling about spygate, which I could give a @#$K about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Babe Parilli, Parading as a PATS fan, doesn't get either.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Proof Goodell still does Jets favors : I saw this years ago from a different angle. Sure looks like a jet's employee taping from the sideline. BB should have called on the league to act upon it then and there. Just another mistake by him it seems. Or maybe nobody on the Pat's side of the field noticed the guy. In any case, the key is Mangini reported it to NFL officials and BB didn't. Goodell botched the whole spygate thing anyway.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Or maybe it was reported & Goodell didn't act on it? If he did act he would have had to come down harder on the Jets because they started the camera taping, & then reported the Patriots. I for one don't believe he didn't know about it. Are you suggesting everyone else in the country knew about it, but the "comissioner" didn't? He claimed to have gone through game tapes, & if he wasn't lying, the Jets were clearly visible on those tapes filming illegally from the sidelines.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_spy_for_a_spy_jets_started_video_battle-1.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

The average salary for NFL refs is 27k,and tops out at 70k a year not bad for a parttime gig.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Well I would take 27k for that job.thier not making chump change and I didnt say all made 70k they can make up to that and thats whats posted online.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

My bad  that must have not been updated heres one from 2007 so they probally then this states

You may remember the bitter pay dispute between the NFL and the referee's union back in 2001 when the zebras went on strike. The NFL hired 112 temporary officials, some of whom had worked the most competitive American college football conferences. They were paid $8,000 for a guaranteed four weeks. Up to that time, the then-striking officials were earning from $24,825 to $69,990 per season, depending on experience.

What do they earn now? A knowledgeable (and hopefully trustworthy) contributor at Yahoo! Answers states that NFL referees currently earn between $42,295 and $120,998 per season. That might not sound like much, but remember, the NFL season is only 16 games.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Proof Goodell still does Jets favors : Or maybe it was reported & Goodell didn't act on it? If he did act he would have had to come down harder on the Jets because they started the camera taping, & then reported the Patriots. I for one don't believe he didn't know about it. Are you suggesting everyone else in the country knew about it, but the "comissioner" didn't? He claimed to have gone through game tapes, & if he wasn't lying, the Jets were clearly visible on those tapes filming illegally from the sidelines. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_spy_for_a_spy_jets_started_video_battle-1.html
    Posted by xxxcrwn

Well, I said Goodell blew it. He came out guns blazing before he even saw the tapes. Then after that blunder he had to do something drastic because HE made it seem like a catostrophic event. He should have shut up, reviewed the tapes, said no competitive advantage was gained and just fined BB.

As far as who started it, I think the league tried to stonewall how much was going on prior once Goodell made a mountain out of a molehill. I suspect once Goodell opened his big yap more than a few owners gave him a call and said shuddap! you're hurting our image.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts